Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Anything of note happen since 10Q for mush-mouth?

Edit: Repeat Catte.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Apr 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

SomethingJones posted:

10 for the Chairman: Episode 83
Apr 18, 2016 @ 14:14

you make CLAIM after CLAIM after CLAIM after CLAIM after CLAIM

CLAIM CLAIM CLAIM CLAIM CLAIM CLAIM CLAIM CLAIM

WAY WAY WAY WAY BETTER... aahh... WAY

LMBO

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Some folks didn't sign NDAs when they left. The reason they aren't talking is because they want another job. Doesn't stop the internal discussions.

There's also the aspect that there's nothing to talk about. That sounds ridiculous on the face of it, but think about it. Everyone in the industry (everyone) knows what's going on at CIG. In those circles, people talk about it all the time. War stories are traded back and forth all day. What people are really expecting to see, for some reason, is gaming media talking about it. But what, exactly, is the incentive for those who have escaped to go trolling around to various media outlets to try and get the story out? Which ones can you trust? Will they do it anonymously? Will the anonymity be respected, or will they be outed, threatening their current employment? If it does stay anonymous, why do they think it will make any more impact than the wet fart the Escapist article made? Even if they want to "do the right thing", the media has dropped the ball on this story for years. It's completely lop-sided - all the risk is taken on by the ex-employee, with zero reward, and zero guarantee that it will bring anything to light. Not to mention the threat the cultist backers represent - how will they handle someone willing to go on the record about this? Sometimes silence tells a story more loudly than noise.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

A Neurotic Jew posted:

yessss this is the second web-site to do this in two days. Its passive journalism but at least its some kind of consumer filter.

PC Invasion Blog
Rock Paper Shotgun

Does this mean that they are the only gaming sites to run the free fly extension press release? There was definitely a release because there's an article in the Irish Examiner as well. In fact that's the only other place I can see in google news that mentions the free fly.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
And lets not forget that Ben Lesnick is going to vote Trump.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Lonkface posted:

Well, I noticed Chris' hair colour changing between episodes. Guess they shoot them in bigger bunch and do the weekly releases, which makes sense. Just something I noticed because sometimes he has grey spots and then they vanish. Crobbler should accept he's old and going grey is okay!

This is what a shill post looks like btw

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

Let's see what r/games has to say and how many shitizens will show up. The downvoting has already started:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/4ff0dl/starcitizen_ceo_announces_not_all_stretch_goals/

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Kavak posted:

Possibly, TSR was in all kinds of poo poo shape in the mid-late '90's. Wizards of the Coast wanted to really tone down some of the more out-there aspects of D&D in 3rd Edition, so they focused on Greyhawk (Didn't last long), Forgotten Realms, and later Eberron. Dark Sun got a revival in 4th Edition, and 5th Edition barely exists but is supposed to be using Forgotten Realms as its core setting, but still no sign of Planescape outside mentions of Sigil in various descriptions of the Planes.

The neglect of Dragonlance is a goddamn crime and the Dragonlance goldbox trilogy stole countless dozens of hours of my life as a kid. I never did get around to beating Dark Queen of Krynn though. loving enchanted draconian fights just got too soul-crushing later on. :rolldice:

Forgotten Realms is cool, and I'd be totally down for Beamdog to do a Ruins of Myth Drannor-focused mini expansion for Baldur's Gate, but Dragonlance really should've gotten an Infinity Engine game.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Lime Tonics posted:

Ha

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/04/18/star-citizen-free-fly-week/

We last sent Alec into Star Citizen in December after the release of alpha 2.0, when he concluded it was promising but: “Don’t buy it yet, though. Not unless you want to see the sausage getting made.” Well, now you have another opportunity to rummage in that spaceoffal yourself for free.

Be sure to read the comments.

And from the Sugababes track that's embedded, listen from 1:00 and 2:03. Very sneaky

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Peroxide Cowboy posted:

I like the part where Ben says his real life friends "abandoned" him because they moved on with their lives and were not content to sit in basements filled with animal pillows and framed pictures of local newswomen.

