Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote Ecco for casting shade on pot users as "dopes".

Do you know why they call it pot?

Because it has the POTential to kill you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
It's actually called getting high because I get to look down on everyone else from up here :dukedog:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hello, I hope the current deadline doesn't interfere with everyone's passover plans, if anyone in here is tending to that. If it's a problem for enough people, we can change it, but I think it should work OK bye.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Saturday evening deadlines are a bad idea in general but I'm fine with it

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

CCKeane posted:

Do you know why they call it pot?

Because it has the POTential to kill you.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gXhSQd_zhnk

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
It actually gives you the POTential for greatness

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I am having a frustrating day at work. Today is Ice Cream & Shorts today and I forgot to wear shorts. Please send help[

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Why was one of the Jets nicknamed A-Rab?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

kaschei posted:

Why was one of the Jets nicknamed A-Rab?

It was a different time.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

"You Won't Succeed On Broadway" is probably the funniest show tune I've heard.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Watching the original Jungle Book with my son, and he's already dancing along to Bear Necessities and I Wanna Be Like You.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

So much casual racism

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

kaschei posted:

So much casual racism

It was a different time!

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Absurd Revolver posted:

It was a different time!

Indeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7yE8TKUB_M

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Kumbamontu posted:

I am having a frustrating day at work. Today is Ice Cream & Shorts today and I forgot to wear shorts. Please send help[

Do you work at a summer camp or something?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Nope I'm a Business System Analyst at an energy company

The company just owns bones and does cool stuff

I wish it were shorts day everyday because gently caress living in a swamp where it's 90*F with 100% humidity and I have to wear jeans

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Kumbamontu posted:

Nope I'm a Business System Analyst at an energy company

The company just owns bones and does cool stuff

I wish it were shorts day everyday because gently caress living in a swamp where it's 90*F with 100% humidity and I have to wear jeans

I am actually very jealous. I am wearing pants right now and I hate it.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Haha the little one instantly assumed the sexist views demonstrated by the adults

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

My fellow castmates and I met up at "That swanky bar." We were all high as gently caress and pretty smug about our performance. I was buying up the appletinis and sex on a beach shots.

Dad walked in. His trenchcoat and fedora cast shadows all over his body. I had an ominous feeling just looking at him. It was killing my buzz.

"Son, I have to tell you something," he began. I braced myself for his high praise of my performance. "I've got aids," he said quietly.

I laughed. "Trying out for Rent again, dad?" I said, hitting him on the shoulder. My dad was always in character.

"No, son, I have aids. Your mother gave them to me. She has aids too," he said. I think I remember this line from Rent, but I wasn't sure.

I remembered all the times my dad had been in character throughout my childhood. He spent two weeks playing with balls of twine to get ready for Catz. He'd paint himself green and swing on poles that were placed strategically in the house and tell me all about his love the strawman. I didn't know what to think with this new development.

"C'mon dad, smoke a bowl with me," I said, passing him the bowl.

:smokes a bowl:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Kumbamontu posted:

Saturday evening deadlines are a bad idea in general but I'm fine with it

I can move it to Sunday, I'm just wary of long deadlines.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Khris Kruel posted:

My fellow castmates and I met up at "That swanky bar." We were all high as gently caress and pretty smug about our performance. I was buying up the appletinis and sex on a beach shots.

Dad walked in. His trenchcoat and fedora cast shadows all over his body. I had an ominous feeling just looking at him. It was killing my buzz.

"Son, I have to tell you something," he began. I braced myself for his high praise of my performance. "I've got aids," he said quietly.

I laughed. "Trying out for Rent again, dad?" I said, hitting him on the shoulder. My dad was always in character.

"No, son, I have aids. Your mother gave them to me. She has aids too," he said. I think I remember this line from Rent, but I wasn't sure.

