Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Twiddy posted:

Same for Shaft with apparently unlimited budget.

2017 looking to be a good year.

I look forward to Fate upon Fate for the remainder of my years.

I like how Nasu said CCC was the last Fate-related project, but now we have, and very likely two, Fate anime coming out within the next few years, and that's ignoring the already announced movies. I'd like to see more of his other stuff, or an entirely new franchise, but goddamn Fate makes a lot of money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Freak Futanari posted:

Artemis has a cute voice and a cute character design and i hope the next event gives me the 10 plumes i need to max out her last skill.

I think her voice is cute and that her design would be cute if it was drawn by a different artist.

Sylphid posted:

I look forward to Fate upon Fate for the remainder of my years.

I like how Nasu said CCC was the last Fate-related project, but now we have, and very likely two, Fate anime coming out within the next few years, and that's ignoring the already announced movies. I'd like to see more of his other stuff, or an entirely new franchise, but goddamn Fate makes a lot of money.

Same. Fate makes a lot of money, but you can kinda tell that Nasu's just having a blast doing whatever with the franchise especially in FGO where Servant upon Servant keeps being added to the fray (and all the 4th wall breaking moments during events)

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
I'm still hoping for a Tsukihime anime one day.

Pureauthor posted:

Read the manga.

I have.

Hommando fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Apr 23, 2016

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Hommando posted:

Read the manga.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Hommando posted:

I have.
Goddamn, you already got a modernized Arcuied. What more do you want? Give the Fate franchise some breathing room. YOU'RE SMOTHERING IT!

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

RanKizama posted:

Goddamn, you already got a modernized Arcuied.

And that's just terrible. I'm all about the long skirt.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Hommando posted:

I have.

They already made one

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Namtab posted:

They already made one
You kiss your mother with that mouth?

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
overused old, bad jokes, are bad

also fgo
a semi-serious extended version of carnival phantasm

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This video will just be GudaGuda Honnoji but with Oda in Radcliffe's place and Okita as John Smith

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uIcaj3cUV0

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Hommando posted:

And that's just terrible. I'm all about the long skirt.

I don't really care about the whole Skirt Length Debate on new Arc, but I love how her hair is more wild and unkept and has a bunch more obvious split ends. It actually looks like her sister tore it off with Vampire Claws now.

I think her slightly more streamlined sweater suits her as well.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Arcueid with a short skirt isn't Arcueid.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I like the boots

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
I have this to offer to Grand Order chat

Shielder is a very cute girl.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Please use her proper name Matthew thank you very much.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I will accept Arcueid in her new form because she is my favorite Type-Moon next to Shiki Ryougi

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Sylphid posted:

I have this to offer to Grand Order chat

Shielder is a very cute girl.

HI!

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

I still feel like all watching Fate/Zero first does is give you a really weird view of what the Fate series is actually like.

So after a long time, I decided to watch F/Zero and there are certainly some differences from the original.

First one is the one everyone complained when the UBW anime came out: the cast is mostly grown up, there are no high school hijinks at all which is a nice change from most anime out there.

The other is how in F/Z modern technology (mostly guns) and magic meets in a way not present in the main FSN series. In the UBW anime, Fate/Extra and Grand Order they do show how modern mages create magical sci-fi contraptions but those are different.
It might be just Urobuchi's hardon for guns though...

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
If EMIYA-Assassin somehow ends up being some kind of Kiritsugu servant, I hope his Quick attacks are with the Calico, and his Noble Phantasm the Contender.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Whats with all the Brynhildr/Jeanne Alter yuri

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Whats with all the ____________ yuri

I think you answered your own question.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Whats with all the Brynhildr/Jeanne Alter yuri

From the DaVinci event, Jeanne Alter basically wanted to be an otome protag and have her own pretty boy harem for avenging and a best gal-friend which was gonna be Bryn, but Bryn was super gay for her instead.

So, basically like a typical otome.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That sounds pretty Nasu yeah

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Baal posted:

I should go over Seorin's LPs and count the number of times he jokes (?) about Arihiko or Issei being gay...

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Baal posted:

I've discussed with a friend what an otome game by Nasu would be like and we concluded that we'd be horrified

That said, I can relate with Jeanne Alter, her choice in dudes were A+

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Compendium posted:

I've discussed with a friend what an otome game by Nasu would be like and we concluded that we'd be horrified

That said, I can relate with Jeanne Alter, her choice in dudes were A+

Wasn't Fate Prototype basically an Otome game? All the cute hero boys wanted the mousey magic nerd girl for their waifu.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Oh wow, AU AU Prisma Shirou takes down the other six Servant/Human fusions by himself as fast as possible and wins the Holy Grail War. All of the cards sent to Prisma Ilya's universe are from the people he beat, and they apparently just came along with Miyu.

We've got a new contender for the Strongest Shirou powerlevel debate.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

Oh wow, AU AU Prisma Shirou takes down the other six Servant/Human fusions by himself as fast as possible and wins the Holy Grail War. All of the cards sent to Prisma Ilya's universe are from the people he beat, and they apparently just came along with Miyu.

Wow, you're saying Prisma sucks, do tell

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

BlitzBlast posted:

Sometimes I forget that Prism Ilya is literal licensed fanfiction and then someone describes it to me again.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Freak Futanari posted:

Arcueid with a short skirt isn't Arcueid.

And Ciel without coke bottle glasses isn't Ciel. :colbert:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Rodyle posted:

The big AU AU Shirou flashback just ended so we're about due for the big, silly Alternate Heaven's Feel plot arc to fall off the wagon so Ilya can somehow save the world from turning into Notes.

It sucks, I know.

Twiddy posted:

Sometimes I forget that Prism Ilya is literal licensed fanfiction and then someone describes it to me again.

Drei has been the wildest ride. :allears:
Ilya is seriously a lovely protagonist though.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Rodyle posted:

But the fight scenes and the funny maids and Luvia being an important character though... :(

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Started reading 蒼銀のフラグメンツ, the Fate/Prototype novelization by Hikaru Sakurai, over the weekend and it's a lot more readable than I was expecting, though admittedly my baseline there was like, DDD, which I never got around to finishing the first volume of.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Twiddy posted:

It's what lets it be so wacky, though.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Rodyle posted:

I'm gonna gently caress you up :ssj:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Sanguinia posted:

Wasn't Fate Prototype basically an Otome game? All the cute hero boys wanted the mousey magic nerd girl for their waifu.

I hesitate to call it that to be honest. It was supposed to be more of a dark story centered around Ayaka, kind of like how Kara no Kyoukai was all about Shiki with little to zero reverse harem antics. But then again, Prototype Gil wants to marry Ayaka and Saber is her prince, so yeah, it's basically otome.

I can see it being taken on by an otome VN studio known for messed up poo poo like Rejet and I would definitely play the hell out of it.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Id play if there was an Ozymandias route

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

The big AU AU Shirou flashback just ended so we're about due for the big, silly Alternate Heaven's Feel plot arc to fall off the wagon so Ilya can somehow save the world from turning into Notes.

It sucks, I know.

Notes also sucks.

Silver2195 posted:

By the way, am I the only one who doesn't get Notes? All it really does is introduce two bland characters and a confusing setting and then expect us to cry, but some people seem to consider it THE COOLEST THING EVER, seemingly entirely because the glossary mentions some really big explosions.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

hot takes from team silver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Silver2195 posted:

Notes also sucks.

That's what I said!