Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
ahh i see you have been avatared busb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
yeah i got an ouya av a while back

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

busb posted:

yeah i got an ouya av a while back

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Cool new avs yall

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hey, we still need one more for Musical Mini Mafia. All that's left is a Bollywood film (but it's a good one (it's my favorite))

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Murmur Twin posted:

I love cover letters, I have a 100% success rate getting called back for interviews when I've made the effort to personalize why I think I should be hired. I feel like resumes don't really tell an employer about what type of employee they'd be.

this is a truthpost, cover letters are incredibly useful and awesome

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Amoeba102 posted:

Most boring character option possible. You're playing a fantasy game. You could be a human warrior in real life if you wanted to. Just ask Keane.

My old mains both times I played before were orc warriors so I wanted to mix it up :smith:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I embrace our new avatar overlords :allears:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Embrace Token Female and I's new game, and join! We have one spot left.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Should try a different class maybe. Healers are good and fun.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Amoeba102 posted:

Should try a different class maybe. Healers are good and fun.

I only got the starter edition and have to make it last until I get paid next Monday so I imagine I'll try out other race/class combos before then

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
If you want a WoW-esque game that is good play FFXIV

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Fair enough. Tauren Druid imo.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Kashuno posted:

If you want a WoW-esque game that is good play FFXIV

This is correct, especially for trying out all the classes, but the real answer is: don't play any of them.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

DuckHuntDog posted:

don't play any of them.

:yeah:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
don'ta

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I think I am going to play pokemon all day.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
BTW I've had a lot of conversations about it in at least one observer doc lately - maybe two - and I'm ready to start voting out lurkers more aggressively in the early days of games. Expect to see that from me when I start signing up for things again.

I encourage others to do the same.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Asiina posted:

I don't mind them for jobs because it lets you give context to a series of point forms on your CV, but cover letters for publications are just so pointless if you don't have a preference for reviewer. I can check a box saying I haven't submitted it anywhere else. I've already classified it into keywords so I've shown that I know why I'm submitting it to your journal. Why do I have to write this thing?

Don't forget the usual "I agree to pay usurious amounts for my black and white figure even though this journal is primarily online now and not printed anymore."

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Podima posted:

BTW I've had a lot of conversations about it in at least one observer doc lately - maybe two - and I'm ready to start voting out lurkers more aggressively in the early days of games. Expect to see that from me when I start signing up for things again.

I would like this a lot because the game is a lot more fun and hella less frustrating when everyone left will participate. Even in our mason doc, friction expressed how he didn't really care anymore because of the lurking.

also I'm gonna try and be much more chill since apparently I'm getting too aggressive and I am not an aggressive person :shobon:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i agree with the anti-lurker sentiment

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I don't know, Kash, your odor is pretty confrontional.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

I don't know, Kash, your odor is pretty confrontional.

My scent does threaten the unclean

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Podima posted:

I can get behind this.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Dark Souls Mafia needs 2 more come on folks

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Kashuno posted:

My scent does threaten the unclean

I agreed, even the unwashed cower in fear of it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Nah, come join Musical Mini Mafia instead, we just need one more.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Max posted:

Nah, come join Musical Mini Mafia instead, we just need one more.

:agreed:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Re: everyone nodding heads to what I said about lurkers - we've all clearly agreed that lurkers are bad on many occasions, but I'm just documenting that I'm going to put up rather than shut up about it and encourage others to do the same. Lurker lynches have actually been criticized when it comes down to it in games on the forums, and I think it's time to change that attitude.

Yes, it might lose games in the short term, but the effect on the community will be significant in the longer term. Also, I have a hard time believing that a lurker lynch is actually a worse call than most day 1 lynches based on the scum propensity to lurk.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

also I'm gonna try and be much more chill since apparently I'm getting too aggressive and I am not an aggressive person :shobon:

Thank you for taking the feedback in the spirit it was intended!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kumbamontu posted:

games are funner when you pressure the lurkers to post, and kill them if they wont

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

JakeP posted:

games are funner when you pressure the lurkers to post, and kill them if they wont

such as, via thunderdome powers

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
thunderdome encourages other people to NOT post though especially D1

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kumbamontu posted:

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Kumbamontu posted:

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
What's thunderdome?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
an ability that typically limits the possible lynch targets to 2 people, usually the person instigating the thunderdome and their target of choice

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
i'm tired leave me alone

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Kumbamontu posted:

Yeah, in the latest el dorado game I just didn't bother posting much on D1 since the thunderdome happened so quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Posting little d1, or on any singular day for that matter, isn't lurking

All you'll get are mislynches with that lack of distinction