Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
We don't know yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's probably just Archer Emiya, but of Assassin class instead.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I would actually be ok with this, as long as he gets sweet new animations and a Crane Wing NP

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Wuxi posted:

So what is Assassin Emiya anyway? Shirou with Kiritsugu's magic crest?

General theory I've seen is that it'll be an alternate timeline EMIYA that fully embraced Kiritsugu's methods in addition to his ideals (and possibly receiving more actual training than Shirou did). The crazier guess is some version of Kiritsugu himself. Either way, if they have knowledge of the end of the fourth war, it would 100% explain them going after Irisviel. They know how dangerous the grail is and that it must be destroyed, no matter the cost.

Orrrr...it could just be same character summoned as a different class, like with Cu Lancer and Cu Caster.

Either way, the matchups here, with EMIYA in the 4th war, Iskander and Darius fighting, Old Waver and Kayneth, and Mashu/Lancelot are all stuff that fill me with fanboy glee. I'm just disappointed this is a temporary event for a cell phone game and not a longer, fuller scenario.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
:toot:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lancelot/Mashu on the trailer better mean they actually say something more on the whole Galahad thing

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
People have been making dad and son jokes, I also expect them to follow through on having some scenes of significance there too. Especially since Lancelot was such an important part of F/Z and how they touched upon Aurthurian legend, so Mashu/Galahad's gotta fit in somewhere with this event.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
How the crap do I spent 70,000 friend points!? I can barely go two runs before needing to start burning or spending CE's.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I haven't spent a friend point in loving eons

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Roll'em for the free fous and mana prisms.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
Ok i read through the op. is there a watch guide for this poo poo? im confused what is in what universe and whats not.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I have 2k mana prisms

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Raenir Salazar posted:

How the crap do I spent 70,000 friend points!? I can barely go two runs before needing to start burning or spending CE's.

This bothered me so much I upgraded my CE storage to 115 after the Christmas event. It was a huge waste of quartz that could have gone toward not rolling anything loving good.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Unholy Ghost posted:

Ok i read through the op. is there a watch guide for this poo poo? im confused what is in what universe and whats not.

There is no watch guide for Tsukihime, FSN has two watchable anime (Fate/Zero and Unlimited Blade Works), and Kara no Kyokai has 8 movies. FSN is going to have Heaven's Feel movies popping out here and there, but it'll be a while before those hit.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
As much as I wanna blow the stream quartz for Gilgamesh, I would rather save them for like one 40 roll in a vain attempt to get Assassin emiya when the FZ event actually starts.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Baal posted:

I have 2k mana prisms
I have 200 gold apples.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I literally cannot burn through 2k mana prisms because the shop doesn't reset for another week so I can buy tickets and exp cards again

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Compendium posted:

People have been making dad and son jokes, I also expect them to follow through on having some scenes of significance there too. Especially since Lancelot was such an important part of F/Z and how they touched upon Aurthurian legend, so Mashu/Galahad's gotta fit in somewhere with this event.

How are they gonna have all this Galahad stuff and nothing about Percival. I want my Gil/Enkidu style "Most Pious/Feral Forest Child Grail Knights" parallel dammit!

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I get the impression that they don't really care/it's not really necessary at this point. But hey, who knows?

The new animations for Gil and Arturia are really nice. I won't roll for them though and I have enough F/Z centered Servants for the event.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The fun part about going through the early story chapters again is that the power scaling is so hosed now I basically just have one decent servant and an overpowered support character murder everything while the other four just stand there and grind Bond XP.

I've been dragging three separate Cu Chulainns through Orleans and they are going to love me for it.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

The Unholy Ghost posted:

Watch Fate/Zero followed by Unlimited Blade Works. Then (unrelated) watch Kara no Kyoukai. Everything else is crap

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Carnival Phantasm is not crap

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Wuxi posted:

Watch Fate/Zero followed by Unlimited Blade Works. Then (unrelated) watch Kara no Kyoukai. Everything else is crap
Carnival Phantasm, but you might want to read the Tsukihime manga first. Then wait for fate extra anime and the next fate movie to come out.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I still feel like all watching Fate/Zero first does is give you a really weird view of what the Fate series is actually like.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
The only right way to start your Fate career is to read the freaking VN.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Well, finally found this thread. Seen all the animes, read some of the mangas, played some of the VN's, bought a bunch of bullshit merch, and am currently playing a bad mobile card game very poorly. Am I part of the cool kids club yet?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Not until you get a five-star waifu

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
One day I'll roll Francis Drake. :(

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Freak Futanari posted:

The only right way to start your Fate career is to read the freaking VN.

Yeah

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Baal posted:

Not until you get a five-star waifu
Elizabeth Bathory is a four-star. Close enough? I do have Orion and Marie Antoinette as five-stars but I don't like them quite as much.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Liz Bath is waifu but not five star

Orion might as well not count since she's spoken and Marie is 4-star

Come back when you blow 4 million Quartz trying to get a servant you don't even really care about

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Baal posted:

Liz Bath is waifu but not five star

Orion might as well not count since she's spoken and Marie is 4-star

Come back when you blow 4 million Quartz trying to get a servant you don't even really care about
Yeah, gently caress that. Give me a Saber Bride with overflowing cleavage and we'll call it square.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't even know when they're gonna add Saber Bride to the gacha again so good luck, gamer

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
I *finally* got the materials to ascend Atlantata past level 70, woo! She's somewhat useful now!

And oh dear god I need so many Dragon Fangs.... :(

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Baal posted:

Orion might as well not count since she's spoken

Unless you mean "her voice is awful", then not really because the actual Orion is seriously hoping she'll let go of him and latch on to you.

But again: awful voice. And character design.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Artemis has a cute voice and a cute character design and i hope the next event gives me the 10 plumes i need to max out her last skill.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Did anything ever come of that announcement that Shielder's VA was involved in some Fate-related anime by ufotbale (so it wouldn't include the EXTRA anime), or am I just badly misremembering things? Reading that Nasu interview makes me think there's plenty of plot in Grand Order and it could be adapted into an anime fairly easily or something.

Also, reading that interview was pretty funny because Nasu is just a naturally long-winded guy, and I can sympathize.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm pretty sure we're supposed to be getting a Grand Order anime

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I would watch paint dry, as long as its animated by ufotable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.
Same for Shaft with apparently unlimited budget.

2017 looking to be a good year.