Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Here's a thing that's tangentially related to this thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysRIwlEBjuw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Oh good, they changed the Shin Godzilla design.

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Don't worry, JDF is young at heart just like Jesus Christ. Would an old guy do this?! *breaks boards while falling from the sky and screaming KIYAAAA*
*Zig Kiya

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dr Tran posted:

Oh good, they changed the Shin Godzilla design.

*Zig Kiya

They didn't actually.

It's just that if you take a random picture of a suit that isn't prepped for cameras, has no one in it, and doesn't have the special effects added in/turned on (depending if all of the red glowing is practical or not) guess what, you're going to have a lovely looking suit.

This is what the suit actually looks like and it's fantastic.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Burkion posted:

Well, I am fully erect after that trailer.

OZC
Jan 28, 2008

Twelve by Pies posted:

Got my Legacy Thunder Megazord in the mail today. Pretty hefty price tag, but it's the one I wanted most. Now to get the Legacy Tigerzord which is thankfully much cheaper.

Have they announced if they're going to do any more Legacy Megazords?

Legacy Ninja Megazord is coming sometime this year, and the Falconzord is already out. Based on the design of the Falconzord, the Shogun Megazord will probably get made as well, but they haven't announced it yet.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Burkion posted:

They didn't actually.

It's just that if you take a random picture of a suit that isn't prepped for cameras, has no one in it, and doesn't have the special effects added in/turned on (depending if all of the red glowing is practical or not) guess what, you're going to have a lovely looking suit.

This is what the suit actually looks like and it's fantastic.

It looks different from the promo art, which I never cared for.

Too bad about the Trump hands. Doesn't look like he'll be fighting with those. At least the tail looks loving awesome.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

OZC posted:

Legacy Ninja Megazord is coming sometime this year, and the Falconzord is already out. Based on the design of the Falconzord, the Shogun Megazord will probably get made as well, but they haven't announced it yet.

I might get the Ninja Megazord, I hope it's better quality than the Thunder Megazord. I don't know, maybe I got a defective one but it seems to have some serious issues going to Megazord form, it seems really top heavy so it leans forward a lot, and I can't get the helmet to snap on over the Red Dragonzord's head, meaning it kinda sticks up so half the Red Dragonzord's face is still showing. Kinda disappointed overall, I might just leave it in assault formation.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Burkion posted:

Far too many humans in this trailer :colbert:

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Agreed I'm just hoping he does more than stand around. Also not alot of destruction in the trailer. There's some but not nearly as much as the Godzilla trailer showed.

OZC
Jan 28, 2008

Twelve by Pies posted:

I might get the Ninja Megazord, I hope it's better quality than the Thunder Megazord. I don't know, maybe I got a defective one but it seems to have some serious issues going to Megazord form, it seems really top heavy so it leans forward a lot, and I can't get the helmet to snap on over the Red Dragonzord's head, meaning it kinda sticks up so half the Red Dragonzord's face is still showing. Kinda disappointed overall, I might just leave it in assault formation.

The helmet is a bit wonky on mine too but I managed to get it to attach right. Don't really know what I did but it just finally connected right. The lean issue is really annoying though but I expect the Ninja Megazord will be better in general. Considering how many parts you have to detach for the Mega Tigerzord formation and that lean in Thunder Megazord mode, I think their focus on the look of the pieces in Zord form made an already difficult combination design that much worse. It's just really disappointing on a $200 set.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Twelve by Pies posted:

The red dragonzord's neck extends a tiny bit- grab the head and lift it up, it'll click into a new position. Then the helmet will fit right. But yeah it's topheavy and the legs aren't solid enough to hold it steady. I've set the little silver flaps on the blue and yellow zords to brace against the bottom of pink zord's wings to help- it doesn't help much but it's something.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I feel like the Legacy zords since the original have all been a little slipshod. Especially when I was watching a review video and saw that you basically have to break your Tiger Zord to make the Mega Tigerzord. It's 2016 and this is supposed to be an expensive collectors' line, basic poo poo like that is kind of worryingly unforgivable.

Did they change who designed the molds since the original or something?

