Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I liked her, but I think Thorgy had shown us all she had to show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Mouse Dresser posted:

I feel like Thorgy realized that Chi Chi was going to stay instead of her. That's why she gripped Chi Chi's raised hand at the end. :unsmith:

I think she realized it by the time the beading on Chi Chi's dress broke. It seemed like she kind of gave up after that/was trying to get her attention? God, that lip sync was phenomenal. I love when they do ballads, they always seem to inspire good performances.

I liked seeing Bob and Derrick working together :3: they seemed to be a really strong team and I loved how Derrick just went for it.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
I've painted my face gray a couple times before (and you'll NEVER be able to guess why :downs: ) and lemme tell you, that poo poo takes forever. Drag makeup already takes an eternity, but between regular drag makeup, painting everything gray, and then covering any additional exposed skin with bodypaint assuming they don't have armsocks or gloves, they probably spent a good 3 to 4 hours getting ready. ESPECIALLY Naomi, she definitely had to paint everything from the chest up.
And I can tell that Thorgy didn't seal her paint and there's going to be gray all the gently caress over that statue.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
Logo doesn't have the episode up yet, and I don't want to stay up. :sigh:

Edit: Episode up! :dance:

Sad to see Thorgy go home, but drat did Chi Chi bring a look, and that lip sync was amazing!

Chi Chi's campaign ad was ok, but it lacked HER. I wonder if she can really turn it up for top four.

Bob's skit was good, I thought that Derrick eating the baby was a bit much. Glad to see that look tonight, it's refreshing after last week's. That Glinda was :eyepop: Them joking about Travon made me all :(

Derrick still fails to impress me on the runway. I want to see something that isn't pre-made, or underwear.

I almost started crying when Kim Chi was sad. I have really bad stage fright, and would lose all of my air when performing solos for band concerts. Being in front of any audience to me is absolutely terrifying. Cold sweats, can't breathe, and an overwhelming feeling of passing out is the worst. The look on the runway was killer. Best makeup all season.

Naomi might be top 3? I feel Bob and Kim are def locked in for top 3, but the third I'm not so sure. Unless they go for the old fashioned top two!

I hope next week is better in every way. :allears:

Bina fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Apr 19, 2016

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Next week is the ball I think which means surely Derrick goes. Derrick gave us the shouldildos.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Now that Thorgy is gone, there really is no competition for Bob to take the crown. Even in season 6 where it was clear that Bianca would be the winner from early on, she was rather one note, and still had fierce competition from Adore and Courtney who each brought something very different.

This season, Chichi is too unpolished, Kimchi is too stiff, and Naomi and Derrick are too boring. Thorgy was the only one left who would at least make Bob work for it. At this point it doesn't even matter who else makes it to the Top 3. None of them stand a chance against Bob.

All Hail Queen Bob the Drag Queen.

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Apr 19, 2016

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Nihonniboku posted:

Now that Thorgy is gone, there really is no competition for Bob to take the crown. Even in season 6 where it was clear that Bianca would be the winner from early on, she was rather one note, and still had fierce competition from Adore and Courtney who each brought something very different.

This season, Chichi is too unpolished, Kimchi is too stiff, and Naomi and Derrick are too boring. Thorgy was the only one left who would at least make Bob work for it. At this point it doesn't even matter who else makes it to the Top 3. None of them stand a chance against Bob.

All Hail Queen Bob the Drag Queen.

:toot: Bob is the best.

I think, based on the edits that the producers are giving her, Chi Chi is in the final three.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Michelle had it in for T.H. with an Orgy from the moment she found out he had a nest of thready white person dreads.

I hope Bob brings out another $24.99 amazon.com clearance rack single piece costume for the grand finale but still somehow loses to Naomi Smalls in the end who does the entire thing naked except for changing shoes, wigs and tape. Battle of the lowest drag standards for the highest prize.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

yeah Chi Chi is the Adore of this season, not quite there yet but a strong competitor

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

The Berzerker posted:

yeah Chi Chi is the Adore of this season, not quite there yet but a strong competitor

I agree. Although Adore still had an idea of who she was, she just needed help polishing up her look. Like the judges said this week, ChiChi is trying to deny who she is.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
Jesus Tittysprinkle Christ.... Chi Chi's lipsync.

