Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
The Warmup had the old Train map on it as of a month ago (the last time I checked) so I'm not sure about how often they update it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Also be wary of any jump throw videos they have, they don't tell you whether it's 128 tick or not.

Absorbs Smaller Goons
Mar 16, 2006
They are missing a lot of basic smokes also, for example, they only have lower tunnels to xbox smoke for d2.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

1v3 clutch to win an MM game 16-14 :woop:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Does anyone have their radar/minimaps replaced with superior versions? I thought I saved a website that had all of the official map pool redone, but was hesitant to install it because I know simple texture swapping can get you VAC'd. Now I can't find it.

If anyone has a link let me know. Google is failing me.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
PAGE 144 LET'S GO 144HZ!

eh I tried

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

fennesz posted:

Does anyone have their radar/minimaps replaced with superior versions? I thought I saved a website that had all of the official map pool redone, but was hesitant to install it because I know simple texture swapping can get you VAC'd. Now I can't find it.

If anyone has a link let me know. Google is failing me.

I don't know if you'd get VAC'd, but I do know that ESEA does not allow them to be used since they consider it tampering with game files. Frankly, I think it's just a good idea that if you have any doubt about using it, then don't. We don't want another "Mumble Crosshair Overlay" incident, do we?

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I think it'd be fine (seems like a lot of folks use it) but I keep remembering people texture switching in HL1's single player getting VAC'd because it somehow affected something in CS or HL DM. It sounded dumb, is dumb, and I don't feel like chancing it unless one of you nerds has been at it for a while.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Katana Gomai posted:

1v3 clutch to win an MM game 16-14 :woop:

im so mad i forgot to get my 1v5 clutch win :'(

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Icept posted:

PAGE 144 LET'S GO 144HZ!

eh I tried

Buy me a 144hz monitor and I'll party with you

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

It's a pretty interesting graph but I dunno how much it shows in isolation. I mean Liquid played and lost two bo1 games and that's it. Sample size is pretty small, and I guess at some point that stat can be surprisingly negative? Most trade kills happen when the majority of players are still alive, so it could equally show that Liquid, mouz and Tyloo gave away entry frags to to other teams more often than average even though they got the trades back.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
Could also show an overreliance on aggressive push strats instead of pick-offs

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

http://oddshot.tv/shot/esl-csgo-20160419192633571

It's happening again.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Could someone explain for someone who is new to competitive CSGO?

Is that really really good game sense, or is that no walls/smokes? Because holy poo poo that was perfect.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone
Smoke bug on radar still exists, this isn't as big a deal as reddit makes it out to be.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Eh, it should be done away with since the point of smoke is to obfuscate enemy intel

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
Valve fix things?

has sound always been broken in this game? It came out in 2011 right? And it's still not fixed?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

OxySnake posted:

Is that really really good game sense, or is that no walls/smokes? Because holy poo poo that was perfect.

Yes, good game sense basically. At that level it basically becomes indistinguishable from cheating.

I don't know why people focus on the smoke kill, it was the peek and tap at the end that made me do a double take and go "uhh?"

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Up Circle posted:

Valve fix things?

has sound always been broken in this game? It came out in 2011 right? And it's still not fixed?

Sound has been broken literally since Half Life 2

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

You know I'm DMG/LE and I get crazy smoke kills all the time. I just feel someone is there, shoot, and they are dead. Shooting a mag of bullets is cheap considering you can potentially headshot/kill someone. That's all there is to it.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I two-tapped a guy through triple on Mirage yesterday. And I'm bad. Pros shooting through smokes, boxes and poo poo like that doesn't make me bat an eye. The only thing that ever looks slightly fishy to me is snapping onto heads through walls. Even then there are only a few clips of that happening, well within the margin of error.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Up Circle posted:

Valve fix things?

sound is loving garbage in this game especially in the vertical axis. de_mist was like a paranormal activity set's soundscape.

I'm baffled they didn't realize this while remaking nuke

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
also im positive the old footsteps were way clearer when it came to positioning even though i doubt they messed with any code that controls level mixing and channel panning.

also i've been wondering for a very long time how would it be possible to do vertical sound positioning in a lateral oriented output like speakers/headphones...

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
in cssource it was obvious when something was above or below you or was that all just a long fever dream

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

ArfJason posted:

sound is loving garbage in this game especially in the vertical axis. de_mist was like a paranormal activity set's soundscape.

