Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Mr.Tophat posted:

Quoted for posterity. Thank you commando!

Spinach tip: steam it like you are being 'healthy', then stir in a good knob of salted butter, then (and this is the magic), a little sprinkle of ground nutmeg.

Why this works? gently caress knows, but it does - spinach & nutmeg are :glomp:

Oh. A new page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
It's a vicious development cycle of empty quoting, just posting, and gently caress YOU SANDI

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

EminusSleepus posted:

Hey Toast I know you are a paralegal or something but don't you put poo poo on the backers saying the push to have more ships in the hangar was backer-led. CIG is the one who did it by selling jpegs after jpegs ever increasing their engineering debt.

They are gonna have a real bad time if they can't successfully shift blame onto nameless, faceless groups and away from valid legal targets

I mean, Chris said that they'll keep working as long as they're amazing fans (who have no equity stake in the company) support them. Pretty obvious who is to blame here

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

xiansi posted:

Spinach tip: steam it like you are being 'healthy', then stir in a good knob of salted butter, then (and this is the magic), a little sprinkle of ground nutmeg.

Why this works? gently caress knows, but it does - spinach & nutmeg are :glomp:

Nice

You are a star

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Fooma posted:

I miss Boocha. Didn't he say one of his regrets leaving was his friendship with Ben? I wonder how much he knew then. I'd love to hear his side of things, especially this IRC thing since he was likely part of some of this in the early days as a die-hard WC fan. :fuzzknot:

It looked a lot like he knew him from way back, possibly from school

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Melkor, I hope your note system can manage with my erratic post development. I chose the eowne engine because my posts should spin you out

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

trucutru posted:

Only to 65 you fudster, which is total bargain! I'm gonna buy at least six!

daammnnnnnn a steal

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

I really need to buy a JPEG, I'm itching, and posting in reddit just aint cutting it

Give me the hard stuff, how do I buy them a pizza, I want a kill a man on livestream

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

I think this is my second favorite one. The names on the Glory Scroll are a great little detail when you know what's happening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkxGynvgvRU

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.

CrazyLoon posted:

The last post or so ITT he made mentioning Ben, was that he was certain beyond a shadow of a doubt that Ben's been lying to him, straight up. So yyyeah, my guess is his side of things isn't too dissimilar with the general one currently shared by most ITT.

I wonder how much Boocha's investment inspired confidence in others to do the same...he could be the whole reason Star Citizen is what it is. :tinfoil:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

I am a trained writer. I know how to just endlessly write until you hear the ding of a typewriter at the end of a sentence. It's pavlovian. Only this time, the reward is backer's tears, CIG shill time, Derek Smart's approval, and the overall wellness that comes from laughing at this entire thing. Something Awful is for jokes. Derek Smart fights for the indie developments. Me? I fight for the jokes.

Except for the ones working at CIG.

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.
Lol if you don't pan fry a steak and saute some fresh spinach, mushrooms, and garlic in steak's loving fat and juices.

Just. lol

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

I am also trained on how to observe a garbage fire and not breathe in the smoke.

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom

Mr.Tophat posted:

I really need to buy a JPEG, I'm itching, and posting in reddit just aint cutting it

Give me the hard stuff, how do I buy them a pizza, I want a kill a man on livestream

http://treatstream.com/

The twitch channel owner has to make an account, but this allows anyone to anonymously buy the streamer a pizza, the site middle-man orders it to them.

Of course the top contributor is "The Force Feeder"

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
derp

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Fooma posted:

The twitch channel owner has to make an account, but this allows anyone to anonymously buy the streamer a pizza, the site middle-man orders it to them.

