Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Unpaid temps editing the New Day??

This is an unprecedented turn of events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

I thought his eye fixed itself?? Shawn this is what happens when you do anything in wrestling again.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Ah ha. Now we know who the "higher ups" who want to break them up are. John Cena up to his burying ways again, mad his merch is being outsold. This is just like when he stole JTG's sunglasses!

The New Day will be broken up shortly and John Cena will return with an inflatable bicep attached to his head.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Tato posted:

Ah ha. Now we know who the "higher ups" who want to break them up are. John Cena up to his burying ways again, mad his merch is being outsold. This is just like when he stole JTG's sunglasses!

The New Day will be broken up shortly and John Cena will return with an inflatable bicep attached to his head.

John Cena, by all accounts, love Big E because they both power lift at the same gym. He was responsible for getting E to do the run in to save him and Punk a couple years ago.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Sigma posted:

John Cena, by all accounts, love Big E because they both power lift at the same gym. He was responsible for getting E to do the run in to save him and Punk a couple years ago.

Here's a question. How do you have a single specific gym if you're on the road constantly? Unless you're talking about a chain gym.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Go RV! posted:

Here's a question. How do you have a single specific gym if you're on the road constantly? Unless you're talking about a chain gym.

The gym is Hard Nocks South, which is run by John Cena's best friend and personal trainer (he was actually billed like that on Total Divas):

http://hardnockssouth.com/

Cena and a lot of Tampa local wrestlers work out there on their home days.

E had most of the major gym records:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xeDTtGgUyOY

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Sigma posted:

The gym is Hard Nocks South, which is run by John Cena's best friend and personal trainer (he was actually billed like that on Total Divas):

http://hardnockssouth.com/

Cena and a lot of Tampa local wrestlers work out there on their home days.

E had most of the major gym records:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xeDTtGgUyOY

Based on various stories and Ryan Nemeth's recent book it seems like it's effectively the unofficial official WWE gym for dudes who live in Tampa and not Orlando and don't want to drive 2 hours to the PC every day.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Cena politicked for Big E to have this moment in late 2013 when he was 100% not ready for being that close to the top of the card:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coJG_PPwmmY

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://twitter.com/_Dinielle/status/722121790487732224
https://twitter.com/WWEBigE/status/722128875506020352

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

New Day has transcended from being one of the best things in the company now to being one of the best things in company history.

Someone on reddit went to one of the WWE workout camps and New Day were the hosts. They said that they have been asked to break up multiple times to do the three way program and the response every time has been "Break us up and we quit."

Also they were asked about their face/heel alignment and Xavier said "I don't know what any of those words mean."

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

We might live in a world where a New Day triple threat happens but a Shield triple threat never does. Truly the darkest timeline.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

We might live in a world where a New Day triple threat happens but a Shield triple threat never does. Truly the darkest timeline.

They were in a fatal four way with Orton at Payback last year though.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Best things in company history my fuckin arse

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

ICHIBAHN posted:

Best things in company history my fuckin arse

One of the best things in company history.

That could be an indefinite number of things from WWE's history depending on your preference and if new day keep going the way they are going they most certainly deserve that title.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I've enjoyed New Day more than most to all things the WWE has ever done.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the new day is a pretty good act

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Critical posted:

New Day has transcended from being one of the best things in the company now to being one of the best things in company history.

Someone on reddit went to one of the WWE workout camps and New Day were the hosts. They said that they have been asked to break up multiple times to do the three way program and the response every time has been "Break us up and we quit."

Also they were asked about their face/heel alignment and Xavier said "I don't know what any of those words mean."

New Day Rocks

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world

Super No Vacancy posted:

the new day is a pretty good act

i think you'll find it's either the worst or best thing in company history thanks

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

lol total bellas

So for real they're just gonna cancel Total Divas when its current episode order is up and move everyone over to Total Bellas, right?

e: whoa, this isn't the GDT.

Delsaber fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Apr 19, 2016

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/SexyChuckieT/status/722213901362937857

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Delsaber posted:

lol total bellas

So for real they're just gonna cancel Total Divas when its current episode order is up and move everyone over to Total Bellas, right?

