Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

RBX posted:

SS2 was supposed to be the perfect super sayian tho.

Unfortunately gohan did it first so it could never be important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Vintimus Prime posted:

That poo poo was hot fire. And I like the thought that maybe Goku hadn't taught anyone else kaio Jen was because it just took him so drat long to perfect it. Now I am really hooked to see where this goes from here

I always assumed that everyone was using it, just as a basic technique. But if Kaio-Ken is still a thing, then for gods sake teach it to Piccolo and Tien! They could actually keep up with everyone else, their base power is pretty much the same as Goku/Vegita. All they lack is a power multiplier.

Why didn't he teach Piccolo during the android saga, when it would have made a huge difference? They trained for 3 years straight! Maybe Goku is deliberately holding back techniques so he can hog all of the fights for himself.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

The Z fighters really don't like sharing techniques. They love to steal from Tenshinhan, though.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

Unfortunately gohan did it first so it could never be important.

Hey now, gohan's been a complete chump ever since the time jump, but nobody made SS2 look better than him in that Cell battle.

Always had that look in his eyes a mobster gives some sap who wasn't able to make his payments in time when they're pleading for their life to be spared

White Light fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Apr 18, 2016

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rutibex posted:

I always assumed that everyone was using it, just as a basic technique. But if Kaio-Ken is still a thing, then for gods sake teach it to Piccolo and Tien! They could actually keep up with everyone else, their base power is pretty much the same as Goku/Vegita. All they lack is a power multiplier.

Their base power is so far from Goku/Vegeta's it's just funny to even compare them. Since Goku and Vegeta became Saiyans Beyond God their base state is far more powerful than even the revived Final Form Freeza, who chumped Super Saiyan Gohan without even transforming and that was the strongest weapon on the heroes' side back then.

Rudoku posted:

The Z fighters really don't like sharing techniques. They love to steal from Tenshinhan, though.

They love to steal from each other in general. After all I think like half the characters have used the Kienzan at one point or another despite being Krillin's own invention, and Krillin himself knows the Sokidan, Yamcha's move. It's honestly more surprising that everyone isn't shooting Kikohos everywhere.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Piccolo could still seriously benefit from it. The it tears up your body part is even worked around a bit by the fact that Piccolo can regenerate. Combined with the fact that he is probably about as strong as Cell was now just by default, along with his ability to put up a good fight just by using skill and technique.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
This might be the best moment of my adult life. All my arguments for why goku didn't use Kaio-ken were right but also he did it wtih super saiyan god and moved faster than time stoppign and muda muda muda aaah this was awesome

How Many Seconds Can You Move In The Stopped Time, Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Kaio-Ken Times Ten Goku?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

MonsterEnvy posted:

Piccolo could still seriously benefit from it. The it tears up your body part is even worked around a bit by the fact that Piccolo can regenerate. Combined with the fact that he is probably about as strong as Cell was now just by default, along with his ability to put up a good fight just by using skill and technique.

regeneration probably doesn't fix burning through your life force

also piccolo is nowhere near that strong as he couldn't match frost in pure strength in goku's estimation.

Elfgames fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Apr 18, 2016

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blaze Dragon posted:

Their base power is so far from Goku/Vegeta's it's just funny to even compare them. Since Goku and Vegeta became Saiyans Beyond God their base state is far more powerful than even the revived Final Form Freeza, who chumped Super Saiyan Gohan without even transforming and that was the strongest weapon on the heroes' side back then.

We don't know how strong Tien is :colbert:

He has been training the entire time, I bet he has some sweet tricks up his sleeve by now.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

All I could think of with Hit is "Hit uses Improvement. It is super effective" :v:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tien shows up to fight frieza's goober squad doesn't he

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
What the gently caress is with the power levels in super? How is Hit not just instantly evaporating from Goku at this point? It's been implied he's not as strong or increasing his strength but just improving his ability, yet he can still take hits from someone who should now be stronger than Beerus if kaio ken makes any sense? This series is so confusing lmao

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you should never think too hard about power levels in dragon ball

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Just found out about that aura stacking, holy poo poo that is the coolest thing ever.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That and the next episode preview has Goku saying "finally using your full strength huh" so he's holding back and is as strong

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

you should never think too hard about power levels in dragon ball
they're not exactly complicated or atleast weren't until super took a vacation to whogivesashitland

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I always wondered if this what was he was trying to do in the final battle with kid Buu, but he complained that he lacked the strength to pull off, before Vegeta told him to just make a spirit bomb.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i liked that they justified Goku not using it with other Super Saiyan forms even if it's kind of flimsy. and also that elder kai is still grumpy about all this transformation stuff is good

kaioken super saiyan blue is some purestrain dbz poo poo and i cant wait to see what tops this, or how vegeta catches up to that technique power-wise

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Akumos posted:

What the gently caress is with the power levels in super? How is Hit not just instantly evaporating from Goku at this point? It's been implied he's not as strong or increasing his strength but just improving his ability, yet he can still take hits from someone who should now be stronger than Beerus if kaio ken makes any sense? This series is so confusing lmao

