Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

My sister wears a mustache, my brother wears a dress, goodness gracious that's why I'm a mess!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Musical confession time: At the very best, I am apathetic toward Souh Pacific and West Side Story.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CCKeane posted:

Musical confession time: At the very best, I am apathetic toward Souh Pacific and West Side Story.

I've never seen either.

Musicals pig has seen

Phantom of the Opera (Live and on the tv)
Lion King (live)
Sweeney Todd(Live and the Johnny Depp version)
Cannibal The Musical(lol)
Rent (on the TV)

I liked them all, if I have seen any others they did not stand out enough for me to remember it.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Team America also counts as a musical

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

CapitalistPig posted:

I KNOW!

I was so hoping for something cool but all I got was vanilla town.

But no, I literally, in real life, have never seen a musical I did not enjoy.

I mean granted I could probably count on one hand the musicals i've seen...

I'm a musical about two gangs dancefighting and I'm a VT too :(

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kumbamontu posted:

Team America also counts as a musical

Never saw it.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
You should rectify that immediately

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kumbamontu posted:

You should rectify that immediately

I will add it to my list of hundreds of other tv shows and movies people tell me I have to watch. There is a HUGE backlog right now.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
what is currently at the top of your list

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Oh god I hate Rent.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Musical confession two: I am a terrible singer, but in college I sometimes got parts because I am a bass and the one other bass in my club usually sang Bari.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kumbamontu posted:

what is currently at the top of your list

It isn't a lst like that per se, like it isn't a normal list that is in a numbered or legible format. It is more of a tenuous whatever I remember people want me to wqatch when I am currently out of shows or movies. I have like 6 shows I am currently watching right now. BUT if I feel like a movie soone I'll throw Team America on. I'll even write it down on my scribblin' pad so I have it right there when I feel like watching a movie.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

CCKeane posted:

Oh god I hate Rent.

Holy poo poo yes. The music is not good and that dumb story is just the worst. WHAT DO YOU MEAN WE CAN'T SQUAT IN THIS BUILDING RENT-FREE!? DOWN WITH THE MAN! :argh:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

tpink posted:

Holy poo poo yes. The music is not good and that dumb story is just the worst. WHAT DO YOU MEAN WE CAN'T SQUAT IN THIS BUILDING RENT-FREE!? DOWN WITH THE MAN! :argh:

:shrug: I liked it.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

CCKeane posted:

Musical confession two: I am a terrible singer, but in college I sometimes got parts because I am a bass and the one other bass in my club usually sang Bari.

Is this why you like Confrontation? Javert's part is bass? Or is it baritone?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CCKeane posted:

Oh god I hate Rent.

same

west side story is fun though, but primarily because my dad would play his cassette in the truck driving back and forth from our family farm to his house in Miami and we'd sing along to America.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

CapitalistPig posted:

It isn't a lst like that per se, like it isn't a normal list that is in a numbered or legible format. It is more of a tenuous whatever I remember people want me to wqatch when I am currently out of shows or movies. I have like 6 shows I am currently watching right now. BUT if I feel like a movie soone I'll throw Team America on. I'll even write it down on my scribblin' pad so I have it right there when I feel like watching a movie.

i have a similar thing in my head

I am currently watching S2 of Kimmy, S3 of Maron, S7 of Parks & Rec, S4 of Bob's Burgers and whatever the most recent season of Archer added to Netflix is. I think 30 Rock will be next as I've never finished it.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
The only thing I know about Rent is that 525,600 minutes song

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Ok, I'll give you "Seasons of Love," because that song is good. But everything else about that show can go blow.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
La Boheme is way better, if you're into opera.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Kumbamontu posted:

The only thing I know about Rent is that 525,600 minutes song

Yeah, that's that Seasons of Love song. It's alright.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

tpink posted:

Is this why you like Confrontation? Javert's part is bass? Or is it baritone?

Haha you are greatly overstating my singing ability.