Not sure what was going through my head, but this reminded me of Brian gently caress-off-and-leave-Dune-alone Herbert's own little bit of Stimpire:

http://dune.wikia.com/wiki/Chairdogs

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Might get another transcript in tonight, honestly doing that one left me feeling empty inside

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Kakarot posted:

I too, will shill for you CIG! Hire me ASAP!

Here is a sample of my portfolio:

"I'm thoroughly impressed with what they've built so far and based on the future rollout, the size and skill of the team and ample funding. I believe we'll get what we are asking for."

"They're having a military tax day sale and the Super Hornet went back on sale. I'd grab it while you can. The Sabre is also an awesome ship for dogfighting. Those two are the tops."

"Re: VR - It's going to be an entirely seated experience using the visor but not the motion controls. The rotation of your head (and I'm guessing some translation) will be physicalised. Your body's movement will be controlled as normal using M/kbd but head movement will be decoupled from the mouselook."

"You dont understand game development!"

Yup. CALLED IT!!

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/722157452632973313

Lonkface
Jan 22, 2016

All that glitters is not gold.

Google Butt posted:

This is what a shill post looks like btw

I'm a shill? :(

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

SomethingJones posted:

I wonder if they've patched that thing to handle itself when it goes into the red.

Surprisingly, I did see the funding tracker decrease recently -- it looks like the recent Completionist was either a troll purchase or asked for a refund. So the funding tracker went down by about $15K. Unfortunately I didn't capture the hourly/daily summaries to see what happened with those.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

The neglect of Dragonlance is a goddamn crime and the Dragonlance goldbox trilogy stole countless dozens of hours of my life as a kid. I never did get around to beating Dark Queen of Krynn though. loving enchanted draconian fights just got too soul-crushing later on. :rolldice:

Forgotten Realms is cool, and I'd be totally down for Beamdog to do a Ruins of Myth Drannor-focused mini expansion for Baldur's Gate, but Dragonlance really should've gotten an Infinity Engine game.

I'm hoping they do a followup to Dragonspear for BG II like they seem to be implying at the end of it.

Trent Oster said that if they looked at more Infinity and Beyond Engine (My term) games, Dragonlance and Dark Sun would be up there...

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

KM Scorchio posted:

What are your feelings about Dark Elves? This is important.

Annoying and overrated. I still get annoyed every time I wander into that one map where D'rizzt is hanging out. I really like the bit with the illithid, after you get ship-wrecked, but the whole drow section just goes on and on and on

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Evil Fluffy posted:

I thought I was the only living Dragonlance fan left alive. The Gold Box series was my drug as well. I still fondly remember the high-quality raised-ink Phlan newspaper that came in the box. If you read it carefully, it was filled with hints about places you could go and things you could do in the game world. I had a huge Dragonlance map on my wall throughout college. I wish I knew where it went.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Danknificent posted:

Ben's triple down highlights one more reason he might not be the best fit for his job.

There are fundamental truths of the internet that most rational people understand - truths like it's never constructive to tell people to calm down on internet forums.

The truth he's missing here is that since the dawn of time, walls of text have never made any situation better.

Quick apologies can be good. Ignoring things can work. Long, rambling excuses never do.

How can he manage anyone else's image if he can't manage his own? How can you do an intricate job when you can't handle the basics? It's like putting a student driver in an F1 car.

But I'm beating a dead horse; no one's ever accused Ben of being qualified -- yet it continues to get under my skin that this man who's lived exclusively on the internet for almost as long as I've been alive doesn't understand the most basic things about it.

And when prominent CIG personalities parade this kind of incompetence, it only makes Derek Smart's dark powers stronger. This is why we call it an implosion, I guess. Sometimes I forget how much of this is self-inflicted.

drat near all of it, I'd say.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

Lonkface posted:

my condolences

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

FrankieGoes posted:

But what about Planescape: Torment?