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I'm with you on this: some of their design touches are great, and others are so stupid I can't believe that they got past R&D. The green dragonzord's knees have a huge design flaw so they don't lock when you attach any other zords as legs. Pick it up and they flop around.

The biggest thing seems to be diecast metal on the arms and legs, then plastic in the joints. I'm not really sure just how far ahead they are planning when they design each one, some of the design choices seem really short sighted. It's like they design them in a vacuum without seeing how they all work together.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
What, did they forget the metal pins in the dragonzord? My one from childhood is missing one of those so it's got a wobbly leg. I wonder if thy gave them a busted up old one with the pins missing to design around, haha.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Poison Mushroom posted:

I feel like the Legacy zords since the original have all been a little slipshod. Especially when I was watching a review video and saw that you basically have to break your Tiger Zord to make the Mega Tigerzord. It's 2016 and this is supposed to be an expensive collectors' line, basic poo poo like that is kind of worryingly unforgivable.

Did they change who designed the molds since the original or something?

Even the original is lame in the fact that you have to apply a bunch of stickers, rather than having everything painted.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Updated the OP with Zyuohger...and suddenly realized that I made this thread over 3 years ago. That's giving me a bit of an existential crisis...

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

As Nero Danced posted:

I'm with you on this: some of their design touches are great, and others are so stupid I can't believe that they got past R&D. The green dragonzord's knees have a huge design flaw so they don't lock when you attach any other zords as legs. Pick it up and they flop around.

The biggest thing seems to be diecast metal on the arms and legs, then plastic in the joints. I'm not really sure just how far ahead they are planning when they design each one, some of the design choices seem really short sighted. It's like they design them in a vacuum without seeing how they all work together.

Yeah that frustrated me when I made the Mega Dragonzord too, the legs not attaching right. It really just seem like they're deciding to throw metal parts wherever and that this is a big selling point, but I'd gladly have given up metal parts in the Thunder Megazord for the ability for it to stand up straight. It honestly wouldn't bother me so much if it hadn't been 200 bucks. I realize the price was high because they had to make brand new molds or whatever but I expected something much higher quality for that price. If this had been 80 or 90 bucks like the Legacy Megazord I'd still be disappointed but nowhere near as much.

I still think the Thunder Megazord has one of the neatest combinations, it's definitely a lot more interesting than "The red one is the center and the other four are the limbs." Now I'm tempted to have just the Red Dragon with the two legs on and its arms out to the sides like it's a little kid stomping around in his dad's boots.

As Nero Danced posted:

The red dragonzord's neck extends a tiny bit- grab the head and lift it up, it'll click into a new position. Then the helmet will fit right.

This actually worked! It still didn't fit right at first even lifting the head up until it clicked, but for some odd reason when I turned the head around backwards and put the helmet on, it clicked into position and now the helmet fits fine. So thank you for that info.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Twelve by Pies posted:

I still think the Thunder Megazord has one of the neatest combinations, it's definitely a lot more interesting than "The red one is the center and the other four are the limbs." Now I'm tempted to have just the Red Dragon with the two legs on and its arms out to the sides like it's a little kid stomping around in his dad's boots.

It's my favorite one too. It's a suit of armor instead of five different body parts.

OZC
Jan 28, 2008
The problem with the Dragonzord is that they recycled the 2010 Megazord design rather than retooling it again, and they had never gotten far with prototyping the Dragonzord because the 2010 toy line died off. When they coupled that with the mass of diecast they put in it, the thing didn't have much of a chance of attaching well. They don't have nearly as great of an excuse with the Season 2 stuff since they should have planned them out a lot better. I have seen that the 2nd wave of Thunder Megazords seem to have had the silver pieces on the legs re-engineered so they can swivel a little farther back which helps brace the Red Dragon's legs better and prevents the lean.

