Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

The Crusher posted:

So devourer loses its stacking component? I always hated the stacking items, or any delayed power that isn't gained automatically.

they put it onto guinsoo's now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

idgi riot

AHH FUGH posted:

what the literal gently caress are they doing

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Bholder posted:

So what did they actually change on Velkoz? He looks the exact same to me.

Q refunds mana on unit kill, ult does true damage instead of magic damage to 'researched' champions that you've procced your passive on (not clear if this means ever in the game or just recently)

says a lot about how dumb sated devourer is that i'm happy to see it being replaced with %hp damage

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB

AHH FUGH posted:

Wow. I'm sure it's just an oversight, but it'll probably have the ranged attacker nerf for every 4 hits, right?

Otherwise I guess I'm locking in Kayle again a ton.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Can someone on the PBE give a heads up on how Zyra's support game stacks up? It looks like it should still be good but it depends on how hard they hit her numbers to compensate for having an actual passive.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Star Warrior X posted:

That's a good point. Maybe roll the dice on the first spawn, and then cycle them. I just foresee my team comp really wanting red dragon, and theirs really wanting blue, and all that spawns is blue, blue, blue. We have to fight it or they get a huge advantage, but winning gives us next to nothing. I'd much prefer if we had the choice to let them get blue, and plan to fight for red, or maybe try and drag out a lane skirmish long enough that they miss the blue.

Acting like blue(or whatever color really) is worthless to your team is the wrong idea.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Rageblade is like 1200g more expensive in that screenshot (same price as ER and IE) so it makes more sense as a first item on hybrid auto attackers but it also isn't a wasted slot in an end-game build, and it could legitimately take a long time to build in lane if the person playing the character gets behind. I don't think that's overpowered.

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

ImpAtom posted:

I feel like that's Corki. I've seen plenty of toxic Ashes but never a toxic Corki.

Corki as a character is toxic.

Having to listen to that idiotic faux-hillbilly up to snuff poo poo that he says is an atrocity inflicted upon the non-Corki playing community.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Libertine posted:

Rageblade is like 1200g more expensive in that screenshot (same price as ER and IE) so it makes more sense as a first item on hybrid auto attackers but it also isn't a wasted slot in an end-game build, and it could legitimately take a long time to build in lane if the person playing the character gets behind. I don't think that's overpowered.

I think the bigger issue is that as devourer is now its an item that's time gated to around 15-20 minutes and can only go on one champ on each team.

Putting it on rageblade means vayne can buy it first item at 10 minutes if she gets a double kill bot and can proc silver bolts every other attack, get bonus attack speed and bonus AD. Who cares if she doesn't have ap scaling, that devourer proc would be insane

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

that guinsoo's cost/build path is pretty brutal, i don't think the non-hybrid champs that were building it will be as interested anymore

Star Warrior X
Jul 14, 2004

Rurea posted:

Acting like blue(or whatever color really) is worthless to your team is the wrong idea.

Please forgive my hyperbole. I didn't really mean worthless, but rather worth less. It looks like the dragon buffs are geared toward flavors of comps (poke, siege, rotation/splitpush, fight), and if I have comp type A and the dragons that spawn are B, C, and D only, my team is at a disadvantage that I have no ability to predict or offset, either during champ select or during the game. Your contention is that that disadvantage is small, but Riot's stated goal is to make dragons more important than they are now, which suggests that the benefits of getting a dragon buff synergistic with your team comp will be significant.

If one team has the opportunity to get a strong buff that the other team does not, because of RNG, that is a less good mechanic than one which allows strategic play to counteract.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009
Separately, Im a fan of the dragon change personally, but riot needs to stop flip flopping on their thoughts on randomness in the game.

They nerfed any random character abilities like TFs old passive, got rid of Dodge chance and made a lot of % abilities into weaker guaranteed abilities (e.g. Ashe passive), but now add a randomized global buff.

Just feels like one minute they want a predictable, professional e-sports game, and the next minute they want Morde adc

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Randomness on champions and randomness on the map are very different things, the map has and will always have RNG elements

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Primetime posted:

Separately, Im a fan of the dragon change personally, but riot needs to stop flip flopping on their thoughts on randomness in the game.

