Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should be president
Ron Paul
Goku
View Results

• Locked thread
Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Ah yes, the one day out of the year when people pay taxes. Who actually waits for the deadline? I just file my return when I get my W-2, and associate "tax season" with getting cashback. Are libertarians so incompetent with finance and payroll forms that they end up owing every tax day?

Stinky_Pete fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Apr 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The raw, unedited version of that photo shows the pharmacy cashier telling him that since he took them off the shelf and handled them, he has to buy them, and he takes out his wallet and a dead fly falls out of it.

THANKS OBAMA

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Also I'm the lady eating an apple provocatively in the background :wink:

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Stinky_Pete posted:

Ah yes, the one day out of the year when people pay taxes. Who actually waits for the deadline? I just file my return when I get my W-2, and associate "tax season" with getting cashback. Are libertarians so incompetent with finance and payroll forms that they end up owing every tax day?

if you get money back it means you gave the government an interest free loan

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

If Tax day consists of fisting Crowder, I'll pay early

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Stinky_Pete posted:

It is not really a great idea to get a refund of any appreciable size unless you're not really good at managing money and need the gob'ment to hang onto some of it for you every year.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Is there one of those image macros about how Apple removed all the confederate things from their store because of the flag's association w/ slavery, but in an ironic twist of fate the Apple corporation uses slave labor to assemble their products and no one seems to care because what happens to Chinese ppl doesn't effect them?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

well if i kept the money it would get spent on like, chinese food and trinkets. uncle sam can hold on to it for <12 months.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
"loving welfare queens living off of my tax dollars."

*lives on social security*

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

White trash loving hate [black] people living on welfare

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

well if i kept the money it would get spent on like, chinese food and trinkets. uncle sam can hold on to it for <12 months.

addendum: after posting this i can't stop thinking about ordering chinese food, so your argument is p much conquered

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Ork of Fiction posted:

Is there one of those image macros about how Apple removed all the confederate things from their store because of the flag's association w/ slavery, but in an ironic twist of fate the Apple corporation uses slave labor to assemble their products and no one seems to care because what happens to Chinese ppl doesn't effect them?

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

you don't need to rely on willpower like some sort of caveman in order to manage your finances, just set up an automatic savings plan

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
pay off your credit cards first though

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Professor Shark posted:

White trash loving hate [black] people living on welfare

I'm not white trash, but I would prefer to see any long-term abuser of EBT cut off and killed when they attempt a home burglary and watch CNN try to justify "their anger" as the reason why he/she/it broke in like it's a override of laws or something

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Crowder has to be a liberal troll. There's no way a conservative comedian could be that agressively un-funny and still get work.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Ivor Biggun posted:

There's no way a conservative comedian could be that agressively un-funny

what universe do you live in

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Ivor Biggun posted:

Crowder has to be a liberal troll. There's no way a conservative comedian could be that agressively un-funny and still get work.

Conservatives are mostly old people and dumb predictable jokes are funny to them, esp. jokes about butts (and uninvited things going into them)

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Skeleton Ape posted:

Conservatives are mostly old people and dumb predictable jokes are funny to them, esp. jokes about butts (and uninvited things going into them)

All PIB sex is rape

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
conservatives are really into memes this cycle

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Conservatives can't tell the difference between national and religious identity, or the meaning of the word refugee, no one is surprised

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

African Americans were the lucky ones. :smug:

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Lol this is so inaccurate! Everyone knows that Nike owns child slaves in China, that African kid is probably working on some Nesquick plantation.

God bless the free market! :911:

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Jim Bob

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Internaut! posted:

conservatives are really into memes this cycle

Unironically agree with this one (that Huffpo is pandering garbage). Hypocrisy deserves to get called out regardless of political affiliation, IMO.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
anyone got any good duck dynasty ones

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Stinky_Pete posted:

All taxation is theft.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

money is government property

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

mdm posted:

Jim Bob

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

*argues that eric garner was a thug who deserved to die for refusing to submit to a search when accused of selling untaxed cigarettes, while at the same time sharing a freeman-on-the-land type video in support some white guy digging a giant trench on his property trying to keep the inspector off.
(my super republican brother literally did this)

"$15 an hour? Meet your replacement :smug:" (picture of an ordering kiosk at mcdonalds)
*himself works at a low to moderate skill job ripe for automation and outsourcing*

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Apr 19, 2016

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
This youtube video was BANNED from ever appearing on TV.
Please like to spread the truth about Obama's MUSLIM hairdresser.

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/mattwalshblog/status/722263160317734912

https://twitter.com/mattwalshblog/status/722273971262070784

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I just thought it would have been interesting to see Bernie elected just to watch the resurgence of antisemitism that everyone forgot about while the country was hating black people.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Today on my way to work I saw a homeless person begging for money. I bought a loaf of bread and gave it to him. Instead of thanking me he asked if the bread was gluten-free. I punched him straight into his gluten-intolerant gob and handed the loaf to a homeless veteran.
GET YOUR PRIORITIES STRAIGHT, PEOPLE.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Dreddout posted:

Lol this is so inaccurate! Everyone knows that Nike owns child slaves in China, that African kid is probably working on some Nesquick plantation.

God bless the free market! :911:

The dumbest thing about that cartoon is

1) the drawing is basically is proving the whole opposition's argument: you're building a factory where people are starving to exploit the fact that they will do anything and will put up with anything for literal peanuts.
I don't think there'd be much complaining if worker's where those factories were built had benefited greatly and lead decent lives, but they are working 90 hours weeks with child workers and no fire exits. But it's better than starving! :smug:

2) Nike had no reason to be that absurdly stingy with paying people like poo poo in sweatshop conditions. The markup on their sneakers is literally 1,000% to as much as 2,300%. So lol at people who say "the low production costs are benefitting the customers". I could understand why Payless Shoes would have to stoop to such hosed money-saving tactics but the Nike-level markups are at like Carolina Herrera levels. And don't give me that spiel about having to factor in the costs of paying the athletes for endorsements. Those Patrick Ewing sneakers were like $20.

Nike could easily make a factory in some cheap part of the US but then the markup on sneakers would only be 800%-2,100%. :qq:

Otisburg posted:

"$15 an hour? Meet your replacement :smug:" (picture of an ordering kiosk at mcdonalds)

I have a friend that keeps posting this image despite me consistently responding that "it's a robot. If the workers were making 2 dollars an hour they would still be doing this" to which he replies "maybe but they wouldn't be doing it as quickly".

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I thought this thread was about conservatives like myself owning liberals, what the gently caress is this bitch baby whinging poo poo?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

*gets beat up by another dad also enforcing bathroom segregation in the ladies' room*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
lol this century's flat earth theory

• Locked thread