Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Build an Army! Rally in MA and then turn some of those Militia into Continentals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caedar
Dec 28, 2004

Will do there, buddy.

Majumbo posted:

Build an Army! Rally in MA and then turn some of those Militia into Continentals

I agree. But: Friends, companions, patriots, I think it's time to think bigger!

Rally in Conn, Mass, NYC, Savannah, Penn, and Boston; pull in one Militia from NY and one from New Hamp, convert 2 Militia in Mass to another fort, and then convert all but one Militia in Mass to Continentals? Then Persuasion in Conn, New Hamp, and Penn?

This'll leave us with two Forts, four Continentals, and a Militia in Mass: a stronghold indeed, and a good staging ground from which to harass Boston and New York. It'll also only cost us three resources total because of the Persuasion, and leave us in a good position to Rabble Rouse in many places.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

If Patriots are agreed, I'll execute Caedar's play soon.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Militia everywhere, ready to skirmish! Sure, let's do it.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Patriots Rally in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New York City, Savannah, Pennsylvania, and Boston!
Connecticut is now Controlled by the Rebellion!
Savannah is now Neutral!
Pennsylvania is now Controlled by the Rebellion!
Note: You can't move militia and place a fort in the same turn, so I chose to do the Fort in Massachusetts -- please let me know if you would prefer it the other way, Patriots.
A Fort is built in Massachusetts, and all but 1 Militia there train to become Continentals!

The Patriots spend 6 resources; now 2.

Patriots conduct Persuasion in Connecticut, New Hampshire, and Pennsylvania!
A Militia in each space is activated, and Propaganda is spread by Patrick Henry, James Swan, and Oliver Wolcott!
Patriots gain 3 resources; now 5.

The Patriot turn ends, and a new card is drawn.

Current Card:

"We desire you will hear and receive what we have now told you, and that you will open a good ear and listen to what we are now going to say. This is a family quarrel between us and Old England. You Indians are not concerned in it. We don’t wish you to take up the hatchet against the king’s troops. We desire you to remain at home, and not join on either side, but keep the hatchet buried deep."
—The Second Continental Congress, Speech to the Six Nations, July 13, 1775

Upcoming Card:

At the Battle of Moore's Creek Bridge February 27, 1776, Patriot forces defeated the British. The victory ended British authority in North Carolina. Within two months of the American victory, North Carolina became the first colony to vote in favor of independence from Britain.

==> ACTION QUEUE:

Me: Take the Indian turn.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Congress' approval rating among the Indians is very low.

Indians take the Event!

One War Party is placed in Maryland-Delaware.
One War Party is placed in North Carolina.
The final remaining War Party is placed in Northwest.

The Indians go on the War Path in Maryland-Delaware!
The Patriot Militia there is killed!
CRC does not increase for Militia kills.

The Indian turn finishes; French are up.

==> ACTION QUEUE:

French choose:
  • Command, may add Special Activity
  • Pass

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
Well...that's an awkward event to come up. Hey, France, can you pull together enough for a BRILLIANT STROKE next move?

Caedar
Dec 28, 2004

Will do there, buddy.

Davin Valkri posted:

Well...that's an awkward event to come up. Hey, France, can you pull together enough for a BRILLIANT STROKE next move?

It's just one space, so it probably won't be too bad.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Davin Valkri posted:

for our next move? maybe. what's the CBC at? 2? we will be at 14 of our 15 needed to play the TOA without CBC.

Anyway, I vote we do the exact same thing as last turn. FAM to place one continental in New Hampshire, PLG to dump more french troops to available.

Dr. Lunchables fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Apr 21, 2016

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

And now that I look at it, shouldn't the French Prep marker be at 13? There's two British casualties, pushing that marker up a couple notches.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
What about moving a squadron to the West Indies instead? Having blockade ability when France goes to war will be nice.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Lord Frisk posted:

And now that I look at it, shouldn't the French Prep marker be at 13? There's two British casualties, pushing that marker up a couple notches.

You're right, good catch.

French Prep is actually 13.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

COOL CORN posted:

What about moving a squadron to the West Indies instead? Having blockade ability when France goes to war will be nice.

