Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

STIMSIS posted:

I'm not getting paid and I actually just paid for my avatar back so this is costing me money.

congratulations on striking the worst of all possible bargains

catte tax, paid for by Wally the cat

alf_pogs fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Apr 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

STIMSIS posted:

The "Vox Day thing" is ONGOING! Derek retweeted Vox Day twice today!!! And Vox Day wrote a blog about Derek's blog. Derek's blog in which he steals a lot of goon valor. People have called me out on that Derek Smart isn't some kind of ring leader. EXACTLY!!! But in his blog, on his private blog, Derek writes about all the hilarious goings-on of SomethingAwful and condenses it without giving proper goon credit. Then Vox Day copies Derek. And Derek retweets Vox Day. Derek Smart is gonna write a book on Star Citizen and Vox Day is gonna get the foreword and goons are gonna get barely a footnote :-(

:wave: Nobody cares

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

STIMSIS posted:

The "Vox Day thing" is ONGOING! Derek retweeted Vox Day twice today!!! And Vox Day wrote a blog about Derek's blog. Derek's blog in which he steals a lot of goon valor. People have called me out on that Derek Smart isn't some kind of ring leader. EXACTLY!!! But in his blog, on his private blog, Derek writes about all the hilarious goings-on of SomethingAwful and condenses it without giving proper goon credit. Then Vox Day copies Derek. And Derek retweets Vox Day. Derek Smart is gonna write a book on Star Citizen and Vox Day is gonna get the foreword and goons are gonna get barely a footnote :-(

:gary:

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

STIMSIS posted:

I'm not getting paid

Wow, the CIG money really is running out

STIMSIS
Feb 27, 2016
Fallen Rib

kingcom posted:

Like I think Smart is a dumb gently caress and don't really care what happens to him. It just happens that CIG is such a collective shitstorm in basically every way and in every step of their process have managed to gently caress things up in new and spectacular ways that we've been brought together to laugh at them. This doesn't make us ignore Smart when he fucks up it just means that CIG is way worse.

I hear you absolutely 1000% on this good buddy. But why allow Derek Smart to steal all your goon valor by being OP of this thread, allowing Derek Smart to write blogs on his personal website where he condenses all the information on this thread BUT WON'T UPDATE THE OP, then retweets

Vox Day's reblog of everything that just happened.

Without nary a mention of SomethingAwful or the rapacious goons!!

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

:gary: :yarg:

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

STIMSIS posted:

uhhhhmmm uhhhhh ahhh uhhhh ummmm

http://youtubedoubler.com/i7id

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

STIMSIS posted:

goon valor

I served with the finest shitposters during the doobie wars o9 friends, o9

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Ben Lesnick posted:

Adolf Hitler said that I'm a member of the master race. #16,574

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015
CitCon 2016 in six months!

:gary::gizz:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

alf_pogs posted:

"stolen goon valor"

It is hard to believe that this person is a troll after spending hours researching and crafting posts. Only to have goons scroll past them and reply with their one liners.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

STIMSIS posted:

goon valor

I've seen things you wouldn't believe.
Eowne's avatar on fire over the shoulder of GBS.
I watched T-poses glitter in the dark near Port Olisar
All those shitposts will be lost in time, like whale funding...in...CIG. Time to parp.

kingcom fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Apr 21, 2016

STIMSIS
Feb 27, 2016
Fallen Rib

alf_pogs posted:

Ben Lesnick posted:
Adolf Hitler said that I'm a member of the master race. #16,574

“The reason SJWs demand apologies is in order to establish that the act they have deemed an offense is publicly recognized as an offense by the offender. The demand for an apology has nothing whatsoever to do with the offender. It is focused on the SJW's need to prove that the violation of the Narrative involved is publicly accepted as a real and legitimate offense for which punishment is merited.”
― Vox Day, SJWs Always Lie: Taking Down the Thought Police

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

STIMSIS posted:

“The reason SJWs demand apologies is in order to establish that the act they have deemed an offense is publicly recognized as an offense by the offender. The demand for an apology has nothing whatsoever to do with the offender. It is focused on the SJW's need to prove that the violation of the Narrative involved is publicly accepted as a real and legitimate offense for which punishment is merited.”

Ben Lesnick posted:

Why are some of these black people grey? #13,588

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Let me tell you, thread, how much I hate cookie-cutter video games that do everything poorly and seek only to fill their coffers with money.

