Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm in Australian Eastern Standard, I'm trying to get my body clock back to a non-hosed up time atm because I just woke up at 4am.

8pm EDT -> 10am AEST the next day
9pm EDT -> 11am AEST
10pm EDT -> Noon AEST

8pm EDT -> 1am in London

I'd go with something around 8pm EDT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
I'm good with literally whenever, actually.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED

Infinitum posted:

I'm in Australian Eastern Standard, I'm trying to get my body clock back to a non-hosed up time atm because I just woke up at 4am.

8pm EDT -> 10am AEST the next day
9pm EDT -> 11am AEST
10pm EDT -> Noon AEST

8pm EDT -> 1am in London

I'd go with something around 8pm EDT

Couldn't agree more Infinitum, 8PM EDT sounds great. :)

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Propaganda Machine posted:

I live in the Pacific timezone. If I'm not mistaken, 7pm for me, 9 for you in Central, 10 in Eastern, would make it absurdly late/early in Europe and midday in Australia/New Zealand. Seems like it would make sense to take a quick poll based on location. It's doubtful that anything would make everybody happy.

That's pretty much what I'm trying to do.

Kasumeat posted:

Couldn't agree more Infinitum, 8PM EDT sounds great. :)

It sounds great, sure, but I'm at work at that point, and phoneposting flips is basically a no-go. If I were to push it to when I get home from work (2 am eastern/1 am central/11pm pacific/4 pm AEST) it'd work out at least vaguely okay for everyone except eurozone types. Do we have any Europeans in this game?

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

2 AM is OK but no later, please.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
You could have an earlier deadline with a flip later if that helps?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Birdstrike posted:

You could have an earlier deadline with a flip later if that helps?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
You could also make deadline now-ish which would give us a little time to maybe wake up and check thread (which lets face it I do), but it doesn't solve the flip timing problem.

Or have deadline whenever you want because I'll suck it up because I'm not a clown baby (debatable)

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
I did it guys. I pooped in the potty

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Mayor Glowku posted:

I did it guys. I pooped in the potty

I said no gameplay posts, no breadcrumbing your shitposter role.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Allen Wren posted:

I said no gameplay posts, no breadcrumbing your shitposter role.

Oh damnit, sorry I thought that was a joke.
Pls don't modkill

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Allen Wren posted:

That's pretty much what I'm trying to do.

It sounds great, sure, but I'm at work at that point, and phoneposting flips is basically a no-go. If I were to push it to when I get home from work (2 am eastern/1 am central/11pm pacific/4 pm AEST) it'd work out at least vaguely okay for everyone except eurozone types. Do we have any Europeans in this game?

This is ok for me.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am ok with pretty much whatever, although these ones that we have been having that are in the morning for me are a little weird.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Allen Wren posted:

If I were to push it to when I get home from work (2 am eastern/1 am central/11pm pacific/4 pm AEST) it'd work out at least vaguely okay for everyone except eurozone types.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Allen Wren posted:

If I were to push it to when I get home from work (2 am eastern/1 am central/11pm pacific/4 pm AEST) it'd work out at least vaguely okay for everyone except eurozone types.
I'm okay with this time too.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Going to bed in a few, still waiting on one action. Please do that or tell me that you're not doing that.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
*Edited As per Mod*

JimsonTheBetrayer fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Apr 22, 2016

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Jimson posted:

Is this day still currently active?

Jesus loving christ READ THE THREAD and edit that poo poo out

the whole post you rear end in a top hat

hexwren fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Apr 22, 2016

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

You pass the night, waking rested and relaxed. Of course you're relaxed, one of your major annoyances has gone away. There may be more, but can be dealt with. Your fingers fairly crackle with energy. Now's the time for writing. It's gonna be easy to get things done. Loved ones visit the building. You'll be working, but if they come visit you'll put down what you're doing, your friends are important.

Birdstrike, Tom Verlaine, Mafia Godfather, has been excised in the night.

quote:

Welcome, Birdstrike, you are a Mafia Godfather.