I'm still hopeful that they won't screw up the Ninja Megazord since it's a fairly basic design and the Falconzord came out great, which is another fairly simple design in all.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
More Divatox than Rita:

https://twitter.com/nightmere10/status/722429722744004608

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
She looks amalgamated with Scorpina. I'd wager she'll actually have a combat role.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
So, we're definitely getting a Green Ranger origin here, right? More than some post credits "Two can play at that game..." nonsense?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Please let them overdub her with the same voice the show used :allears:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

That doesn't look like an ancient witch at all :mad:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
That's just Divatox and Scorpina fused together

loving Hell maybe she'll have a staff

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

quote:

It’s definitely a modern and edgy re-imagining of the original Rita Repulsa

Well, this movie is going to suck.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
...The gently caress? The Power/Rangers costume looked closer to Rita then that.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I'm tentatively on board with it, because she's like head-to-toe Green Ranger colors. It looks like they'll tie his origins really closely to Rita, which is cool.

Maybe it's like an evil Zordon situation, where she technically rules over that power, but can't actually use it herself due to reasons?

edit: Part of me wants to see Saban think they're taking a serious stab at making a "Power Rangers Cinematic Universe", the precious scamps

deadly_pudding fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Apr 19, 2016

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

deadly_pudding posted:

I'm tentatively on board with it, because she's like head-to-toe Green Ranger colors. It looks like they'll tie his origins really closely to Rita, which is cool.

Maybe it's like an evil Zordon situation, where she technically rules over that power, but can't actually use it herself due to reasons?

edit: Part of me wants to see Saban think they're taking a serious stab at making a "Power Rangers Cinematic Universe", the precious scamps

Wonder if that means they might adapt some of their other properties if the Power Rangers movie does really well, would be interesting to see what they would try to do for a VR Troopers, Beetleborgs, or Masked Rider movie(I'm honestly surprised Saban hasn't tried bringing Kamen Rider to the States again, especially considering how Toyetic recent seasons have been)

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I wouldn't be surprised if Toei still has a rule about not letting Saban touch Kamen Rider ever again, after what happened to BLACK RX and, like, ZO or whatever the other Rider show spliced in was.

How many shows were spliced into VR Troopers? Four?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I think she should have had more gold elements. But I'm okay with the costume for the most part. The American lore gives Rita an extraterrestrial background, so I think they were going for that design angle rather than the traditional Japanese folklore for witches.

Hopefully they kept the moon staff.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Saban totally does have the rights for whatever Big Bad Beetleborg was, right? and Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog is all theirs, right? The only entertainment value i'm finding here is in the possibility of a Saban's Imported Tokusatsu Cinematic Universe.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I wonder if they somehow own Venus the Girl Turtle or if Nickelodeon had to take her too with the rest of the franchise.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Toei still has a rule about not letting Saban touch Kamen Rider ever again, after what happened to BLACK RX and, like, ZO or whatever the other Rider show spliced in was.

How many shows were spliced into VR Troopers? Four?

Well after Masked Rider ended, there simply wasn't anything else for Saban to adapt(same reason Beetleborgs ended in fact), and by the time Kuuga came out, Saban was focusing solely on Power Rangers for financial reasons

Also I believe it was less Toei, and more Ishinomori who got mad about Masked Rider(from what I hear though Toei did get mad about what Saban did to the props they sent them for Masked Rider and seasons 2 and 3 of Mighty Morphing)

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Tir Na Nog would be great to see just to have some kind of fantasy thing that isn't from the usual sources. Irish Fantasy woo!

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

drrockso20 posted:

Well after Masked Rider ended, there simply wasn't anything else for Saban to adapt(same reason Beetleborgs ended in fact), and by the time Kuuga came out, Saban was focusing solely on Power Rangers for financial reasons

Also I believe it was less Toei, and more Ishinomori who got mad about Masked Rider(from what I hear though Toei did get mad about what Saban did to the props they sent them for Masked Rider and seasons 2 and 3 of Mighty Morphing)

What did they do to the props?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Saban was incredibly talented at either losing or ruining them. I remember RX suit being one of the notable ones.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

GuyUpNorth posted:

Saban was incredibly talented at either losing or ruining them. I remember RX suit being one of the notable ones.

Yeah it somehow ended up in some Pacific Northwest tourist trap covered in fake fur and advertised as a Bigfoot

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

drrockso20 posted:

Yeah it somehow ended up in some Pacific Northwest tourist trap covered in fake fur and advertised as a Bigfoot

WHAT. This is amazing. Are there any photos? A cursory google search didn't turn up anything relevant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

I kinda like it, though it looks more like a henchwoman.