Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Also it probably doesn't count as a showtune but I loved the version of Walk Like A Man in Jersey Boys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

The Ninth Layer posted:

I was told to contribute, so uh, to contribute, I think everyone who called KK's posts scummy or annoying is scummy.

Even if you're saying that KKs posting style isn't alignment-specific, what's scummy about casing him / calling it out?

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

Murmur Twin posted:

Even if you're saying that KKs posting style isn't alignment-specific, what's scummy about casing him / calling it out?

because no one else was contributing either during the jokephase. The way everyone was trying to feel out a lynch without voting and looking for the easiest case is scummy.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

I think it's scummy for someone who has done nothing but post jokes turn on Khris Kruel for "adding nothing" with his effortful PR. It's an easy scum bait type suspicion, something scum see and go "oh other people think this is annoying, they won't mind if I vote on it."

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

I got scum vibes from:
- Infinitum (his response to my jokevote felt weird)
- KK (pot PR is dumb)
- tpink (from earlier)

pretty sure one of them are scum maybe more.

I think these reads are fake. Infinitum's response to Eccos jokevote was reasonable if not tongue-in-cheek, KK talking in a PR is not scummy, and I feel like tpinks posting is consistent with a new town player.

Eccos posting reads like scum who is giving the impression of content with jokevotes and musical chat. Her "reads" post is the only attempt at gameplay, and while I get that it's early, I don't feel like her read on Infinitum in particular makes any sense.

##vote Ecco

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Khris Kruel posted:

because no one else was contributing either during the jokephase. The way everyone was trying to feel out a lynch without voting and looking for the easiest case is scummy.

I think you're attributing too much intent behind a very early vote. There isn't much functional difference between "feeling out a lynch" and "making a bad case/vote to see how people react".

Are you saying you think Infinitum was making a good faith effort to get you lynched? (Same question to TNL)

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I already answered that question.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Murmur Twin posted:

I don't feel like her read on Infinitum in particular makes any sense.

I'm sorry for trying to put words to my suspicion. Pretend instead I said "gut."

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
the deadline is in like 9 hours apparently.

I think it's scummy that KK did pot role play. it's one thing to participate in musicalchat in a musical game, it's another to be aloof of the whole thing in the first place.

I think Infinitum has had low level scum background noise; something about his posting feels off.

I think giving tpink a total pass because he's new is wrong. maybe we shouldn't vote for him today (I have long advocated that policy), but don't pretend like his reaction a few days ago wouldn't have been scummy coming from anyone else.

I think murmur comes off bad for going after me instead of - say - the half dozen players who haven't said anything substantive yet. my suspicions were clearly an inch above "gut," haranguing me because of that felt opportunistic, like she hoped to get rid of a strong mafia player early on (or at least put me on the defensive). I know people will dismiss this as omgus but it's true.

murmur's vote on pig was bad as well. a meta vote about how pig wants to leave jokephase, like it's a bad thing? talk about fake cases.

so yeah I think I'd be fine vote for any four of them but I'd probably prefer murmur or Infinitum or kk maybe in that order too idk

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
Votecount for Day 1

EccoRaven (2): SirSamVimes, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
Khris Kruel (2): Infinitum, EccoRaven, Infinitum, Infinitum, Absurd Revolver, Absurd Revolver
Infinitum (1): EccoRaven, tpink, EccoRaven, tpink, EccoRaven, Absurd Revolver, EccoRaven, Absurd Revolver, The Ninth Layer
garthoneeye (1): Kumbamontu
CCKeane (1): CapitalistPig
Absurd Revolver (1): Khris Kruel
Kumbamontu (0): EccoRaven, EccoRaven
tpink (0): Kumbamontu, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, Kumbamontu
CapitalistPig (0): Infinitum, Infinitum, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin

Not Voting (5): Absurd Revolver, CCKeane, garthoneeye, kaschei, tpink

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is April 23rd, 2016 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 9 hours, 18 minutes.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

I think murmur comes off bad for going after me instead of - say - the half dozen players who haven't said anything substantive yet. my suspicions were clearly an inch above "gut," haranguing me because of that felt opportunistic, like she hoped to get rid of a strong mafia player early on (or at least put me on the defensive). I know people will dismiss this as omgus but it's true.

So tpinks doesn't get a pass because they're new but you should get a pass because you're a strong player?
My case is that your "substance" (the post I cased and this one I'm replying to) feels more like scum making fake opinions than town trying to crack the case.

quote:

murmur's vote on pig was bad as well. a meta vote about how pig wants to leave jokephase, like it's a bad thing? talk about fake cases.