For 8 years now I have been funding this majestic project for a total of 1800+ Dollaroos (Thanks Mexicadian for Donairos or "Bucks") that could've purchased a whopping 30 standard AAA games (or not, because you're, heh, Smart with your money). Why do I fund it, for years on end with no benefit? Because to hell with establishment! I'm using my buckaroos to redefine the face of gaming so that criminal corporations (A.K.A PUBLISHERS) don't steal money away from the people who do actual work!

Triple-AAA titles are the way of the future, and no developer could ever hope to reach such heights when tied down by the man!

At least, that's how I see it...

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

STIMSIS posted:

I don't know, as a Robocop myself I'd say Vox Day's pretty on point with this. It is about changing societies views of what is offensive more than it is about punishing the offender. :shrug:

He thinks that's a problem, I don't.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Let me tell you, thread, how much I hate cookie-cutter video games that do everything poorly and seek only to fill their coffers with money.

For 8 years now I have been funding this majestic project for a total of 1800+ Dollaroos (Thanks Mexicadian for Donairos or "Bucks") that could've purchased a whopping 30 standard AAA games (or not, because you're, heh, Smart with your money). Why do I fund it, for years on end with no benefit? Because to hell with establishment! I'm using my buckaroos to redefine the face of gaming so that criminal corporations (A.K.A PUBLISHERS) don't steal money away from the people who do actual work!

Triple-AAA titles are the way of the future, and no developer could ever hope to reach such heights when tied down by the man!

At least, that's how I see it...

makes sense.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Its me

I am the robocop

STIMSIS
Feb 27, 2016
Fallen Rib
DEREK SMART AND VOX DAY
SITTING IN A TREE
R-A-C-I-S-T HYPOCRISY
FIRST COMES APOLOGIA

D_Smart posted:

^this. That's basically the gist of it.

You see, for as long as I've been around, my upbringing taught me to strive for what I want, what I deserve and what I feel is the right thing. I've never - ever - made my success or failures about race, opportunities or anything of the sort.

I was raised right. And so all I believe that hard work and perseverance go farther than accepting defeat while lamenting the road not traveled.

And that's why I make fun of everyone who takes sides in political, religious debates to the point of pure ridicule. I support women's lib, a woman's right to choose, Free Speech, same sex unions, all races etc, while still knowing that it's ok to have an opinion, even if I don't agree (e.g. even as a non-denominational Christian, I find avid Christians to be patently hilarious when defending a work of pure fiction - The Bible - while trying to get others to buy into it) with them.

I think people get polarized over the most irrational of things. Which is why I tend to troll everybody. No exceptions.

If nothing else, regardless of how people feel about VD, who knows, maybe someone like me going on the show will help bring more clarity to views [of him] that people may have simply distorted over time.

THEN COMES OUTRAGE
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/722135772674007041

THEN COMES VOX DAY WITH A DEREK SMART BLOG-CARRIAGE

STIMSIS
Feb 27, 2016
Fallen Rib

alf_pogs posted:

Ben Lesnick posted:
Why are some of these black people grey? #13,588

“Normal people assume that SJWs are inclined to take on their ideological opponents, people like me. But the truth is that although they certainly don't like those they invariably label “right-wing extremists”, for the most part they leave us alone because we are impervious to their influence. Oh, they will certainly complain about us, take advantage of any tactical missteps on our part, and block us on Twitter, but they very seldom make the sort of concerted effort that one saw in the hounding of Brendan Eich or the metaphorical stoning of Dr. James Watson because they know their efforts will largely be futile. Instead, they prey on the naïve and the unsuspecting. They prey on the moderates, the middle-grounders, and the fence-sitters. They prey on people like you: good, decent individuals who try to treat everyone fairly and who can't even imagine having done anything that anyone could possibly find objectionable. Why? Because soft targets are always easier to destroy than hard ones.”

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

Stimsis do you ever stage 1 man protests outside public buildings?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

STIMSIS posted:

“Normal people assume that SJWs are inclined to take on their ideological opponents, people like me. But the truth is that although they certainly don't like those they invariably label “right-wing extremists”, for the most part they leave us alone because we are impervious to their influence. Oh, they will certainly complain about us, take advantage of any tactical missteps on our part, and block us on Twitter, but they very seldom make the sort of concerted effort that one saw in the hounding of Brendan Eich or the metaphorical stoning of Dr. James Watson because they know their efforts will largely be futile. Instead, they prey on the naïve and the unsuspecting. They prey on the moderates, the middle-grounders, and the fence-sitters. They prey on people like you: good, decent individuals who try to treat everyone fairly and who can't even imagine having done anything that anyone could possibly find objectionable. Why? Because soft targets are always easier to destroy than hard ones.”

