Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

fart simpson posted:

maine is bad

my favorite recent shaggerism was him making fun of florida for all the old people and then someone pointed out maine has the oldest population of any state

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

those statistics can't be trusted if they're uncritically counting everyone north of bangor as human

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

downtown bangor isnt bad actually. it has a legitimately great pakistani restaurant for some reason

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
gonna have some coffee soon

update: drinking it now, it's good

Syncopated fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Apr 18, 2016

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

mishaq posted:

my favorite recent shaggerism was him making fun of florida for all the old people and then someone pointed out maine has the oldest population of any state

the olds in maine lived there already, the olds in florida moved there on purpose

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
drinking coffee

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Chris Knight posted:

the olds in maine lived there already, the olds in florida moved there on purpose

a lotta olds move to maine to retire too

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

fart simpson posted:

im drinking my second cup of the morning

i went to second cup this morning, they make a tasty latte

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Chris Knight posted:

the olds in maine and florida have like a 20% overlap.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
also the discussion was about why someone couldn't find self checkout machines in florida and I suggested it was all the old people. we also don't have very many self checkouts here for the same reason. I wish we did have more of them tho because they are the best

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
theyre terrible. it took me 8 minutes to check out a loving hand basket of groceries the other day because the machine lost its loving mind at the notion that somebody would want to buy a dozen donuts at 6:30 in the morning so i stood there like a pissed off old dude while a person that otherwise would have been my cashier repeatedly pawed at a hand scanner to cancel the AN ATTENDANT WILL BE WITH YOU SHORTLY klaxon

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
sounds like maybe you should move to florida or maine.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

if theres one thing i love to do after i shop its the job of a minimum wage employee

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Shaggar posted:

sounds like maybe you should move to florida or maine.

i think im not allowed to for about 30 more years

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
altho lots of yosposters are also confused by coke freestyle machines so maybe you people are all a lot older than I thought

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Shaggar posted:

altho lots of yosposters are also confused by coke freestyle machines so maybe you people are all a lot older than I thought

they have a loving terrible ui, sorry, next

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lmao.

*80 year old yosposter walks up to the coke machine*
"bluuhhhh which button do a click for coke?? theres one that says coke with the coke logo, is that it???" *drools on self*

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i was confused as to why you're defending them until i realized who else made devices that are 50% lovely touchscreen 50% just-hit-this-button

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

coke freestyle machine have a solid half second of lag on the dispense button and i see so many people who overflow their cup because of it. theyre bad, op.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

also its dumb af because ~90% of the people who walk up to one just want one of the top 4 choices (coke, diet, zero, sprite) but everyone has to slog thru a bunch of dang menus instead

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

see also: any website written in english where there's a country dropdown but 'united states' and 'united kingdom' are way at the bottom because alphabetization

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
im the UI team that doesnt weight the relative popularity of sodas and hence streamline the distribution process by sizing the icons larger for more popular sodas, basic UI element concepts that should have been made possible by this, but no, if you see, its a touchscreen that is literally nothing more than a replacement for some stupid bullshit buttons. you could replace the coke freestyle display with sixteen SPST pushbutton switches from sparkfun and some stickers

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

maniacdevnull posted:

see also: any website written in english where there's a country dropdown but 'united states' and 'united kingdom' are way at the bottom because alphabetization

if my ip address could suggest what my region was somehow, it might be possible to show me a menu with the places where i'm likely to be near the top of the list

that would be a nifty feature

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

soda is bad for you and you shouldn't drink it more than once in a while

if anything they are doing you a favor with the bad ui

yes i know you could instead just take a bottle out of the cold drinks section but fountain is better

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Jonny 290 posted:

im the UI team that doesnt weight the relative popularity of sodas and hence streamline the distribution process by sizing the icons larger for more popular sodas, basic UI element concepts that should have been made possible by this, but no, if you see, its a touchscreen that is literally nothing more than a replacement for some stupid bullshit buttons. you could replace the coke freestyle display with sixteen SPST pushbutton switches from sparkfun and some stickers

But but but that's not enough choices! how would someone get raspberry-vanilla diet ginger ale!?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

probably gonna make some coffee #blessed

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
im not allowed to drink coffee past 5am
its 830 and im still wide loving awake
i need to shift my sleep schedule back earlier. more tea lately.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Jonny 290 posted:

im not allowed to drink coffee past 5am
its 830 and im still wide loving awake
i need to shift my sleep schedule back earlier. more tea lately.

One way or another I guess we'll see you in six hours

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

maniacdevnull posted:

One way or another I guess we'll see you in six hours

basically yeah

i think today will be nosleep insomnia day and then i'll stay up tonight and crash tomorrow morn

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Shut the gently caress up about soda, idiots.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

flakeloaf posted:

if my ip address could suggest what my region was somehow, it might be possible to show me a menu with the places where i'm likely to be near the top of the list

that would be a nifty feature

It's even better when picking anything other than U.S. throws an error that the service isn't available in your area. gj everyone.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Shut the gently caress up about soda, idiots.

its just a topic that happened to pop up

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i'm sure it'll fizz out here shortly

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Most topics like this trend to get flat if you leave them sit for a while

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Jonny 290 posted:

i'm sure it'll fizz out here shortly

boooooo

maniacdevnull posted:

Most topics like this trend to get flat if you leave them sit for a while

hissssss

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
im not tryin to be a jerk about it

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

No talking about loving soda in this thread. Go and talk about that poo poo in gbs.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

If dad jokes are wrong baby I don't want to be right

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
wow, seems like some discontent is brewing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU