Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Zodijackylite posted:

I looked on Hells Headbangers site to see if they had CD copies of Profanatica's "Sickened By Holy Host"

They didn't have a CD they released a few years ago.

They have tote bags.

:smithicide:

Well, you gonna buy it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Only if it contains a record with a locked groove of the first riff in this song that just played it over and over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2wrXfcozBM

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Tvte Bvgs

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
Axl Pose is officially joining AC\DC.

Oh dear.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Varg posted:

http://www.choosingdeath.com/

gently caress yeah, tickets on sale saturday

just got back home from this.. goddamn. so.. Dying Fetus had to cancel due to 2 members getting the flu (lame).. Magrudergrind was replaced by Derketa (totally not lame, actually awesome death/doom nearly all female band)

truly one of the best shows I've seen. Horrendous and Noisem were very cool, but Deceased, Misery Index, and Nails were all really amazing. Nails blew me away, heaviest loving band I've ever seen, I'm actually glad now that they were headlining. and since Dying Fetus wasn't there, instead a mix of people came out to play a Sepultura set after Nails was done which was probably way better than the real Sepultura lineup they have now. I can't sleep, I want more... gonna be counting down the days to MDF now.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

H13 posted:

Axl Pose is officially joining AC\DC.

Oh dear.

I can't believe the guy from one incredibly bad band is joining a different bad band

Varg posted:

just got back home from this.. goddamn. so.. Dying Fetus had to cancel due to 2 members getting the flu (lame).. Magrudergrind was replaced by Derketa (totally not lame, actually awesome death/doom nearly all female band)

truly one of the best shows I've seen. Horrendous and Noisem were very cool, but Deceased, Misery Index, and Nails were all really amazing. Nails blew me away, heaviest loving band I've ever seen, I'm actually glad now that they were headlining. and since Dying Fetus wasn't there, instead a mix of people came out to play a Sepultura set after Nails was done which was probably way better than the real Sepultura lineup they have now. I can't sleep, I want more... gonna be counting down the days to MDF now.

Taphos Nomos are pretty cool based on the one demo they've released so far.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

AC/DC - A band who has released one song across a million albums.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Vargatron posted:

AC/DC - A band who has released one song across a million albums.

They're the reason we get things like this though, so it's cool.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

A human heart posted:

Yeah I only caught a couple of their songs by the time I got there but they were good too. Their frontman was funny the way he moved around and did some high kicks in tight pants, announced the name of one song which was unintelligible, sounded like he had some kinda European accent, so my friend looked them up and they're from Pittsburgh apparently. Their names for themselves are hilarious, singer's name is Mountain of Doom.

No tote bags there though so I just bought a Nails shirt. Oh well.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

A human heart posted:

I can't believe the guy from one incredibly bad band is joining a different bad band

Wow, what a spicy take.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
loving lol @ anyone giving a flying poo poo about anything Axl Rose or GnR do these days.

AC/DC aren't all that relevant either nowadays since we have Airbourne who are basically the same but better.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Varg posted:

That's the coolest way it could've turned out. Derketa are awesome, and Dying Fetus and Misery Index are kinda redundant. in terms of being brutal white bread Relapse bread and butter. Horrendous and Noisem are really cool.

P.S. AC/DC sucks and being 60 and playing three chords is a worse state of being old than being 20 and playing one chord, I'm looking at you, Emmure.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Zodijackylite posted:

P.S. AC/DC sucks and being 60 and playing three chords is a worse state of being old than being 20 and playing one chord, I'm looking at you, Emmure.

i'd be surprised if emmure is even playing chords. i had just assumed it was all the low-e string.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Amon Amarth still put on a good damned show just in case anyone is wondering.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i'd be surprised if emmure is even playing chords. i had just assumed it was all the low-e string.

When your guitar tab doubles as binary data.

That makes me wonder if anyone's ever done like reverse hexdump of a file then converted the binary into a deathcore/djent tab, similar to that Aphex Twin song where he hid his face in a spectrogram.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

comes along bort posted:

When your guitar tab doubles as binary data.

That makes me wonder if anyone's ever done like reverse hexdump of a file then converted the binary into a deathcore/djent tab, similar to that Aphex Twin song where he hid his face in a spectrogram.

"oh man this guy wrote a song where it's a digital representation of the fibonacci sequence, he's such a genius" - some goon

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

"oh man this guy wrote a song where it's a musical representation of the fibonacci sequence, he's such a genius" - tool fan

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

"oh man this guy wrote a song where it's a digital representation of the fibonacci sequence, he's such a genius" - some goon

The fibonacci sequence makes a real neat arpeggio sweep. :downs:

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Disclaimer: Must have degree in Theoretical Mathematics and Transcendental Psychology to enjoy this album.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
It's going to be a hot and smelly summer.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Vargatron posted:

Disclaimer: Must have degree in Theoretical Mathematics and Transcendental Psychology to enjoy this album.

Band: Album title?

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Who the hell is going to the TN or KY dates? I seriously want to go.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Oldstench posted:

Band: Album title?

