Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
Okay who got him to do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Check out @TheSidVicious's Tweet: https://twitter.com/TheSidVicious/status/721236349114851332?s=09

:(

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Mob posted:

you call what you did suckin cock? coconono couldn't even finish and he beat off to a milk carton once

GodDAMN

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

actually this is the best thing lance storm has ever been a part of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWMD4rKtwG4

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Mob posted:

you call what you did suckin cock? coconono couldn't even finish and he beat off to a milk carton once

Only because the child on the carton didn't look the same anymore in his basement.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Gonzo McFee posted:

Only because the child on the carton didn't look the same anymore in his basement.

:drat:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I kid because I love.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mob posted:

Savage.

Tbf it was when Mariah Carey disappeared.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

oldpainless posted:

Big Blue and Captain America are my two favorite superheroes and I realize that makes me gay and not cool in today's political attitude and I accept that.

I'm pretty sure being gay for Captain America is fully okay.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
He looks fine. He looks cool, um

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Remember that angle in ROH where his knee was supposedly completely gone and he and Generico were making one last push for the tag titles before his forced early retirement? They lose the match and afterwards Generico and him hug, then suddenly Steen attacks him and beats the poo poo out of him. He goes home and immediately puts out a tweet (or whatever the equivalent was then) online saying,"Hey everybody, my knee feels much better thank you :)"

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/TozawaAkira/status/721548303859462144

:3:

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://vine.co/v/itwztFK5ii1

lol

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Gonzo McFee posted:

Frigging brutal.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

Holy moly

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/WWEBigE/status/721865671433457665

Keep the dream of fun wrestling alive, wear more dicks on your heads, people!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mister E posted:

https://twitter.com/WWEBigE/status/721865671433457665

Keep the dream of fun wrestling alive, wear more dicks on your heads, people!

That was in response to this

https://twitter.com/WWEBigE/status/721864410025836545

Team came very close to not happening, so close two people bet their jobs on it. Then when it did and almost immediately busted, they kept the net and begged to have freedom in doing what they wanted with this. Now it's one of the hottest things in the company.

Sometimes things work out :unsmith:

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx

Chris James 2 posted:

Team came very close to not happening, so close two people bet their jobs on it. Then when it did and almost immediately busted, they kept the net and begged to have freedom in doing what they wanted with this. Now it's one of the hottest things in the company.

I was pretty gutted when they first started and were given that weird mess of a gospel gimmick to try and work with because I liked them and wanted them all to have something successful. Luckily between their persistence and sheer charisma they turned it around to being the best act going.

Power of Positivity ya'll!

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

So one of the few midcard acts that WWE hasn't shacked with 50-50 booking or generally pulled the rug under destroyed Roman Reigns in merch sales.

At least he's still really over at house shows!

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Korelle posted:

So one of the few midcard acts that WWE hasn't shacked with 50-50 booking

Did you miss the Wrestlemania match that they lost?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Wrestlemania doesn't count especially for participants in gimmick nostalgia acts.

They've held the title for close to a drat year right?

Honestly the way that the New Day was clowning the LoN they(LoN) probably should have won at WM. New Day has been cheating and playing the numbers game and has had pretty much 0 comeuppance.

I'm cool with it because they are awesome dudes. But yeah if this was anyone else there would be complaints

Dexo fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Apr 18, 2016

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Was anyone seriously not wanting to see Stone Cold stun Xavier

Did anybody consider Xavier anything other than a comedic manager who does things like get stunned by SCSA

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Dexo posted:

Wrestlemania doesn't count

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Dexo posted:

Wrestlemania doesn't count especially for participants in gimmick nostalgia acts.

They've held the title for close to a drat year right?

Honestly the way that the New Day was clowning the LoN they(LoN) probably should have won at WM. New Day has been cheating and playing the numbers game and has had pretty much 0 comeuppance.

I'm cool with it because they are awesome dudes. But yeah if this was anyone else there would be complaints
they won it at Extreme Rules last year, lost it at MITB to the PTP for 2 months, won it back at Summerlsam. so about 10 months of the last 12.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mania might have been the most irrelevant PPV I've ever seen.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Chris James 2 posted:

there was road block

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Basic Chunnel posted:

Was anyone seriously not wanting to see Stone Cold stun Xavier

Did anybody consider Xavier anything other than a comedic manager who does things like get stunned by SCSA

I seriously did and was confused why others didn't.
That said the last match I saw with Xavier was with John Cena and it was good enough for me to think he might have one with someone other than John Cena, though I've been wrong before like that.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Stardust had such an awful match with Cena once. Stardust is the worst wrestler in WWE.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chris James 2 posted:

All the midcard stuff seemed like make-a-wish stuff for wrestlers.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

RacistGuidingLight posted:

I seriously did and was confused why others didn't.
That said the last match I saw with Xavier was with John Cena and it was good enough for me to think he might have one with someone other than John Cena, though I've been wrong before like that.

