Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You're nothing without me David!
NOTHING!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKpzCCuHDVY

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Infinitum posted:

You're nothing without me David!
NOTHING!

##unvote I am disconcerted by this

As in I have lost my concert

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I would also like to hear why Jimson is so concerned about his own scumminess and why I shouldn't vote his rear end

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED
Same

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

tpink posted:

Agree with that. ##vote Jimson, though I am also fine unvoting if he comes back and offers an explanation. We are at 4 votes only, so plenty of time left.

Your vote made five for Jimson, so we're at H-2. I'm fine staying on Jimson atm, as :/ as this entire thing is to me.

Without Jimson's post, I'd be voting AA for copying the Mayor's self vote and then only responding to p much tell us they saw Birdstrike's vote on them. Like, as early as they were, their two posts very minimally interacted with anyone. AA, what do you think about our Jimson votes?

Im also curious about AR and the Mayor, but that's my gut more than anything.

I'd like to read from Hal and our Muse, what do you two feel about this?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Plenty of time left for me but I would vote Jimson at this stage. Same blending vote AA used but even later and with an added scumclaim.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

tentative8e8op posted:

Your vote made five for Jimson, so we're at H-2. I'm fine staying on Jimson atm, as :/ as this entire thing is to me.

Without Jimson's post, I'd be voting AA for copying the Mayor's self vote and then only responding to p much tell us they saw Birdstrike's vote on them. Like, as early as they were, their two posts very minimally interacted with anyone. AA, what do you think about our Jimson votes?

Im also curious about AR and the Mayor, but that's my gut more than anything.

I'd like to read from Hal and our Muse, what do you two feel about this?

As far as the minimal interaction goes, I never really know what to say D1 or how to get on with everyone during joke-phase or the transition into making cases. As far as the votes on Jimson goes...

I think Jimson saying he thinks he could be a scum could be a gambit, but I have no real conviction on the idea. Reasoning as to why it could be a gambit is that it was made during joke phase and that it's something that could be easily dismissed as such.

As far as the votes on him though, I think it creates a good opportunity for scum to pile onto something without much reasoning involved. I wouldn't doubt if scum were on the vote if he's town and if he's not scum, I anticipate some may pull off of the vote closer to deadline. As far as the individual votes. I'll have to get back to you.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

As far as the minimal interaction goes, I never really know what to say D1 or how to get on with everyone during joke-phase or the transition into making cases. As far as the votes on Jimson goes...

I think Jimson saying he thinks he could be a scum could be a gambit, but I have no real conviction on the idea. Reasoning as to why it could be a gambit is that it was made during joke phase and that it's something that could be easily dismissed as such.

As far as the votes on him though, I think it creates a good opportunity for scum to pile onto something without much reasoning involved. I wouldn't doubt if scum were on the vote if he's town and if he's not scum, I anticipate some may pull off of the vote closer to deadline. As far as the individual votes. I'll have to get back to you.

and if he is scum.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Holy poo poo hahahahahahaha I guess this will teach me to pay attention to games I was joke posting in hahahaha just checked vote finder lmfao
##unvote

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

I don't know whether or not Jimson was joking, but scumclaiming then vanishing doesn't sit well with me. ##vote Jimson

This is the scummiest post of the game so far for me. Jimson's scumclaim early in day 1 has about as much real meaning as a townclaim (absolutely none). This reads like an attempt to turn it into a Thing.

It's just a day 1 read, but hey, gotta vote someone.
##vote SSV

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hi jimson!

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Whats up buddy :D

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Jimson posted:

Whats up scumbuddy :D

:shittypop:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Kasumeat posted:

This is the scummiest post of the game so far for me. Jimson's scumclaim early in day 1 has about as much real meaning as a townclaim (absolutely none). This reads like an attempt to turn it into a Thing.

##vote SSV

If we "gotta vote someone", then why is your read based off a single post better than mine?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Oh poo poo, I didn't even know I posted that Whelp ! scum slip Sorry guys :3 (Scum team, is who ever the mod is, Lowtax, Lady Ambien, and there baby.)

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Also, just so everyone is aware. This wasn't some crazy gambit plan, or any poo poo like that. This was just a lovely town joke post, and me forgetting I was playing in a game. Sorry to disappoint, buuuuut I seriously think we should give some kind of weight to that read on SSV. Everyone else's posting has always been along the lines of, Oh hey when is jimson coming back? Lol he said he was scum time to vote :D and as Kasumeat said. Hey gotta vote someone.