:tviv:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Millie posted:

I wanna emptyquote this but

Seriously though, that was some Latrice Royale lipsyncing to Natural Woman poo poo. I got shivers.

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

lol poor Thorgy at the end there grabbing Chi Chi's arm and gesturing :unsmith: That's a top tier lip sync right there.

Mofette
Jan 9, 2004

Hey you! It's the sound, in your head goes round and round

Really Mad. I actually woman'ed up and bought a Jump Suit I wanted because of how fierce Thorgy looked in Episiode 2.

God drat It at least my tribute nails this week will be Thorgeous.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Maybe it's just because I haven't been watching Untucked, but I'm glad Thorgy is gone. She just seemed like a catty, neurotic mess and didn't really bring anything memorable. I seriously can't think of anything off the top of my head she did this season that stood out.

e: Also, a cartwheel during And I Am Telling You? Really Queen?

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Thorgy came across as really genuine, upbeat, and energetic earlier in the season but it seems like since Betty left she's been really pissy. I'm still disappointed they sent Betty home before Derrick Berry.

Very happy with what Naomi's brought the last two eps, wish the judges and other queens called her out on the consistent panties and a bra runway looks before the fifth episode though.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pellisworth posted:

Thorgy came across as really genuine, upbeat, and energetic earlier in the season but it seems like since Betty left she's been really pissy.

Yeah, I think Thorgy was (naturally) getting upset that she was absolutely killing it every week (until this week), and yet she never won a single challenge. Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.

I think she's a strong likelihood for All-Stars 3.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

overseer07 posted:

e: Also, a cartwheel during And I Am Telling You? Really Queen?

Someone mentioned before that Thorgy looked like she was trying to get Chi Chi's attention for that final ahnd raise at the end and I think that's what that was about.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

overseer07 posted:

Also, a cartwheel during And I Am Telling You? Really Queen?
I watched it again and it seems like Thorgy was trying to hold that side of the stage due to the bead spill. I think she had "bowed out" at that point and was making sure Chi Chi could finish strong without busting her rear end. I think the cartwheel was like an "okay bye lol." I dunno, to me she looked like she was concerned for Chi Chi's safety. Yes, Thorgy was coming unglued during untucked but she's got a big squishy heart.

Also, loved Chi Chi coaching Kim Chi on the story behind the song when Kimberly was making GBS threads bricks, that was so loving endearing. I love these girls!!

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

The clips of Thorgy the past couple episodes have been so entirely negative that I feel pretty sure they purposely tossed any clips of her being positive or sweet.

Not to say she's not a multidimensional person with flaws, but the sudden and total shift of her screen time is noticeable. Sucks to go out on a slightly sour note like that.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Thorgy looked like she smelled like an old sponge and I'm glad to see her stinky dreads gone.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I'm just watching the episode now, only at the Runway but wow what a great runway.

e: lmao Bob's ad was tremendous

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Combed Thunderclap posted:

The clips of Thorgy the past couple episodes have been so entirely negative that I feel pretty sure they purposely tossed any clips of her being positive or sweet.

Not to say she's not a multidimensional person with flaws, but the sudden and total shift of her screen time is noticeable. Sucks to go out on a slightly sour note like that.

She could also just be the exact kind of person she's said and shown that she is from the beginning. Competitive yet insecure enough to gently caress everything up. I really, really wanted to like her on the show (I like her plenty outside of it! Lion King any one? ). But she always seemed like she was too much in her own head.
Aaand you can't fake what the other queens said. Either it was said before this episode or in this episode and frankly I suspect the latter.

Oh well, unless someone really, really improves in everything, 'grats on the crown Bob!
Also bob really loving get's how non artificial, female bodies work, and it somehow makes me trust him.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Sarcopenia posted:

I really, really wanted to like her on the show (I like her plenty outside of it! Lion King any one? ). But she always seemed like she was too much in her own head.
Her performances outside the show are great. I think this milieu brought out the worst in her, and I was cringing every time she appeared for the last few eps. Well-timed sashay.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!
I think Thorgy (and hell, Acid Betty too) was a better queen than both Derrick Berry and ChiChi, but it just goes to show you that the LSFYL can gently caress you up if you end up in the bottom 2, no matter how good anything else is. ChiChi definitely won that one.