Ben Lesnick posted:

Jewish people don't drive busses. They run gold ring making companies and holocaust museums and delis. #19,627

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

STIMSIS posted:

I'm not getting paid and I actually just paid for my avatar back so this is costing me money. BUT I BELIEVE IN A WORLD WITHOUT RACISM, OR SEXISM, OR PEOPLE WHO ARE MEAN TO CHILDREN AND APPLAUD THEIR DEATHS TO PROVE A POLITICAL POINT.

Derek Smart will associate with Vox Day because Vox Day will stroke Derek's ego-cock.
Vox Day in turn does everything that Ben Lesnick does, and worse because Vox Day believes what he writes, Ben's just an idiot.

Derek Smart, here's your expose on Ben Lesnick. When you gonna write one about your internet best-friend Vox Day who applauds the murder of children

https://twitter.com/voxday/status/665307782166384641

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I don't know, as a Robocop myself I'd say Vox Day's pretty on point with this. It is about changing societies views of what is offensive more than it is about punishing the offender. :shrug:

He thinks that's a problem, I don't.

I love Robocops. Everything is always about how "You offend me and thats a form of rape."

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015
Everyone stop saying robocop, thanks

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

moveable shape posted:

Everyone stop saying robocop, thanks

what about judge dredd?

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Derek consorts with known shithead Vox Day?

Cool. Wake me up when Derek is scamming over a hundred million dollars.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

STIMSIS posted:

STIMSIS
Feb 27, 2016
Fallen Rib

alf_pogs posted:

Ben Lesnick posted:
Jewish people don't drive busses. They run gold ring making companies and holocaust museums and delis. #19,627

“In addition to being able to read minds and divine deeply hidden prejudices, SJWs are also walking, talking odioscopes capable of detecting otherwise undetectable hate at microscopic levels of only 15 parts per billion. This refined ability to detect offense is very important for the SJW because it provides him with a ready excuse to go on the attack against almost anyone while wrapping himself in the virtuous cloak of either a) the noble champion of the downtrodden and oppressed or b) the holy and sanctified victim. While the chosen target may not have violated any social norms perceptible to any sane individual, the SJW's infallible hate-detector will always be able to manufacture something that will justify his launching a campaign of socially just retribution against the offender.”

Vox Day is taking all the hard work goons have put into this without crediting your valor. Vox Day gives all the praise to Derek Smart, who didn't even uncover Ben-Ghazi as I have been corrected and told many times that Derek is not the leader. Then why is he protected from his association with child-hating racist scum?

I called out Derek Smart a few days ago on this, GOONS DID IT MONTHS BEFORE, and just today Derek has retweeted Vox Day TWICE!!

Derek Smart is waving his friendship with Vox Day in your faces.

Derek Smart teaches Vox Day's students

D_Smart posted:

No. One was a standard discussion, the other was a webinar for his students.

I already posted both links.

Both were streamed. Doh

I have a local save of both.

You're retarded.

but will Derek Smart update the OP?????

The real reason I want the OP updated is because I want to hear the Ben Lesnick remix again. You know, the whoah eh dip. that someone posted on soundcloud. That really made my day. If there was a proper OP in charge all the funny memes generated throughout this m-m-m-monster thread would be collected for the archive that this goldmine of comedy will surely end up, AND SHOULD END UP, instead of being reblogged by Vox Day!!!

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

STIMSIS posted:

The Sickening and Heartbreaking Truth of this Star Citizen thread is that it's lead by the worst kind of hypocrite, Derek Smart.
The so-called Internet Warlord, Derek Smart, will pal around with anti-SoJuWa bloggers, such as Vox Day:

Post their Anti-SoJuWa book:

[timg]https://i.imgur.com/vsnPhOO.png][/timg]

Now, Derek wants to take part in a faux-SoJuWa campain against a business competitor

Source
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/722135772674007041
Link in Source
http://www.dereksmart.org/forums/topic/star-citizen-extinction-level-event/#post-3097

Not only is Derek Smart offended by Ben-Ghazi, have you heard what Ray Roocraft (Customer Support Manager @ Foundry 42 UK) has said?

Source
http://www.dereksmart.org/forums/topic/star-citizen-extinction-level-event/#post-3098
Link in Source

UPDATE3: Then on 16-04-18, this slur (1,2) ended up in the feed of yet another CS personnel over in the UK. The Tweet was subsequnetly deleted.

Yes, that's him in the motel room
tweeting his own blog about how when Ben Lesnick and Ray Roocroft say racist things it's wrong, but Vox Day needs to be approached open-mindedly.

