Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

Tired Moritz posted:

if i get higher elo, will i stop seeing supports that wont buy sightstone

Yes, right up until you get Methanar as support

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

That posts not real

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
So right now the only Jungle champ I play is Voli.

Mostly because I suck at farming the jungle worse then any man sucks at anything ever. Including my CS which has recently also sucked.

What are other jungle champs I can add to my roster atm that are fun and different to "get some gold then run at people" cause there is only so much "Hey face tank poo poo" I can deal with.

Edit: Not saying I HATE the idea of being a jungle tank. Just for as long as I can remember playing jungle my 2 go-to-guys have been Skarner and Voli. And they changed Skarner :(

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Apr 19, 2016

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I finally figured out the solution to the removal of solo queue and people asking for them to include it in again. They just need to keep Dynamic Queue and add Ranked Magma Chamber.

A man can dream.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Gridlocked posted:

Mostly because I suck at farming the jungle worse then any man sucks at anything ever. Including my CS which has recently also sucked.

What are other jungle champs I can add to my roster atm that are fun and different to "get some gold then run at people" cause there is only so much "Hey face tank poo poo" I can deal with.

Edit: Not saying I HATE the idea of being a jungle tank. Just for as long as I can remember playing jungle my 2 go-to-guys have been Skarner and Voli. And they changed Skarner :(

Depends what you want to do really. Jungle is probably the most versatile role in the game

Shyv and yi are good if you want to just power farm and destroy everything at 30 minutes.

Elise, fizz and lee are good if you want blow people up and live to tell the tale / make YouTube videos (less so Elise in that case).

Khazix or rengar if you want to make adcs miserable.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

Class: Marksman Subclass: Marksman

This deserves a repost.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Gridlocked posted:

Join me in the Yi Zone, my friend

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
real talk Mister Yo is the best champion in the game

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Gridlocked posted:

Lee Sin is my friend and he should also be you're friend, he is good and cool, it's fun to ride the Q in, and also you get to kick a guy clear through another guy

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sexpansion posted:

This deserves a repost.

The whole class/subclass post is mind-blowing.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
did you know that league of legends heroes are capable of being different? neither did we! so we handcrafted new concepts for them with our unpaid intern team. this way we could classify them and forget about it next year when we start drafting changes for season 7 after it starts.

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

did anyone post the taric spotlight?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y91qo99osLI

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
breaking news: phreak just butted into our discussion and we realized we don't have a dedicated jungler class, so we'll be implementing that mid season 7. only those in the jungler class can take smite or get exp and gold from jungle camps.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
why did they change support into "controllers"

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
no see classes are totally not related to roles

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

why did they change support into "controllers"

Controller is a MMO term which tends to refer to character who specialize in CC or buffing/debuffing so I guess they're doing that to differ between utility supports and combat supports or something. Who knows with Riot.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

ImpAtom posted:

Controller is a MMO term which tends to refer to character who specialize in CC or buffing/debuffing so I guess they're doing that to differ between utility supports and combat supports or something. Who knows with Riot.

Which would make sense if that were the only kind of Support that existed, but there's also healing/shielding supports, mage supports, etc. They aren't all specifically controllers, but according to this class rework, they are!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Mordekaiser is still my favorite controller.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

I've made the best decision of my life and made my new account YorickOTP. I suppose I should have played Yorick before I made this decision but things are going well. Does anyone have any experience playing him? He feels like he clears the jungle really well just kiting camps with ghouls but he has no CC at all so actually being a jungler is not something I do but it's free money later. Mana is my greatest weakness with Yorick. That, and CS. Do you just keep dropping ghouls on your enemy laner or do you use them to finish off creeps and increase your damage to push faster. Am I being too aggressive with my ghouls? I find that he runs out of mana super fast. YOOOOORICK

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
You have chosen....poorly

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
build a tear, spam ghouls, harass the enemy laner until the have to back, then don't ghoul spam until they come back. Rinse repeat until you win the lane, then cry when you still lose the game

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
http://youtu.be/Ubw5N8iVDHI

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Don't bother jungling with Yorick. His gimmick is that you make the opposing top laner have such a miserable game that they're even more irrelevant than you are. Picking Yorick is basically saying "I think my team can win 4.5 vs 4 if one member on my team got to live 10 seconds longer"

If the other top laner is bad and feeds you instead of just getting forced out over and over and losing 90% of the CS, you get to do frightening damage while slowing everyone to a crawl. But mostly you just invalidate enemy toplaner and give your ADC ten extra seconds of DPS in a teamfight.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Prokhor posted:

I've made the best decision of my life and made my new account YorickOTP. I suppose I should have played Yorick before I made this decision but things are going well. Does anyone have any experience playing him? He feels like he clears the jungle really well just kiting camps with ghouls but he has no CC at all so actually being a jungler is not something I do but it's free money later. Mana is my greatest weakness with Yorick. That, and CS. Do you just keep dropping ghouls on your enemy laner or do you use them to finish off creeps and increase your damage to push faster. Am I being too aggressive with my ghouls? I find that he runs out of mana super fast. YOOOOORICK

Top lane, you mainly just walk up to the enemy, autoattack + Q and if you get some damage, use your E.
Jungle Yorick is surprisingly good at early game but you get kinda poo poo around mid-late so I would just tank + zzrot and stick to your adc. I rarely have mana problems with tear and blue buff as a jungle, but then again, I start with talisman + a faerie charm because your e gives enough sustain that you don't need a bottle.

I usually go hunter talisman + faerie charm to blue smite+warrior and then tear then rush black cleaver, plus utility tank items. Keep the tear until you stack 750 then buy Muramana.

Or you can not play Yorick jungle, because admittedly it's not very good.

