Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Ya, i know, girlfriend's brother is a fuel rat.
I just hate asking for help. I'm weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Tippis posted:

But you can scoop M stars.
Or did you forget a scoop? In that case, that's your problem, not the forgetting to look at the fuel gauge.

I did not. And this one's an L.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Thoatse posted:

u ok commando?

:laffo:

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
Awkward.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

SurfaceDetail posted:

What kind of charges would they be going to jail for? Have they been siphoning cash under the table? Or have they been not paying the VAT over? Being unethical scummy marketers isn't in and of itself illegal. They could be sued of course if the project sinks but that's just money.

standard_example.txt

Jeffrey Skilling was sent up river for 24 years on multiple counts of conspiracy, insider trading, making false statements to auditors, and securities fraud, and was also charged with a bajillion counts of wire fraud, all for having probable knowledge of Andy Fastow's¹ misuse of SPEs to siphon funds from Enron, of misrepresenting Enron earnings and liabilities in their accounting and public statements and for selling off tons of Enron stock just before the collapse.

Kenneth Lay was convicted of six counts of securities and wire fraud, with a total potential jail time of 45 years, all for making false statements about the health of the company and for signing off on deals that he supposedly thought had been cleared with :woof: but which he should have understood were fraudulent.

Some of Skilling's convictions were almost overturned as a result of the Supreme Court struck down previous interpretations of the honest service fraud statute, but the retrial concluded that the conspiracy was evident enough to make the fraud charges stick regardless of any honest service angle to the case. As someone pointed out earlier, wire fraud is a nice and broad charge that applies to just about anything more complex than buying lemonade from school kids.

¹ For comparison, Fastow was facing 78 counts of fraud and conspiracy, and cooperated his way down to 6+2 years by pleading guilty to two counts of wire and securities fraud.

orcinus posted:

I did not. And this one's an L.

Then it's a brown dwarf, not a red one. <insert obvious race stereotyping joke>

Tippis fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Apr 20, 2016

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Crazy Achmed posted:

In other news, I recently found out that one of my flatmates is a Citizen, no idea how deep he's in but I've heard him evangelizing to various people and it's cringeworthy at best, depressingly cult-like at worst. He looked slightly horrified when my response to "so have you heard of star ctizen" was "yes, I laugh at it on a regular basis".

One time I met someone and they asked me if I liked Insane Clown Posse.

I replied with an exasperated "loving magnets..."

There was a lot of anger.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

peter gabriel posted:

<<< Ha ha cool

:eyepop: is anyone else seeing pgabz av in unprecedented fidelity

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Happy Sisyphus posted:

:eyepop: is anyone else seeing pgabz av in unprecedented fidelity

Yes but is it PROCEDURALLY GENERATED???

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Crazy Achmed posted:

In other news, I recently found out that one of my flatmates is a Citizen, no idea how deep he's in but I've heard him evangelizing to various people and it's cringeworthy at best, depressingly cult-like at worst. He looked slightly horrified when my response to "so have you heard of star ctizen" was "yes, I laugh at it on a regular basis".

who wouldnt be horrified to learn that their flatmate was actually derek smart the whole time?

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

i imagine /r/starcitizen experiences the world sort of like the matrix, only random people turn into derek smart instead of elrond from lord of the rings hugo weaving

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

EightAce posted:

he also said that today was the day he would be walking into a federal building ........... with Legal

Haven't seen that french guy on livestream for ages.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Kilmers Elbow posted:

You misunderstand the term. The image is procedurally immersialized when you scroll down to the post. The model itself is crafted.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Tippis posted:

Then it's a brown dwarf, not a red one. <insert obvious race stereotyping joke>

Tomato, kumato...
Give me a break, it was 6am and it's been at least a decade since i've last OBAFGKM'd.

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012
On a universal scale sc is being developed in no time.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SurfaceDetail posted:

What kind of charges would they be going to jail for? Have they been siphoning cash under the table? Or have they been not paying the VAT over? Being unethical scummy marketers isn't in and of itself illegal. They could be sued of course if the project sinks but that's just money.

Look at the shell company shuffling stock swaps that happened in the UK.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Iron Tusk posted:

Look at the shell company shuffling stock swaps that happened in the UK.

