Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

A Neurotic Jew posted:

so if Hillary wins by around 10%, what percent of the remaining electorate will Bernie have to win in the remaining races on average?

Combined with the states coming up on the 26th? About 64%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

Clinton will easily defeat whomever in the general change.

lol

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Un-l337-Pork posted:

I cannot wait to vote against Hillary. I loving hate her. Rather watch Cruz bring the Rapture than let that oval office into office.

lol

snakeandbake
Aug 21, 2012

by exmarx
remember when hillary told the banks to cut it out with all those risky practices

that was great

Mystery Goomba
Jun 4, 2011
I will defeat Hillary Clinton.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

snakeandbake posted:

remember when hillary told the banks to cut it out with all those risky practices

that was great

hillary whispered in their ears after with "hail satan" and "we will feast on the blood of the poor"

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

snakeandbake posted:

that was great

Check your tone pls.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

A Winner is Jew posted:

Sanders best poll in the last week still had Clinton up by 6, so not really?

I'm expecting that those 3 million calls and army of canvassers will have moved things a little bit for Bernie.

If she performs to polling, despite all that campaigning on the Bernie side, you really have to question what effect does any of those efforts even have? Sure a BernieBro can drag some friends with him to an open primary, but are closed primaries pretty much decided regardless of the campaign effort? Siena had Hillary at +10 from 4/6 to 4/11.

snakeandbake
Aug 21, 2012

by exmarx

Immortan posted:

Check your tone pls.

hillary clinton is a bitch

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

snakeandbake posted:

hillary clinton is a bitch

Cut it out.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

i do not expect real progress or reform from clinton, and the best she can do is not make things worse, because i can tell she has no interest in making things better

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

sanders' heart is in the right place but i'm not convinced he can handle the presidency. not that i think clinton can handle it any better.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
two people on CNN are going to kill each other (again)

i think it's dem related, they might be mixing in some trump in there

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

ultimately i'd prefer sanders in the white house because the only real difference between the candidates that ultimately matters to the common citizen is that sanders is on their side, or at least claims to be

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Condiv posted:

yeah, he has no plan, that's why hillary attacked aspects of his plan

also i'm sure hillary's piddling improvements to ppaca will surely lead to uhc

she attacked how his plan didn't add up to any coherent thing, which is why he doesn't have an actual plan

they will over time. i'll remind you that it took 40 years for canada to get their uhc

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Canadian UHC came from candidates and movements who looked an awful lot more like Sanders than they did like Hilary.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

Deki posted:

People who are happy with how far Bernie got and have accepted his loss are going to post a hell of a lot less than the vindictive whiny babies.

this was me

bernie's success with younger voters makes me feel pretty good about the future

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Pollyanna posted:

i do not expect real progress or reform from clinton, and the best she can do is not make things worse, because i can tell she has no interest in making things better

Pollyanna posted:

sanders' heart is in the right place but i'm not convinced he can handle the presidency. not that i think clinton can handle it any better.

Pollyanna posted:

ultimately i'd prefer sanders in the white house because the only real difference between the candidates that ultimately matters to the common citizen is that sanders is on their side, or at least claims to be

p. much this

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Pander posted:

He got more money despite having 0 institutional support from a major party.

I'm sure that's not important at all.
if it were important it'd translate to votes instead of rhetoric

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/722554960513265664/photo/1

Another exit poll that is not quite what you would expect

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

fishmech posted:

she attacked how his plan didn't add up to any coherent thing, which is why he doesn't have an actual plan

they will over time. i'll remind you that it took 40 years for canada to get their uhc

Yeah it took them 40 years to vote corporate shills like Hillary out that kept blocking it, much like the process we're still in.

snakeandbake
Aug 21, 2012

by exmarx
hillary's healthcare plan is to tell cancer to knock it off

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

I really liked Sanders emphasizing voting in congressional elections; I hope Clinton and the DNC pick up on it.

hmm

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
https://twitter.com/meetthepress/status/722555415964164096

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Remember: there's a thread for general Dem primary policy chat, good lord.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

a straight 5% swing in the popular vote from dem to rep in every state would still be a dem victory, btw

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

snakeandbake posted:

Along with a $20k + price tag for chemo!

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

TyrantWD posted:

I'm expecting that those 3 million calls and army of canvassers will have moved things a little bit for Bernie.

If she performs to polling, despite all that campaigning on the Bernie side, you really have to question what effect does any of those efforts even have? Sure a BernieBro can drag some friends with him to an open primary, but are closed primaries pretty much decided regardless of the campaign effort? Siena had Hillary at +10 from 4/6 to 4/11.

Yeah, but party registration closed like 6 months ago so :lol: that a bunch of people that have been registered for at least those 6 months will suddenly flip.

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx

Necc0 posted:

I'm sure a lot of people here remember how rabid the paultards were and how insane they got by the end. many of his supporters just sort of quietly disbanded and eventually the die-hards drifted off as well. the bernouts will do the same, in time.

Their absence on this website is mostly due to purges. Meanwhile, the antiestablishment, antiwar, proweed, conspiracy theorist, audit the fed candidate from 4-8 years ago was disproportionately popular among young, white, male posters on reddit. This cycle, the overwhelming favorite on reddit is an antiestablishment candidate who has antiwar views foisted upon him, is pro weed, wants to audit the fed, brings out the conspiracy theorists AND promises college loan forgiveness. Which may have become relevant to their lives during the intervening years.

It's probably different people though. It's doesn't seem like much overlap.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

Vox Nihili posted:

Remember: there's a thread for general Dem primary policy chat, good lord.

We only just started getting exit polls so it's not like there was a lot to talk about until now other than how angry the people you don't like are going to be when the thing that they don't want to happen happens.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

snakeandbake posted:

token gestures towards cancer and saying "we have a plan to end cancer in the future" while being paid large speaking fees for speeches to big pharma

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

why beat cancer when you can monetize it?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

I'm not sure they're reading that poll correctly

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

sudo rm -rf posted:

a straight 5% swing in the popular vote from dem to rep in every state would still be a dem victory, btw

Right, I think 5.37% was the swing needed that would have gotten Romney the win.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Noted autist 'Geoff Peterson' joins the thread.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

Pollyanna posted:

"We could shrink your tumor with chemo therapy, but would that end racism?"

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010

DaveWoo posted:

I'm not sure they're reading that poll correctly

Doesn't seem like it (or they worded the question poorly).

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Helsing posted:

Canadian UHC came from candidates and movements who looked an awful lot more like Sanders than they did like Hilary.

lol no they didn't, because cnada got uhc from people that got elected, due to being supported by people who voted

Immortan posted:

Yeah it took them 40 years to vote corporate shills like Hillary out that kept blocking it, much like the process we're still in.

lol @ anyone who thinks canada isn't full of "corporate shills"

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Pollyanna posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

who here is excited for a clinton presidency

• Locked thread