Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

tentative8e8op posted:

I dont understand what you're saying, please walk me through it. You were Jimson's fourth vote, but you were hoping no one else would vote for him at all, or what?

You are not voicing your thoughts on anyone who voted Jimson after you, and you're putting your vote on no one now that everyone's leaving him. Did you join a group, voting someone you didnt want to see lynched, simply to vote?

It was because it was a joke vote in the first place. I have no real reason to think Jimson is scum right now, but watching him hit 5 votes was pretty funny.

Now that we have actual options, I'm keeping them open. After my last mafia game I'm wary of early lynches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Honestly I am feeling Ssv and birdstrike right now. That synergy came out of no where when previously they've had no interactions. Kinda weird that they start referencing each other the moment SSV has votes.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jimson posted:

Honestly I am feeling Ssv and birdstrike right now. That synergy came out of no where when previously they've had no interactions. Kinda weird that they start referencing each other the moment SSV has votes.

Maybe, but tpink is worse

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Hal Incandenza posted:

True but I like the idea of leaving an obvious scum alive on the off chance he thinks we forgot about him.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Jimson posted:

True but I like the idea of leaving an obvious scum alive on the off chance he thinks we forgot about him.

Tell me more about how you got me pegged as obvious scum on D1. :hurr:

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

tpink posted:

Tell me more about how you got me pegged as obvious scum on D1. :hurr:

Tell me more about how, as a British man you have no sense of humor? :hurr:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 56 minutes!

Kasumeat posted:

This is the scummiest post of the game so far for me. Jimson's scumclaim early in day 1 has about as much real meaning as a townclaim (absolutely none). This reads like an attempt to turn it into a Thing.

It's just a day 1 read, but hey, gotta vote someone.
##vote SSV

I'm not defending SSV here, I just don't like anything whatsoever about this post or the way you're posting in general D1
D1 is always a gutfeel day for me, but this seems like over-analysing nonsense.

##vote Kasumeat

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004
Probation
3 hours to deadline.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Infinitum posted:

I'm not defending SSV here, I just don't like anything whatsoever about this post or the way you're posting in general D1

##vote Kasumeat

I have a strong gut feel about SSV if you trust me on this we might have a clean run if he flips scum. Because invariably the next domino id wanna tip would be birb

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004
Probation
I'll give you a gut feel

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED

Birdstrike posted:

##vote Kasumeat you seem awfully sure about what is and what isn't a jokevote

You're implying that Jimson's scumclaim is ever serious? Even if it's true, it's still a joke.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

That said, Jimson's zealousness is a bit much for this early. And Hal is buddying him hard, do they have history together or something?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Jimson posted:

This, but Jimson + Hal.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Kasumeat posted:

That said, Jimson's zealousness is a bit much for this early. And Hal is buddying him hard, do they have history together or something?

The whole tpink thing was a joke from last game where I claimed truth detector cop, and it completely back fired.

I know there is a huge like... push on my side. I don't normally do this but since I left the thread the one constant has been everyone kind of joking about me being scum. Ssv has been the only one to really go YEAH HE'S SCUM! And Birb defending that is weird.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
I'm gonna feel dumb for trusting Jimson if I accidentally kill SSV as town again, but what the hell, live fast, die scum(leave a beautiful corpse).

##vote: SSV

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Infinitum posted:

##vote Kasumeat

And finally we have this. Rejecting analysis in the name of gutfeels is scum 101.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004
Probation
Well aren't you just the sweetest Monty Python SPAM parody sketch, what with all that 'scum this' and 'scum that'

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004
Probation
Scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum SCUMMITY SCUM

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

tpink posted:

This, but Jimson + Hal.

Yeah, basically. Though it's possible that Jimson/Hal and SSV/Birdstrike are mason pairs as well as scum pairs, no? Since we didn't have an Innocent Child there are definitely masons in this game.

Still on SSV, but I'm thinking.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004
Probation

Kasumeat posted:

SSV/Birdstrike are mason pairs as well as scum pairs, no?

Why are you saying SSV+Birdstrike?

I've already said I'm in the same band as Birdstrike, wouldn't the more obvious pairing be the both of us?

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Infinitum posted:

I've already said I'm in the same band as Birdstrike, wouldn't the more obvious pairing be the both of us?

I was responding to Tpink's post which was responding to Jimson's post which directly mentioned an SSV/Birdstrike pair.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

I say we slowdown some. Roll ssv and then see were that goes. If there are any connections there.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Is that a mason claim or a flavour claim?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004
Probation
What do you think it is? :nyoron:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004
Probation
Made you look scumbo

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

A flavour claim.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Infinitum posted:

What do you think it is? :nyoron:

I don't think it matters what you guys are. Because theyre scum either way. A mason team with scum and town is a common set up.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Absurd Revolver posted:

I'm gonna feel dumb for trusting Jimson if I accidentally kill SSV as town again, but what the hell, live fast, die scum(leave a beautiful corpse).

##vote: SSV

This vote feels artificial. If SSV does make it for lynch and flips scum, this seems like bussing.

I don't know how I feel about SSV at this point. I think it's true they've been serious about Jimson's joke-claim and that's enough to warrant a vote because it feels pretty scummy, but there are other posters out there whose votes seem less than legitimate and other's not voting as well.

For now my vote rests on SSV, but my gut feels ways about Absurd Revolver and Tpink atm.

##vote SSV

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

##unvote SSV

The complete certainty that Jimson is posting with on day 1 is just bizarre. The insta-buddying between him and Hal is just bizarre. The fact that he claimed

Jimson posted:

I know there is a huge like... push on my side. I don't normally do this but
(emphasis mine) when that seems to be an outright lie is just bizarre.

The fact that according to the wiki, C9++ masons are guaranteed town and Jimson claims otherwise would also be extremely damning. I'm new and not certain about the rules though, Allen can you confirm whether there could potentially be modifications to the C9++ rules on the wiki in this game that you didn't mention in the OP?

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I still don't hate an SSV vote, but I'm leaning more towards Jimson now and the two being paired is preeeetty unlikely.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

I still don't see what Hal buddying you guys are talking about

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

I don't really like jimsons case

Hal Incandenza posted:

##vote tpink excellent "trap sprung" by jimson there

Hal Incandenza posted:

These are Hal's last 4 posts.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Jimson posted:

I still don't see what Hal buddying you guys are talking about

Yeah, what Kasumeat posted -- I thought it was pretty clear too.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Kasumeat posted:

These are Hal's last 4 posts.

The same argument can be made for me and you to ;)

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Jimson posted:

The same argument can be made for me and you to ;)

I just cased you rofl

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

##vote jimson

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

tpink posted:

Yeah, what Kasumeat posted -- I thought it was pretty clear too.

Ill reiterate

Jimson posted:

The whole tpink thing was a joke from last game where I claimed truth detector cop, and it completely back fired.

I think Hal was in that game to.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Kasumeat posted:

##vote jimson

So. Let me just put this out in the air here.

Why is it that you, the first person to give us a pretty good scumread for day 1 are all of a sudden turning around and going against your own read in ssv?

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

My read on you is stronger now. Your posts strike me as flat-out dishonest, whereas SSV could simply be paranoid and/or dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004
Probation
I like how Kasumeat stops mentioning the word Scum once I call him out on it.

• Locked thread