Do you think I voted Cpig because I was trying to whip up momentum on him? Or to see how he'd reacted to the slightest of prodding / move the game out of jokephase?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Murmur Twin posted:

So tpinks doesn't get a pass because they're new but you should get a pass because you're a strong player?
I never said I get a pass, your suspicion against me felt fake and opportunistic. these aren't comparable and it's interesting that you're trying to discredit my suspicion by making a false comparison.

Murmur Twin posted:

Do you think I voted Cpig because I was trying to whip up momentum on him? Or to see how he'd reacted to the slightest of prodding / move the game out of jokephase?
so you're saying you voted for pig despite not thinking he was scum?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

EccoRaven posted:

so you're saying you voted for pig despite not thinking he was scum?

to expand on this since I didn't mean to make it sound so "gotcha!" but:

you don't want me to use your cpig vote against you because you weren't making it "sincerely" - you didn't truly think he was scum, you just wanted to get a reaction. but that's kind of scummy. it's one thing if it's a jokevote and is clearly a jokevote; it's another for you to make a vote, make it seem like a real one, but then say "jk" as soon as you receive pressure for it.

combined with your case on me I'm left wondering "does she really think I'm scum? or does she just want a reaction?" which is both unhelpful for the town but really convenient if you're scum.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

I find it interesting that Ecco thinks because my posting was about pot that that's more scummy than anything else. Ecco and TNL are the only two in this game that should recognize the :smokes a bowl: line from me

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

I think you're attributing too much intent behind a very early vote. There isn't much functional difference between "feeling out a lynch" and "making a bad case/vote to see how people react".

Are you saying you think Infinitum was making a good faith effort to get you lynched? (Same question to TNL)

I don't want to attribute too much behind an early vote, but there's not much else to go on. It's not like there's a mountain of evidence we can dig through here.

I give Infinitum a pass on his vote because it was original thought. Absurd's vote was "me too!" which is the part I found scummy.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

I don't think Ecco should be lynched. While I think Ecco is pinging my radar, they are contributing and posting thoughts and reads, and we shouldn't punish players for putting themselves out there.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

scum almost always lurk and stay away from attention

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Khris Kruel posted:

I don't think Ecco should be lynched. While I think Ecco is pinging my radar, they are contributing and posting thoughts and reads, and we shouldn't punish players for putting themselves out there.

I actually agree with this. I'm in it to have fun, and even though I have a scum read on Ecco I'd rather have someone around who I feel confident will post enough to prove or disprove my read.

Khris Kruel posted:

scum almost always lurk and stay away from attention

I agree with this as well, so I'm back to ##vote CPig

CapitalistPig posted:

So uhh, we really haven't done any actual mafiaing yet.

Who is the scum?

I can't shake the feeling that this is Pig trying to sound town (the "uhh" felt forced to me) instead of something he'd actually say, and even if it is he hasn't contributed any solid reads yet.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

to expand on this since I didn't mean to make it sound so "gotcha!" but:

you don't want me to use your cpig vote against you because you weren't making it "sincerely" - you didn't truly think he was scum, you just wanted to get a reaction. but that's kind of scummy. it's one thing if it's a jokevote and is clearly a jokevote; it's another for you to make a vote, make it seem like a real one, but then say "jk" as soon as you receive pressure for it.

combined with your case on me I'm left wondering "does she really think I'm scum? or does she just want a reaction?" which is both unhelpful for the town but really convenient if you're scum.

What does it matter what I think? All that matters is if the point I'm making is valid or not.

How is me wanting a reaction unhelpful for town?

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
The deadline in just under :siren: 4 hours :siren: from this post.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Khris Kruel (2): Infinitum, EccoRaven, Infinitum, Infinitum, Absurd Revolver, Absurd Revolver
EccoRaven (1): SirSamVimes, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
CapitalistPig (1): Infinitum, Infinitum, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
Infinitum (1): EccoRaven, tpink, EccoRaven, tpink, EccoRaven, Absurd Revolver, EccoRaven, Absurd Revolver, The Ninth Layer
garthoneeye (1): Kumbamontu
CCKeane (1): CapitalistPig
Absurd Revolver (1): Khris Kruel
Kumbamontu (0): EccoRaven, EccoRaven
tpink (0): Kumbamontu, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, Kumbamontu

Not Voting (5): Absurd Revolver, CCKeane, garthoneeye, kaschei, tpink

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is April 23rd, 2016 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 hours, 54 minutes.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Well that crept up on us quickly.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Who's gonna be around for deadline?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
I'm going to be gone for the deadline, so I'm going to vote on the fly and just randomly pick one of the four people with one vote, so I'm not accused of any more bandwagoning.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Aaaand....

