Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Moqorro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I know Bathtime Jaime has gotta be photoshopped somewhere in there, but I can't find him.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

CaptainRightful posted:

But then I remember every "Yara" scene, including the entirely pointless and unbelievable failed rescue mission, and I realize that all hope is futile.

I had almost forgot about that and my casual show-watcher friends' tacit acceptance that such an awfully constructed and filmed and thought scene was 'pretty good'. In short, fuuuuuuckkkkk.

And now, can someone repost the Night's king/Bro Jaime edit, because it makes me laugh so hard every time.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you
GURM has actually died from the poo poo dick incident, but Ty Franck keeps using his stuffed carcass as a fat suit to molest fans at conventions.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

I laughed: http://www.clickhole.com/article/top-12-game-thrones-inspired-baby-names-280?utm_campaign=default&utm_medium=ShareTools&utm_source=facebook

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

that was dumb....but not as dumb as a LOT Of people naming their daughters Arya and Khaleesi, or Elsa. gently caress, parents are so stupid. Grow up people.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

TommyGun85 posted:

that was dumb....but not as dumb as a LOT Of people naming their daughters Arya and Khaleesi, or Elsa. gently caress, parents are so stupid. Grow up people.

It's Kelly C, learn how to spell.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
To get ready for Season 6, I’ve been reading the Bad Threads. This is great. Haikus, poems, songs, gross hilarious stories, photoshops, banners, goons raging, creative ways of trolling Martin’s blog. It’s a goldmine.

It adds humor to the old posts knowing that as upset as everyone is, the release date of ADWD is even further away than any of them think. The pessimistic dates are so far off. And when it comes out, they won’t even like it much. Haha. Then they’ll have to wait 5+ more years. Those poor fuckers.

Jorenko posted:

Well, AFfC took longer (and ADwD is taking longer as well) because of the restructuring he had to do. I think it's reasonable to be a little optomistic at this point and say that the remaining books will be published...

* A Dance with Dragons (2008)
* The Winds of Winter (2010)
* A Time for Wolves (2012)

Withak posted:

I'm sensing some frustration in the writing department. :-/

http://grrm.livejournal.com/19164.html

Mr Crucial posted:

Less postin' more writin', you fat gently caress.

Okay, starting right here, release date spreadbetting. I'll take March 19 2008.

Navyguy2k5 posted:

He is a very frustrating author to wait for.

i am the bird posted:

Put me down for June 24th, 2008.

lapse posted:

You guys are optimistic. I say September 1, 2008. Just early enough so they won't delay for the holiday season.

Grum posted:

Too optimistic?

Private Snowball posted:

Can we just guess a month or does it have to be a specific date? If so I'll go with October 15, 2008. I don't think he'll get anything done for the rest of this year.

sisonpy posted:

Early 2009. Just in time for the HBO series

withak posted:

I'm claiming 01 June 2008, but not happily. :(

Anti-Hero posted:

I'm going to be vague and say early 2009, as well. That would make it 3.5 years overdue.

Altamir posted:

I'm going to try and take a positive spin on this and say that he's just tired of answering questions and e-mails about if he is still working on it. I'm sure they have only gotten worse since he chose to stop updating us at all about his progress.

I'll go ahead and say that we'll see the book sometime March 2008

Grum posted:

My serious estimate is mid 2008. I can't imagine it coming out early 2008, but he did say he'd expected it to be out by the time he went on that con trip to Japan which he's now skipping. So I'd imagine he isn't too far off.

But then you've got editing and printing and all that jazz oh god

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

How was this ever forgotten?

Yes, it's real.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Super Ninja Fish posted:

How was this ever forgotten?

Yes, it's real.

Fat pink mast is at full sail :allears:

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

A very hard job.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Evil Fluffy posted:

The ironborn were never cool.

Counterpoint: shut up.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Counterpoint: shut up.

counter counterpoint: No, you!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
GRRM jacking at your audition tape is probably the least harmful thing to happen to any woman auditioning for this show. Didn't we confirm that there was an HBO exec on set for the first few seasons suggesting where they could insert boobage?

