Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Corek posted:

How many WHM episodes are longer than the movies they're based on? I know Space Jam is.

I actually went to go see Wild In The Streets and the podcast is easily as long as the movie itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I actually went to go see Wild In The Streets and the podcast is easily as long as the movie itself.

But maybe half as funny.

I say half rather than a third, because Wild In The Streets is absurd

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

The Vosgian Beast posted:

But maybe half as funny.

I wonder if anyone has ever watched a Wild In The Streets/Easy Rider: The Ride Back double feature.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

But maybe half as funny.

I thought it was hilarious and not just because of Richard Pryor. I especially loved the part when the senator's pompadoured kid tells him off. But man, that music is loving terrible.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

DoombatINC posted:

I don't know if that's a good pick because The Prefect Host is loving great

That's objectively true but I'd like to hear them talk about it. :shobon:

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Buane posted:

Did you decide not to join us for Trivia this year?

Is your favorite movie K-9, the 1989 comedy romp starring James Belushi?

Well congratulations for loving the rest of us over, you selfish rear end in a top hat. Next year, join.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

A.K.A. STANLEY X :laffo:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

sean10mm posted:

A.K.A. STANLEY X :laffo:

His fake drumming is horrendous but his fake tokes from a joint are like Stanislavsky method.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

His fake drumming is horrendous but his fake tokes from a joint are like Stanislavsky method.

Stanley X only pawn in game of life :downsrim:

Also an anthropologist.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

"The NWO did an interview. They pretended to be stoned. They pretend very well." - Dave Meltzer

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

DoombatINC posted:

I don't know if that's a good pick because The Prefect Host is loving great

It's a fascinating fever dream of a movie and I want to hear them do a David Hyde Pierce impression.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Corek posted:

"The NWO did an interview. They pretended to be stoned. They pretend very well." - Dave Meltzer

It must be cause I'm used to Meltzer's semiliterate stream of consciousness writing style but Observer nonsequiturs will always be funny as hell.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

I'd love to see a WHM episode about Toys. That movie was a loving fever dream.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

It must be cause I'm used to Meltzer's semiliterate stream of consciousness writing style but Observer nonsequiturs will always be funny as hell.

There's lists of them out there just about WCW and every one of them is gold because Meltzer sounds like he's losing his mind. I was always partial to:

quote:

Kevin Nash then came out with a black girl, I guess to show that he is cool.

quote:

Sting and Vampiro fought in a graveyard. Vampiro broke a tombstone over Sting's head and he fell into a grave. Offically, because Sting may have died, this match was ruled a no contest.

quote:

Savage speared Rodman into a garbage bin. He then threw a guy out of a portable toilet and locked Rodman in and knocked it over. Rodman came out looking none too happy. Gorgeous George came out and gave Rodman a low blow. I guess that's what Rodman gets for raping her in that trailer.

DrVenkman fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Apr 19, 2016

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It's at least in part because it's very easy to hear him speaking that way.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

quote:

Shane Douglas said 'Saginaw, Michigan, are you ready?'. They were in Winston-Salem.

quote:

In a segment said to be hilarious live, (Elix) Skipper was talking trash and challenging Goldberg. Goldberg came out behind Skipper. Skipper keeps turning and Goldberg keeps adjusting his position so Skipper can't see him. All of this is on the big screen, which Skipper is looking right at, and can see Goldberg behind him, but because they didn't consider this when making the angle, he had to pretend.

quote:

Kanyon then started attacking the mop. Fans chanted for Cat to save the mop from a bad beating, and Cat in fact did so.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I think I'd rather listen to a podcast that yelled WHITE POWER than a podcast that yelled NINTENDO POWER
it's a lot less socially shameful to be a white supremacist than a gamer imo

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

ghost emoji posted:

It's a fascinating fever dream of a movie and I want to hear them do a David Hyde Pierce impression.

Did they do one with The Mating Habits of the Earthbound Human?

