Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED

Infinitum posted:

I like how Kasumeat stops mentioning the word Scum once I call him out on it.

And?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Makes you think.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Kasumeat posted:

My read on you is stronger now. Your posts strike me as flat-out dishonest, whereas SSV could simply be paranoid and/or dumb.

I like your ssv read, and I was further strengthened by the birdstrike defense. I don't think your scum. I think your town but I am now worried that your argument was based on circumstancial evidence and now we are both gonna look like idiots if we flip him.

I still trust your read though and K mean they. Birds defence just further cemented it

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Mafia edit
I mean that instead of K mean they

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

1hr to go.

I don't think SSV is going to flip Scum.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mafia edit
I'll hammer if needed, bit I'd prefer to Lynch Kasumeat today.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Infinitum posted:

1hr to go.

I don't think SSV is going to flip Scum.

I would prefer to lynch Jimson.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

But yes as I've mentioned before I still don't hate a SSV vote and will happily hammer SSV if nobody else is suspicious of Jimson.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Actually gently caress it I'm going to bed as it's 4am here.

My vote stays on Kasumeat.
I don't think SSV is scum.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Actually gently caress it I'm going to bed as it's 4am here.

My vote stays on Kasumeat.
I don't think SSV is scum.

Can you please explain why you find me suspicious but not Jimson?

I honestly can't think of a single reason other than you being scumbuddies with him.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

It would also explain why you're confident SSV is town despite his attempt to start a wagon on Jimson for no good reason.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Kasumeat posted:

It would also explain why you're confident SSV is town despite his attempt to start a wagon on Jimson for no good reason.

Which is why he is scummy. I doubt it's ignorance.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
We are very close to deadline. Anyone around?

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Eh it doesn't look like anyone is with me on the Jimson wagon. Somebody please investigate him.

##unvote Jimson
##vote SSV

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Unless more people spill in we may no lynch...

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

drat infinitum left haha

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

In bed watching Stargate trying to fall asleep.

Watch how wrong you all are.
##vote ssv

That's -1

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Need one more for :gary: :yarg:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
4 minutes, someone hammer.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

drat come on people dont make us do this all over again in a few minutes.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

SSV if you're here and town, please selfhammer so town can win.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

SirSamVimes (6): Kasumeat, Jimson, tentative8e8op, Absurd Revolver, Anomalous Amalgam, Kasumeat, Kasumeat, Infinitum
tpink (1): tentative8e8op, tentative8e8op, Hal Incandenza
Kasumeat (1): Birdstrike, Infinitum, Infinitum
Jimson (1): Jimson, tentative8e8op, Mayor Glowku, Absurd Revolver, Mayor Glowku, SirSamVimes, tpink, Jimson, tpink, Absurd Revolver, tentative8e8op, Kasumeat, Kasumeat
Infinitum (1): Birdstrike, Mayor Glowku, Birdstrike
tentative8e8op (0): tpink, tpink
Birdstrike (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
Anomalous Amalgam (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Birdstrike, Anomalous Amalgam, Birdstrike
Mayor Glowku (0): Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, SirSamVimes, SirSamVimes, Propaganda Machine, Propaganda Machine

Not Voting (3): Propaganda Machine, tpink, Your Personal Muse

There are 13 living players. Elimination occurs at 7 votes!

The current deadline is April 18th, 2016 at 2 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
:negative:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

But hey, you know, some days I'm full of poo poo. As much as this town wants to run you down and leave you dead in some side street, you can wake up some days, let the sun hit your face and think, "hey, things might just be going okay."

No one has died Day One.

It is now Night One. You have 24 hours to send me any night actions you wish to take. (If you wish to withhold an action, message me that as well.) Day Two will begin tomorrow at this time or when I have computed all available actions.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

We are still waiting on X (where X is a number) action(s). Please deliver your action as soon as possible so play may continue.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

The nightlife both is and isn't the thing. Half the time, you're in the corner of some dive, hoping that the next big thing you're hearing about is worth the cover charge, and the other half, you're walking the streets, wondering if you're gonna be able to scrounge a few bucks to score. A fix, a burger, anything to keep you focused, keep you moving. You know you're locked into something new and wild, a sound that'll blow the doors off. Sometimes you get what you need. Sometimes somebody else gets what they need. Sometimes, there ain't nobody who's getting anything but dead.

