Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Nasgate posted:

Waiting for Geralt to talk about what a man is and throw that goblet on the floor.

Blood and Wine feature: Geralt is shitfaced the entire time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Staltran posted:

I don't think you're supposed to smoke fisstech... Don't you absorb it through your mucuous membranes?

You pull your skin back and rub. You know, in that place where you can pull your skin back.

efb

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Nasgate posted:

I stun locked him and tanked his hits, killed him in like 30 seconds max. But I also did like every side quest possible before Kaer Mohren.

Waiting for Geralt to talk about what a man is and throw that goblet on the floor.

Yea I was vastly over leveled for that, and used the Viper Sword from Hearts of Stone so he didn't last very long.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Gort posted:

You pull your skin back and rub. You know, in that place where you can pull your skin back.

efb

Gums?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

What if Geralt doesn't have a foreskin? Breaking news that must be clarified: Is Geralt Circumcised or not? Required for understanding the proper application of fisstech.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Arcsquad12 posted:

What if Geralt doesn't have a foreskin?

This is probably common knowledge in the Northern Realms

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Ravenfood posted:

Keep rolling until he gets his mace stuck. Hit him once, because he'll counterattack. Repeat. Reapply Quen as necessary.

Yeah, it was the counter attack that was loving me up here.
Finally managed to beat him, took me like 20 minutes and I had a sliver of health left... that sigh of relief when it turned it into a metal as gently caress cutscene when he had a little health left.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Forgive me for posting cosplay, but when I saw this i thought it was for a new Witcher Film

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The fact that that outfit has colours other than black and white bothers me.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Has anyone done all of the deep sea dives? I've done a lot of them but I just don't know if I have the stamina to do them all. Maybe I will yet, I dunno. God drat is there a gently caress load of them though.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Ehhhh.... I've given up trying to solve my sound problems. I'm doing a full reinstall to see if that resets some tick that the game picked up and threw all my sound into stereo. Please CDPR, with your Blood and Wine update, add an option to choose our audio setup in the ingame menu rather than auto detecting. Because I cannot for the life of me figure out why the game isn't properly recognizing my headphones.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
That image. :vince:

My GOTY by far is back baby.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
OK, it's looking like I'm hurtling toward endgame here. I'm in Skellige now, prepping for some serious poo poo. Some questions:

1. If I want to fill out my alchemy recipes, my only option is to keep looting chests and crossing my fingers, right? I've cleaned out the halfling near Oxenfurt and the druid in Skellige. Every time I loot a fancy chest (metal/silver, box-shaped), the only diagrams I seem to get are for armor. I've uncovered all of Velen/Novigrad's '?' points already, so I guess I need to clean out Skellige now?

2. What monster oil are these Wild Hunt jagoffs vulnerable to? Are they Relicts? Elementas like the hounds?

Also, speaking of Wild Hunt jagoffs... Man, how satisfying was it to see Imerleth getting the ol' Crispy Helmet?

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Tupperwarez posted:

OK, it's looking like I'm hurtling toward endgame here. I'm in Skellige now, prepping for some serious poo poo. Some questions:

1. If I want to fill out my alchemy recipes, my only option is to keep looting chests and crossing my fingers, right? I've cleaned out the halfling near Oxenfurt and the druid in Skellige. Every time I loot a fancy chest (metal/silver, box-shaped), the only diagrams I seem to get are for armor. I've uncovered all of Velen/Novigrad's '?' points already, so I guess I need to clean out Skellige now?

If you have cleared out those two merchants you should have all bomb and potion recipes that can be found in non-plotlocked areas. Superior oil recipes are only found in random chests though, so you might finish the game and still not have all of them.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Keira might also have some recipes but other than that your bet is a random chest drop and still doing them all might not be enough. Seriously don't strangle yourself with opening all smuggler caches on Skellige unless you were planning on doing that anyway. It's easily the most tedious and burning-out activity in the game and you might still get no recipes from it so I'd rather just accept that I won't get some oils and potions.