##vote: CapitalistPig

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Khris Kruel posted:

"She's def town because she's playing in a way scum wouldn't"

:ironicat:

Ecco+KK for scumteam

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Murmur Twin posted:

What does it matter what I think? All that matters is if the point I'm making is valid or not.

How is me wanting a reaction unhelpful for town?

Nah I didn't actually think that murmur, I was just poking you for your reaction.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

EccoRaven posted:

Nah I didn't actually think that murmur, I was just poking you for your reaction.

(this is why it's unhelpful for town but good for scum - you get to look like you're making a substantive case but immediately back down from it as soon as you receive pushback without looking like that's what's happening. this is scummy.)

Infinitum posted:

that's actually a good use of WIFOM.

do you have any substantive opinions this game infinitum or is it mostly jokes and snipes?

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

I can't shake the feeling that this is Pig trying to sound town (the "uhh" felt forced to me) instead of something he'd actually say, and even if it is he hasn't contributed any solid reads yet.

Actually I agree with this. Cpig commenting on no reads but not trying to find reads is scummy as well. Since it's 4 hours and no one wants to lynch Absurd, I'm down for a Cpig vote.

##unvote ##vote CapitalistPig

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Infinitum posted:

:ironicat:

Ecco+KK for scumteam

Ecco is a strong enough player to WIFOM it up, but why murder someone that is contributing on Day 1 when we can kill someone that's lurking and isn't contributing?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Khris Kruel posted:

Ecco is a strong enough player to WIFOM it up, but why murder someone that is contributing on Day 1 when we can kill someone that's lurking and isn't contributing?

Because it doesn't exonerate them from being scum?

Noones above suspicion.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Infinitum posted:

Because it doesn't exonerate them from being scum?

Noones above suspicion.

why would you kill people contributing before lurkers? You can't get reads on lurkers

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

What'd you learn?

EccoRaven posted:

(this is why it's unhelpful for town but good for scum - you get to look like you're making a substantive case but immediately back down from it as soon as you receive pushback without looking like that's what's happening. this is scummy.)

"Contents of a case" and "reactions to a case" are different things.

Regarding content: A meta read on CPig, by itself, is not enough for me to mentally form a scum read on him. The fact that I think your original effortpost and followup OMGUS are scummy, are much stronger points that, in my mind, justify a scum read on you.

Regarding reactions: Either you get reactions, or you don't. You don't lose points for trying something that doesn't immediately nail a scum, especially on D1.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

EccoRaven posted:

do you have any substantive opinions this game infinitum or is it mostly jokes and snipes?

My substantive opinion is never stop joke sniping.
Also to hide behind a facade of jokes while I'm actually analysing the game.

Honestly I don't like either you or KK for town atm, which is why I haven't moved my vote off Khris.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Lets play a game Infinitum. Which game of Mafia do you want to play?

The game where everyone contributes and everyone posts and we get massive amounts of information on them

Or the game where we kill anyone posting and everyone lurks and everyone's afraid to post because they would be lynched for posting?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Why are you arguing against an Ecco hang when you yourself said she pings your scumdar?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

Regarding content: A meta read on CPig, by itself, is not enough for me to mentally form a scum read on him. The fact that I think your original effortpost and followup OMGUS are scummy, are much stronger points that, in my mind, justify a scum read on you.

Mafia edit: the fact that the deadline is coming up, he hasn't made reads, and that on further consideration I feel like the "Uhhh.." may have been a tell - those are enough for me to mentally consider him a good vote.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Khris Kruel posted:

why would you kill people contributing before lurkers? You can't get reads on lurkers

I'm all for lynching lurkers, and I'm advocating this in all my other games atm, but if I have a read on someone I'd prefer to lynch them first.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

I'm not saying Ecco can't be scum, I'd just prefer to scum hunt with people not contributing before returning back to Ecco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Khris Kruel posted:

Lets play a game Infinitum. Which game of Mafia do you want to play?

The one where we lynch scum regardless of post count.

Sake of the argument. Lets lynch a lurker today. Who's your pick?

• Locked thread