They nerfed any random character abilities like TFs old passive, got rid of Dodge chance and made a lot of % abilities into weaker guaranteed abilities (e.g. Ashe passive), but now add a randomized global buff.

Just feels like one minute they want a predictable, professional e-sports game, and the next minute they want Morde adc
They're going to make these dragons spawn faster and in specific order eventually instead of just giving it gold and global pressure.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

AHH FUGH posted:

Randomness on champions and randomness on the map are very different things, the map has and will always have RNG elements

Not to come off as hostile, but what part of the map is random? Every neutral part of the map from minions to buffs to Baron are on a set, distinct timer that never changes. The only thing random on the map is where wards are but that's not built into the map itself.

Genuinely I think rotating dragons are the first entirely random aspect of the map

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

I don't really get why e.g. a regen dragon spawning when your opponents are running a poke comp is a disadvantage. Take the dragon, your team now has more health regen for their poke and have denied them the mana regen. That's a pretty nice advantage.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Star Warrior X posted:

Please forgive my hyperbole. I didn't really mean worthless, but rather worth less. It looks like the dragon buffs are geared toward flavors of comps (poke, siege, rotation/splitpush, fight), and if I have comp type A and the dragons that spawn are B, C, and D only, my team is at a disadvantage that I have no ability to predict or offset, either during champ select or during the game. Your contention is that that disadvantage is small, but Riot's stated goal is to make dragons more important than they are now, which suggests that the benefits of getting a dragon buff synergistic with your team comp will be significant.

If one team has the opportunity to get a strong buff that the other team does not, because of RNG, that is a less good mechanic than one which allows strategic play to counteract.

I think the point is you are supposed to recognize if its a strong buff for the other team and then prioritize denying the dragon from them.Or you know that they will put a big priority on getting the dragon and you can play around that.
The enemy team has the same chance of getting sub-optimal spawns as yours. There is nothing about this mechanic that doesn't allow strategic play to counteract.

Primetime posted:

They really aren't the same thing.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Primetime posted:

Putting it on rageblade means vayne can buy it first item at 10 minutes if she gets a double kill bot and can proc silver bolts every other attack, get bonus attack speed and bonus AD. Who cares if she doesn't have ap scaling, that devourer proc would be insane

She can get a silver boolt every other attack after 6 attacks, not just immediately, and if she's attacking minions to stack it, she's pushing the lane and you can hang back, and if she's hit you 6 times, then you're probably dead anyways.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

NTT posted:

Zed has basically never been banworthy and is the quintessential 'i dont want to get good so i'm gonna ban him' ban

Ive banned him because getting owned by a zed is tilt city for many people and hes as annoying as riven to deal with when snowballing. Also i hate having to rush zhonyas just to exist when he can rush maw just to own you when i get put mid.

I could verse him until im good or I could just not and poo poo on some guy i can beat like a lux or something.

On a similar note, how many years till they rework Aurelion to be good? I mean velkoz still exists but the mage updates soon?

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

On a similar note, how many years till they rework Aurelion to be good?

... you mean like right now? He's fine, he's 50% and above for playing middle and is a solid mage with an apparent but playable weakness.

If you mean make him more satisfying to play than "high damage sunfire" for most of his presence then I dunno.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

AHH FUGH posted:

Super weird to pay for a bunch of attack speed in the recurve bow and then get 0% attack speed with the completed item at no stacks. Anyways, that item is not very good as currently proposed.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

On a similar note, how many years till they rework Aurelion to be good? I mean velkoz still exists but the mage updates soon?

Not sure what you're getting at here, velkoz has been good in solo queue for quite a while and has been picked in pro play several times recently. Aurelion is pretty good already too.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

How the gently caress does that guinsoos have zero aspd base

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Primetime posted:

Not to come off as hostile, but what part of the map is random? Every neutral part of the map from minions to buffs to Baron are on a set, distinct timer that never changes. The only thing random on the map is where wards are but that's not built into the map itself.

