Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

If the over-the-clothes bandaging gets removed, I will be very upset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

AradoBalanga posted:

I hope they double down on it and start sneaking bandages onto other characters. Irons' corpse gets patched up when you leave the room, Zombie Brad has a head cast, Sherry's got one of those dog-cone things when you find her in the dump, Blob-kin's got a stray tentacle in a sling, etc

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I'm really hoping for some kind of recurring gag about how nobody ever listens to Leon

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
One of the unlockable extras is a button where you can make Leon look into the camera like he's on "The Office" at any time, including during cutscenes.

Even cutscenes he isn't in.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I'm really hoping for some kind of recurring gag about how nobody ever listens to Leon

"Don't shoot, I'm a hu-"

Insert Disc 2

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

How would you all feel if RE2make also featured RE3make?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Raxivace posted:

I would love that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They should combine 2, 3 and CV into one supergame

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Yes except instead of CV, there's nothing.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Golden Goat posted:

Yes except instead of CV, there's nothing.

How about rock climbing?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I like CV :kiddo:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Nothing wrong with that.

But it would be super cool if when you finish REmake 2 it actually gives you REmake 3.

Which let's be honest there's no possible way Capcom would do that. They'd split it to make some sweet dough.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They'll combine both but make it in Unity.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

They'll combine both but make it in Unity.

I generally don't keep up with game-making circles; is Unity considered bad now?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It has a lot of performance issues esp. on consoles that can't just power through it.
It's mainly supposed to be a free/cheap engine for indie titles though, so of course Capcom is making that new Umbrella Wars or whatever game in it.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

It has a lot of performance issues esp. on consoles that can't just power through it.
It's mainly supposed to be a free/cheap engine for indie titles though, so of course Capcom is making that new Umbrella Wars or whatever game in it.

Newer versions of Unity generally have better performance nowadays.
A REmake 3 would be kind of interesting and probably cheaper to make than REmake 2, since they could just reuse a lot of assets from REmake 2.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Enjoying my runthrough of the RE6 re-release when i get to the plane in Leon Chapter 3 and i noticed they changed the climbing controls?! It's just mashing a trigger now which is kinda lame. I understand that overall it was something most people didn't like it but it really isn't that bad, just kinda slow.

It just boggles my mind taht they would change that but keep split screen players having to share ammo.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

AradoBalanga posted:

I liked how in Darkside Chronicles when he gets shot Ada stays with him, takes the bullet out of his chest but still just puts a bandage on his clothes.

I want them tripling down on that in REmake 2

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Did Capcom give a date for the PS4 rerelease of RE5?

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
It's kinda weird playing PS4 RE6 and finding the super small details that were changed between the versions. One thing I've noticed is the Haos chase at the end of Chris' campaign seems to be much easier. The timing is still pretty tight to keep moving, but I recall in the PS3 version you had to be basically perfect to even make it through that part, whereas I have yet to fail it while on the PS4.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Sylphid posted:

It's kinda weird playing PS4 RE6 and finding the super small details that were changed between the versions. One thing I've noticed is the Haos chase at the end of Chris' campaign seems to be much easier. The timing is still pretty tight to keep moving, but I recall in the PS3 version you had to be basically perfect to even make it through that part, whereas I have yet to fail it while on the PS4.

Weren't some QTE events made easier through patches? I think the PS4 version is based on the PC release which came with a lot of minor changes and quality of life stuff compared to the PS360 versions at launch.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah you can even turn off the easier QTE's if you want! :downs:

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Weren't some QTE events made easier through patches? I think the PS4 version is based on the PC release which came with a lot of minor changes and quality of life stuff compared to the PS360 versions at launch.

That would certainly explain the presence of The Mercenaries No Mercy.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Aces High posted:

I liked how in Darkside Chronicles when he gets shot Ada stays with him, takes the bullet out of his chest but still just puts a bandage on his clothes.

I want them tripling down on that in REmake 2
Leon's police-issued bulletproof vest gets replaced with a vest made entirely of bandages in REmake 2.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Sylphid posted:

That would certainly explain the presence of The Mercenaries No Mercy.