Vox Day wrote this

https://twitter.com/voxday/status/665307782166384641

Ben Lesnick wrote that:

Vox Day applauded real children being murdered and it was to prove a political point. Ben Lesnick wrote he wants to hurt children because he's a sad lonely man, but Derek is playing us all for sad lonely fools if he thinks he can get us to attack on principals he himself doesn't even believe in!

The shameful cowardice on display by all the Sharties who will not call out their idol for his association with child hating racist scum, such as Vox Day, then want to tear apart Ben Lesnick

because of his child-hating racism... ALL OF THIS IS BAD; CAN YOU SEE????!!!!!!!!

LET US TRANSCEND THE RETARDED COIN1 and SAVE PC GAMING!

LET'S TAKE OUT DEREK SMART AND CHRIS ROBERTS IN ONE FOUL SWOOP!!

STIMSIS FOR OP!!!

This was an even bigger waste of backer money than RH furniture.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Hey Stimsis just wondering if this is all in an attempt to get a few good quotes out of us to support CR's idea that this all a GG plot to undo the game.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

STIMSIS posted:

Derek Smart is waving his friendship with Vox Day in your faces.

nah man you are

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
I'm convinced.

Derek I demand you immediately resign your position as King community manager mod for the eleventy billion dollar Indiegokickpatreoner campaign something awful forum thingy power stuff.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

STIMSIS posted:

I hear you absolutely 1000% on this good buddy. But why allow Derek Smart to steal all your goon valor by being OP of this thread, allowing Derek Smart to write blogs on his personal website where he condenses all the information on this thread BUT WON'T UPDATE THE OP

Without nary a mention of SomethingAwful or the rapacious goons!!

i am ashamed to have fallen for yet another troll

you guys get me every time, noone could actually be this person

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Jon Do posted:

i am ashamed to have fallen for yet another troll

you guys get me every time, noone could actually be this person

ehhh, i don't think it's a troll this time.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I find Stimsis rather confusing

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

Goobs posted:

what about judge dredd?

I liked the new Dredd so okay :minnie:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STIMSIS
Feb 27, 2016
Fallen Rib

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Hey Stimsis just wondering if this is all in an attempt to get a few good quotes out of us to support CR's idea that this all a GG plot to undo the game.

I don't work for CIG.
I'm not a fan of anyone at CIG, not even Lando.

Derek Smart just makes me angry because one day he hangs out with Vox Day and is all-like let's be open-minded and not give time of day to SoJuWa tactics.

Then the next he's employing SoJuWa tactics against Ben Lesnick.

If Derek Smart is honestly offended or upset or finds with Ben Lesnick wrote to be funny, why can't he have the same fun with Vox Day?

Derek Smart treats Vox Day with respect

D_Smart posted:

So much drama. Most forget that he has been in the game dev industry for as long as it was actually called an "industry"

https://twitter.com/voxday/status/663050676398895104

botany posted:

because you're giving the racist, woman hating shithead a platform to feel relevant. hows this even remotely difficult to understand.

D_Smart posted:

I disagree. And it's HIS platform. I got invited.

D_Smart posted:

No I won't because it has NOTHING to do with GAMING. Vox Day (it's a pseudonym btw) is a notable game designer who has also written (1, 2) about this Star Citizen issue. And he goes way back to the roots of the industry. Big difference.

D_Smart posted:

^this. That's basically the gist of it.

You see, for as long as I've been around, my upbringing taught me to strive for what I want, what I deserve and what I feel is the right thing. I've never - ever - made my success or failures about race, opportunities or anything of the sort.

I was raised right. And so all I believe that hard work and perseverance go farther than accepting defeat while lamenting the road not traveled.

And that's why I make fun of everyone who takes sides in political, religious debates to the point of pure ridicule. I support women's lib, a woman's right to choose, Free Speech, same sex unions, all races etc, while still knowing that it's ok to have an opinion, even if I don't agree (e.g. even as a non-denominational Christian, I find avid Christians to be patently hilarious when defending a work of pure fiction - The Bible - while trying to get others to buy into it) with them.

I think people get polarized over the most irrational of things. Which is why I tend to troll everybody. No exceptions.

If nothing else, regardless of how people feel about VD, who knows, maybe someone like me going on the show will help bring more clarity to views [of him] that people may have simply distorted over time.

but then Derek has the audacity to retweet an ethnic slur made by CIG, then to bother to included footnotes with it!!!!

Source
http://www.dereksmart.org/forums/topic/star-citizen-extinction-level-event/#post-3098
Link in Source

• Locked thread