Well, that means two turns before TOA is eligible, however putting French troops in available means we can play it the next time we're up, getting us in the war a turn or two sooner.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Do you have a play, Frenchmen? I'll execute Lord Frisk's play soon, if I don't see any other input (sorry, I didn't notice the edited post from before).

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Yes, I'm with Frisk. We need more boots.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

The French mobilize!
One Continental is placed in New Hampshire.
The French use Préparer la Guerre to move 3 French Regulars to Available; now 14.

French Prep increases to 16; the French may now play the Treaty of Alliance!

NB: I'll give a little bit of lead time in the future on new cards that Pats/French are eligible for, so you guys can choose to use ToA or another trump card if you want. Just yell at me to hold up before I play if you guys want to talk it out first.

The turn ends, and a new card is drawn.

Current Card:

At the Battle of Moore's Creek Bridge February 27, 1776, Patriot forces defeated the British. The victory ended British authority in North Carolina. Within two months of the American victory, North Carolina became the first colony to vote in favor of independence from Britain.

Upcoming Card:

The sinking of the HMS Russian Merchant (a 243-ton British merchant) off the coast of South Carolina lost thousands of muskets that were intended to arm Tories.

==> ACTION QUEUE:

Me: Take the British turn.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

The British choose to March!

Four Regulars and two Tories from New York Colony move to Massachusetts!
Two Regulars and two Tories from Philadelphia move to Massachusetts!
Massachusetts is now Controlled by the British!
The Patriot Militia in Massachusetts is activated!

One Militia and one Tory from Charles Town move to Savannah.
Savannah is now Controlled by the British!

The British spend 2 resources; now 0.

The British apply Naval Pressure!
The British roll 1d3=1 to gain 1 resource; now 1.

The British turn is finished, and play passes to the Patriots.

==> ACTION QUEUE:

Patriots choose:
  • Limited Command
  • Event
  • Pass

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Boy that next event would be nice... Hm... But the Indians could easily block us.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

COOL CORN posted:

Boy that next event would be nice... Hm... But the Indians could easily block us.

Yeah, plus there's a giant doomstack in Massachusetts that could be reversed a bit with the event. I have no idea what to do.

EDIT: Wait, component limit?! We only have 4 militia left?!

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Davin Valkri posted:

EDIT: Wait, component limit?! We only have 4 militia left?!
Yep, there's a hard component limit.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Mass or Boston could be had without any battles and dice involved though.

(The piece limit is why the French were placing Continentals the past two turns)

Caedar
Dec 28, 2004

Will do there, buddy.
I'm for taking the Event to remove every Tory and place 5 Militia: 4 from available and 1 from New Hamp (the active one). We'll then soon be able to make a Continental army to fear.

Caedar fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Apr 24, 2016

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Boston, NYC, or Mass? And if we do Mass, do we remove all Tories for 4 militia or just 2 Tories?

Caedar
Dec 28, 2004

Will do there, buddy.

Davin Valkri posted:

Boston, NYC, or Mass? And if we do Mass, do we remove all Tories for 4 militia or just 2 Tories?

All Tories will get removed. We'll have to place the 4 Militia from available, but from that point on we can choose whether or not to pull Militia from elsewhere.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Final decision, Patriots? I'll execute Caedar's soon if that's agreed.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Play event on Massachusetts, right? Alright, then we can win a straight fight!

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Yeah, let's take the event on Mass.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

The Patriots take the event!

4 Tories in Massachusetts are moved to Available, and 4 Militia are added there!
Component limit! One Militia from New Hampshire is removed from the map and re-placed in Massachusetts!
Massachusetts is now Controlled by the Rebellion!

The turn ends, and a new card is drawn.

Current Card:

The sinking of the HMS Russian Merchant (a 243-ton British merchant) off the coast of South Carolina lost thousands of muskets that were intended to arm Tories.

Upcoming Card:

The Reprisal commanded by Captain Wickes was the first vessel of the Continental navy to arrive in European waters, although probably several privateers preceded her. The Reprisal's prizes taken on the passage over and brought into Nantes were likely the first American captures sent into French ports.

==> ACTION QUEUE:

Me: Take the Indian turn after a brief pause for potential ToA.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Oui, Treaty of Alliance s'il vous plait. We need in on this conflict.

