Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

Ponzi posted:

Chris will instruct the devs to model every single skin pore, and the sweat beads that come out of each one, as determined by the internal temperature of the character, taking into account realistic variations over the whole surface, due to whatever activity is being performed on a second-by-second basis.

Then he'll decide it doesn't have enough fidelity, and order the simulation to be refactored to start with the blood-flow through every vessel in the body, as determined by the...etc, etc, etc.

It will still end up looking like poo poo, and need a supercomputer to run at more than 3 frames per hour.

:lol:

I thought I was joking.

e: heresacat

Ponzi fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Apr 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

Ponzi posted:

I resent that remark. I had absolutely nothing to do with it.

*deep inhale*

SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIILLLLLL

:siren::holy::siren::gizz::siren:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

his nibs posted:

The speakers of the things are truly a globality of shitpostarility

drat this would have been the best thread title :allears:

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

Looks like the public perception of Star Citizen is pretty bad now. Outside of reddit, the rsi forums and gaming sites only cultists and trolls bother posting on everybody is laughing at it.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

Ponzi posted:

:lol:

I thought I was joking.

I suspect this may be one of the promised features that might not make the cut ....ahem.
'Bought as seen mate , no tire kickers '

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

TTerrible posted:

For those unaware:

Elton Johns husband David Furnish had a threesome with another couple. This is currently the subject of an injuction in the UK so can't be reported, but everyone knows anyway.

EightAce is saying that CR has "[the] elton wig firmly in place" so that would mean Sandi is doing what? and everyone knows anyway?

It has nothing to do with the game and everything to do with their personal lives so it isn't worth being dicks about but I'll permit myself a private loving chuckle if this is true.

:ohdear:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

I am careless. Thank you censorship ghost.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Hey man, with Dynamic Pupils it, like shows, when your commando got in the space weed. You know, the weed on the spaceship farm, in your multispaceship dome thing. That's not in the game yet.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

EightAce posted:

Yes. Deleted that post straight away cos it leads down a rabbit hole that I am part of ...

no worries i shut up. stay safe ghost.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

Woooooaasaaah there ! I was just saying that his hair changes color, topology and aspect ratio on an unervingly regular basis.......

Taps nose with forefinger

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I think he was talking about the Restoration Hardware furniture in his office

Well the word was cig employees brought in furniture from home so this makes perfect sense :grin:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

EightAce posted:

Woooooaasaaah there ! I was just saying that his hair changes color, topology and aspect ratio on an unervingly regular basis.......

Stay safe developer ghost. Whatever we say, whatever we do, we didn't mean it. We want you back for good.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

TTerrible posted:

I am careless. Thank you censorship ghost.

welcome glad of it

his nibs fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Apr 20, 2016

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

EightAce posted:

ee by gum our kid you're all reet

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

i thought she got tired of pegging and wants a good screw?
maybe not though?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

wyoak posted:

i'm not defending it, i'm just saying overpriced furniture is the least of their problems and wouldn't even be an issue if they were a well-run company

You're right, the overpriced furniture is the least of their problems because in a well-run company they wouldn't have overpriced furniture.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

EightAce posted:

<Insert joke about pipelines, refactoring & insinuations about Sandi's vagina>

E: "You might say, Sandi is having her pipeline refactored by top men."

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

EightAce posted:

I suspect this may be one of the promised features that might not make the cut ....ahem.
'Bought as seen mate , no tire kickers '

Literally everything Chris has said is in the plan. It's all on the great rainbow roadmap into the stars

:rory:

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

star citizen seems like it wants to be second life in space

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
latest revelations are just too much if true i will implode with laughter

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

runsamok posted:

<Insert joke about pipelines, refactoring & insinuations about Sandi's vagina>

E: "You might say, Sandi is having her pipeline refactored by top men."

I've been wanting to say "get Sanded" for a while and this is probably the best chance I'll ever have

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Nation posted:

latest revelations are just too much if true i will implode with laughter

Yes, the true cost of that door is unbelievable.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Has CiG actually done anything right in the last 5~6 years development wise?

Or the last 6 months, or whatever the development cycle started.

They got a crymod tech demo out, and made things "hanger ready" , other than that?

The tutorial is still broken for fucks sakes.

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

MeLKoR posted:

You're right, the overpriced furniture is the least of their problems because in a well-run company they wouldn't have overpriced furniture.

Forget the cost, the loving desks aren't height adjustable. This is brazen loving stupidity and definitely was a decision made by somebody who does no actual work

God drat I'm mad about desks :argh:

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

This post is seriously northern (up the arris)

Is that northern? Explain to me the 'arris'.