I was more in the line of "sings that one deep line in the opening song and bounces for the rest of the show"

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Confirming!

kaschei posted:

I have only seen one musical live so the best musical is probably the book of Mormon

I'm not a musical person but saw the Book of Mormon at the beginning of this year and absolutely loved it. :hf:

Other than that I think I've seen Cats, Peter Pan, and Starlight Express, but all of those were 20+ years ago.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kumbamontu posted:

i have a similar thing in my head

I am currently watching S2 of Kimmy, S3 of Maron, S7 of Parks & Rec, S4 of Bob's Burgers and whatever the most recent season of Archer added to Netflix is. I think 30 Rock will be next as I've never finished it.

Currently I am watching Fear the walking dead , and starting this sunday Game of thrones is back, i'm also catching up on limitless, lucifer, and supernatural as well as 4 wrestling shows a week plus pay per views when they happen so I don't often have time for new stuff.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

CCKeane posted:

Oh god I hate Rent.

Well yeah if I lived in a city where a studio apartment cost $2000/month I'd hate it too.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

tpink posted:

Yeah, that's that Seasons of Love song. It's alright.

Agreed, Seasons of Love has great music and is clever and insightful lyrically.

Ughhhh I'm thinking about the son Light My Candle and I'm getting mad.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

EccoRaven posted:

same

west side story is fun though, but primarily because my dad would play his cassette in the truck driving back and forth from our family farm to his house in Miami and we'd sing along to America.

I owned the West Side Story soundtrack as both a cassette and a CD back when I was a kid, and let me tell you I listened to that poo poo all the time.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
So while I am greatly enjoying all this musical chat, at some point we are going to have to start voting. On D1, I am inclined to give everyone who's been talking musicals a pass because if you love musicals you have love in your heart and can't possibly be scum. :sissies:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Murmur Twin posted:

Well yeah if I lived in a city where a studio apartment cost $2000/month I'd hate it too.

I sleep in a closet for a grand a month weeeee

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

tpink posted:

So while I am greatly enjoying all this musical chat, at some point we are going to have to start voting. On D1, I am inclined to give everyone who's been talking musicals a pass because if you love musicals you have love in your heart and can't possibly be scum. :sissies:

Oh yeah! lol the game has started!

##vote CCKeane

because he is always scum.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

CCKeane posted:

Agreed, Seasons of Love has great music and is clever and insightful lyrically.

Ughhhh I'm thinking about the son Light My Candle and I'm getting mad.

LOL those loving lyrics. I CAN'T.

quote:

[Mimi]
Our eyes'll adjust, thank God for the moon

[Roger]
Maybe it's not the moon at all
I hear Spike Lee's shooting down the street

[Mimi]
Bah humbug.

BRILLIANT.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

tpink posted:

LOL those loving lyrics. I CAN'T.

BRILLIANT.

lol ok so mayyyybe I wasn't paying full attention during the musical and was focused on other stuff. but TECHNICALLY I watched and enjoyed it.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Hmm, the votefinder shows me as having already voted for Kumbamontu, which I didn't. Just to be safe:

##unvote

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
that's me voting for you you dingus

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kumbamontu posted:

that's me voting for you you dingus

Oh my god, priceless.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Holy cow. I can't read. :downs:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

tpink posted:

Holy cow. I can't read. :downs:

maybe cats is the best musical for you

also who does two spaces after a period still? what is this 1946?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I do it out of habit but doesn't the forum automatically squish the two spaces into one?? It used to IIRC

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

EccoRaven posted:

maybe cats is the best musical for you

also who does two spaces after a period still? what is this 1946?

I can't read, I can't space properly......THIS GAME IS A DISASTER.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Kumbamontu posted:

I do it out of habit but doesn't the forum automatically squish the two spaces into one?? It used to IIRC

it does it when presenting it but you can see the original formatting when you quote a post.

• Locked thread