Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I paid $20 a month to up my tv package so I could watch races, I love when they are on fs1 because I can stream with my phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Lord Wexia posted:

If I could pay a monthly fee and subscribe to steam all of the races, I would pay $15 or $20 per month for the privilege. That seems like pennies to me.

motogp charges (depending on euro to dollar exchange rates) roughly $15/race, $30/month, $120/season

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

be nice wicka posted:

motogp charges (depending on euro to dollar exchange rates) roughly $15/race, $30/month, $120/season

MotoGP has had this, by the way, I wanna say at least 10 years.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
It's not even a NASCAR thing, how the over the air networks don't have live streaming on the internet (for free, without requiring cable provider logins) in TYOOL 2016 is mind boggling.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

VikingSkull posted:

It's not even a NASCAR thing, how the over the air networks don't have live streaming on the internet (for free, without requiring cable provider logins) in TYOOL 2016 is mind boggling.

Sling Box is supposed to be coming out with an OTA box that will do this for you if you have internet that can serve it up. I am going to use it to scam NFL games by sending one to someone in every TV market. Cheaper then paying DirecTV.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

There's also the issue of somewhat future proofing your revenue stream and getting money from international fans who don't have a legal way to watch races. Something V8 Supercars does with their Superview service, its not available in Austrailia and New Zealand but gives international fans a way to see all the races.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

It pises me off that I can stream Speed (FS1) races but Can't stream Fox races, I can't even do it with my Fios credentials, I don't get why I can't stream an OTA channel, it Bottles the mind if I had an antenna attached to my phone I could watch the race. Night race, putting the kids to bed.. Oh well miss some of the race.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
filed in the random drawer....

I go into a place to get my truck inspected just before, my dad told me to go there because it's his friend and they know a race car driver but he can't remember who.

I walk in and there's a glass display case filled with Jeremy Clements #51 gear, the gently caress? Turns out it's his aunt or something, and I'm inclined to believe her because who the gently caress runs a hole in the wall mechanic shop and sells Clements gear out of it exclusively?

So I got a shirt and a hat for $30 and she threw in a big sticker and autographed hero card for free :3:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Stewart back this weekend.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Welcome back, Smoke.

Glad I got almost all I could out of the "Run the 14 on the C-List" strategy in Fantasy.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
If you think NASCAR is going to make more money of streaming model than they do off their television contact then we are at a disagreement.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

At the very least they should offer an out-of-US service for trucks, Xfinity and Cup. Euro Nascar kicks off this weekend after all.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

kidcoelacanth posted:

Stewart back this weekend.

Tony comes back and Prince dies :tinfoil:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

daslog posted:

If you think NASCAR is going to make more money of streaming model than they do off their television contact then we are at a disagreement.

it's worth a lot more than raw revenue figures would indicate, my man

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

ayn rand hand job posted:

Tony comes back and Prince dies :tinfoil:

Come to think of it, has anyone ever seen Prince and Chyna in the same place at the same time?

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

#Smokewillrise(to19thplace)

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2016/04/21/nascar-fines-tony-stewart-35000-for-violating-conduct-guidelines/

Welcome back Tony!

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

I'm not sure even Robby Gordon could get fined as quickly as Tony did.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

"Welcome back. Now pay us $35k and stop having constructive suggestions, for it may tarnish our image."

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
watch him tell his team to put 1 nut on so he can wreck the field and get paralyzed just to prove a point

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

You know, Dale Jr is a cool guy and all, but I sort of hope he's the one who gets killed/deformed just to spite NASCAR.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

watch him tell his team to put 1 nut on so he can wreck the field and paralyze some kid just to prove a point

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Harveygod posted:

You know, Dale Jr is a cool guy and all, but I sort of hope he's the one who gets killed/deformed just to spite NASCAR.

:drat:

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Harveygod posted:

Classy.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Austin Dillon already tried to claim that honor by being the second driver of the #3 to die at Daytona. But he somehow lived.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I don't give a poo poo about new races at this post unless something seriously improves but I'd pay real money for a subscription service that has archival broadcasts.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Alain Post posted:

I don't give a poo poo about new races at this post unless something seriously improves but I'd pay real money for a subscription service that has archival broadcasts.

Give me the WWE NASCAR Network dammit

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005
I'm surprised at how quickly Stewart was cleared and got back into the car. I thought it was going to be one of those things where the X-Rays looked good, so the doctors would put him into a holding pattern for a three or four weeks just to be sure, and then he'd be cleared.

I actually can't blame NASCAR for lug nut thing honestly. Just six months ago, let alone a year ago, it was not considered do-able to run with less than five lugs. Apparently drivers have just gotten ok with racing with vibrations that use to send them right back into pit road. But isn't this the whole point of the sport; to push the envelope to gain any fraction of a second that you can? If you give drivers and teams the opening, they will exploit it every single time- no exceptions.

Next year NASCAR will go back to enforcing the lug nut rule, regardless if there is a serious problem this year. It's not the same thing, but it reminds me of the Hoosier vs Goodyear debate, Goodyear drivers were arguing that Hoosier's were faster but were unsafe and that it wasn't fair for NASCAR to put the teams in the position where they had to compromise their safety in order to be competitive.

I was thinking that maybe it would be cool if they went to the single nut that they use in open-wheel racing, but I'm leaning away from that idea. I kind of like the extra challenge that it takes to put on multiple lugs in a pit stop, it puts more of the race into the crew's hands. Open-wheel pit stops always look so smooth that anyone (not true, I realize) can do it without much effort.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

CBJSprague24 posted:

"Welcome back. Now pay us $35k and stop having constructive suggestions, for it may tarnish our image."

The drivers council said they'll pay Tony's fine.

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2016/04/21/sprint-cup-driver-council-supports-tony-stewart-will-pay-his-fine/

:boom:

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Alain Post posted:

It's not old archives, but NASCAR has been uploading full races to their YouTube for the last three years

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Let's ask Tony what he thinks of this:

Seriously, though, NASCAR"s so worried about short-term perception that they're completely overlooking the long-term implications this could have, such as the Drivers' Union Council banding together to pay one driver's fines to get their argument out there (e- and the fans aligning with the drivers when NASCAR shakes its fist both because they're the face of the sport and they're getting tired of the innovations of Brian France and Co. NASCAR).

"If it isn't allowed to be said publicly, then people aren't thinking it and all is well!"

Lest we forget, it was France himself that called Mark Miles to encourage them to do the same poo poo in IndyCar.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Apr 22, 2016

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

looool

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

Let's ask Tony Ted Cruz what he thinks of this:

I fixed it.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
crosspost from AI

SPiTZ
Aug 9, 2004
The chain link gate looks safe, where's Michael Waltrip or Mike Harmon when you need them?

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

VikingSkull posted:

crosspost from AI

Netcode!:argh:

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

:golfclap:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

SPiTZ posted:

The chain link gate looks safe, where's Michael Waltrip or Mike Harmon when you need them?

It's still like that, too.

loooool

e- also, speaking of OCFS, hitting my first race of the year tonight

URC 360 sprints and big blocks, it rained all night last night and it's supposed to be overcast today :getin:

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Apr 23, 2016

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Guys kyle Busch isn't in the xfinity race!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The DASH for the CASH resumes again right now.

I'm willing to give the Heats a try again.

• Locked thread