Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

:swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

omg what a good birb you are :kimchi:

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Omg I wanna hold a tiny birb :3:

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

There's a bird outside my window tussling with the landscaping, trying to find nest fibers. Every time I get my camera ready, it's gone. Dammit, birb, I want to make you internet famous. (It turns into a feathery tornado trying to pull out the dead weeds, it's pretty cute.)

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

Instant Jellyfish posted:

When I saw my dog's petfinder page the rescue had a video of him posted where he was waggling his dumb little nub and I knew I had to have him.

Love this woggle doggle and his silly butt flag :3:

The front end is pretty ridiculous too.

Gotta love that nub :3:

That's kinda how it went when I adopted my dog. We had been looking for a dog at the local shelters for ~4 months and just couldn't find one that had the right temperament, was the right size, etc... Then one day I check the shelter's site and find this guy:

We hopped straight in the car and brought him home. Best decision ever. Tycho's a good dog.

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you
Was looking through pictures of my Oscar as a puppy and remembered the hardcore napper thread title.

This was a few years ago though...

clearly not much has changed.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Live from my backyard: a grumpy cardinal chick.

I thought it was a stray rock and almost kicked it away.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
One of the few good things about the place I work is that we work in a park on occasion and if you are sat in one of the areas a whole heaping helping of birds will fly down out of the trees and eat seed from your hand. Great Tits, Robins and Chaffinches are all there, so it is just lovely.

Strenots
Jun 21, 2005

'Course it's a good idea!

Crosspost. We picked up Annie today. This is maybe an hour since we got in the door with her. I'd say she's settling in alright.

As I type this she audibly farted, and it's burning my nosehairs.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Here is a new foster kitten, relaxing in a basket :3:

Ahhh~

Oh no!! :kimchi:

Also, some kittens playing in their kitten fort, formerly known as the 2nd bathroom

(sorry for the crappy quality, my phone is bad and these kittens don't stay still)

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Strenots posted:

Yes, yes she is.

What happen to Annie feets? :ohdear:

Knorth posted:

Here is a new foster kitten, relaxing in a basket :3:

Ahhh~

Oh no!! :kimchi:

Also, some kittens playing in their kitten fort, formerly known as the 2nd bathroom

(sorry for the crappy quality, my phone is bad and these kittens don't stay still)

Is that... A shower stall made into a jungle adventure kitten terrarium?!? :neckbeard:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Busket Posket posted:

Is that... A shower stall made into a jungle adventure kitten terrarium?!? :neckbeard:

Yes. Yes, it is. :)

Also, here are some very friendly peacock babies. They like grapes, and squeaking. Constantly. Even as they're falling asleep.

Strenots
Jun 21, 2005

'Course it's a good idea!

Busket Posket posted:

What happen to Annie feets? :ohdear:

No clue what happened to her leg, she came in as an already amputated stray. Bandages on her feet are from the removal of some problematic dew claws that they took care of while she was down for her spaying. She apparently had extra toes/weird growths? Not a condition I've dealt with in a dog before.

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you

Strenots posted:

As I type this she audibly farted, and it's burning my nosehairs.

Dog farts = dog love

I don't know why, but it's true.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Knorth posted:

Yes. Yes, it is. :)

Also, here are some very friendly peacock babies. They like grapes, and squeaking. Constantly. Even as they're falling asleep.

You're fostering cats and birds at the same time? I respect your bravery.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

chaos rhames posted:

A peacock could probably take a kitten on in a fight.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

chaos rhames posted:

There has been an incident or two with the momcats and the chickens but the dogs, kittens and birds are remarkably friendly with each other :) the most tense things get are when the kittens get too close to my old grumpy cat, she doesn't have any patience for curious kittens any more :3:

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Nuebot posted:

A peacock could probably take a kitten on in a fight.

youd be surprised:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3nEjN0Pg9Q

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

nockturne
Aug 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Snow White is Scandinavian?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Incidentally I found out I'm extremely allergic to cats so no pets for me :gbsmith:

Post your favorite fluffy cats please.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

oh holky gently caress

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Alder posted:

Incidentally I found out I'm extremely allergic to cats so no pets for me :gbsmith:

Post your favorite fluffy cats please.

