Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

"And I Am Telling You" is one of those songs all queens should have on lock. Maybe listen to it once as a reminder but it's cannon. Maybe worry about the version (Holliday or Hudson? OCR or Tony Awards?) but it shouldn't add to the stress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Golbez posted:

Please explain the mini challenge to me because I did not understand what at all the questions had to do with the answers. Was it simply "this is a true statement, so guess if he's top or bottom?"

Yes. "This is a true statement, guess if he prefers the top bunk or the bottom bunk."

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

ALFbrot posted:

I can't get over the fact that Chi Chi didn't even listen to the song or practice in Untucked and just kind of lounged around talking about how expensive she looked. That was a stunning lipsync.

I'm guessing a 12-year-old Chi Chi did that exact performance in front of of a full length mirror in her grandma's swamp cabin roughly 1400 times

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
It's a song Chi Chi does at her home gig, or at least they do a Dreamgirld revue according to Reddit, so it's not surprising she knows it.

Also if you haven't seen Jennifer Holliday do And I'm Telling You (around 3:10)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCDDx2JFnaQ

There's a reason she snatched that Tony.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I'm delighted when I think about Chi Chi crawling her way onto Drag Race despite being penniless, in court for bankruptcy, gnawing on gizzards and comparing it to the fact that Chi Chi is now set for loving LIFE as far as gigs go.

Girl is going to travel the loving globe.

OhHiMaahk posted:

I believe the red-headed pit crew member is actually straight, so him being a bottom had me pretty confused.
Straight dudes are getting into that buttstuff now. It's the cool, new hip thing that all the kids are doin'.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

caligulamprey posted:

Straight dudes are getting into that buttstuff now. It's the cool, new hip thing that all the kids are doin'.

Now if only it were hip and fresh to get them into middle aged guys with too many cats I'd be set.

Rewatched this morning, still got chills during her LSFYL.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

criscodisco posted:

Now if only it were hip and fresh to get them into middle aged guys with too many cats I'd be set.

Rewatched this morning, still got chills during her LSFYL.

I don't know if I could rewatch this episode yet. It kinda stressed me out personally

Grape Juice Vampire
Aug 1, 2009
For everyone talking about Thorgy's cartwheel, I don't think it was a desperation move. You can see her do a little wave right before she turns it and I think it was her version of Tammie's little shimmy. "Welp, I'm outta here, might as well have fun!"

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Yeah, I noticed that on my re-watch this morning, too.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
I'll miss Thorgy. She was a neurotic over-the-top perfectionist with weird self esteem issues, but she was loving good.

:patriot:

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Has anyone seen Bob's new YT series "Bobbin' Around" which he films on a phone and edits on the plane? Fun to see him going to gigs and meeting other queens. In Chicago recently we learned Kim Chi can give you the best restaurant to get any food you want in the city along with approximate cost!

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Kim Chi can give you the best restaurant to get any food you want in the city along with approximate cost!
Wanna take that queen on my next vacation

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

CaptainScraps posted:

Thorgy looked like she smelled like an old sponge and I'm glad to see her stinky dreads gone.

:lol: well put. I kinda agree, I've never really liked Thorgy as much as a lot of other people seem to, and even though she sells herself as a comedy queen I just don't find her remotely funny. Way too clownish, and not a lot of surprises. Her LSFYL this episode was a good example; completely inappropriate hammy delivery, no emotion, no insight, just irritating.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Trig Discipline posted:

:lol: well put. I kinda agree, I've never really liked Thorgy as much as a lot of other people seem to, and even though she sells herself as a comedy queen I just don't find her remotely funny. Way too clownish, and not a lot of surprises. Her LSFYL this episode was a good example; completely inappropriate hammy delivery, no emotion, no insight, just irritating.
I liked Thorgy's attitude at first even if her actual drag and performance was "eh" to me in a number of ways, but then the weird... sullen, unselfconfident teenager poo poo started appearing more and more frequently.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I get that Thorgy's character is supposed to be like an over the top Joan Crawfordesque thing but I don't like it.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Somehow I won a lunch with Cynthia Lee Fontaine next week. Neat. What should I ask her?

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

CaptainScraps posted:

Somehow I won a lunch with Cynthia Lee Fontaine next week. Neat. What should I ask her?

You have to ask her about her cucu obviously.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Ask her who she would have been in Snatch Game! Oh, and what's her best outfit in drag! Who did she get along with best? Any interesting stories with touring?