I remembered all the times my dad had been in character throughout my childhood. He spent two weeks playing with balls of twine to get ready for Catz. He'd paint himself green and swing on poles that were placed strategically in the house and tell me all about his love the strawman. I didn't know what to think with this new development.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCi2xtrz2yo

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Wanna be in that orgy, getting dry-humped by what I assume is the devil.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Khris Kruel posted:

Also, I don't really get what's going on here but I like it.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
So uhh, we really haven't done any actual mafiaing yet.

Who is the scum?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

tpink posted:

Also, I don't really get what's going on here but I like it.

What is happening is khris kruel being weird.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Hah, we really have not. We've had such a good time talking musicals. No one has really pinged my radar yet.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
KK did a similar thing in Avatar Mafia #1 where he hid behind a pot-smoking PR and he was scum so I'm currently leaning scummy on that guy

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
tpink is also pinging me but i think thats cause he's new

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
I'm having too much fun to really suspect anybody right now. I suck at D1.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kumbamontu posted:

KK did a similar thing in Avatar Mafia #1 where he hid behind a pot-smoking PR and he was scum so I'm currently leaning scummy on that guy

I agree but that is probably just my personal feelings for KK.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I got scum vibes from:
- Infinitum (his response to my jokevote felt weird)
- KK (pot PR is dumb)
- tpink (from earlier)

pretty sure one of them are scum maybe more.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
brief foray back into musicalchat but if you like musicals and haven't watched Crazy Ex-Girlfriend then I don't know what you're doing with your life but you need to turn to the lord fast.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

EccoRaven posted:

brief foray back into musicalchat but if you like musicals and haven't watched Crazy Ex-Girlfriend then I don't know what you're doing with your life but you need to turn to the lord fast.

I haven't seen this. I suppose I should.

On the same topic, if you're a GoT fan and you don't watch Galavant you've made a significant mistake.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Galavant and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend are both fantastic.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Garth are you scum?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

garthoneeye posted:

Galavant and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend are both fantastic.

I haven't heard of either of these! I'll have to check them out.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'M ASKING YOU A QUESTION GARTH I'LL CUT YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

Garth are you scum?

I had the same thought

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

tpink posted:

I haven't heard of either of these! I'll have to check them out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWnDwM0RSX4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

The doctor repeated the results but I wasn't listening. I looked over at Mom and Dad. They were holding hands and smiling sadly at me.

This is all acting. None of it can be real. The doctor has to be in on it.

The doctor left the room. I glared at my parents. I was so mad at them for continuing this acting. This was getting too real.

"So which one of you cheated?" I accused, looking back and forth between them.

Mom shook her head slightly and dad cleared his throat. "Son, it doesn't matter anymore. We've both accused the other but it's too late. There is no cure. We both love each other and we're going to dedicate the rest of our l8ves to each other," he said, holding moms hand.

I got up and threw my fedora to throw ground. I ran out of the room. My heart was beating fast. My vision was blurry. It had to be fake. He was always in character. This was all my dad loved or did. How much did he pay these people to act like professional Healthcare workers.

I ran up to the nurses station. "Where did you get your medical degree!" I screamed at her. She feigned shock. I saw the knowing in her eyes. She knew exactly what was going on.

"Calm down sir or I'm going to call security," She said slowly, her hand under the desk. They wouldn't have rigged an alarm for this fake hospital. I had to find the trick.

I burst into the nearest room. An old woman hooked up to machines was sleeping. I went over to the screen. I wish I hadn't failed medical school. I think this was correct.

The drawers! They don't fill the medical drawers with medical supplies if the actors don't open it! Two big brawny men with utility belts came in. They approached me slowly.

"Come on kid, no one has to get hurt," They said.

I gave them the finger and jumped for the medical supply drawer. My legs and arms were immediately bound by the two huge men. "NO. I HAVE TO OPEN THAT DRAWER! I HAVE TO KNOW THE TRUTH!" I screamed, fighting the men. I felt a prick on my neck and the world spun into darkness.

:smoke a bowl:

• Locked thread