Your Cover Story is that you are David Byrne, the frontman for new wave darlings Talking Heads. As guitarist and songwriter, your nervy, to-the-point performance style is hailed as revolutionary. Also, you're actually Scottish. Currently (1977) you're hanging with Frantz, Weymouth and Harrison, finishing up what will be the group's official first album, Talking Heads 77, which won't be a major hit, but does contain "Psycho Killer," the group's first masterpiece and obviously the anthem of `77. However, this has no in-game effect. Other musicians you have recorded with may appear in this game, but this is no indication of alignment, they may be town or scum.

Video Link

You are actually Tom Verlaine, singer and guitarist for Television. You followed your grade school friend Richard Hell to New York City, the pair of you becoming ensconced in the poetry scene and occasionally collaborating, eventually forming the band Neon Boys, which in turn mutates into Television. Television starts off solid, one of the first bands to play at CBGB. You split songwriting duties with Richard, but as you learn more about the guitar, you're less inclined to get into just getting on stage and making noise. Which Hell keeps doing. Which is why he got the gently caress out of the band. Currently (1977) you're touring on the back of your first LP, the landmark "Marquee Moon", a tangled, jazzy, forward-looking record that paves the way for indie rock for decades to come.

Video Link

Abilities:

Factional communication: Your scumdoc is here.
Factional kill: Each night phase, one of you or your partners may perform the factional kill.
Investigation Immunity: You appear innocent to Cop investigations.

Win condition:

You win when the Mafia obtain a majority or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

It is now Day Three.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (11): Absurd Revolver, Anomalous Amalgam, Birdstrike, Hal Incandenza, Infinitum, Jimson, Kasumeat, Mayor Glowku, Propaganda Machine, tentative8e8op, tpink

There are 11 living players. Elimination occurs at 6 votes!

There is currently no deadline set.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
kk so the main portion of the post I edited out with out the scum calls is
But, I guess really it might be me making a stupid town mistake I was so busy with setting up my DarkSouls game (lots of moving parts and poo poo involved) that I just took the first "good" read I saw. I know there are a lot of votes on me now (I am still nowhere near lynch though) so I know this can come off as scum player coming in after an absence and attempting to appear committed to the game, but I seriously mean I am able to be committed to the game now.(I have the game set up, the rest is all minor clerical behind the scenes work) To start with, while this can be detrimental to our own gameplay to I am going to claim my vanilla town role so everyone knows I mean to be in it to win it. I am Alan Vega, apparently this has no bearing on my role though and is just flavor.

ALSO!!! Birdstrike flipped scum? hmmm I wonder who has been saying Birb was gonna be scum?

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
:toot:

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
So I can easily skip to the right page later:
End of day one vote count/history link
End of day two vote count/history link

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Kasumeat posted:

This is the scummiest post of the game so far for me. Jimson's scumclaim early in day 1 has about as much real meaning as a townclaim (absolutely none). This reads like an attempt to turn it into a Thing.

It's just a day 1 read, but hey, gotta vote someone.
##vote SSV

I was the one who called out SSV.

I cased Infinitum here. Infinitum is relentless in defense of SSV and equally relentless in attacking me, and somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that I'm now the most confirmed loving town player in the game. Look at Infinitum's posts. He STILL hasn't done a single piece of scumhunting, he's just tunnel-visioned on me, and claimed VT over and over again without actually offering evidence to back it up.

##vote Infinitum

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Just going to point out that I was the first to vote for SSV. :smug:

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Jimson posted:

Honestly I am feeling Ssv and birdstrike right now. That synergy came out of no where when previously they've had no interactions. Kinda weird that they start referencing each other the moment SSV has votes.

This was pretty loving early for Jimson to be bussing. I just don't think the case on the guy who calls out the 2 scum flips on day 1 is any loving good when we have Infinitum who defended the scum on day 1.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Kasumeat posted:

This is the scummiest post of the game so far for me. Jimson's scumclaim early in day 1 has about as much real meaning as a townclaim (absolutely none). This reads like an attempt to turn it into a Thing.