It's a logarithmic thing. Even though Goku and Vegeta are 8's and Beerus is a 10, a 9 is worth 10 times as much as Goku or Vegeta and Beerus is 100 times as strong as them, but if they worked together it could make up the difference due to the difficulty of fighting two opponents at once

it's powerlevels I don't gotta explain poo poo

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

after vegeta went super cyan too, he determined that the best way to widen the power gap is with super cyan 2

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Goku's learned multiple techniques just by seeing them once or twice he's probably just expected everyone to have already learned kaio-ken and instant transmission themselves given the amount of times they've seen him use it.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

sharktamer posted:

Goku's learned multiple techniques just by seeing them once or twice he's probably just expected everyone to have already learned kaio-ken and instant transmission themselves given the amount of times they've seen him use it.

that being said he still hasnt used this.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Did a little google:

db wiki posted:

If two users of Instant Transmission enter the zone they are capable of interacting with each other. The teleportation zone is seen in Dragon Ball Z: The Return of Cooler, where Goku and Meta-Cooler both enter the zone and fight each other

wat

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Stairmaster posted:

they're not exactly complicated or atleast weren't until super took a vacation to whogivesashitland

I'm just imagining the various big series manga writers hanging out on their giant piles of money and telling each other jokes.

And when it's Akira Toriyama's turn, he just says "Power levels."

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

sharktamer posted:

Did a little google:

wat

One of the somewhat official Wikis also suggests that "World's Strongest" must have taken place after Goku returned from Namek and were waiting for the Androids to make their appearance and the only reason he didn't go SSJ is because it was too cold for him to concentrate. So I'd take all of that with a block of salt.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The movie did have a teleport zone, it was the gimmick for like half the fight and then everyone forgot about it.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
So does this mean Goku could escape the phantom zone? There goes Supermans trump card.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

The movies always invent stuff, in the next movie, Goku ate a genki dama to power up even more, I'd just ignore all that.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Rutibex posted:

So does this mean Goku could escape the phantom zone? There goes Supermans trump card.

Of course, I mean Buu got out of the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, a empty void with no door out by screaming.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

New Leaf posted:

One of the somewhat official Wikis also suggests that "World's Strongest" must have taken place after Goku returned from Namek and were waiting for the Androids to make their appearance and the only reason he didn't go SSJ is because it was too cold for him to concentrate. So I'd take all of that with a block of salt.

To be fair, Goku does use Kaoiken x10 (x20 in some dubs) in that movie. That SS excuse is dumb, though.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Darko posted:

The movies always invent stuff, in the next movie, Goku ate a genki dama to power up even more, I'd just ignore all that.

You're gonna feel so dumb when in the next arc Goku goes SSBKaio-Kenx20 and gathers the energy of Universe 7 to eat the Genki Dama and be almost as strong as Beerus.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

It's weird that Hit basically has the same excuse for getting stronger as Freeza did, that he's putting real effort into getting stronger for the first time ever.
Cool episode overall, fighting was awesome and Blue Kaio-Ken was really hype. I like how they explained why he never tried did with his other Super Saiyan forms.

sharktamer posted:

Did a little google:

wat

It's a really weird thing that movie made up that doesn't really make sense even by DBZ logic

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Augus posted:

It's weird that Hit basically has the same excuse for getting stronger as Freeza did, that he's putting real effort into getting stronger for the first time ever.
Cool episode overall, fighting was awesome and Blue Kaio-Ken was really hype. I like how they explained why he never tried did with his other Super Saiyan forms.

It's a really weird thing that movie made up that doesn't really make sense even by DBZ logic

Yeah I'm digging the fights, but gently caress.. I can't get behind Hit's little boost. It's like he didn't know he could scream and glow until that moment. "I never needed to get better so I didn't until THIS VERY SECOND" is such a bullshit response. I'd love it if someone would just pull a Kaioken on Goku.. "Yeah this hurts like a motherfucker and I'll pay for this in the morning, but there's no way I'm going to let you beat me."

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I find it mind-boggling that Hit is 1000 years old and never had to train once in all that time to become the strongest person in his universe. Never even considered it.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I find it hilarious that one person in a single race could just randomly be strong enough to destroy a universe without training or effort.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

tsob posted:

I find it hilarious that one person in a single race could just randomly be strong enough to destroy a universe without training or effort.

What about Beerus and Champa? Or even Whis and Vados?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
They're neither one person in a single race (there's probably at least a few more of each) or random given that two of them are gods of destruction and two are are their trainers.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I've always just assumed that Beerus and Whis are one of a kind (technically two of a kind since the whole universe thing), and that there's no actual race either of them are apart of. Beerus was just born as the God of Destruction and Whis was born to be a trainer.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Isn't Champa explicitly Beerus brother?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
There's presumably at least 7 of each. I don't know that you'd really call 7 beings a race, but then, what else do you call it?

• Locked thread