Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best sub
Jimmy Johns
Potbelly
Subway
Firehouse
Penn Station
Quiznos
View Results

• Locked thread
Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

FlimFlam Imam posted:

Hogan's with meat piled high

this looks like a loving pro-tier sandwich that I would like to eat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial
Get that table breaking cheeseburger outta here

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Killer Queen posted:

Jimmy John's has an amazing tuna sandwich. I love it.:newlol:

You love .12 cents worth of starkist tuna thrown on some yoga mat bread?

Pleb tier.

the Italian Store in Lyon Village makes the best subs, accept no substitutes.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
but for reals, Brent's Deli, look at thsi motherfucker

tell me you dont want to dig into that badboi

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
Jaworski meats just outside of Cleveland. It's a butcher shop that makes huge/awesome subz.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Nooner posted:

but for reals, Brent's Deli, look at thsi motherfucker

tell me you dont want to dig into that badboi

not a sub

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
what's with the subway votes, every last one of them has a distinct aroma to them

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ElectricSheep posted:

what's with the subway votes, every last one of them has a distinct aroma to them

thats the smell of fresh bread

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I don't eat at Subway because they make you register as a sex offender after ordering.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Sad to see so little Penn Station love. Their subs are pretty good but did i mention they have fries? Really good fries. I like to put fries on my sandwich when I'm feeling nasty.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Jmcrofts posted:

Sad to see so little Penn Station love. Their subs are pretty good but did i mention they have fries? Really good fries. I like to put fries on my sandwich when I'm feeling nasty.

i dont know what penn station is but is it related to penn state cause faculty and also Joe Pa knew....

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Chinatown posted:

why dont you just eat fresh you idiot!?!?!?

gently caress... PISS

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
penn station sucks as does MSG

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
thats a nyc joke!! :grin:

Olive Mohel
Nov 8, 2006

Life is more than a series of ones and zeroes.
There's this place here called Cheba Hut where every sub is named after a weed thing and they're supposedly good. I guess today would be the day to go. They have Kool-Aid, so I guess that's a weed thing too??

A footlong is called a blunt and there's one with a bunch of pork on it called 5-0.

Olive Mohel fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Apr 20, 2016

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Apparently it's hard to find a penn station outside of the south and midwest, so i guess that's why yall haven't heard of them. But this is all you need to know:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I used to really like Hoagies and Wings and they used to have a place right up the street from me but apparently some dude got murdered there and then they closed it and now the only other one is in like actual LA and im not going to drive all the way into the city for some loving wings and a sandwich, but when they were open here holy poo poo wings and a sub loving great combo and it was only like $8 for combo meal hella good deal

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

upstate NY wegman's is the best, THE BEST, place to get a sub, bar fuckin none

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

the best sub place is an italian deli that is not part of a chain

The only correct answer.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Downercut posted:

There's this place here called Cheba Hut where every sub is named after a weed thing and they're supposedly good. I guess today would be the day to go. They have Kool-Aid, so I guess that's a weed thing too??

A footlong is called a blunt and there's one with a bunch of pork on it called 5-0.

hell yes i ate this all the time in college. they also have rice crispy and other cereal treat bars for sale.

its really loving good and fresh!!!

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Which Wich Ya'll

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
penn station loving owns bones and their fries are so loving good

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
the poll options are all mega bullshit. it's not even a checkbox poll. the gently caress kind of candyass bullshit pisspants poll is this

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
best sub sandwich place is Phil's 1500 Subs. they make their own bread, way better than the loving sawdust you get at big chain shops. they straight-up run out of bread some nights because they're so busy. place owns, deal w/ it

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I like Lee's Sandwiches for a good Bahn Mi but they dont really have them down here in LA, had them everywhere in San Jose I felt like

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014

Chinatown posted:

penn station sucks as does MSG

Yeah but can ya tell me how to get to Carnegie Hall?

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Here in Houston we have a Jimmy John's, Firehouse, and Potbelly's on the same street, all in close proximity. It gives me the strength to continue living.

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe
Krusty Burger

eat fresh

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
LaSpada's in Orlando, Florida. The 12" LaSpada's Famous is the best Italian hoagie I've ever had outside of cities with actual Italian delis, like Philly and New York. Best onion rings, too.

That said, in Philly, the Italian hoagie from Salumeria in the Reading Terminal Market is impossible to beat.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
all of the chains suck but firehouse and subway are especially bad.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Pug Rodeo posted:

Which Wich Ya'll

is trash, sorry

PromethiumX
Mar 5, 2003
The best sandwich places are not and never will be chain restaurants.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
publix has really good subs. it's funny that they easily outdo all of the companies whose main focus is making subs.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

the best sub place is an italian deli that is not part of a chain

End thread

Alternatively, publix.

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe

Applewhite posted:

I don't eat at Subway because they make you register as a sex offender after ordering.

hosed up if not true

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I like Quiznos pretty well far as chain sammich shops go. Can be kinda hard to find them these days so I assume they're not doing too well anymore.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Honky Dong Country posted:

I like Quiznos pretty well far as chain sammich shops go. Can be kinda hard to find them these days so I assume they're not doing too well anymore.

I remember dining at Quiznos at the height of their power and thinking "this is the most garbage sandwich I've ever eaten" so I wouldn't be surprised if they went out of business.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Applewhite posted:

I remember dining at Quiznos at the height of their power and thinking "this is the most garbage sandwich I've ever eaten" so I wouldn't be surprised if they went out of business.

Still better than Subway

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Drad_Bert posted:

Krusty Burger

eat fresh

shut the gently caress up already

dibella's is really good as far as chains go, also wegmans is awesome as gently caress for everything, not just subs. Upstate New York has it p good

free hubcaps fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Apr 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Best place I've had is probably Gioia's in St. Louis. Acoustic Cafe in Eau Claire, WI is pretty legit too.

• Locked thread