Gremist on Skellige should really be tweaked to carry all potions, oils and bombs in the game save for the highest tier maybe - you get to him pretty far into the game and it's not like you could afford them all too early anyway and it would get rid of the frustration of running around with a full set of potion upgrades EXCEPT for the most basic one.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
There's a good number of chests that aren't marked as ? that will hold recipies. Look in houses and barns. E.g. the big barn just S of the Portside Gate in Novigrad. Chests in the channels of Novigrad, 1 or 2 around the outer walls, below bridges like e.g. the 2 chests under St. Gregory's Bridge leading to temple isle, a few chests on the small islands around temple isle.

There's some more like that in and around Oxenfurth.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
I cleared every question mark in Skellige (except for one that won't register as done which is annoying me more than I can put into words) and still missing a couple of oil formulas. I started ransacking every peasant hovel, barn, palace and squat in the northern realms and found a couple more but 300+ hours in and I've yet to complete my collection.

tl;dr, learn from my mistakes and don't go clearing all the ?'s in Skellige the poo poo you're looking for is not there.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Tupperwarez posted:

Also, speaking of Wild Hunt jagoffs... Man, how satisfying was it to see Imerleth getting the ol' Crispy Helmet?

I took a still to commemorate that sequence. Low res but I DONT SEE ANYONE ELSE TRYING

Late game spoiler images

http://imgur.com/fwhoNbH

Here's another jabroni getting it, this is actual end-game so only look if you finished the campaign

http://i.imgur.com/3tn0LkM.jpg

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

you sure?
Welp, I read a tip somewhere suggesting I go back to a location I had already cleaned out (Drahim Castle) to get superior diagrams. I was skeptical, but I figured this series is janky enough that it might work...

Lo and behold, I looted Superior Hanged Man's Venom and Superior Northern Wind from some loving barrels. What in the ever-loving gently caress? :psyduck: Now I'm morbidly curious about the loot generation in this game. Is the RedKit for W3 out yet? I want to look under the hood and see what kind of crawling nightmare they stitched together deep in the game's guts.

Great game, been having fun since the start and probably will until the end, but god drat, there is some jank going on here. But I've been in since W1, so I knew what I was getting myself into.

Supreme Allah posted:

I took a still to commemorate that sequence. Low res but I DONT SEE ANYONE ELSE TRYING

http://imgur.com/fwhoNbH
That part was pretty choice, but I'm talking about when Geralt flash fries Imerleth's head in his own helmet.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

The RNG loot is definitely my least favorite thing about the game, it's so god damned nonsensical and it makes getting every oil, potion, and decoction a chore.
poo poo man, I'm near the end of the game and I still don't have most of the enhanced versions of potions and oils to make the superior versions I found!
Also missing a few basic oils and potions.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The halfling herbalist in novigrad sells most of the enhanced potion diagrams

Nycticeius
Feb 25, 2008

This is the part when you try to stop me and I beat the hell out of you.
Formulas and recipes can be found more than once right? I mean, I don't necessarily have to buy all the recipes from the White Orchard herbalist, they could show up in later merchants or random chests?

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Yes. If you like to loot barrels, crates and chests en masse, you'll find almost everything.

Nycticeius
Feb 25, 2008

This is the part when you try to stop me and I beat the hell out of you.

JaucheCharly posted:

Yes. If you like to loot barrels, crates and chests en masse, you'll find almost everything.

I'm trying to keep my looting sprees close to where my quest objectives take me. If I'm in Midcopse, I might loot the ealdorman's house while I'm there, but not much else. Might just tackle on a few question marks in the vicinity as well, but I won't really go out of my way to do them. I find this gives me a nice balanced exploration, without seeming like I'm grinding for ingredients and what not.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
at least the superior potion properties are fun, meaning completely broken

Superior Petri's Philter, 100% chance to apply sign effects? sounds fair

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

you sure?