Unless something dramatic happens, I think the top 3 will be Bob, Kim Chi, and Naomi Smalls, with Bob probably winning. If Kim Chi can shrug off the self-doubt, I could see her snatch the crown though. I love Kim Chi and I think her runway looks this season has been far superior to everyone else's. Much like Raja, Kim Chi is the one I can't wait to see when she hits the runway. And this week I loved that she literally painted her face black and white instead of going fully gray-scale like everyone else.

If Kim Chi does not make it to the top 3, she will be a shoo-in for Miss Congeniality, though.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I didn't know the source for the LSFYL until Bob gaysplained it on Untucked which took it from "whoa, she's killing this" to "best ever?" SO GREAT.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
drat. That was intense.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Millie posted:

This is basically what I came to say after getting a moment to watch tonight.

Holy poo poo.

That was a fuckin' lipsync.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Are we getting a UK Drag Race?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMB7n1jX1d4

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I have to wonder if Chi-Chi's perfectly timed wardrobe malfunction was planned. That was a Latrice-level LSFYL, down to the woefully unmatched rival. Although, at least Thorgy wasn't making a fool out of herself, she just was not dressed for the occasion.

I feel bad for Thorgy, but she was clearly unraveling to the stress of the show. Pretty insane that this season had two queens who consistently performed well in challenges but never won, and left after their first time in the bottom. Just goes to show the caliber of this season's roster.

Glad Derrick finally got to shine. I have to admit I gasped at the dress reveal.

I thought it was really interesting how they had a buff Asian model as the only top in the mini-challenge. And then later on, they actually address the "No fats, fems, Asians" thing. Never in a million years did I think that'd be something talked about on TV.

This season is a roller-coaster.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

If I remember correctly, a while back Graham Norton bought the rights to do a season of Drag Race in the UK. The plan is to have this British queen be the host, and Ru would be a judge. I thought it was supposed to have happened by now, and maybe this video is proof that it is finally happening.

OhHiMaahk
Jan 8, 2014

gandlethorpe posted:

I thought it was really interesting how they had a buff Asian model as the only top in the mini-challenge.

I believe the red-headed pit crew member is actually straight, so him being a bottom had me pretty confused.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Top or Bottom BUNK

It wasn't actually about sex.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
Please explain the mini challenge to me because I did not understand what at all the questions had to do with the answers. Was it simply "this is a true statement, so guess if he's top or bottom?"

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Welcome to the mini challenge where the rules are made up and the points don't matter

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I can't get over the fact that Chi Chi didn't even listen to the song or practice in Untucked and just kind of lounged around talking about how expensive she looked. That was a stunning lipsync.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Which is hilarious when you consider that Thorgy spent the whole season bitching that Chi Chi was half-assing everything, and then she didn't even bother to practice when kicking Thorgy's rear end.

Though it's pretty obvious that Chi Chi already had that song on lock (as any queen should).

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

ALFbrot posted:

I can't get over the fact that Chi Chi didn't even listen to the song or practice in Untucked and just kind of lounged around talking about how expensive she looked. That was a stunning lipsync.

Just sitting there fanning herself and then dropping THAT performance, like, drat. Thorgy didn't have a shot in hell. And turning that cartwheel at the end? Come on, girl.

I don't think Chi Chi has a shot in hell of winning (if anyone's winning the Tyra Sanchez Memorial Crown, it's Naomi, I'd say), but this was definitely a "Oh, THAT'S why you're here" sort of performance.

The wardrobe malfunction - I thought it was planned until I saw the slow-mo during Untucked, now I'm not so sure?

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

overseer07 posted:

had that song on lock (as any queen should).

evidence from prior in the season, however, should make us never assume. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Deathlove posted:

Just sitting there fanning herself and then dropping THAT performance, like, drat. Thorgy didn't have a shot in hell. And turning that cartwheel at the end? Come on, girl.

I don't think Chi Chi has a shot in hell of winning (if anyone's winning the Tyra Sanchez Memorial Crown, it's Naomi, I'd say), but this was definitely a "Oh, THAT'S why you're here" sort of performance.

The wardrobe malfunction - I thought it was planned until I saw the slow-mo during Untucked, now I'm not so sure?

I'm pretty sure one of her strands just got caught under her foot when she was down on the floor. I don't think it was planned. You can see her look at it and instantly decide "yes, let's use this"

• Locked thread