It's just a day 1 read, but hey, gotta vote someone.
##vote SSV

Birdstrike posted:

##vote Kasumeat you seem awfully sure about what is and what isn't a jokevote

Birdstrike posted:

Also sound uncomfortably like Kashuno for my tastes

This is the exact same pattern as Infinitum. Try to start a wagon on me because I attacked him scumbuddy, but have no real substance to the attack, just complete bullshit. "You seem to be pretty confident about your read which is correct!!! That sounds like a read an experienced player would make!!!!"

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I can't quite wrap my head around that nightkill though. Do we have a vig or a SK? Both? Either way, why do we have so few nightkills so far? SK is more likely statistically speaking, but the kill on Bird doesn't make sense strategically for a SK—Bird was likely going to get lynched sooner or later considering how buddy he was to SSV.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
With the revelation of these 2 flips, I'm forced to reconsider my stance on Kasumeat.

I think the infinitum vote looks good with his D1 interactions and defense of SSV.

##vote infinitum

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

With the revelation of these 2 flips, I'm forced to reconsider my stance on Kasumeat.

I think the infinitum vote looks good with his D1 interactions and defense of SSV.

##vote infinitum

Yeah at this point it seems like about as solid a case as we'll have for day 1.

##vote infinitum

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You can vote me no problem. I'll flip vanilla town.
I didn't vote SSV until I saw a case. Tentative presented a case and I flipped my vote.

Want to know who's actually scum?

##vote Mayor Glowku

Posting style is completely different to laughy jokey town-Glowku and coming in with an easy no comment hammer 6~ hours out from lynch rather than continue discussion.
I also straight up called out Birdstrike for this exact same thing, and he's flipped scum.

Speaking of, what happened with the Scumstrike death :nyoron:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Infinitum posted:

1hr to go.

I don't think SSV is going to flip Scum.

Hmm, Infi also kept pushing hard for a lynch on D1.

Also this was his response when I was the first to vote SSV:

Infinitum posted:

Lemme get in on that action

##vote Kascumeat

Yeah, I am ok with this vote.
##vote Infinitum

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Absurd Revolver posted:

Yeah at this point it seems like about as solid a case as we'll have for day 1.

##vote infinitum

Nice band wagon :thumbsup:

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Infinitum posted:

Nice band wagon :thumbsup:

Its not a bad case, to be honest. I meant day 3, got confused with another mafia you're in. Even with your argument against it, you're still the one I find most suspect.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren: If I'm to die, remember this post when I flip vanilla town :siren:
- Mayor Glowku's posting style is different to how he posts when he's town
- I called Birdstrike out for the exact same thing and he flipped scum
- Kasumeat has been hellbent on connecting me to an SSV defence.

Lynch in order Glowku -> Kasumeat

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
I'm cop

Infinitum is town

Hal, our spectator padding his votefinder games-played ranking, is town.

##vote Absurd Revolver

I'm going to sleep soon. I'll analyze after I wake up tonight, but right now I feel like I'd be happy seeing AR, Prop Machine, tpink or the Mayor die, in that order

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:boom:

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Infinitum posted:

:siren: If I'm to die, remember this post when I flip vanilla town :siren:
- Mayor Glowku's posting style is different to how he posts when he's town
- I called Birdstrike out for the exact same thing and he flipped scum
- Kasumeat has been hellbent on connecting me to an SSV defence.

Lynch in order Glowku -> Kasumeat

Holy gently caress if Tentative is right, you played like absolute loving poo poo

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

tentative8e8op posted:

I'm cop

Infinitum is town

Hal, our spectator padding his votefinder games-played ranking, is town.

##vote Absurd Revolver

I'm going to sleep soon. I'll analyze after I wake up tonight, but right now I feel like I'd be happy seeing AR, Prop Machine, tpink or the Mayor die, in that order

Well poo poo, that changes things.

My apologies Infinitum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'm going to do a re-read before I vote again. poo poo.

• Locked thread