Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartheon
Jun 1, 2014

Help me, Oppan. You're my only hope.

ThornBrain posted:

13-1 is fixed

Not if you use the link from the first post.

EDIT: Now it does.

Cartheon fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Apr 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

--I think you forgot some boots where you got ambushed by the leprechaun. grabbed a potion and left.
--The fifth element is clearly nacho cheese.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Bruceski posted:

--I think you forgot some boots where you got ambushed by the leprechaun. grabbed a potion and left.

Nah I purposefully left them. I'm ignoring plate armor.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer

ThornBrain posted:

13-1 is fixed

Tch, more like Pyramid of Umrear end, am I right?

Cartheon
Jun 1, 2014

Help me, Oppan. You're my only hope.
You got something against the University of Massachusetts? :downswords:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
That desert :allears: It's probably the single most unexpected moment, the most gloriously fiendish curveball I've ever had a game throw at me. It's really a pretty clever design trick.

I mean like, the entire rest of the game is all relatively tight spaces with mostly just a few enemies at a time, and everything about it is just very decidedly not like an ARPG where you just have to mow down legions of enemies.... until you step through that windgate and suddenly it is, and your brain is doing cartwheels trying to figure out the paradigm shift. I wish I could've seen my face when I got there, I just stood there for a couple seconds going "what?? seriously!??" and then I had to pause the game for a moment to sort my poo poo out.

I love this game.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

There's one thing you expect the devs to put into a cemetery. This week we learn to wish that they didn't.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Well to be fair, at least half of those zombies were your fault, Thorn. Stinking grave robber.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
No, no, that's too high.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
This reminds me of the cemetery from the original Mother game.

...but not as terrible.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

If you separate all of the alchemy ingredients into bags of their own as two stacks, will both of the items duplicate if you walk around enough?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Would a vampire farmer gain xp everytime he drank from the other party members or enemies?

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

RareAcumen posted:

If you separate all of the alchemy ingredients into bags of their own as two stacks, will both of the items duplicate if you walk around enough?

Sadly no, the game seems to be able to keep track of all that you have and only adds one more. If you look at previous parts where I had Bloodcaps or Etherweeds in my inventory as well as the sack, it would only add another in the main inventory while the sack would stay the same amount.

Poil posted:

Would a vampire farmer gain xp everytime he drank from the other party members or enemies?

It would be like Leech where you would also lose xp if you tried to drink from the undead.

FYI: Turns out all the book does is add a couple stat buffs during the night and reduce them during the day. Nothing spectacular.

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Apr 11, 2016

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

The time has finally come.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
The monsters from Tremors were Graboids! And they evolved into rear end-blasters.

Seriously, how could you not remember such important information? :colbert:

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Shei-kun posted:

The monsters from Tremors were Graboids! And they evolved into rear end-blasters.

Seriously, how could you not remember such important information? :colbert:

Actually, Shriekers are the second stage of the Graboid life cycle while rear end-blasters were introduced as the third stage in the third movie.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Apr 20, 2016

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
The most important thing to take away from Tremors is that Burt Knows His Bombs.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

EponymousMrYar posted:

The most important thing to take away from Tremors is that Burt Knows His Bombs.

Too bad he doesn't know the power of his anti-tank rifle.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
There was a Tremors 5.

It had Jaime Kennedy in it.

That should tell you about the movie.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Tremors is one of the best things in movie history and everyone who has never even heard of it is a sad, sad philistine. :colbert:

I only ever watched the first sequel, it was pretty fun but I still figured I probably shouldn't bother with the rest.

EDIT: Also, that "step on all the tiles" puzzle in the second video was doing my drat head in, until I grabbed a pencil and outlined the floor plan on some graph paper and just looked at that for a moment.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Apr 20, 2016

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

bman in 2288 posted:

There was a Tremors 5.

It had Jaime Kennedy in it.

That should tell you about the movie.

Just add Jaime Kennedy to a movie sequel and watch the series die forever.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Chimera-gui posted:

Actually, Shriekers are the second stage of the Graboid life cycle while rear end-blasters were introduced as the third stage in the third movie.
Aw poo poo, I've been schooled in nerd lore :smith:

Now I have to turn in my card.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Here's the thing: One of my favorite shows growing up was a behind-the-scenes documentary called Movie Magic on the Discovery Channel which was about movie special effects. And one of the episodes featured the Graboid and more prominently the Shrieker from Tremors.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Final dungeon and boss of the game. Supposedly...

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
Holy poo poo you can outrun the light bridge puzzle in the 3rd floor? There's an easier way to solve it though: with numpad notation, put an item on 6, 4, 1, 2, and 8. It'll do a loop with ample time to cross

Also man I am wicked ready for the final episode goddamn.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
I feel like a couple of these videos both here and in MDK seem to end with Jacob hurting himself somehow.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Those robe snake guys are apparently called Dark Acolytes.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

You should've really looked into Orge Taint's diet because that's not normal in the slightest. He's constantly breaking bones and getting diseases.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Is someone a devotee of Vometia, the goddess of being sick? :barf:

Poil fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Apr 26, 2016

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Apropos of nothing, Jacob's announcer voice is fantastic.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
The hints like "Three III" in the library definitely helped me solve that lever puzzle, once I figured out what the jist was.

Regarding the boss fight phases, I'm pretty sure there were a whole bunch of mimics in the last phase, can't remember what else. There was a LOT of poo poo though.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

That's the main LP complete folks. Look forward to the mod showcase videos and GRD&D!

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
Gotta give you props Thorn, I didn't have the patience across all my play-throughs to grab 100% everything.

Also for those wondering about the turbo secret:
To translate the book, some segments initially have english > "Grimrockian" but you have to freeze each frame to check. The big meat of it comes from the Castle Grimrock tab, since its a 1:1 listing of all the floors there in a cipher. That should give you most of the alphabet, allowing you to grab the notes for HYPERCUBE(tm)

Diskord
Oct 7, 2009
The archmage/crystal/meteor set actually do have complete set effects though! +50 energy/+75 health/100% fire resistance :eng101:

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

ThornBrain posted:

That's the main LP complete folks. Look forward to the mod showcase videos and GRD&D!
That loving thumbnail is cracking me up and I keep imagining the most stupidest leprechaun accent in my head to accompany it.

Great LP guys, was really enjoying this one and Jacob is a welcome great addition to the StrawhatNO, good job everyone :)

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.

FinalGamer posted:

That loving thumbnail is cracking me up and I keep imagining the most stupidest leprechaun accent in my head to accompany it.

Now I'm imagining that Soulja Boy song/dance with that leprechaun accent. Pretty sure that's what he's doing in that thumbnail.

I look forward to the continuing adventures of Failures and Taints.

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Seconding FinalGamer, you guys made this fun. While I would probably be better at this game than professional football, the old school puzzle mechanics and movement are a lot more fun to see done skillfully than bumbling through it myself.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I'm with Jacob, personally--I really like the game, but suck horribly at actually playing it. Mouse + keyboard gaming is not something I have been conditioned to in the slightest. I can barely navigate, much less juggle combat and inventory management simultaneously.

Great LP though. Much obliged, guys.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Belated but highly appreciated piece of Failure of a Son by ChibiWisdom:

As for the thread, the D&D game is probably not going to happen, seeing as there's way too many factors preventing enough of us being together for a game. However I will still try to have the mod showcase. I'll probably just be bringing in other people like Highwang for it though.

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Jun 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thefluffy
Sep 7, 2014
sad. I was hopeing for more content. too bad there isn't many mods for grimrock 2 :(

fake edit: :sad: gives me a trump meme what gives?

• Locked thread