Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Lemon-Lime posted:

I caved and bought it earlier today after I saw ArcSys had already put out a couple of patches to address stability issues. They're a good publisher on PC.

good at everything except communicating if they will release xrd

edit: they were even upfront on the steam discussion forum regarding battle fantasia and the concept that they are "holding other games hostage"

but they dont talk about xrd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

They probably don't want to mention PC xrd until after the console release.

Steam xrd didn't sell great (but it also didn't really cost them dick to do), so they might be worried about early PC sales hurting console sales sometimes look arcsys is good but they are still a japanese company with the sort of weird ideas about capitalism that often entails

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Did they ever mention how many sales the console versions had? Because the 60k+ PC sales sounded like a pretty solid chunk of the total sales of the game last I heard. But I dunno if there's any actual hard numbers floating around.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I forgot to check, did it make in the Top 5 Steam sellers of the week it released? Because Melty Blood did.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I'm glad they wait because it's fun actually having people to play with.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Did they ever mention how many sales the console versions had? Because the 60k+ PC sales sounded like a pretty solid chunk of the total sales of the game last I heard. But I dunno if there's any actual hard numbers floating around.

I R DUM

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

A.o.D. posted:

Steamspy is saying 154k people own SFV on steam.

Okay but we're talking about Guilty Gear and not Street Fighter 5.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I've never seen total sales or console sales for -sign-, just steam sales.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

NecroMonster posted:

I've never seen total sales or console sales for -sign-, just steam sales.

Yeah, all the more I could find was VGChart's typical 'we made this up' numbers of about 200k total physical sales. Were that true, the PC version would be pretty significant considering how far after the fact it came out.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Was gonna pick up Melty Blood just on principle after I got paid, but that's awesome if they are actually are gonna push for improvements.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
MadScientist is too good for this world. Such a man.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

All we have is first week Japanese sales of 48,000 and Steamspy estimates of 63,000.

All we can say for certain is that the game sold 110,000+. Either way I doubt that 63,000 is insignificant, even if it was sold only at $30.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
as it turns out the steam gameplay differences... are actually features
https://twitter.com/MeltyMedia/status/723163936804212736

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Today, I thought to myself "now that I know the absolute very basics of SF, I should dust off my old copy of Soul Calibur 2 and see if I know how to play it."

I have concluded that I don't know how to play Soul Calibur 2, or indeed any 3D fighting game. :negative:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Hah, apparently Namco got Akuma in Tekken by allowing Capcom to use their patented training mode stuff, no cash money involved.

(link in portuguese: http://games.tecmundo.com.br/noticias/sabe-akuma-custou-serie-tekken-nada_822995.htm)

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Dias posted:

Hah, apparently Namco got Akuma in Tekken by allowing Capcom to use their patented training mode stuff, no cash money involved.

(link in portuguese: http://games.tecmundo.com.br/noticias/sabe-akuma-custou-serie-tekken-nada_822995.htm)

Probably helps that Harada and Ono are good buddies (thus SFxT, etc.).

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
http://gematsu.com/2016/04/koihime-enbu-coming-west-pc-via-steam-may

Time to get the bad anime fighting games along with the good ones.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Apr 22, 2016

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
"based on _____ visual novel"

"features largely female characters"

Too anime for me I think.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Lemon-Lime posted:

Koihime is a solid footsies-based fighter, so I'm pleased it's getting a domestic release of some kind.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lemon-Lime posted:

This game is actually fun

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

If NitroPlus Blasterz came out and was really fun, I'm sure this can too.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yeah, it's not bad. Fun to play on occasion but not a ton of depth or anything, fairly samsho like.

Someone told me the netcode is actually okay too but I have no idea if that's true or not.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

Oh man, Guilty Gear comes out on PC and the anime poverty floodgates just open up. I feel like at this point, the only anime fighting game not slated for Steam is the Chaos Code followup.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Yeah, it's not bad. Fun to play on occasion but not a ton of depth or anything, fairly samsho like.

Someone told me the netcode is actually okay too but I have no idea if that's true or not.

That's what Daiandoh was saying at the last Team Stickbug event at Next Level. I have no idea who he was playing or what kind of internet connection he's on though.

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"
Please give me Third Strike HD on Steam

if UNIEL can do it anything can

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Mason Dixon posted:

Koihime is a solid footsies-based fighter, so I'm pleased it's getting a domestic release of some kind.

I'm glad it's actually good despite looking really poor, and I like footsies games, so hmm...

Serenade posted:

Please give me Third Strike HD on Steam

if UNIEL can do it anything can

This and also SF2HD on Steam/PS4 with CFN integration so we can play cross-platform.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Dias posted:

id think that having a good training mode would just be an extension of some sort of developer tool. the fact that they couldnt do this without help speaks volumes

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Zand posted:

id think that having a good training mode would just be an extension of some sort of developer tool. the fact that they couldnt do this without help speaks volumes

It wasn't so much "couldn't do it" as it was "Namco holds the patents for Demo Mode and other little features, so unless you pay them you can't put it in your game".

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

This seems suspiciously like holding a patent for having a playable game during a loading screen.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Pretty sure that patent just recently expired

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
https://twitter.com/INFILTRATION85/status/723620967222792193

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I heard Koihime Enbu runs on a custom Mugen build, does anyone know if there's any truth to that?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

snake eyez can't deal with those footsies

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

dragon enthusiast posted:

Pretty sure that patent just recently expired

It did. It was a bullshit patent that never should have been awarded.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

attackmole posted:

"based on _____ visual novel"

"features largely female characters"

Too anime for me I think.

Why are there so many visuals novels that turn into fighting games? The two genres couldn't be more different and you would think that would echo with the player base of the genres.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

punk rebel ecks posted:

Why are there so many visuals novels that turn into fighting games? The two genres couldn't be more different and you would think that would echo with the player base of the genres.

anime

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
getting horny at anime babes is the universal language

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

punk rebel ecks posted:

People who play visual novels tend to have no taste in anything, so you can just churn the IP into any genre you want and they'll eat it up

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Hey, what's the opposite of "news"?

http://shoryuken.com/2016/04/22/tekken-x-street-fighter-development-currently-on-hold/

quote:

In an interview with Gamespot, Tekken producer Katsuhiro Harada noted that the developers don’t think the timing is right for such a game. Specifically, he referred to the fact that Street Fighter V just came out, as well as the fact that Tekken 7 is on the way. With both games in mind, Harada stated that “we don’t want to split these communities… [finding] a good window to release Tekken x Street Fighter is something that’s become much more difficult recently. So it’s kind of on hold for the moment, I guess you could say.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
Here's an annoying bit about lobbies: if you set it to "First to 2" or more, the player that wins can decline to play the second match, and still stay on to play the next person in line. So like ranked, you aren't really guaranteed a second set in lobbies.