I'm baffled they didn't realize this while remaking nuke

vertical sound alone makes me still hate nuke, especially since it has catwalks everywhere on the map. it's extremely annoying when trying to do these dumb missions since every casual op pool server is 24/7 nuke

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Up Circle posted:

in cssource it was obvious when something was above or below you or was that all just a long fever dream

Honestly I don't remember being confused by sound in Source at all. I get mindfucked by sound in CS:GO a couple of times a match tbh

ZionestLord
Jan 9, 2010

Literally nothing in the clip looks anything at all like cheating.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Thread icon should be the mlg one at this point

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

Yeah, that clip is fine compared to his other ones.

Semphis came out with a very interesting video today about pros cheating. I think the comparisons he makes to the olympics and cycling are pretty apt, though it's obvious that Semphis is not an authority on how cheats work:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nCv7PFL8Gw

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

ZionestLord posted:

Literally nothing in the clip looks anything at all like cheating.

there are only so many places you can stand in this game, aint hard

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Also, are we gonna place any bets on who friberg is talking about in this clip?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03_BfA7bD6A&t=427s

Most people think he's either talking about Schneider, Flusha, or is making a very poor joke while on camera. Honestly no one in the video seems to be treating it like a joke, so unless he's trolling us super hard I think he's being serious. Considering how he phrased it, I think he's talking about Schenider, who is on GODSENT.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
znajder(lol) cheated in 1.6

also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uar98LrBBbU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I'm glad people are talking about pros cheating. We shouldn't need a huge scandal where a pro player gets busted, ousts of a bunch of other pros, no one can find proof for everyone mentioned and it fades into obscurity. The threat of cheating on the pro level is unbelievably high. There is a shitload of money to be made in CS. There are almost certainly cheats that some pros use in online events only and I'm sure you could probably bribe someone (like Photex) to smuggle a USB somewhere it shouldn't be.

I'm actually curious to see what Photex thinks of that. Certainly not specifics of anti-cheating protocol(I'm assuming you're not supposed to talk about that in detail) just broad strokes.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Jeza posted:

Honestly I don't remember being confused by sound in Source at all. I get mindfucked by sound in CS:GO a couple of times a match tbh

yea the adjustment for me was awful. it took me a good year to figure out how to not be completely lost on nuke

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

e: Scratch that. gently caress my ISP.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

fennesz posted:

I'm glad people are talking about pros cheating. We shouldn't need a huge scandal where a pro player gets busted, ousts of a bunch of other pros, no one can find proof for everyone mentioned and it fades into obscurity. The threat of cheating on the pro level is unbelievably high. There is a shitload of money to be made in CS. There are almost certainly cheats that some pros use in online events only and I'm sure you could probably bribe someone (like Photex) to smuggle a USB somewhere it shouldn't be.

I'm actually curious to see what Photex thinks of that. Certainly not specifics of anti-cheating protocol(I'm assuming you're not supposed to talk about that in detail) just broad strokes.

So I can't talk about what Valve does in the backend because I honestly just don't know, but I will tell you valve was there and he was actively working.

As far as being able to bribe someone...sure I mean someone got IBP to throw a game and ruin their career so it's not out of the realm of possibility that you could get someone to do that.

Does eSports needs to go as far to have factory sealed peripherals for every event? Sure why the gently caress not, $800-1000 per team is cheap if it stops this discussion, I think it's a dumb thing to argue about.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Photex posted:

So I can't talk about what Valve does in the backend because I honestly just don't know, but I will tell you valve was there and he was actively working.

As far as being able to bribe someone...sure I mean someone got IBP to throw a game and ruin their career so it's not out of the realm of possibility that you could get someone to do that.

Does eSports needs to go as far to have factory sealed peripherals for every event? Sure why the gently caress not, $800-1000 per team is cheap if it stops this discussion, I think it's a dumb thing to argue about.

what if there is an inside man at the headphone factory? csgo pros will stop at nothing to cheat offline.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Up Circle posted:

what if there is an inside man at the headphone factory? csgo pros will stop at nothing to cheat offline.

i'm sorry I can't hear you over all the money LG paypal'd me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Can we talk about how garbage this NA shuffle has become? I know it's still going on, but good lord.

C9 forfeiting their CEVO lan chances against Splyce since they can't field a stable roster at all. Simple not able to play with liquid for a whole month cause of possible visa issues.