The issue wasn't Stone Cold stunning Xavier, that was awesome and its absolutely what should have happened. The issue is the context in which it happened, which made New Day look like geeks there to facilitate the REAL stars, all of whom are retired and will almost certainly never wrestle another match.

If Xavier and cut a promo from the floor about how being stunned by Steve Austin was the best moment of his life and the rest of New Day went right back to dancing in celebration, that'd at least be something, the segment would have ended up with THEM being the spotlight figure. Instead it was all about Austin, who didn't speak and who's presence has no meaning beyond its simple fact.

I'll grant that New Day seems not to have been damaged by what happened, but its just one more piece of the larger picture. Even one of their most successful acts is a second fiddle to Old Guys, and it sucks. Do you think they would have had BROCK just eat a Stunner and call it a night for the nightly Nostalgia Pop?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sanguinia posted:

The issue wasn't Stone Cold stunning Xavier, that was awesome and its absolutely what should have happened. The issue is the context in which it happened, which made New Day look like geeks there to facilitate the REAL stars, all of whom are retired and will almost certainly never wrestle another match.

If Xavier and cut a promo from the floor about how being stunned by Steve Austin was the best moment of his life and the rest of New Day went right back to dancing in celebration, that'd at least be something, the segment would have ended up with THEM being the spotlight figure. Instead it was all about Austin, who didn't speak and who's presence has no meaning beyond its simple fact.

I'll grant that New Day seems not to have been damaged by what happened, but its just one more piece of the larger picture. Even one of their most successful acts is a second fiddle to Old Guys, and it sucks. Do you think they would have had BROCK just eat a Stunner and call it a night for the nightly Nostalgia Pop?

They would have Heyman do it in a second.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

Do you think they would have had BROCK just eat a Stunner and call it a night for the nightly Nostalgia Pop?

That was literally how the Brock/Goldberg clusterfuck ended

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/BossMoz/status/721907388605829120

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

ayn rand hand job posted:

there was road block

yeah but roadblock had an awesome dean ambrose match.

it got me completely pumped up for the wet fart that was lesnar/ambrose

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Sanguinia posted:

listen I love the new day but they are not on brocks level

neither is anyone else

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

listen I love the new day but they are not on brocks level

neither is anyone else

Its not like there are a lot of other people who they actually treat like stars you can slot into the example. The Rock. Roman. Cena. That's about it. Either way, the point remains. New Day were not treated as worthy star-level people in that segment because you can't imagine what happened to them happening to any of the guys who are.

I get that the point was to give them the rub by putting them in the ring with the Legends, but there's an obvious difference between a parade of IC Champions congratulating Daniel Bryan on becoming IC Champion and a parade of Hall of Famers humiliating Heath Slater, and I know which one that Mania segment reminded me more of.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

the actually bad part of that segment was that LoN won

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
Don't even pretend Xavier Woods wasn't over the moon to be offered a beer and then stunnered by Austin.

Hell, he even got Austin to do that gyrating hips thing.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Mania's becoming increasingly irrelevant as far as kayfabe stories, and is really the big showcase for the casual watcher now because it's the most recognizable in the media. It's the one that gets mainstream hype, so it gets booked to please the investors. Look at the winners:

-Ryder, a "Wrestlemania moment" and because the stars were the ladder spots, not anyone in the match
-Jericho, big name from the Attitude Era
-LoN, to set up the Legends appearance and because New Day can afford to eat a loss
-Lesnar, big name from the post-Attitude Era
-Charlotte, accompanied by her legendary dad (Sasha had Snoop but he's not on WWE TV regularly)
-Undertaker, icon from pre-Attitude
-Corbin, the next top heel they want you to want
-The Rock, icon from Attitude (and now Hollywood)
-Reigns, the next top face they want you to want (and since he's newer, HHH for the recognizable name)

The entire card was booked around getting that mainstream money and pulling in new viewers, and probably always will be (unless someone like Bryan forces it again). Expect Reigns/Corbin for the title in a few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The New Day are guest editing a British tabloid called The New Day. Yes it is.

https://twitter.com/Ankaman616/status/721985207046430722

https://twitter.com/Ankaman616/status/721987725071630337

https://twitter.com/Ankaman616/status/721992794605232128