A masterpiece with, unfortunately, less of a robust modding community. WeiDU made modding BG piss easy (even I could do it).

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Evil Fluffy posted:

The worst was at the end when all your magic gets taken away and you have to stay half the map away so the enchanted draconians don't ice storm and fireball all over you when you pummel them with arrows. Even Pools of Darkness wasn't that annoying.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Risc1911 posted:

Notice his eyes and how he constantly checks off camera to his left. Maybe Ortwin lurking there wildly gesticulating when he starts to veer off into possible dangerous waters.

Or maybe he's looking at a wall clock, because he's hankering for another snort and wants the recording to be over.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Palisader posted:

Annoying and overrated. I still get annoyed every time I wander into that one map where D'rizzt is hanging out. I really like the bit with the illithid, after you get ship-wrecked, but the whole drow section just goes on and on and on

You can get him killed in BG II and make it permanent with mods :unsmigghh:

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Lonkface posted:

Moooorrnin' shill :wave:

Please put in a good word for me

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Risc1911 posted:

Let's see what r/games has to say and how many shitizens will show up. The downvoting has already started:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/4ff0dl/starcitizen_ceo_announces_not_all_stretch_goals/

Is this for real? Oh god, when will I be able to catch up to this! :fap:

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

Lonkface posted:

I can sympathize with Ben's problems. I know what it's like getting "lost" early on in life. It's not the easiest thing to pick up from especially if you end up turning into a hermit. It's even tougher to look into the mirror and accept the fact that you're the one to be blamed for that and only you can do something about it.

I'm sure being employed by CRobberts sounds like a dream job to him but he should really distance himself from all the old obsessions if he wants to go into better direction.

I can sympathize too, understanding how growing up though permanent hopelessness forces you to do whatever you can to escape reality (hello 16 hours of wow a day). hosed up place to be and not everyone survives to find another way to live.

That said, just loving apologize straight and acknowledge that the content might genuinely upset somebody, and that's not okay regardless of the circumstances. It's okay to have grown through it and lived it and truly needed that group to survive but ffs can he really not see how it might offend a random person who knows nothing about any of this? gently caress you Ben if you can't accept anything in your past being 'not okay' just because you lived it.

Lonkface
Jan 22, 2016

All that glitters is not gold.

Evil Fluffy posted:

You had to remind me of Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor. That was a game that removed system files when you uninstalled it.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

xiansi posted:

Motherfucker. This is great.

Went and listened to The Wall again just to remind myself how brilliant it (alright, some of it) was.

Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
Where have you been? It's alright we know where you've been.
You've been in the pipeline, filling in time,
provided with toys and scouting for boys.

Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
What did you dream? It's alright we told you what to dream.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Been gone for the last few hours, has Lando exploded yet?

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
Why am I a shill? Because I want this game to be made? Because I believe in Chris Roberts? How sad all your lives must be if you get joy from ruining other peoples dreams.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Lonkface posted:

You had to remind me of Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor. That was a game that removed system files when you uninstalled it.

I bought that as my first D&D video game :smithicide:

pantX0r
Jan 7, 2004
hey, back again!
This:

Plus this:

Equals this:

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Nicholas posted:

Why am I a shill? Because I want this game to be made? Because I believe in Chris Roberts? How sad all your lives must be if you get joy from ruining other peoples dreams.

No one needs to do anything to ruin Star Citizen, Crobbler and the people he surrounds himself with are doing great on their own.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Please someone tell me, is Squadron 42 safe? :ohdear:

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Nicholas posted:

:same:

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

MeLKoR posted:

What do I need to do to get some notes taken?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Nicholas posted:

you are not a shill, where as lonkface is the second most obvious shill.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

MeLKoR posted:

It will be GOTY 1994

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Meridian posted:

What do I need to do to get some notes taken?

Originality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

MeLKoR posted:

Originality.

Scrotes? ...drat.

• Locked thread