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
The guys skipped several minutes where the childcatcher chases the kids through Universal Studios, in another product placement case. They escape via a service elevator, which the childcatcher is incredulous about. It wasn't that interesting.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Googling for more of those quotes turned up a list of 306 Meltzer quots which is a great start, but is there another good place to read through the Best Of type stuff? Please share 'em if you got 'em, I'm overdue for some nostalgic reading about the late 90s and early 00s era. :shobon:

Edit: Ack, those google results keep going to a dead site at gamingring, was it pastebinned or re-posted somewhere?

kalensc fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Apr 19, 2016

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

kalensc posted:

Googling for more of those quotes turned up a list of 306 Meltzer quots which is a great start, but is there another good place to read through the Best Of type stuff? Please share 'em if you got 'em, I'm overdue for some nostalgic reading about the late 90s and early 00s era. :shobon:
I just found an old Gamespot thread with some stuff, and oh poo poo I forgot all about the one time that WCW/nWo made fun of Owen Heart's death.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/world-wrestling-everything-909106065/the-wcw-epic-fail-files-10013636

e: oops, nevermind

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Apr 19, 2016

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Saved by the Wayback

https://web.archive.org/web/20150610233353/http://gamingring.com/forum/showthread.php?58516-306-Quotes-from-Meltzer-about-WCW&p=581044

I think I remember watching this later in the week. What an incredible 17th birthday present. :toot:

quote:

Quote #19 

"Big T defeated Booker T in a match for (the rights to) the letter 'T'. This was ungodly bad. Actually the former Ahmed Johnson in his now pregnant state actually 'carried' Booker T to maybe the worst match of his career. The lights went out, seemingly forever, teasing that Midnight was coming, with her music. Of course, she's not even in the company anymore." - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: February 28, 2000.

Also today's episode is fantastic. /derail

kalensc fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Apr 19, 2016

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Corek posted:

The guys skipped several minutes where the childcatcher chases the kids through Universal Studios, in another product placement case. They escape via a service elevator, which the childcatcher is incredulous about. It wasn't that interesting.

Fred Savage was pissed that there was no product placement for some Chicago hot dogs or Chicago pizza. It was part of the scene that they cut that had Jim Belushi.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Apr 19, 2016

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

TheFallenEvincar posted:

I think I'd rather listen to a podcast that yelled WHITE POWER than a podcast that yelled NINTENDO POWER

#Trump2016

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Evil Mastermind posted:

I just found an old Gamespot thread with some stuff, and oh poo poo I forgot all about the one time that WCW/nWo made fun of Owen Heart's death.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/world-wrestling-everything-909106065/the-wcw-epic-fail-files-10013636

e: oops, nevermind

"A fan hit the ring during the brawl which was funny because the fan forgot to sell Hall and Savage's punches but at least he ran away quickly."

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Heading back into that derail, it was always fun whenever a fan hit the ring and Macho Man was in there because he never hesitated to beat the dogshit out of them.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Heading back into that derail, it was always fun whenever a fan hit the ring and Macho Man was in there because he never hesitated to beat the dogshit out of them.

He just assumed they were Elizabeth

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Heeeeey, I'm half deep dish on my mother's side

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

bobkatt013 posted:

Oh my god

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

:drat::wcw:

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
This just reads like the opening line to a great book.

quote:

"La Parka was reading the financial pages when Madusa propositioned him."

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
The gang's complete loathing for Larry Clark never gets old.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

The gang's complete loathing for Larry Clark never gets old.

Have they ever actually done a Larry Clark movie?

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I sent in my own videogame contest story where I made a small boy cry.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Aren't they basically the same thing at this point?

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

How are the commentary tracks (Nemesis/Chud/Sith/Sucker Punch)? And is it supposed to sync up with the movie at all? I really want to listen to the Sucker Punch one but A) money and B) I definitely don't want to actually watch Sucker Punch.

Edit: less so the money factor because I just found upon further searching it's $3 on cdbaby, which is much easier to pony up than $10 on itunes.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

bobservo posted:

Aren't they basically the same thing at this point?
white supremacists are usually more respectful to women.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

Cael posted:

How are the commentary tracks (Nemesis/Chud/Sith/Sucker Punch)? And is it supposed to sync up with the movie at all? I really want to listen to the Sucker Punch one but A) money and B) I definitely don't want to actually watch Sucker Punch.

Edit: less so the money factor because I just found upon further searching it's $3 on cdbaby, which is much easier to pony up than $10 on itunes.

They do a little countdown in the beginning and tell you what second they are paused on. It's very easy to sync to from my experience. I've listened to the Sucker Punch and CHUD one and I found both very worthwhile purchases.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
The Sithmentary is definitely worth the 3 bucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Steve, why don't you just admit you'd love to hang out with Lucas?