Tired Moritz fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Apr 19, 2016

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Don't bother jungling with Yorick. His gimmick is that you make the opposing top laner have such a miserable game that they're even more irrelevant than you are. Picking Yorick is basically saying "I think my team can win 4.5 vs 4 if one member on my team got to live 10 seconds longer"

If the other top laner is bad and feeds you instead of just getting forced out over and over and losing 90% of the CS, you get to do frightening damage while slowing everyone to a crawl. But mostly you just invalidate enemy toplaner and give your ADC ten extra seconds of DPS in a teamfight.

And you are almost doubling their DPS during a fight with the ghost up

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

But I thought that much like how Varus is basically Jhin, Yorick was basically Ezreal??? Don't they do the same thing?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

yorick in the jungle is almost entirely for the utility of giving a hard carry an extra time-constrained GA and/or duplicating their autos. you're basically a fraction of a jungler but one that can add that fraction on top of a teammate sometimes.

it's useful on paper but in practice you're better off having a champion with actual presence that can gank for that hard carry and benefit from getting big with them instead of being a black hole that sucks in advantages and converts them to air.

Walfry
Sep 6, 2007
Probably a dumb/noob question, but who is a good mid-lane counter to Zed?

I picked Heimer into him thinking that Heimer had a strong enough laning phase to be safe, but I still got murdered*. I know Zed is really strong and all right now, but I'm trying to think of someone and can only come up with Vlad maybe, so you can W during Zed's ult. Perhaps Galio as he is tanky enough to not be killed by the ult? The team I was playing on already had a Garen and a Naut so I was reluctant to go too tanky.

*Disclaimer: I admit I am also a bad player and got *massively* out-CS'd. I did rush Zhonyas but it was only enough to save me once and I only got it late due to bad CS-ing.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Walfry posted:

I picked Heimer into him thinking that Heimer had a strong enough laning phase to be safe, but I still got murdered*. I know Zed is really strong and all right now, but I'm trying to think of someone and can only come up with Vlad maybe, so you can W during Zed's ult. Perhaps Galio as he is tanky enough to not be killed by the ult? The team I was playing on already had a Garen and a Naut so I was reluctant to go too tanky.

*Disclaimer: I admit I am also a bad player and got *massively* out-CS'd. I did rush Zhonyas but it was only enough to save me once and I only got it late due to bad CS-ing.

I would pick any kind of tanky mage who can build RoA/Zhonya's and keep him under wraps and not get gibbed by him. Lissandra, Swain, Ryze would probably all be decent choices depending on your skill and comfort with them.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Prokhor posted:

this is brave considering yorick is next up to get a full scale rework now that taric is done. he's also not in a great place until then, he's a former extreme lane bully who's been falling behind in the toplane arms race and has to work harder to win lane now. i think they said they want to turn him into the waveclear/wave control juggernaut as his niche but i have no idea what that looks like in practice. try to imagine ziggs as a bruiser i guess. i can't.

manamune is essentially mandatory on him. iceborn gauntlet has better synergy with the manamune but he also is one of the better black cleaver stackers (ghouls apply stacks) so your 2nd damage item should probably be one of those two depending on whether the enemy team has a frontline to shred. i wouldn't build more than 2 damage items on yorick.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Gridlocked posted:

here are some unique junglers i play pretty often. next to them i will give a danger rating, the higher the danger rating the more loving up or getting counter jungled will cause you strife and misery. please note that all of these junglers by virtue of literally having a danger rating are suboptimal and you have to make up for the difference with your own skill or the sheer surprise factor. you probably have not tried:

1) fizz (danger rating: 2 stars)
2) malzahar (danger rating: 4 stars)
3) tiger udyr (danger rating: you are the one who knocks)
4) blitzcrank (danger rating: 2 stars)
5) shaco (danger rating: 3 stars)
and finally 6) rumble jungle (danger rating: 1 star)

you can also do all kinds of stupid poo poo too but i pick those 6 because they actually have real capabilities. blitzcrank is especially hard to play but is pretty tough to gank due to his passive. definitely play a few games of malz jungle in customs before breaking him out, you have to be really solid at his aggro managing in order to jungle him well, and knowing how many hits you can tank for your voidlings is part of the pie

E: you have not lived until you have killed a lee sin trying to counterjungle you as blitz by flash pulling him in the tower. i have made people quit the game because of that poo poo

pog boyfriend fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Apr 19, 2016

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Walfry posted:

Lissandra, Kayle, Malzahar, and Talon can all keep him from snowballing for the same reasons, their ults counter his.

Cho'gath is also pretty brutal as well, but you have to hold onto your silence post 6.

Firebert fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Apr 19, 2016

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Kashuno posted:

no see classes are totally not related to roles
Oh my god this is the Ghostcrawler quote about "Bring the player not the class" isn't it

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Rurea posted:

And you are almost doubling their DPS during a fight with the ghost up

In a a meta where essence reaver lucian and blue ezreal are in 60% of games, yorick sucks.

Come back when vayne is back in every game

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

vayne is still in a lot of games in silver world

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Walfry posted:

Morgana

Walfry
Sep 6, 2007
Thanks for the anti-Zed suggestions! I'm thinking Lissandra should be my main lady for tripping him up, based on my levels of experience with her as opposed to the others.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

RealFoxy posted:

Oh my god this is the Ghostcrawler quote about "Bring the player not the class" isn't it

Ehh, I don't think so. That quote was trying to solve a problem where people were being passed over for raids because their class was weaker/had less important buffs. It's not really an issue in league because with dynamic queue you can slam the yorick button and nobody can stop you >:]

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

You can counter Zed by going mid tank Gragas with grasp and the extremely unique and rare item build of Sunfire/IBG/literally who cares at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Seconding this, Morgana is extremely good against Zed. You have to screw up big in the early game to lose that lane.

• Locked thread