Aha, yep. If Mercenaries No Mercy is in the PS4 port then it's very definitely based on the PC version which would also explain why you'd find some QTEs easier too.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Aha, yep. If Mercenaries No Mercy is in the PS4 port then it's very definitely based on the PC version which would also explain why you'd find some QTEs easier too.

It is, so I guess it is based on the PC version.

People were saying how awesome / tough No Mercy was, and I gotta agree. My favorite memory so far from No Mercy was firing a nitrogen shot into a crowd of zombies, running up for the spin kick, and taking out six zombies with a single kick. It's a weird thing when in normal Mercenaries I'm often wanting more enemies to kill, but when it comes to No Mercy you just get utterly swarmed by enemies. It's a very nice change of pace.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Yeah, its way easier to get an S Rank in No Mercy. In normal mode I always ran out of enemies to kill :(

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Raxivace posted:

PLEASE do this Capcom.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
The RE 2 remake is all fine and good, but what we really need is Resident Evil: The Brad Vickers Chronicles.

I want to see the horror in my teammate's eyes as I fly away, leaving them all to their deaths just because I heard some dogs barking outside of my sealed military helicopter cockpit.

I want an exciting mini-game of trying to keep a helicopter hovering perfectly level while somehow also managing to toss a loaded rocket launcher out of the side door.

I want to learn about what was happening in the RCPD building during the initial zombie siege. Mainly to find out why Brad spent his time putting a cowgirl stripper outfit in his locker instead of barricading the station against the undead.

Also, preferably all in VR so we can really see that Nemesis tentacle coming right at our face.

Vakal fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Apr 28, 2016

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Vakal posted:

The RE 2 remake is all fine and good, but what we really need is Resident Evil: The Brad Vickers Chronicles.

I want to see the horror in my teammate's eyes as I fly away, leaving them all to their deaths just because I heard some dogs barking outside of my sealed military helicopter cockpit.

I want an exciting mini-game of trying to keep a helicopter hovering perfectly level while somehow also managing to toss a loaded rocket launcher out of the side door.

I want to learn about what was happening in the RCPD building during the initial zombie siege. Mainly to find out why Brad spent his time putting a cowgirl stripper outfit in his locker instead of barricading the station against the undead.

Also, preferably all in VR so we can really see that Nemesis tentacle coming right at our face.

If Capcom doesn't milk this obvious cash cow, I'll be really pissed.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
FINALLY: Resident Evil 7 may be coming to E3 2016.

Another claim that it's "a clean slate returning to its roots" though. I have faith that it will be good and not at all what they say it is.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Lunethex posted:

FINALLY: Resident Evil 7 may be coming to E3 2016.

Another claim that it's "a clean slate returning to its roots" though. I have faith that it will be good and not at all what they say it is.

Any words on RE2make?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

a clean slate? returning to its roots?

Sooooooooo Revelations 3?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

P.T people are rumored to be in on it as well.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Sherry is in that picture but Jake and Barry are absent, no Sheva either. poo poo when you think about it Resident Evil has a cast large enough to make a fighting game.

Maybe that's the roots Capcom is returning to :v: I would play Street Fighter v Resident Evil

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

There hasn't been a Resident Evil game where they didn't claim it was going back to its horror roots.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Aces High posted:

Sherry is in that picture but Jake and Barry are absent, no Sheva either. poo poo when you think about it Resident Evil has a cast large enough to make a fighting game.

Maybe that's the roots Capcom is returning to :v: I would play Street Fighter v Resident Evil

Jake has clearly been possessed by the Wesker gene and is the game's villain. Capcom, just hire me to write the next Resident Evil plot. I'll sort the series out.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
The annoying thing is now people will start talking about their dream scenarios for an RE game, at least half of which are likely going to be better than what we actually get.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

at this point that's not a very hard bar to clear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
Who actually said "RE7?" Is it possible they're just talking about REMake 2?