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

This is all an elaborate All You Can Eat Catering and Casting Couch Audition excuse that got popular enough for 6 seasons!
GRRM you genius!

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

http://grrm.livejournal.com/103138.html

GRRM in 2009 posted:

It's no secret that HBO's Dany will start out older than Dany does in the book; that was a change that had to be made, if we wanted to keep the sex scenes, and David and Dan and I were all agreed that the sex scenes were essential. Tamzin can play much younger than her actual age (as she does when playing Katheryn) and her sex scenes on THE TUDORS were as hot as anything I've ever seen on TV.

Imagine how creeped out the actresses must have been when they were auditioning.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Wow something HUGE about Melisandre is revealed in the first episode of the season. I'm not sure if people want it posted in this thread so just check out the TV spoiler thread.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Wow something HUGE about Melisandre is revealed in the first episode of the season. I'm not sure if people want it posted in this thread so just check out the TV spoiler thread.

This thread is the best place to post spoilers.

Post them.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
What is rotten may never spoil.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

This thread is the best place to post spoilers.

Post them.

Ok.

Lloyd Boner posted:

From Reddit, a leaked screenshot from episode 1 of Mel sans glamour
http://i.imgur.com/wm261S7.jpg (:nws:)

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

emanresu tnuocca posted:

What is rotten may never spoil.

Much like Melisandre herself.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Eh that's not so bad for a bookie, but I must protest the continuing abuse of Stannis even in death.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
LOL, please D&D show every character that's ever been nude with saggy old lady tits.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013
Just a little sumptin' sumptin':

http://i.imgur.com/OjuuF0F.jpg

ETA: a bit bloody

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

AtAt-de-fay posted:

Just a little sumptin' sumptin':

http://i.imgur.com/OjuuF0F.jpg

ETA: a bit bloody

Is that Loras?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I hope not, I was recently burned by oil and it made me a fan.

Also a man kissed me.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I thought it was Loras at first as well but after comparing pictures I'm pretty sure it's Trystane.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Lol at Melisandre. Wasn't her being old theorized years ago anyway?

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

Well poo poo. I never even considered that :colbert:

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

Read this the first time as "twelve year old women auditioning for the part of Shae." I didn't even go "wait, what?" when I thought it said that, because it seemed plausible.

Super Ninja Fish posted:

To get ready for Season 6, I’ve been reading the Bad Threads. This is great. Haikus, poems, songs, gross hilarious stories, photoshops, banners, goons raging, creative ways of trolling Martin’s blog. It’s a goldmine.

If you find the song that someone wrote to the tune of Baby Got Back, please repost it. It was hilarious, and I went looking for it about a year ago and couldn't find it again.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Super Ninja Fish posted:

While waiting for one of the books ( afoc maybe ) I started reading back through the bad thread starting at the beginning, and it really is awesome. There is a real sweet spot somewhere, where everyone just starts to get loving mean and it is sweet indeed. How many posts is it total? Has to be like 40k ( no pun intended ). But right? didn't like 2 threads get killed at the 10k post limit or something?

rereading that page you linked to grms blog is just... loving read the comments. So rage inspiring at every level. That was also way back when you could actually get a criticism in about his writing pace.

Syncopated posted:

Lol at Melisandre. Wasn't her being old theorized years ago anyway?

Cool pic tho.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I wasn't aware there were still book people who thought Mel was above board even after she Glam'd Mance. I figured that was as close as GRRM gets to confirming someone doing shady poo poo.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

kcroy fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Apr 23, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Lol those posts guessing the release date of ADWD are hysterical.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
The other apparent spoiler is pretty funny too. Doran is killed, and Trystane too. Though GRMM probably does that differently in the book that will never come out

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Who the hell is Trystane?

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
Lol every Dorne character except the Sand Snakes get killed in the first episode. Ahahahaaha

edit: Hotah gets it first.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Zippy the Bummer posted:

Lol every Dorne character except the Sand Snakes get killed in the first episode. Ahahahaaha

edit: Hotah gets it first.

D&D have got to be trolling.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So much for Alexander siddig. Poor guy gets wasted in most of his roles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Bashir made it all 7 seasons of DS9.

God I hope it's lovely enough to get my parents to stop watching.