I remember a very old Only Fools & Horses episode where there was:

arris -> Aristotle -> bottle -> bottle & glass -> arse.

which is so daft it's probably a piss-take of cockney slang, which doesn't work like that anyway, and northerners sure ain't rhyming glass with arse.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lime Tonics posted:

They got a crymod tech demo out, and made things "hanger ready" , other than that?

They have yet to release a single game. Their first game is going to be Squadron 42 and it is a gigantic title that is too big for a first time dev studio that is spread out across 3 studios that are located around the globe.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

Lime Tonics posted:

besides make money off jpegs? not much.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
This thread has spawned more working game projects than the Star Citizen kickstarter.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Comments are pure strain gold

SirWreckedAngle 1 point : 19 minutes ago reply
If you'd like to get an extra 5,000 UEC when you sign up for this cult then use the referral code STAR-CTZN-SCAM

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

xiansi posted:

which doesn't work like that anyway
It does, what's happening to arris there is called a doubling (actually many doublings). People make slang of the slang.

Some doublings become so prevalent people forget the originating phrase. For example, the comparatively mild insult "berk" evolved from "Berkshire Hunt", which is rhyming slang for oval office.

tooterfish fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Apr 20, 2016

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Hi Derek, I'm sure you feel sad about whales not believing you when you say poo poo's hosed, so I decided to make Gil Scott-Heron spin in his grave for you.

An internet warlord warned us "SCAM!"
(But Derek smart's a goon)
Ben L.'s overdosed on ham.
I can't pay my spaceship bill.
Ten years from now, no Idris, still.
Ben made more rape jokes last night.
The new flight model's stinky shite.
I wonder what's with CIG?
I got news they were fooling me.
(From Derek smart, a goon)
Roberts taking my whole drat check,
Leavers making me a nervous wreck,
The price of ships is going up,
An' as if all that poo poo wasn't enough:
An internet warlord warned us "SCAM!"
CIG has gone on the lam.
With all that money they made last year
(Said Derek smart, the goon)
How come there ain't no money here?
(Asked Derek smart, the goon)
Y'know I just about had my fill
(Of Derek smart, the goon)
I think I'll send these spaceship bills,
Airmail special
(to Derek Smart, the goon)

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

xiansi posted:

Is that northern? Explain to me the 'arris'.

I remember a very old Only Fools & Horses episode where there was:

arris -> Aristotle -> bottle -> bottle & glass -> arse.

which is so daft it's probably a piss-take of cockney slang, which doesn't work like that anyway, and northerners sure ain't rhyming glass with arse.

Well I've lived in Rochdale my entire life (The arse of the world) and I swear I've heard people say "arris" it's not rhyming slang and when it's been used it's mostly sarcastic like taking the piss out of one's northerness.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

EightAce posted:

This explains donut gate. Sandi is a feeder. She likes to be the filling in a Lesnick sandwich.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
if crobber is getting cuckled six ways from sunday that should surprise exactly no-one. all you need to do is look at him, look at her, and factor in what is apparent about her personality to even a casual observer.

there were also a couple of vids in the very early days featuring good looking contractors where she was all but drooling at the gash

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Holy poo poo, the faces in this are wonderful.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

alphabettitouretti posted:

This explains donut gate. Sandi is a feeder. She likes to be the filling in a Lesnick sandwich.

This isn't even a fat joke but I really and practically think that anyone would die doing this. Especially someone as small as sandi.

Speaking of.

Sandi, my GILF fetish is very real. Just say the word and I'll hit that like an asteroid hitting the dinosaurs. That's an ELE to look forward to. If it's retarded rambling and arm flailing that gets you hot I can tazer myself in the balls with a mouth full of peanut butter, you know whatever gets you off.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Daztek posted:

The story so far

just... lol

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fat Shat Sings posted:

This isn't even a fat joke but I really and practically think that anyone would die doing this. Especially someone as small as sandi.

Speaking of.

Sandi, my GILF fetish is very real. Just say the word and I'll hit that like an asteroid hitting the dinosaurs. That's an ELE to look forward to. If it's retarded rambling and arm flailing that gets you hot I can tazer myself in the balls with a mouth full of peanut butter, you know whatever gets you off.

please leave. Thank you.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Lladre posted:

Except 40k is eleven years older. I still have the original rule-book. It is chock full of guides to how to build your own speeders from scratch and stuff.
A much more fun and casual approach to gaming than the juggernaut of money separation tactics it is now.
fukken every time :henget:

MeLKoR posted:

trap sprung
:hfive:

Also, good morning thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Friendly Humour posted:

please leave. Thank you.

My posting triples every second