##vote SSV

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Just trying my hardest to give some honest scum reads after I was gone, maybe instead we should pay attention to people who didn't say anything about me? Like Infinitum, who didn't say a thing.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I...I dunno bros.

##unvote:ohdearsass:

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

tpink posted:

I...I dunno bros.

##unvote:ohdearsass:

Guys, I am a special day cop who has to roll 3 d6 and I have to roll a total of 10 or higher, if I do I get a positive read. Tpink is scum.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Jimson posted:

Guys, I am a special day cop who has to roll 3 d6 and I have to roll a total of 10 or higher, if I do I get a positive read. Tpink is scum.

Lol, is it already time for that "I'm a cop!" gambit that just worked out so well for you in the other game?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

tpink posted:

Lol, is it already time for that "I'm a cop!" gambit that just worked out so well for you in the other game?

Says the scum poster dude I rolled 3 d6 and got a 18 I got this poo poo man.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote tpink excellent "trap sprung" by jimson there

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

If we "gotta vote someone", then why is your read based off a single post better than mine?

Because a jokepost is a jokepost, but you're trying to play it off as a seriouspost.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Jimson posted:

Says the scum poster dude I rolled 3 d6 and got a 18 I got this poo poo man.

I call made-up bullshit.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

tpink posted:

I call made-up bullshit.

:thejoke:

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Jimson's post, that is. You're playing the "I'm far from certain but I've got bad vibes" card on what's obviously a meaningless post. I think that you trying to give off bad vibes about Jimson's nonsense post might be intentional, and thus it's the scummiest post so far. My bad vibes from you is based on a post which I believe to be serious, vs. yours which clearly was not addressing a serious post.

lol I'm too tired to rewrite that more clearly but I think it's good enough

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
I was hoping I hadn't accidentally lured Jimson to an early grave with a misleading D1 post.

##unvote

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Hi. I'm here and I love to party

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Your Personal Muse posted:

Vengaboy spotted

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Your Personal Muse posted:

Hello! and goodbye I guess?

Id enjoy reading your view even if its just one quick thought

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

tpink posted:

I call made-up bullshit.
If you dont know who could be what, you can find our possible roles here:

Allen Wren posted:

A C9++ game of Mafia.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Kasumeat posted:

##vote SSV

SirSamVimes posted:

Kasumeat posted:

Because a jokepost is a jokepost, but you're trying to play it off as a seriouspost.

Kasumeat posted:

Jimson's post, that is. You're playing the "I'm far from certain but I've got bad vibes" card on what's obviously a meaningless post. I think that you trying to give off bad vibes about Jimson's nonsense post might be intentional, and thus it's the scummiest post so far. My bad vibes from you is based on a post which I believe to be serious, vs. yours which clearly was not addressing a serious post.

lol I'm too tired to rewrite that more clearly but I think it's good enough
You wrote clearly enough for me to understand

##unvote
##vote SirSamVimes

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Absurd Revolver posted:

I was hoping I hadn't accidentally lured Jimson to an early grave with a misleading D1 post.

##unvote
I dont understand what you're saying, please walk me through it. You were Jimson's fourth vote, but you were hoping no one else would vote for him at all, or what?

You are not voicing your thoughts on anyone who voted Jimson after you, and you're putting your vote on no one now that everyone's leaving him. Did you join a group, voting someone you didnt want to see lynched, simply to vote?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
##vote Kasumeat you seem awfully sure about what is and what isn't a jokevote

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Also sound uncomfortably like Kashuno for my tastes

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
c'mon town, get off the road to nowhere!

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Birdstrike posted:

##vote Kasumeat you seem awfully sure about what is and what isn't a jokevote

Birdstrike posted:

Also sound uncomfortably like Kashuno for my tastes

Birdstrike posted:

c'mon town, get off the road to nowhere!

Huh... just gonna let this float out there for a moment considering no one else AT ALL (other than ssv) is defending ssv... SSV & BIRDSTRIKE SCUM TEAM?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
calling out a bad vote doesn't mean I'm defending anyone else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Birdstrike posted:

calling out a bad vote doesn't mean I'm defending anyone else

I've gotten this ethos recently, that the only people who call a vote bad on day one are scum afraid of us getting on there tail.

• Locked thread