Genuinely I think rotating dragons are the first entirely random aspect of the map

Minion spawns positions, minion lane walking paths and scuttle paths come to mind, there's also maybe an RNG element where a tower has 2 targets that both have equal priority. The minions in particular, that's part of what makes each laning phase unique.

Ormi
Feb 7, 2005

B-E-H-A-V-E
Arrest us!
The only thing RNG dragons is going to accomplish is forcing standard lanes that can contest dragons from the early game onward. Playing around dragon has always been about the strategic constraint of what happens when the other team gets it, and even if the buffs are negligible because the dice fell that way, you plan for the worst.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Zyra rework is somewhat interesting:
-Q is now cast in a line, similar to Malzahar's current Q
-In addition to planting seeds with W, seeds are planted around her passively kinda like Illaoi's tentacles
-Spells don't have to be cast ON a seed to make a plant, only NEAR one

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
If Velkoz was a lane bully before, he's going to be insane when his ult does true damage to the enemy laner after hitting his bnb combo of E-W.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

ZenVulgarity posted:

How the gently caress does that guinsoos have zero aspd base

Very very likely that was a screenshot from a previous iteration, if it doesn't give AS with that build path they may as well delete it right now.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Ormi posted:

The only thing RNG dragons is going to accomplish is forcing standard lanes that can contest dragons from the early game onward. Playing around dragon has always been about the strategic constraint of what happens when the other team gets it, and even if the buffs are negligible because the dice fell that way, you plan for the worst.

That sounds great tho???

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MheH0uf8LDE

Malz jungle looks insanely fast, they're going to screw with it, they pretty much have to

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Servaetes posted:

Malz jungle looks insanely fast, they're going to screw with it, they pretty much have to

They want more early fighting in professional, what better way to force the issue than make dragon more important and out a guy in there who can take it before 5 minites

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Darth Windu posted:

That sounds great tho???

Its a really cool change and I think people have just been conditioned to believe RNG IS THE DEVIL

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Was talking to my friends about this update and we concluded that my aura resonates strongest with Air Dragon, what about you guys

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

RNG where the outcome is broadcast minutes before it becomes actionable is good RNG, it's pretty different from stuff like crit and old dodge that can swing fights with no warning.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Servaetes posted:

Haha oh man, that's great. They'll probably reduce voidling lifespan or make dragon ignore voidlings or both.

Ormi
Feb 7, 2005

B-E-H-A-V-E
Arrest us!

Rurea posted:

Its a really cool change and I think people have just been conditioned to believe RNG IS THE DEVIL

The reality of it runs directly contrary to their stated goals, which was to free dragons from being either always-contest or always-negligible. The possibility of the other team getting a serious leg up constrains teams to picking compositions that can contest, even if the buff isn't worth it all of the time. This means less strategic depth, with compositions that are stronger in fighting early dominating. Or they could still be awful, and nobody will care if a poke comp gets two water dragons or whatever. Basically, the whole problem with permanent buffs (and permanent gold gain) is that this dichotomy has no easy solution to it.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
What is happening with these changes. Basically we get to play a pre season mid way through? Im sure the pro players will love this.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

What is happening with these changes. Basically we get to play a pre season mid way through? Im sure the pro players will love this.

much like true solo queue, gently caress em. they constantly set the tone for a bunch of really boring poo poo and keep stuff narrowminded, so, gently caress em.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

I'm assuming these changes are going to go into effect after MSI but before the summer split starts, so it's not quite as bad as last year's world's patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Rurea posted:

Once Vayne has an ability to do 400% damage 50% of the time and similarly have a 50% chance to ignore any auto attack, we can actually cry about how bad RNG is.

Ormi posted:

The reality of it runs directly contrary to their stated goals, which was to free dragons from being either always-contest or always-negligible. The possibility of the other team getting a serious leg up constrains teams to picking compositions that can contest, even if the buff isn't worth it all of the time. This means less strategic depth, with compositions that are stronger in fighting early dominating. Or they could still be awful, and nobody will care if a poke comp gets two water dragons or whatever. Basically, the whole problem with permanent buffs (and permanent gold gain) is that this dichotomy has no easy solution to it.

But but but lane swaps make the game boring to watch!

• Locked thread