Yes, and the band logo is a bunch of physics equations.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
its total bonehead stereotypical hatebreed but it's still better than the new slayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCgozwhkV-g

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

we both know that this venn diagram is nearly just one big circle with a fedora on top of it

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

I wanna go to "Toad's Place"

Great name.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

Great name.

Thank you WAR DOGS OF SOCHI!
But our show is in another venue!

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

It's so loving rad to get into a band that's been around forever and having a great history to go through. I somehow managed to make it 30+ years as a metal fan without listening to Celtic Frost. I've known their name since the mid-eighties but never got into them. I'm listening to Morbid Tales today and I'm totally blown away. It sounds unlike anything else during from that time but it's instantly familiar somehow. I'm honestly not sure if I would have even liked it if I heard it when it came out.

me your dad fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Apr 19, 2016

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

me your dad posted:

It's so loving rad to get into a band that's been around forever and having a great history to go through. I somehow managed to make it 30+ years as a metal fan without listening to Celtic Frost. I've known their name since the mid-eighties but never got into them. I'm listening to Morbid Tales today and I'm totally blown away. It sounds unlike anything else during from that time but it's instantly familiar somehow. I'm honestly not sure if I would have even liked it if I heard it when it came out.

Start all over with Hellhammer demos. Then, go chronologically thru Celtic Frost's entire catalog. Don't take Cold Lake too seriously. Maybe even sample Tom's experiment in industrial metal, Apollyon Sun. Then use Celtic Frost's epic finale Monotheist as a springboard into his next band, Triptykon. Enjoy!

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Start all over with Hellhammer demos. Then, go chronologically thru Celtic Frost's entire catalog. Don't take Cold Lake too seriously. Maybe even sample Tom's experiment in industrial metal, Apollyon Sun. Then use Celtic Frost's epic finale Monotheist as a springboard into his next band, Triptykon. Enjoy!

Thanks! I finished Morbid Tales and now I'm listening to Hellhammer. They went through a drummer change between Hellhammer and Morbid Tales, right? It's very apparent. The guitar tone is still there though. I don't know what it is about their guitar sound but I love it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Tom Warrior is a top 5 metal frontman. Be sure to check out Triptykon too.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

me your dad posted:

The guitar tone is still there though. I don't know what it is about their guitar sound but I love it.

It's actually ridiculously simple, which is the funny part.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

There's enough Hellhammer worship bands around that you could probably just listen to Hellhammer or things that sound similar indefinitely

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

comes along bort posted:

It's actually ridiculously simple, which is the funny part.

Most of the best guitar tones are. It really is special and so fitting in the sounds of his bands.

comes along bort posted:

Zebulon Pike
Lair of the Minotaur
Roanoke
Burning Witch
Wo Fat
Khanate
Gnaw
Dragged Into Sunlight

That's at least some stuff beyond the usual recs for sludge/doom/whatever.

A human heart posted:

that's a fairly silly request but you might like Shallow Grave for some pretty good Neurosis influenced stuff, Stabat Mater if you like cool funeral doom, Sinistrous Diabolus are excellent death/doom with a bit of sludge in their tone getting into funeral doom territory at times and Beastwars are cool if you like to rock out.

Spanish Manlove posted:

Hooded Menace?
Dead Congregation. Seriously, the first three songs on Promulgation of The Fall are some of the best in death metal.
Horrendous?

Shakenbaker posted:

Bongripper, Old Man Gloom, or Lumbar could work for you.

Pallbearer is an almost perfect combination of those 4 bands.

I'm adding as many of these as possible to my apple music backlog and so far most of it is hitting the spot just right. Thanks!

Wyzt
Mar 22, 2007

At the Heart of the Swarm

A human heart posted:

Taphos Nomos has two demos, and an EP thats 24 minutes long. One of the guys from Taphos Nomos also writes for Decibel Magazine, hes the guy who wrote the article about my band in the upcoming issue.

For anyone who hasnt heard them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h_Cv4h3K9A

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Wyzt posted:

Taphos Nomos has two demos, and an EP thats 24 minutes long. One of the guys from Taphos Nomos also writes for Decibel Magazine, hes the guy who wrote the article about my band in the upcoming issue.

good lord, this rules immediately

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Wyzt posted:

I was actually talking about that EP, the demos are just rehearsals for the album or what have you that came out after it did. But they are very good.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

me your dad posted:

Thanks! I finished Morbid Tales and now I'm listening to Hellhammer. They went through a drummer change between Hellhammer and Morbid Tales, right? It's very apparent. The guitar tone is still there though. I don't know what it is about their guitar sound but I love it.

Do yourself a favour and listen to the "Death Cult" demo by Coroner. It has Tom G. Warrior on vocals and it is really good. He also wrote all the songs and helped to produce it.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

I'm listening to the Khthoniik Cerviiks album and it's really good, if you like 'weird' death metal like Demilich or bands like Voivod or Coroner you will probably like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

Great name.

Toad's Place is awesome, but they pretty much only book smaller package tours for metal now. That basically means one metal show per year, a Hatebreed show every other year, and the rest is D-list rappers, Sublime/Grateful Dead cover bands, and some smooth jazz guy who plays there every single week.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Tom Warrior is a top 5 metal frontman. Be sure to check out Triptykon too.

Ugh! Are you morbid?