God drat it there are still people running around with Eonwe's avatar and confusing me, I thought the dark times were over.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Happy Sisyphus posted:

who wouldnt be horrified to learn that their flatmate was actually derek smart the whole time?

"I have to stop him" the Citizen mutters, clutching his pillow to his chest and staring down at Crazy Achmed's sleeping form.

"I have to stop Derek Smart in this body, before he jumps again..."

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Kilmers Elbow posted:

Yes. The procedure for generating it is very complicated:

1. Reharakhti makes game and posts animation.
2. I cut out and mask frames and post gif.
3. Someone buys avatar.
4. Pgabz shows it off.

orcinus posted:

Tomato, kumato...
Give me a break, it was 6am and it's been at least a decade since i've last OBAFGKM'd.

Fine. And just to be fair, L:s are probably the reddest stars in the game, other than maybe the odd C-star so it would make sense if logic had any place in astronomy. :D

Tippis fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Apr 20, 2016

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Crazy Achmed posted:

Oh no, this particular cat loves his belly rubs. I've never met one like this before, will post photographic proof of belly-rubbiness when I can.

Are the new ships actually being made by CIG or are they still outsourcing that to Malaysia?

Leave a note outside his door that says "The goon Smarties are watching. See you in the 'Verse"

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

TheLastRoboKy posted:

"I have to stop him" the Citizen mutters, clutching his pillow to his chest and staring down at Crazy Achmed's sleeping form.

"I have to stop Derek Smart in this body, before he jumps again..."

:stonk:

that got dark

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012

SurfaceDetail posted:

Using drugs.

Wu Jen
May 22, 2008

Wise man say he who stir shit wind up with smelly finger!

Chalks posted:

God drat it there are still people running around with Eonwe's avatar and confusing me, I thought the dark times were over.

Pssst....Iron Tusk is Eonwe.

Edit: Gratuitous Catte pic

Wu Jen fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Apr 20, 2016

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Wu Jen posted:

Pssst....Iron Tusk is Eonwe.

In our hearts, aren't we all?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Well, customer support is answering one kind of email, at least. Maybe it's because I called them ION Storm.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

hakimashou posted:

If you like spinach you should try a korean dish called sigeumchi namul.

You get some spinach and blanch it in boiling water, then squeeze most of the water out and toss it with some salt and a little soy sauce (or, if you have it, korean salty-soy sauce), a dash of cooking wine, a pinch of sugar, and some sesame oil. It's meant to be kinda salty.

Sprinkle with sesame seeds or sesame seed salt if you have it.

It's great.

that looks super tasty

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Beet Wagon posted:

Well, customer support is answering one kind of email, at least. Maybe it's because I called them ION Storm.

Jesus H. Is this for real?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Beet Wagon posted:

And yet somehow my query about my decade long forum ban is still in their "backlog" since early February. Maybe they're waiting for it to expire.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Chalks posted:

If only Seraph could resell avatars on the grey market.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Chalks posted:

And yet somehow my query about my decade long forum ban is still in their "backlog" since early February. Maybe they're waiting for it to expire.

You are highly unlikely to become a model Citizen and give them more money even if they unban you so why would they bother.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Chalks posted:

It's for your own mental health.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

Ask him if it was assembled by pikeys

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Tortolia posted:

Ask him if it was assembled by pikeys

lol

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

SurfaceDetail posted:

You are highly unlikely to become a model Citizen and give them more money even if they unban you so why would they bother.

I'd genuinely be less irritated by it if they told me to shove it up my rear end, but I've been told by two community managers that they will get around to responding and it's in the backlog. It turns out that at this point, all customer facing staff at CIG have absolutely no problem with lying to your face. I imagine there's no alternative if they want to keep pulling in the retard bucks.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Iron Tusk posted:

If only Seraph could resell avatars on the grey market.

:iceburn:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

Wowzers

That's the twitter racist right?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
lol

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Natron posted:

Jesus H. Is this for real?

Yep, saw it in my email this morning. My CS request went out to them on the 15th.

CabaretVoltaire
Jun 10, 2003
Better than Turin Brakes.
eh didn't that guy just say "pikey"? It means the same thing as chav to most people

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
lmao that door is clearly built using a linear actuator not a garage door opener. Regardless if the parts are cheap, the labor to install it was probably not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4fne59/there_has_been_a_lot_of_discussion_lately_about/

:sad:

• Locked thread