I assume our allies will probably take the next event, considering how helpful it will be for blockading the filthy Brits.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Sure is a lot of new options available after ToA, can someone give me a run-down of how they work?

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Tias posted:

Sure is a lot of new options available after ToA, can someone give me a run-down of how they work?
I was going to type it up, but this player aid does a better job that I could hope to.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/129690/arthurs-aid-faction-overviews-commands-sas-battle

Scroll to page 15 for all the French actions.

Question time: can the "Before TOA" actions be done AFTER the TOA? That is to say, can you still Mobilize squadrons from unavailable to the West Indies after the TOA?

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

COOL CORN posted:

Question time: can the "Before TOA" actions be done AFTER the TOA? That is to say, can you still Mobilize squadrons from unavailable to the West Indies after the TOA?

No, you can no longer do the Before ToA actions after the ToA has been played. However, that doesn't prevent moving squadrons to the West Indies -- you'd just use Préparer la Guerre for that, since it isn't restricted. The only thing the French are prevented from doing after ToA is French Agent Mobilization, which adds Patriot Militia or Continentals.

And Tias, the link Corn posted is probably your best bet (and hey, new version of it :toot:), but for another rundown the French get to, after the ToA:
  • RHeC, as before, to improve Patriot Resources.
  • Muster, to add French Regulars to Rebellion-controlled Colonies or Cities (or the West Indies) from Available, and optionally to build a Patriot Fort
  • March, to consolidate French/Patriot forces in a space (as the Brits did earlier in Mass)
  • Battle, to kill Brit pieces (and probably French/Pat pieces too)
  • Skirmish, to kill pieces without a counterattack
  • Naval Pressure, to increase FNI, which moves one squadron to Blockade a city -- blockading neutralizes the effects of Support for the city, and limits Brit movement to/from the city by sea (this is pretty important, and a good reason to get Squadrons set up ASAP)

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

How do the French gently caress with levels of support?

E: I guess they don't. Hey patriots, get us half of our cumulative victory conditions, ok? We will try really hard to kill the British in the mean time.

Dr. Lunchables fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Apr 27, 2016

Tias
May 25, 2008

Naval Pressure seems to remove support for one city, with the added bonus of denying the brits transportation by sea. Should we do that next?

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Yeah, and Philadelphia's got three connections, so I think we should blockade that. As a general, I think we should blockade a second city, then throw one in the West Indies.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

So how would the French like to use the ToA?

For reference, it states:

"French free Muster and place Rochambeau there. Raise FNI 1 level. Place 3 French and 3 British Regulars first from Unavailable then, if necessary, from Available in West Indies. May trump any Brilliant Stroke. All Factions to Eligible."

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Doesn't all of that just happen?

E: I think we should muster in New Hampshire, blockade Philadelphia

Dr. Lunchables fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Apr 28, 2016

Tias
May 25, 2008

Oui! Muster NH, block Philadelphia.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Sorry about the delay. :eng99:

The French enter the war!

The current event is canceled!

Four Regulars are placed in New Hampshire, and Rochambeau accompanies them.

French may choose to replace 2 French Regulars with a Patriot fort and make Patriots pay 1 Resource.

The West Indies are now in play!
Three French Regulars and three British Regulars are dispatched to the West Indies.

NB: Blockades can't happen and FNI can't increase, because no French squadrons were moved to Available.

The ToA has been signed, and the turn ends. All factions are set to Eligible.

Current Card:

The Reprisal commanded by Captain Wickes was the first vessel of the Continental navy to arrive in European waters, although probably several privateers preceded her. The Reprisal's prizes taken on the passage over and brought into Nantes were likely the first American captures sent into French ports.

Upcoming Card:

The Declaration of Independence lists "repeated injuries and usurpations" against the colonialists on behalf of King George III of Great Britain. The second paragraph concludes, "To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world," before 27 sentences listing various transgressions from tax complaints to forced military conscription. The last of these complaints reads: "He has ...endeavored to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, the merciless Indian savages, whose known rule of warfare is undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions."

==> ACTION QUEUE:
French choose:
  • Command only, no Special Activity
  • Command and Special Activity
  • Event
  • Pass
Also, do the French want to build a Patriot Fort in New Hampshire?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Naa, no fort.

I thought we made fleets available by raising FNI. I must be way off.

• Locked thread