Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

SpacePig posted:

Why would you leave something small enough to steal and worth thousands of pounds overnight in a canvas-covered truck? Seems pretty easy to break in to.

I'd imagine because insurance will cover it and you get a cut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Those biscuits are so good but after eating more than 2 you can tell there's a lot of artificial flavoring and you get sick of it.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

The Swedish liberal party announced their new logo.

https://twitter.com/bjorklundjan/status/723840623095242752

:dong:

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice
Make Sweden erect again!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I see they're into Loss jokes as well

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Hello, yes, I'd like 412 biscuits, please.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

HisMajestyBOB posted:

Make Sweden erect again!
We also have a property management firm called Locum here which thought it would be cute to replace the o in their name with a heart a few years ago.

That didn't last long.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah that's about as much effort as I'd put in for the Wild too.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

theres no way any of those inch marks match up to actual inches

NuminaXLT
Nov 11, 2002

Mu Zeta posted:

Those biscuits are so good but after eating more than 2 you can tell there's a lot of artificial flavoring and you get sick of it.

Not Local Man though!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Snapchat A Titty posted:

theres no way any of those inch marks match up to actual inches

Any other science you want to drop on us, Mr. Wizard?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Any other science you want to drop on us, Mr. Wizard?

Yeah they should have used a sans serif font for the byline & the photo text

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Also the paragraphs are tight enough they could probably justify them and make the page more harmonic.

VoteTedJameson
Jan 10, 2014

And stack the four!
Oregon Man Tipped Prostitute With Primate Stolen From Pet Store: Police
Uhh...I think they spelled Florida wrong.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/oregon-man-tipped-prostitute-primate-stolen-pet-store-police-n561031

e: "...along with stolen Girl Scout cookie money and a laptop computer."

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.

e: sorry tables

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 04:39 on Apr 24, 2016

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
The amount of space between the guy's floated headshot and the actual text kind of hurts me

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

The amount of space between the guy's floated headshot and the actual text kind of hurts me

Yeah I'm as bothered by the design as I am by them forgetting to put the story in.

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

police break up 'domestic dispute' between man and pet parrot

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontario-domestic-man-parrot-1.3548543

"They heard him yelling and saying, 'I hope you die,' and so on and so forth," Bates said. "So we attended and we located the male of the household alone in the house screaming at his pet parrot who apparently was 'beaking off' at him, in his words."

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Rare Collectable posted:

police break up 'domestic dispute' between man and pet parrot

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontario-domestic-man-parrot-1.3548543

"They heard him yelling and saying, 'I hope you die,' and so on and so forth," Bates said. "So we attended and we located the male of the household alone in the house screaming at his pet parrot who apparently was 'beaking off' at him, in his words."

:nws: :nws: :nws: :nws: :nws: :nws:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZGNxOwIWl4

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

lmfao

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I'll pay her double to not do it.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

VoteTedJameson posted:

Oregon Man Tipped Prostitute With Primate Stolen From Pet Store: Police
Uhh...I think they spelled Florida wrong.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/oregon-man-tipped-prostitute-primate-stolen-pet-store-police-n561031

e: "...along with stolen Girl Scout cookie money and a laptop computer."

For the first time I get to say I actually know someone, I bought two corn snakes from him and volunteer at that pet store occasionally.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

Elohssa Gib posted:

For the first time I get to say I actually know someone, I bought two corn snakes from him and volunteer at that pet store occasionally.

How do you volunteer at a pet store? Do you mean you hang around and play with the animals, or are you ringing people up and stocking shelves without getting paid?

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

artsy fartsy posted:

How do you volunteer at a pet store?

I think it's a fairly common thing. I know a couple people who do this.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

I think it's a fairly common thing. I know a couple people who do this.

:confused: I worked at a pet store for a couple of years and we never had volunteers, and I never heard of it happening anywhere.

Now at the local animal shelter, sure thing. But the pet store was a pretty typical retail business with a revolving cast of employees.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

artsy fartsy posted:

How do you volunteer at a pet store? Do you mean you hang around and play with the animals, or are you ringing people up and stocking shelves without getting paid?

A lot of pet stores double as shelters for strays, or as the adoption outreach partner to a normal shelter.

It's entirely possible this is a regional thing.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Zany Zoo was more than a pet store, they had lots of weird animals you could pet, and brought in schools for field trips, that sort of stuff. I could see them getting volunteers, especially since the owner evidently tips in monkeys.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I don't think I've seen a pet store that actually sold pets in some years. They sell pet supplies now, and the actual animals are bought from breeders and/or shelters.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

I don't think I've seen a pet store that actually sold pets in some years. They sell pet supplies now, and the actual animals are bought from breeders and/or shelters.

Chains, as in brands seem to have gone that way, but the no name on the corner, somehow still surviving pet stores still sell animals.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Most pet stores I've been to sell things like fish, lizards and rodents. They also might host an adoption event for cats and dogs.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Meskhenet posted:

Chains, as in brands seem to have gone that way, but the no name on the corner, somehow still surviving pet stores still sell animals.

They still survive by either being more exotic and/or shadier than the chain stores in their animal selection. I've never seen one outside tv actually selling monkeys though.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
My dad bought a monkey from the back of a comic book when he was a kid, I think it was actually delivered to his house by the postman. Things went about as well as you'd think they would :smith:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Crow Jane posted:

My dad bought a monkey from the back of a comic book when he was a kid, I think it was actually delivered to his house by the postman. Things went about as well as you'd think they would :smith:

Please go into further detail on this

Alternatively: I didn't know you were adopted

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Aesop Poprock posted:

Please go into further detail on this

Alternatively: I didn't know you were adopted

I'll have to ask him for more details next time I see him, but the gist of it is he saved up his allowance and sent it in without my grandparents knowing, thinking he'd get a little monkey buddy. Instead, he got a terrified, sick, half-starved animal that he had no idea how to take care of or even feed, and that had no interest in making friends with him or anyone else. About the only thing it liked doing was throwing it's poo poo around. I think they ended up donating it to a zoo or something after a couple weeks, but I could easily see my grandmother just letting it loose on the streets. Any which way, poor monkey.

edit: It was probably an ad something like this:

Crow Jane has a new favorite as of 18:42 on Apr 27, 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jesus :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I think when they say "Almost human with it's warm eyes.", it means it will pluck your bloody, still-warm eyes from your skull in a fit of banana-madness.