Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

NitroSpazzz posted:

Before moving south I did several track days with snow on the ground and a cold wet track. Just take your time warming up tires, brakes and keep in mind the racing line will get dry/hot a lot faster than the surrounding and it isn't too bad. Did make me regret pulling the heather core. poo poo most of the RA spring/fall races we've done have had race start below freezing and light snow.

It a much shittier feeling on a bike, would not recommend.

It was pretty scary in the Stingray too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the poi
Oct 24, 2004

turbo volvo, wooooo!
Grimey Drawer

Phone posted:

Congrats on getting on the front page of Jalopnik.

Ya that was pretty cool :coal:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I want to let you know that the comments said that you're basically worse than 10 Hitlers because you put everyone's lives at risk with your cracked windshield and also how it reflects the quality of work you may or may not have done on your car. Because faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009

Phone posted:

I want to let you know that the comments said that you're basically worse than 10 Hitlers because you put everyone's lives at risk with your cracked windshield and also how it reflects the quality of work you may or may not have done on your car. Because faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart

Doesn't that go without saying on any Gawker site?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Comments on any auto site are always terrible. Never read them.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

Phone posted:

My favorite so far has been the wheel debate. Dozens of people spurting "MUST HAVE BEEN FAKES" or "AND THIS IS WHY I DON'T RUN CRAP WHEELS". I just have the oddest feeling that half these people don't have cars and the other half have never seen a track outside of a parade lap or two.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
The F14s on the product page are like EVERY WHEEL IS PRECISELY POWDER COATED FOR MAXIMUM STANCE and if you know the smallest bit of material science, that should be good enough for you to go "eh, probably a metallurgy thing" and leave it at that.

But it's the Internet and everyone's opinion is just as important as everyone else's, so it's a conspiracy theory. I mean, it's obvious that the poi is an awful driver who doesn't drive good and probably bought fake wheels, I've never ever seen a wheel failure like this before and my uncle works at nintendo Enkei.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Guess I'm double-checking my spokes next month :stare:

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I cracked an RPF1 leaving the track sideways over some fairly agressive ripple strips. Was going to get it fixed for my next track day but I think its probably best to relegate it to a life street use.

Then again my Buddy Clubs are probably 15+ years old and have seen an unknown amount of track time before I bought them.

poo poo.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127826&page=2

This Terry guy at Vorslag seems like a bit of a douchebag.

So, you blew a shock therefore you break everything. Not like these are wear items or anything.

You had an off, because you know... you track your car and that happens. Therefore you break everything.

General Ad-Hom BS about you not being the fastest car evar.

Your wheels were from 2014, therefore you are clearly lying about how many days you have on them... even though he also uses the argument that you're slow which is usually an experience issue.

Megalol on the complaints about curb crashing.

Of course you're angle was completely to burn Forgestar and blah blah shooting for an angle blah blah even though you freely admit in the comment of your video that you were lazy as gently caress about checking for cracks.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I was trying to figure out the angle on the tryhard, and then he mentioned his business.

What a charlatan.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

FatCow posted:

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127826&page=2

This Terry guy at Vorslag seems like a bit of a douchebag.

So, you blew a shock therefore you break everything. Not like these are wear items or anything.

You had an off, because you know... you track your car and that happens. Therefore you break everything.

General Ad-Hom BS about you not being the fastest car evar.

Your wheels were from 2014, therefore you are clearly lying about how many days you have on them... even though he also uses the argument that you're slow which is usually an experience issue.

Megalol on the complaints about curb crashing.

Of course you're angle was completely to burn Forgestar and blah blah shooting for an angle blah blah even though you freely admit in the comment of your video that you were lazy as gently caress about checking for cracks.

I've been following Vorshlag on Facebooks for a while for some reason or another (I think I was considering building some Ohlins setup at one point), and this is enough for me to not anymore. He sounds a lot like Buschur in his big talk internet days. Which is to say hyper defensive and to come off as knowing absolutely everything.