Your Personal Muse, Johnny Thunders, Town One-Shot Vigilante, has been killed night one.

quote:

Welcome, Your Personal Muse, you are Johnny Thunders, a Town One-Shot Vigilante guitarist and singer. You spent most of the early 70s strutting downtown stages as the lead guitarist of the New York Dolls, ground zero for proto-punk and American glam. The group's first two records (1973's self-titled LP and Too Much Too Soon from `74) became cult fascinations but not entirely commercially successful. You got fed up around `75 and split, taking drummer Jerry Nolan with you. That very same week, Richard Hell got fed up with Tom Verlaine's dicking around in Television and walked out. The three of you formed The Heartbreakers, the group you're with now (though Hell hosed off on his own sometime back to front the Voidoids.) Currently (1977) you've wandered over to the UK and started building a reputation for yourselves as one of the meanest, hottest punk bands around, even opening for the Sex Pistols on their Anarchy Tour...on the occasional night that wasn't cancelled. You're almost done with your debut full-length, L.A.M.F (Like A Mother Fucker), but little do you know that the producer you hired is going to give the disc one of the most notorious hack-jobs in all of rock and roll. However, this has no in-game effect. Other musicians you have recorded with may appear in this game, but this is no indication of alignment, they may be town or scum.

Video Link

Abilities:

Once per game, as a night action, you may select one other player to kill.

Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

It is now Day Two. You have 48 hours.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (12): Absurd Revolver, Anomalous Amalgam, Birdstrike, Hal Incandenza, Infinitum, Jimson, Kasumeat, Mayor Glowku, Propaganda Machine, SirSamVimes, tentative8e8op, tpink

There are 12 living players. Elimination occurs at 7 votes!

The current deadline is April 21st, 2016 at 12:30 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 days.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Good job everyone.

Team effort.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I wasn't around for the deadline yesterday. Is there any better reason to suspect SSV today or is it still the same case as yesterday?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Scum would be unlikely to hammer one of their own D1

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
This is what happens when good people do nothing.

Now we have a serious deficiency of dead scum, something we need to rectify on D2.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Infinitum posted:

Scum would be unlikely to hammer one of their own D1

I am happy to vote for SSV today unless there's better candidates. Here, I'll start.

##vote SirSamVimes

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

:siren: MOD NOTE :siren:

I have received the following questions. I have removed identifying details.

quote:

Is this game exactly the same as stated in the C9++ wiki or are there potential changes? I understood it to be the former. More specifically, if there are Masons, are they 100% guaranteed to be town? Can I quote your reply to the thread?

There are always potential changes. Every moderator tends to put their own spin on how games and roles work. While the C9++ algorithm is useful for generating a large number of fairly-balanced setup possibilities, the mafiascum wiki is generally full of boring motherfuckers. What I ain't got time for is boring motherfuckers.

I definitely frown somewhat about setup speculation, but people are going to play the game they want to play, and I'm not going to stop that. C9++ specifically generates masons as town power roles, yes.

Whether or not that is useful information to the playerbase, I can't say, I won't say, and I can't possibly care.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Allen Wren posted:

What I ain't got time for is boring motherfuckers.

Thanks for making me vanilla town you boring motherfucker.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

tpink posted:

I am happy to vote for SSV today unless there's better candidates. Here, I'll start.

##vote SirSamVimes

Lemme get in on that action

##vote Kascumeat

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Yeah I figured the lack of voting was because he was scum, and so scum didn't vote or voted elsewhere.

##vote: SSV

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Allen Wren posted:

What I ain't got time for is boring motherfuckers.

Telling it like it is.

tpink posted:

##vote SirSamVimes

I don't know if there are better candidates, but the lack of turn out for deadline is a bit rough on town. Scum are just going to keep picking us off at night unless we get some cases out there.

Interaction wise, I don't like Tpink's posting during D1 and this quick vote today rubs me the wrong way as well.

...but more than that, I don't like how the votes on Jimson came about and disappeared leading to a stalled vote on SSV.

##vote Jimson

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I'd like to hear a few things before I vote.

Infinitum and Jimson, what are your reads on each other so far?

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Actually, let me expand on that.

Jimson, Infinitum, and SSV, what are your reads on each other so far?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Well I didn't like this post D1 after I mentioned gutfeel myself

Jimson posted:

I have a strong gut feel about SSV if you trust me on this we might have a clean run if he flips scum. Because invariably the next domino id wanna tip would be birb

Felt like he was trying to buddy up to me too much.

• Locked thread