I think they did Total Bellas because the Bellas aren't touring anymore, Bryan's retired, and Cena is home often enough to have it make sense. Divas will probably continue being them on tour.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
They also might be trying to shift away from the "Divas" branding like they are with the womens division?

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
https://twitter.com/XavierWoodsPhD/status/722247060662194177

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
i heard they were just hiring Renee young, Maryse, and Lana for Total Divas so they could run 2 shows now.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Teddybear posted:

I think they did Total Bellas because the Bellas aren't touring anymore, Bryan's retired, and Cena is home often enough to have it make sense. Divas will probably continue being them on tour.

Pretty much. My friend's wife could not be paid enough to watch WWE but goddamn if she doesn't interrogate me about the Bella's every time I see her because of Total Divas.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

Pretty much. My friend's wife could not be paid enough to watch WWE but goddamn if she doesn't interrogate me about the Bella's every time I see her because of Total Divas.

Must be a short conversation these days.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

sportsgenius86 posted:

I was kind of embarrassed when my lady friend came with me to my friends house and wrestling was on, but as soon as the Bellas showed up I heard all about her obsession with Total Divas. Before that, I never really knew that Total Divas had an audience outside wrestling fans.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Die Laughing posted:

I was kind of embarrassed when my lady friend came with me to my friends house and wrestling was on, but as soon as the Bellas showed up I heard all about her obsession with Total Divas. Before that, I never really knew that Total Divas had an audience outside wrestling fans.

Had a coworker who did not give a single gently caress about wrestling and had zero idea of anything going on regarding wrestling, but was a massive Total Divas fan. It's a weird thing.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

sleepwalkers posted:

Had a coworker who did not give a single gently caress about wrestling and had zero idea of anything going on regarding wrestling, but was a massive Total Divas fan. It's a weird thing.

Isn't a big chunk of Total Diva's content about preparing to wrestle, wrestling and working as a wrestler? It seems really weird to me that people would be that into the show and that disinterested in the show that drives the show.

Then again, I guess people didn't start going to child beauty pageants after Honey Boo Boo was a thing.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Sanguinia posted:

Isn't a big chunk of Total Diva's content about preparing to wrestle, wrestling and working as a wrestler? It seems really weird to me that people would be that into the show and that disinterested in the show that drives the show.

Then again, I guess people didn't start going to child beauty pageants after Honey Boo Boo was a thing.

The actual "wrestling" segments on Total Divas normally go for no more than a couple minutes. They're mostly only used to have someone win/lose (which is often tied in with the character's status or storyline on TD), show off an injury happening or to show how much the crowd loves divas.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Die Laughing posted:

My teaching partner loves Total Divas. She's in her mid-20s and watches it with her husband. Neither of them have an interest in wrestling, but both really like the show.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

A Real Horse posted:

My teaching partner loves Total Divas. She's in her mid-20s and watches it with her husband. Neither of them have an interest in wrestling, but both really like the show.

Its a great show and both my partner and I cant wait for Total Bellas.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sanguinia posted:

My mom has absolutely no interest in wrestling but she used to watch Tough Enough the first few seasons. Some people just find it easy to get into reality shows regardless of what they're about

I personally think Total Divas is a lot of fun to watch although I just watch it through YouTube clips that are specifically involving the main 4 people

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If Renee's on Total Divas I might actually watch it just to see if Ambrose shows up to make fun of it the whole time.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Dean Ambrose showing up to Bryansparty and being the most uncomfortable man alive whenever the camera is pointed in his direction.

The secret of total divas is that it's not actually about wrestling, and when it is its in the most depressing way possible. It's a show about a bunch of happy go lucky young women and their partners who progressively across the course the show get injured and have to cope with the unrelenting hardships of wrestling as one by one they retire. Also top heel Dolph Ziggler.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

https://twitter.com/TheDamienSandow/status/722118676607037440

:rip:

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

lol

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

:laffo: my bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Did you edit out all the replies? You have to click the button for the posts AND replies.