Vorshlag is a seller of Forgestar wheels. He's going to hop up and down to make sure his current stock is still moving.

It's dudes like this who make me not really miss "car people."

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Also his final comment is, well if he'd inspected them they wouldn't have broken. No poo poo. Wouldn't have meant he still wouldn't be out a set of wheels.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
All lightweight alloy wheels will eventually fail under track use. 14 days is a fairly short, but I'm expecting to have to replace my 6ULs any time now.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
Ugh, wow. Terry definitely does have some knowledge but that post is just full on douchebaggery and completely unnecessary. It's full of stupid personal attacks and just convinced me not to buy their stuff ever again.

I remember when I posted about one of their camber plates rusting and a whole internet forum jumped down my throat and claimed I was winter driving it/sea air/etc. A day later I took a pic of the other side that was shiny, turns out they never plated the one that rusted.

Crustashio fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Apr 15, 2016

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

FatCow posted:

All lightweight alloy wheels will eventually fail under track use. 14 days is a fairly short, but I'm expecting to have to replace my 6ULs any time now.

14 days is extremrly short. That's like a season for some people.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Wow, Terry Fair sure is being a whiny dickbag.

the poi
Oct 24, 2004

turbo volvo, wooooo!
Grimey Drawer
He has a pretty good point about the suspension possibly bottoming! He's mean, though.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
Pro tip, make sure your transmission drain plug is tight so it doesn't back out and dump the fluid and blow the transmission on the parade lap.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

the poi posted:

He has a pretty good point about the suspension possibly bottoming! He's mean, though.

He also has a pretty good point about how terrible you are for getting passed on the straights by a car with 200 more horsepower than yours. It has 4 doors!

Savington
Apr 9, 2007
I'm not Stinkmeister, this title is here so waar can tell the difference between Stinkmeister and myself in mafia games.

FatCow posted:

14 days is a fairly short, but I'm expecting to have to replace my 6ULs any time now.

I have three 15x9 Gen1 6ULs that have been in continuous race service since ~2008. They were Emilio's personal race wheels before I got them. The fourth one fell casualty to a rear hub failure a couple of years ago, but the three remaining wheels live on. I will probably retire them soon, but good wheels aren't expected to break.

the poi
Oct 24, 2004

turbo volvo, wooooo!
Grimey Drawer

Ether Frenzy posted:

He also has a pretty good point about how terrible you are for getting passed on the straights by a car with 200 more horsepower than yours. It has 4 doors!

I had to look it up because I was curious--it actually has 270 more. My car doesn't even make that much in the first place : /

Most recent development is that Forgestar apparently made the spokes thicker at some point on the 17", but are still evidently shipping both versions? One of the S2000 guys ordered two sets at the same time and got one of each! I updated my s2ki thread with more Asperger's: http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/1072676-forgestar-f14-17x10-data-thread/

nollij
Aug 30, 2006

Wait, wait, wait...

When did this happen?!?
Hmmmm.... Certainly pushing me towards CCW Corsairs for 18x11.5/12s.

Here I was all "if they are working on a pig of a mustang on 335 A7s..."

Granted I could buy two sets of Forgestars for one set of CCWs.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

the poi posted:

I had to look it up because I was curious--it actually has 270 more. My car doesn't even make that much in the first place : /

Most recent development is that Forgestar apparently made the spokes thicker at some point on the 17", but are still evidently shipping both versions? One of the S2000 guys ordered two sets at the same time and got one of each! I updated my s2ki thread with more Asperger's: http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/1072676-forgestar-f14-17x10-data-thread/

Yeah, the fact the rest of that forum can't identify that a AMG C63 will be neck and neck with their own cars on any 0-60 run (and probably outpace it rather easily to 140) is kind of shameful, and reading chuckleheads fellate and whiteknight this dude reminds me just how terrible most automotive forums that aren't here are.