:allears: I love her.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

CaptainScraps posted:

Probably to repeat herself

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

big black turnout posted:

BAM

But seriously that sounds fun as heck.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

big black turnout posted:

lmao A+

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Trig Discipline posted:

But seriously that sounds fun as heck.
Yeah I mean, of all the queens from S8 I'd want to go to dinner lunch with, she is probably on the top just because there is no way it wouldn't be fun and delightful :kimchi:

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

CaptainScraps posted:

That's really cool! Congrats!

Ask her what her favorite song is to lip sync to. :allears:

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I will. Honestly I'm more interested in talking to her about the Austin drag scene because it's loving weird.

Austin spawned Christeene. And this. :nws: https://youtu.be/fU3Hce8jkXs :nws:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Boy that sure was a thing I just watched.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

CaptainScraps posted:

I will. Honestly I'm more interested in talking to her about the Austin drag scene because it's loving weird.
This is what I was gonna suggest asking her about, actually, because the Austin drag scene is intensely weird and dark and depraved and it seems so farfetched that it ever could have spawned such a cheerful entity as Seeeeentia. Totally befuddling when she came on and announced her hometown, like "What? You're adorable and beat for the gods and don't even pee on the audience during your opening number, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?"

Nothing, is the answer. But it's still curious.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Yodzilla posted:

Boy that sure was a thing I just watched.

AGREED

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
Chi Chi made a mini Bob, complete with Purse Purse.

Mr. Owl
Jan 24, 2008
After watching the preview, I'd put money on Naomi and Derrick to be lipsyncing... Chi Chi's puppet Bob seemed really similar to Puppet Bianca, must be a new york thing.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

CaptainScraps posted:

Austin spawned Christeene. And this. :nws: https://youtu.be/fU3Hce8jkXs :nws:

:stare:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

This episode is :nyd: defined.

the popular kids
Dec 27, 2010

Time for some thrilling heroics.
Chi Chi has never looked better holy poo poo. She looks drop dead gorgeous in that paper dress.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Tendai posted:

I liked Thorgy's attitude at first even if her actual drag and performance was "eh" to me in a number of ways, but then the weird... sullen, unselfconfident teenager poo poo started appearing more and more frequently.

Thiiiiiiis. I love how people rave about Ru being blindly in love with ghetto queens when people are defending camp queens to death.

Also, maybe instead of thinking too much about the rules of the bottom/top poo poo, we should really appreciate that the show is so accepted and acknowledged that a hot, straight guy want's to join the pit crew without feeling nothing but pride and happiness :3:

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Emily A. Stanton posted:

Chi Chi has never looked better holy poo poo. She looks drop dead gorgeous in that paper dress.
I also loved her book dress. Much, much better than her previous attempts at glamour.

Also I loving love both Amy and David Sedaris and Bob wasn't in any real danger but still got to show his skills, so this was a good episode for me. I've never been impressed with Derrick, so that was the cherry on top. :byewhore:

Next week is gonna be rough. I was sure Naomi wouldn't make it this far, but she's been slaying these past few episodes.

e: whoops spoilers

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
drat, Carson knows his Jefferson's

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

ok so I just started the runway but holy gently caress Darrick's eyebrows oh my god please tell me The Curse Of Visage stays strong this episode

ETA
ok cool phew hail satan, etc.

this is not the top 4 I was expecting, but hot drat if I'm not psyched! all the queens are POC and I dunno why but I really dig that.

the escape goat fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Apr 26, 2016

Alvarez IV
Aug 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
I said it last week and it bears repeating: this is, by far, the best season of Drag Race for lip-sync songs. Two modern pop songs more or less written to be performed by drag queens, two absolute classics that I'm surprised it took this long to get to, two songs by 80s icons, a dance remix, and now the first ever (excluding songs involving RuPaul himself) male song. And not a country ballad in sight! Hopefully Season 9 gets a bit weirder with choices though. More songs in foreign languages, some rap or metal would be interesting, or even another male song. Don't tell me that Don't Stop Me Now isn't basically already Freddie Mercury's audition tape for any and every season of RPDR, all of which he would win without even removing his mustache.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

That episode was very emotionally satisfying. :byewhore:

Top 3 guess:

Bob
Kim Chi
Chi Chi

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I can't believe I just saw a bunch of drag queens dressed up like jerri blank. magical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
John Polly pointed out something interesting; top 4 is three black guys and a korean guy. Not that it's surprising, I just hadn't thought about it in those terms until someone pointed it out.

• Locked thread