I'm sorry friend :glomp: I'm allergic too, but the toxoplasmosis got me so I just pop Benadryl.

Here's Lazafloof:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

What is the point of these cuts exactly

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Once everything regrows, the bits that were left alone will be big and floofy like a lion.

Or at least that what I'm guessing. :v:

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

To keep cats with long, fluffy costs cooler in the summer. It's also for human entertainment.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah, their comfort, our entertainment.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I went back two pages and saw nothing about this so I'm reasonably sure I'm not just reposting something.

And the full video

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

SynthOrange posted:

Yeah, their comfort, our entertainment.

It's also helpful for cats whose coats tend to get very matted and tangled beyond the power of combs and brushes to deal with.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Half Bluejay, half Canary, all Birb.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Because I don't post my cat enough on the internet Until he heard the camera on my phone he had been asleep. This picture shows off his absurdly fluffy belly, I don't know why he's got stomach flab like he does because he's actually a thin cat and the vet always exclaims about how happy she is that he's consistently the perfect weight or near to it with every checkup.

Shortly after the picture was taken he sleepily followed me around headbutting me until I pet him and then he drooled all over me. :sigh:

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

Alteisen posted:

Pretty much what's been said. At full length Tari's hair mats up in his armpits despite our best efforts to brush him. He also gets pretty miserably hot. Of course it's entertaining for us, but the improvement in his attitude afterwards is night and day. He's so much more affectionate!

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Alteisen posted:

What other people said plus we do it because we got sick of frequent hairball puke piles. We've been doing it with 2 cats for 5 years and I think our 2 long hairs have only left us 2 of the aforementioned magickal presents in that time.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Nuebot posted:

I don't know why he's got stomach flab like he does because he's actually a thin cat and the vet always exclaims about how happy she is that he's consistently the perfect weight or near to it with every checkup.

It's a primordial pouch: http://pets.thenest.com/primordial-pouch-cats-11178.html One of our cats has a prominent one, but we still think of it as her gut because she demands food so fricking often.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Since we're posting cats now, here's mine, her name is Toffee:

Currently she lives at my mom's house but when my sister moves out she's going to take the cat with her. She was a stray that we took in a year or so ago because she was so skinny and sad looking that my sister refused to leave her. I'm kinda glad we did because she turned out to be like the most affectionate cat I've ever seen.

She's teeny tiny, always has been, both in width and height. We haven't ever been able to figure out why but boy is she cute.

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 15:38 on Apr 23, 2016

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

CJacobs posted:

Currently she lives at my mom's house but when my sister moves out she's going to take the cat with her. She was a stray that we took in a year or so ago because she was so skinny and sad looking that my sister refused to leave her. I'm kinda glad we did because she turned out to be like the most affectionate cat I've ever seen.

She's teeny tiny, always has been, both in width and height. We haven't ever been able to figure out why but boy is she cute.

If she was a stray, there's a good chance she had kittens before she was fully grown. Most cats take a year to hit full size, but they can get pregnant from four months on, and if they do their bodies will basically halt their growth so it can dedicate resources to the pregnancy.

Or she could just be a lil cat.

MikeJF has a new favorite as of 15:41 on Apr 23, 2016

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

CJacobs posted:

So tiny :3:

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

CJacobs posted:

Nuebot posted:

Shortly after the picture was taken he sleepily followed me around headbutting me until I pet him and then he drooled all over me. :sigh:

These are some A+ cattes. :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer
I've been deployed overseas for the last year, and unfortunately me and the missus lost our oldest soon after I came home on leave a few months ago.

This is Connie. She was a Very Good Catte.

I miss her so very much.