Pretty interesting that as a result of this unintended line of research you've undertaken, you've discovered there's two different castings now.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Ether Frenzy posted:

Yeah, the fact the rest of that forum can't identify that a AMG C63 will be neck and neck with their own cars on any 0-60 run (and probably outpace it rather easily to 140) is kind of shameful, and reading chuckleheads fellate and whiteknight this dude reminds me just how terrible most automotive forums that aren't here are.

This is loving hilarious. I want to buy an E63 AMG wagon and troll mustangs on the track.

Not that I probably would have, but definitely not buying anything from vorshlag. This really tells you everything you need to know about the people who run it.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Aren't the x63 cars twin turbo V12s with like 600 something horsepower and a torque curve that looks like a mesa?
They SHOULD be neck and neck with just about anything. Because wtf.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

ilkhan posted:

Aren't the x63 cars twin turbo V12s with like 600 something horsepower and a torque curve that looks like a mesa?
They SHOULD be neck and neck with just about anything. Because wtf.

TT v8s, but yeah. They're fast as gently caress.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

nm posted:

TT v8s, but yeah. They're fast as gently caress.
What am I thinking of then? x65 was V12 and x63 was TT V8?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

ilkhan posted:

Yuppp.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

ilkhan posted:

And just to mess with you earlier x63s were NA v8s (though they also made huge power. A bucket list car for me is an NA RWD E63 AMG wagon)

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002

Savington posted:

I have three 15x9 Gen1 6ULs that have been in continuous race service since ~2008. They were Emilio's personal race wheels before I got them. The fourth one fell casualty to a rear hub failure a couple of years ago, but the three remaining wheels live on. I will probably retire them soon, but good wheels aren't expected to break.

They are gen IIs, I expect them to be bent more than actually cracked. The new FIA curbing at VIR is rough. :(

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
Has anyone used Zamp helmets? I need to get off my rear end and get a 2015 helmet. Looking for something in the general price range as this and has options for forced air. As far as I understand it they are owned by Bell.

http://www.zamp-racing.com/rz44cair.html

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people
I have a 2010 ZAMP. I like it pretty well for a discount helmet. The foam sealing around the visor is falling apart on mine now. I can t complain for the money. Through my next helmet will have a removable liner so I can wash it after rallycross.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Going to the NHRA 4 wide in Charlotte NC on Saturday. Should be awesome to watch 9000+ HP tear down the strip 4 wide.

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people
I went last year. My favorite place to watch was near the end of the track. The speed was unbelievable.

ionn
Jan 23, 2004

Din morsa.
Grimey Drawer

Just did the first lap around the Nürburgring in my MX-5, and my first ever lap around here in the wet. The surface here gets ridiculously slippery when wet (more so than just about any other track I've been on), and it was rather challenging. Kept it on the track, but just barely. Will wait until it dries up a bit before having another go at it.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

NitroSpazzz posted:

We'll be there with the E30 vert/pickup, that's our first race of the season. You're more than welcome to hang out with us and we can always use another pit bitch.

I'm doing the Slowpokes event on Friday, and I bought a hotel for Fri/Sat nights, so I'll be there all weekend. We'll be in touch.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

ColdPie posted:

I'm doing the Slowpokes event on Friday, and I bought a hotel for Fri/Sat nights, so I'll be there all weekend. We'll be in touch.

:hfive: We usually roll in pretty early and this is first race of the year so we'll be extra early for annual tech

BossTweed
Apr 9, 2001

Doctor Rope
I noticed a bunch of Chumpcar related posts here. Anyone do Lemons any more? I'm doing the South Carolina race this weekend with our Volvo V70 and I hope to get more laps completed than the 40 we did at Barber earlier this year before we blew the head gasket.

BossTweed fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Apr 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I have a team in NC. Our poo poo got kicked in and we're getting it fixed. Depending on how Chump goes, we might be shopping around for a new series.

If you haven't been there, CMP is brutal on brakes.