Zorodius posted:

at least the superior potion properties are fun, meaning completely broken

Superior Petri's Philter, 100% chance to apply sign effects? sounds fair
Don't forget Superior Golden Oriole. What up endrega crew, poison heals me now, so have fun fighting my immortal rear end.

Or Superior Black Blood. Yeah vampire guy, you're gonna take damage just standing next to me. Get rekt.

Or Superior White Raffard's, a.k.a. Ding Ding Round 2 Motherfucker

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

So I'm playing the intro to the Witcher 1 again. I've played this game thru about 14 times since release and still play it. After making the potion for Triss, I talked to Lambert and Eskel. Might be the first time I ever have. Something interesting is that Lambert says, and I'm paraphrasing "Triss showed up recently demanding we look into the Wild Hunt." Just wanted to say that's loving awesome!

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Tupperwarez posted:

Or Superior White Raffard's, a.k.a. Ding Ding Round 2 Motherfucker

I like jumping from incredibly high places and drinking a superior white raffard's just before I hit the ground, since it makes you invincible for a few seconds.

On several occasions this has caused the game to bug out and Geralt was dead, but still standing up. Just unable to move or do anything.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

you sure?

Quote-Unquote posted:

I like jumping from incredibly high places and drinking a superior white raffard's just before I hit the ground, since it makes you invincible for a few seconds.

On several occasions this has caused the game to bug out and Geralt was dead, but still standing up. Just unable to move or do anything.
:aaa: I've clearly been Doing It Wrong. Also, speaking of fake death glitches...

I ran into a guarded treasure with a basilisk or some dragon-like thing on the coastline, so I prep as usual and roll up on it. It immediately tries to take off, so I blast it with Aard before it can get away. It falls into the water and immediately dies! Boom, straight to ragdoll on impact.

But it isn't really dead? It's flopping around all ragdoll like, but I can still hear the screeching basilisk noises. I meditate a little to see what would happen, but it's still floating in the water, screeching away like it wants to start poo poo. I ended up reloading in the end and killed it normally.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
That wyvern is glitched to hell. I re-did that fight alot because it kept getting stuck in places I couldn't kill it, like inside the tower or halfway into the water. Eventually by some miracle the corpse stayed in place long enough to loot.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I didn't even think that wyvern ever dropped anything. I never had it glitch ragdoll either. :confused:

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
I've exploring out of standard order just to see what happens and it's crazy how much work went into keeping up the appearance of the world existing already, even where it doesn't make much sense for a player to have ended up there before doing x event.

For example, I just went to that cave and killed the Ice Giant with Hjalmar for the very first thing on Skelledge, like before even doing the funeral where you meet up with Yen and get asked to help him.

Weirdly Geralt responds to the footprints as if he's on the mission normally ("gotta find Hjalmar") and some things never triggered like any other living members of his party (or the trolls, as far as i know), but once I got far enough to where he'd be the actual cutscenes and dialog with Hjalmar were totally consistent about meeting him randomly with no knowledge of his identity or mission there. And Geralt's only available response to being questioned about his purpose there was basically just exploring the isles.

Eventually once I did speak with Crach, he only mentioned needing to help Cerys and didn't speak of Hjalmar.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.
PR posted some new screenshots: https://www.facebook.com/thewitcher

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Sorry, this content isn't available at the moment
The link you followed may have expired, or the Page may only be visible to an audience that you aren't in.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Gort posted:

Sorry, this content isn't available at the moment
The link you followed may have expired, or the Page may only be visible to an audience that you aren't in.

Anyone else having this problem? Are you logged in?

Other sites will pick them up eventually.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

Anyone else having this problem? Are you logged in?

Other sites will pick them up eventually.

Yep, here's the screenshots on Eurogamer.

Looks very, very, very pretty and that's in comparison to an already really pretty game.

e;f;b, dammit.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

you sure?
Gonna guess that each of these ladies except the one with actual wrinkles is a vampire. Geralt will tear up all that rear end regardless.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

The one on the right is totally eye loving Geralt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I wanna go hang out in mushroom land