Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Fooma posted:

The time has come, to talk of manythings. Of crews--and ships--and dancing cats-
Of warlords--and kings--
And why elephants spin about--
And whether potatos have wings

:3:

You genuinely cheered me up, would you like plat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Ghostlight posted:

jpegs are only engineering debt if backers expect them to be in the game

That is what Toast is imploring that it's the backer's fault why backers expect to see their paid jpegs to be available.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
I miss Bootcha too. Please come back...

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

EminusSleepus posted:

That is what Toast is imploring that it's the backer's fault why backers expect to see their paid jpegs to be available.

But Backers want the best game ever, you just don't understand. You aren't a true backer if you don't understand the vision and that it will take time to build this dream! Now, buy more JPEGS to show your loyalty.

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom

Mr.Tophat posted:

You genuinely cheered me up, would you like plat?

Aw, I'm just trying to bring joy to the thread, but if you were generally offering, I wouldn't turn it down. Maybe you get a poem PM now and then!

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

orcinus posted:

Who in their right minds would pay $240 for a game.

I ended up paying $100 for LoZ: Majora's Mask. That memory expansion pack was expensive :(

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Fooma posted:

Aw, I'm just trying to bring joy to the thread, but if you were generally offering, I wouldn't turn it down. Maybe you get a poem PM now and then!

So long as you just post, that's all I look forward to, more than anything in the whole world

I have a gift cert ready to go. What's the best way of sending you this investment?

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Maybe I should send it via a youtube upload, just CIG do, that way you can easily remember all the information I send you

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Fooma posted:

The time has come, to talk of manythings. Of crews--and ships--and dancing cats-
Of warlords--and kings--
And why elephants spin about--
And whether potatos have wings

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

DEREK SMART

DEREK SMART

DEREK SMART

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Mr.Tophat posted:

Maybe I should send it via a youtube upload, just CIG do, that way you can easily remember all the information I send you

Maybe you should put it in his hangar first. That way it's a backer-led initiative.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Derek Smart gets handed a joint in a games development convention. He tokes on it happily, and briefly forgets his quarrel with Chris Roberts.

"Hey, Derek, pass the dutchie to left hand side," a fellow indie developer says as he gingerly reaches for the spliff within the warlord's hand.

"LET ME loving FINISH," Derek roars, before sidying the entire jay and blowing smoke everywhere

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom

Mr.Tophat posted:

So long as you just post, that's all I look forward to, more than anything in the whole world

I have a gift cert ready to go. What's the best way of sending you this investment?

https://www.twitch.tv/docteurlatope

There's an amazing Star Citizen stream going on right now. 0 viewers. He's living the dream. How about a twitch PM from chat in there :)

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

"2 weeks" he chokes through the weed smoke

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Mr.Tophat posted:

Unless you just don't like spinach if then, well, ok, I respect your needs as a human being to shut yourself off to things you don't like

I love spinach, I was just wondering in what sort of blasted hellhole people ate non-fresh spinach.

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

Ash1138 posted:

Mafia III, whose alpha build from last December was feature complete and looked like an actual game you could play, is coming out in October and dropped a loving sick as all hell story trailer today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UdSpFXz8Q4

:krad:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Scruffpuff posted:

Maybe you should put it in his hangar first. That way it's a backer-led initiative.

I like the way you post L

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Ash1138 posted:

Mafia III, whose alpha build from last December was feature complete and looked like an actual game you could play, is coming out in October and dropped a loving sick as all hell story trailer today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UdSpFXz8Q4

Awesome.

I saw Lee Circle in the opening, I wonder how much of New Orleans they actually reproduced (not that it's a big city).

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

MeLKoR posted:

I love spinach, I was just wondering in what sort of blasted hellhole people ate non-fresh spinach.

The people who have to ration their food because war put the British people at the homefront under strain during the world war with colour

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

I hate/love how my thought process is turning to CIG related topics

I'm glad of it is the worst thing I say now

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Mafia 3 looks like a better blaxploitation movie than Shaft

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
If you like spinach you should try a korean dish called sigeumchi namul.

You get some spinach and blanch it in boiling water, then squeeze most of the water out and toss it with some salt and a little soy sauce (or, if you have it, korean salty-soy sauce), a dash of cooking wine, a pinch of sugar, and some sesame oil. It's meant to be kinda salty.

Sprinkle with sesame seeds or sesame seed salt if you have it.

It's great.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
This french guy in the stream is uber chill

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

MeLKoR posted:

There you have it, linking Ben's "private website" which he himself tweeted a couple of days before is now :siren:doxxing:siren:.

I love the part where they just lie and lie and live.

My account has never - ever - been suspended. A bunch of rear end-clowns, namely Wulf Knight, Kevin Dent, Dolvak et al tried to get it suspended. They failed.

Man, these guys.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret
This is the thread's new theme song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn6mnQfyBNE

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

ManofManyAliases posted:

I am not Toast.

CIG is offering an incentive to buying early: lower price better warranty. They do this because they would rather capture backers earlier. Any company really would offer initial products at a lower price to attract users and subject them more to the company's offerings in order to increase retention.

loving hell man, I've not been speaking up for you only to get the run-of-the-mill CIG sales pitch. At least put some effort in your shilling, entertain us god drat you.

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

Mr.Tophat posted:

DEREK SMART

DEREK SMART

DEREK SMART

Congratulations on your successful summoning.

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

dead

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Milky Moor posted:

also i'm not sure how the characters are spatially related to one and other

vaquero fires a missile which hits hobbes on the port-side but vaquero is able to 'dive' on him and hit him with his guns. however, at the same time, hobbes is able to fire missiles that hit him? were they charging each other head on? why?

Because if you're not moving forward in space, your spaceship wings won't generate spacelift, and you'll fall down and hit the space ground.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

hakimashou posted:

You get some spinach and blanch it in boiling water, then squeeze most of the water out and toss it with some salt and a little soy sauce (or, if you have it, korean salty-soy sauce), a dash of cooking wine, a pinch of sugar, and some sesame oil. It's meant to be kinda salty.

It's great.

Quoted for posterity. Thank you commando!

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Mr.Tophat posted:

The people who have to ration their food because war put the British people at the homefront under strain during the world war with colour

How do you manage to like this, and somehow not be annoying?

You are in the goonzone right now.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

xiansi posted:

How do you manage to like this, and somehow not be annoying?

You are in the goonzone right now.

I try my very best not to refactor

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
if you stare too long into the :justpost: the :justpost: stares into you

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
The soon-to-be-hangar-ready reliant has also been raised in price from $50 to $115.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6583563/#Comment_6583563

edit: nm its only raising in price +$15

A Neurotic Jew fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Apr 20, 2016

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

And I had excellent teachers

I pray you don't figure out which posts I traced

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

DoctorStrangelove posted:

So does this mean we can post our balls again?

Never not post your balls.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Otherwise there might be repercussions for my future posting career in the joke industry

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ZenMaster posted:

Also, Knightwolfe makes an appearance to commemorate fallen hero Wayne "Eagle-1" Howard.

:O

Senor Unsolicited Dick PIck somehow puts out a much better obituary than Ben.

hakimashou posted:

It's great.

This looks extremely delicious.

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom
Is there a signature French dish using spinach? Asking for a friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

A Neurotic Jew posted:

The soon-to-be-hangar-ready reliant has also been raised in price from $50 to $115.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6583563/#Comment_6583563

Only to 65 you fudster, which is total bargain! I'm gonna buy at least six!

• Locked thread