Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

I wanna go hang out in mushroom land

hell yes, mushrooms are always a good sign in rpgs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

looks awesome

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Deakul posted:

The one on the right is totally eye loving Geralt.

Or thinking "well poo poo, there goes my diet".

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?

psychoJ posted:

Yep, here's the screenshots on Eurogamer.

Looks very, very, very pretty and that's in comparison to an already really pretty game.

e;f;b, dammit.

:drat:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Geralt's Adventures in Wonderland

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Palpek posted:

Geralt's Adventures in Wonderland

"Shittier and Shittier," muttered the Witcher.

Crazygamer
Dec 29, 2008
Is Geralt wearing his Witcher 1 armor in a couple of those screenshots?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
How will I ever have time for this :(

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

gently caress

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Why is there so much color? Where's all the brown and gray? I can't play a video game without a poo poo brown filter and lots of bloom.

I want it now.

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Turn off the fountain dear, it's just me.
Nap Ghost

Crazygamer posted:

Also looks like the giant centipedes from Witcher 1 make a return too.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Crazygamer posted:

I was wondering why that was looking so familiar.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
I found out that i'm well capped out on Sign Intensity even without the Griffon swords, so i'm wondering: Is there a cool gimmick silver sword? A sister sword to Iris or something like that.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Goofy poo poo was always the best part of Witcher so I'm pumped for this!

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Considering how bloody the decapitation engine is, fighting in those environmnents will be like going through Diablo 3's pony level.

There's nothing wrong with that.

Grimarest
Jan 28, 2009
I've slowly been playing w3 since realease and with 60 hours in I'm thinking of completing the final quest after recruiting pretty much anyone I could.

Bummer is that I only have the basic cat armor, only recently unlocked the adrenaline combat skills and not really using decoctions. I still manage to tear through content at the second highest difficulty. Is this normal?

I feel like there are some side stories that need completion, like after helping that druid trapped in the tree and the witches. I also like those quests with monsters that do not involve killing but interactions with 'em, and beside the cursed werewolf and the high vampire one that you fight in a depot one I can't really think of any other good one. Am I missing some really good/obvious ones?

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.
That's not the final quest.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Grimarest posted:

I've slowly been playing w3 since realease and with 60 hours in I'm thinking of completing the final quest after recruiting pretty much anyone I could.
You're not actually at the final quest at all. :ssh:

Grimarest
Jan 28, 2009

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

That's not the final quest.

Cool, it looked like a final battle kind of quest, glad its not over. Game owns.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Grimarest posted:

Cool, it looked like a final battle kind of quest, glad its not over. Game owns.

Yeah, that's like going "Whee I beat the game!" when you get to Sen's Fortress in Dark Souls.

Cephalocidal fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Apr 22, 2016

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Grimarest posted:

You've got another solid 10-15 hours of main quest content

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
There had better be a shitload of new Gwent cards in the upcoming expansion. I need mooooooooore

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

There's gonna be more Gwent physical cards with blood and wine. They have a panel at pax so I'll ask if theyre gonna sell em separately

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Is that new steampunkish/parkour game just a side project of CDPR people or is it a whole new dev studio?

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

OAquinas posted:

Is that new steampunkish/parkour game just a side project of CDPR people or is it a whole new dev studio?

Whole new separate dev studio.

Crazygamer
Dec 29, 2008

Rolling Scissors posted:

Also looks like the giant centipedes from Witcher 1 make a return too.

As someone who has played the games in order, read the books, and just recently finished the price of neutrality module for witcher 1, I am extremely hyped about what they are going to be pulling from all of the previous material for this expansion.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
I hope it's always sunny in Toussaint.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Is this Anna Henrietta and friends?

All these pictures make me want it now!
Hurry up and release it please.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Helith posted:

Is this Anna Henrietta and friends?

All these pictures make me want it now!
Hurry up and release it please.

How wrong is it that I'm looking at those four women and trying to discern which ones Geralt is gonna bang?

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

Gonkish posted:

How wrong is it that I'm looking at those four women and trying to discern which ones Geralt is gonna bang?

Geralt of Rivia does not merely pick 'one'.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Gonkish posted:

obviously far right

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Zorodius posted:

obviously far right

Yeah that's the one giving him eyes.

Gaussian
Sep 20, 2001

I'll give you a box of chocolates if you kill me.

Nap Ghost

Gonkish posted:

If that's wrong I don't want to be right.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Gonkish posted:

Unless one of them is a sorceress the answer is 'none'.

Also Dandelion got there first with Anna Henrietta, the Duchess, and probably with most of her Ladies in Waiting if the rumours are to be believed. Which is why he was nearly executed and is exiled from Toussaint on pain of death.

I feel Geralt wouldn't go there. Bro's before homicidally jealous Duchesses and all that.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Is delayed recovery bugged? Potions disappear from my active effects as soon as they hit zero duration no matter how high my toxicity is.

Nevermind I guess decoctions don't count and I forgot that.

cheesetriangles fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Apr 23, 2016

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC
I totally ignored gwent the first playthrough. Doing a slow paced 2nd playthrough while waiting for Blood and Win and said 'gently caress it, might as well do a competitionist run' and now all I can think of is finding the next gwent rare. Digitial roleplay cardboard crack. :swoon:

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
One mod I'd like to see is the ability to start with a Gwent deck from a different faction at the beginning of the game, like you could choose a starter Monster deck instead of always starting with Northern Realms.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

There's a panel at PAX about Gwent. They gave out cards :hehe:

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Does anyone of you know of a mod that scales all enemies up to your level and is updated/working? There is one on the nexus, but it's not been updated for the latest patch.
Want all these grey monsters to be challenging again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
The Gwent game was designed by two guys in three days :psyduck:

Slate Action fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Apr 23, 2016