This is not my kind of erotic evening in, no sir, and if the person's BMI isn't above 0.9, I aint interested

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Sorry, forgive me, realising I am that you are a speaker of French language and as such, let me say, j'mapple Derek Smart, je ne parle un francais, quatorze semaines

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

A Neurotic Jew posted:

daammnnnnnn a steal

I knoooow! And it comes with LTI! * ** *** **** *****

* Game sold separatedly
** Game subject to change
*** Ship subject to change
**** Insurance only covers hull
***** Other insurance prices to be determined

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Sandi mange a departe

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

trucutru posted:

I knoooow! And it comes with LTI! * ** *** **** *****

* Game sold separatedly
** Game subject to change
*** Ship subject to change
**** Insurance only covers hull
***** Other insurance prices to be determined

By God!

It's full of stars!

NO, NOT YOU SANDI

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ManofManyAliases posted:

No one needs to buy a ship. You can earn any ship in-game.

What about limited editions?

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Jobbo_Fett posted:

What about limited editions?

I want limited edition pre-alpha access

That would be neat.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
HEY MOMA HOW DOES THE ECONOMY WORK IN-GAME TIA!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I came back and noticed the newer title and newer thread icon

this is very nice

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

MOMA

JUST KILLED A FUD

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Fooma posted:

also lol the force feeder

That's pretty sith

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Mr.Tophat posted:

MOMA

JUST KILLED A FUD
Put a jpeg to his funds
pulled my refund now it's dones

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

Mr.Tophat posted:

MOMA

JUST KILLED A FUD

put a TOS against his head
shipped an MVP now he's dead

Ghostlight posted:

Put a jpeg to his funds
pulled my refund now it's dones

:hfive:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Ghostlight, I would high five you right now if I could, I could wracking my brain for what the next line could be

I feel immersed

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
I am literally eating spinach at this very moment.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Also movable shape is maybe moving into my heart a bit further and should just post more

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

CrazyLoon posted:

I am literally just posting about spinach, in a bizarre but technically accurate fashion, see thusly

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

CrazyLoon posted:

the words of a shill

:sadwave:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Maybe I should eat some more spinach and throw you off, so you won't know who is the true spinach poster

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Free fly is going great.

Looks like croberts leaked a new enemy art asset.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

I honestly did pretty well last time, I had a nice chat with MOMA and possibly made him concerned, and so we will never see him again

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

MOMA shills had just begun
but now we've gone and sung it all away

also I am totally getting a bibimbap for lunch after all this talk of spinach

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Melkor, when do your notes tell you that I spinach posted today?

I realise that the sentance structure of that previous sentance wasn't the great, but then agrain aeo we eo a wot

Hire me CIG

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

ManofManyAliases posted:

I don't give a poo poo if he does or not. His point was that this thread was originally more open to various viewpoints before it became the circlejerk echo chamber that it had.

The only echoing happening in this thread is from you repeatedly running yourself in circles trying not to ever answer to any reasonable posts made in this thread, taking off for lunches every time someone makes a valid point concerning your claims. What you want is to be able to vomit a load of complete horseshit all over the place and never have to actually answer for it, but you don't seem to have the willpower to stay on your cross long enough to martyr yourself for it. This thread has discussed multiple times in multiple ways the general shittiness of CIG's ship purchasing policies, marking up over time of concepts of products for a game that is in no way close to completion, the changing of advertised concepts while editing the initial concepts after the fact and only addressing the complaints with arrogance and dishonesty, the obfuscation of them being pledges or purchases, and now we have the fact they're still taking money but officially cutting back on features for 'release' (should be a giant warning light). I'm sure sure you can probably check all that out next time you're zipping back through your post-history to delete poo poo again so you can puppet-master some more to try to prove you're a victim of the scathing gaze of people who are tired of you writhing away from your own arguments.

Regardless of whether you're doing it for love or money, your recent responses on those subjects have read like something out of a company playbook and blithely hand-wave everything with "it's all as they said and planned it would be". What they said and what they're doing are poo poo from start to finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Hire me and I'll make all your troubles disappear into the sausage factor to be re-factored into comedy dogfood

• Locked thread