Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Primetime posted:

Cool, so basically the PD is overkill. I'm still going to build it anyway. And I realize it doesn't reduce true damage, I just meant in the sense that its not an armor or MR buff like Galio W, but a total reduction like Alistars ult.
Alistair's ult works identically to an equivalent amount of Armor/MR giving you 70% reduction. The only REAL difference between a reduction modifier and Armor/MR is that Armor/MR sometimes have scaling values within a kit from which a champ would benefit (ie. Galio's MR->AP passive).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Poppy
NEW PASSIVE: The enemy champion will not return to Poppy

Pretty accurate imo

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i just played a sion game and i had never played him before and everyone else was feeding but it didnt seem to matter

i dont see a lot of people picking up the sion but he seemed pretty good to me

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
This was, without a doubt, the strangest game I've ever played:

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
is it as weird as the game i just won where i did zero damage to enemy champions and ended 0/0/0 but still had the most money in the game
(from janna's perspective in this screenshot but you can see at the bottom)

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Verviticus posted:

is it as weird as the game i just won where i did zero damage to enemy champions and ended 0/0/0 but still had the most money in the game

No it's not that weird.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Radical posted:

i just played a sion game and i had never played him before and everyone else was feeding but it didnt seem to matter

i dont see a lot of people picking up the sion but he seemed pretty good to me

Sion is a cool and good robot man and I like him.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Going to ride the Kayle train until she gets nerfed into oblivion. Currently sporting a 71% win rate this season slowly trying to hit my goal of platinum this season. But in the mean time I need to think of another champion to take over once she gets nerfed. I seem to do better with farm based champions. That being said, what are some other farm based champions? Trynd, Yi...?

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
Big Dog.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Ryze is getting ANOTHER rework, and it has been injected before the yorick rework. Ryze has had more reworks than most champions have skins at this point

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
They keep making mechanics gate his power

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Janna in URF is so much fun. I'm gonna miss this.

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!
Soraka in URF is sorta fun too. When maxed out her E is on a ~3 second cooldown, silences for 1.5 seconds (unaffected by Tenacity since it lasts until the target walks out of the field), then roots for about the same amount. Get a Rylai's to make it harder to walk out of the silence zone and then you can really annoy people. Being able to use R every 30 seconds or so doesn't hurt either.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Falconer posted:

Soraka in URF is sorta fun too. When maxed out her E is on a ~3 second cooldown, silences for 1.5 seconds (unaffected by Tenacity since it lasts until the target walks out of the field), then roots for about the same amount. Get a Rylai's to make it harder to walk out of the silence zone and then you can really annoy people. Being able to use R every 30 seconds or so doesn't hurt either.

If you're gonna play a support play Taric because the amount of spam is insane

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Etrips posted:

That being said, what are some other farm based champions?

every champion with good scaling

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XrL_F6tnT4

this dude needs to be a voli skin

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Etrips posted:

Going to ride the Kayle train until she gets nerfed into oblivion. Currently sporting a 71% win rate this season slowly trying to hit my goal of platinum this season. But in the mean time I need to think of another champion to take over once she gets nerfed. I seem to do better with farm based champions. That being said, what are some other farm based champions? Trynd, Yi...?

Sivir, Singed, Tryndamere, and Gangplank tend to top the CS charts.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Speaking of characters getting second reworks, when is Fiora getting hers? The vitals thing was a cute idea, but I'm ready to move on. Riot could retune riposte a bit and make that her ult, then give her a new passive and W.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

a medical mystery posted:

Sivir, Singed, Tryndamere, and Gangplank tend to top the CS charts.

Singed all day. Though I'm biased because he's the best champion in any game, ever. I'm currently only rocking a 64% win rate though, but that's because I'm bad. still, 83 played, 64% win rate isn't bad.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Etrips posted:

big scaling team fighting solo laners: kayle gangplank lux anivia and many more!

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

itsjustdrew posted:

Singed all day. Though I'm biased because he's the best champion in any game, ever. I'm currently only rocking a 64% win rate though, but that's because I'm bad. still, 83 played, 64% win rate isn't bad.

singed is the good and fun war criminal

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Kashuno can you shut the gently caress up about taric THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

a medical mystery posted:

singed is the good and fun war criminal

singed is good right now if you rush rylais into haunting guise

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://br.op.gg/match/observer/id=771865836

Here's an URF match that was basically my team getting stomped all up until the enemy team was breaking our nexus. The enemy team was up 8k gold, had lost only 2 towers, and was hitting our nexus with the whole team +2 waves. And somehow we won.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Apr 24, 2016

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

AHH FUGH posted:

he's been declining a little over the last few patches overall but his favorable matchups are still strong for him, he's good at working around or outright shutting down the bulky low-mobility tops like maokai, malphite, nautilus, and trundle

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I'm glad Singed is getting a plague doctor skin but I wish it looked like this one:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

AHH FUGH posted:

Not very fabulous of you.

Singed talk: is proxy base singed still a thing

stump collector
May 28, 2007
singed isn't a thing in general since he lost tenacity on ultimate so if you pick him do whatever stupid poo poo you want

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Verviticus posted:

How did this happen

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Ristolaz posted:

How did this happen

His lane opponent never connected, no one went top the entire game other than him, they opened mid at 10m

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Ristolaz posted:

How did this happen

If I had to guess, other team fell apart early due to toxicity, AFKs, trolling, or some combination thereof, and they gave Verviticus' team an open mid. to avoid having to wait for 20m.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Not very fabulous of you.

Singed talk: is proxy base singed still a thing

you can still do it, though you usually have to choose between double proxying and joining a teamfight as the best times to double proxy are when both teams are mostly grouped with maybe 1 splitter each incl. you. it depends on the game which of those choices are the better option. if the enemy team has a splitter you can double proxy the opposite lane and mid and put down way more pressure than they can.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

kingcobweb posted:

His lane opponent never connected, no one went top the entire game other than him, they opened mid at 10m

Lucky...

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Then I carried Verv so hard in his promo series that I couldn't play with him any more due to rank discrepancy

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011
Will new catalyst/rod of ages proc the heal for each tick of toggled abilities because if so that sustain will be nuts.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

kingcobweb posted:

Then I carried Verv so hard in his promo series that I couldn't play with him any more due to rank discrepancy

Owned

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Etrips posted:

What are you doing with her? Every time I run her out she just feels awkward.

URF is fun and dumb. I played Ryze 2 games in a row and cramped my hand while annoying everyone nearby by hovering my cursor over enemies and furiously mashing my buttons.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

BigLeafyTree posted:

What are you doing with her? Every time I run her out she just feels awkward.

URF is fun and dumb. I played Ryze 2 games in a row and cramped my hand while annoying everyone nearby by hovering my cursor over enemies and furiously mashing my buttons.

Going mid or top and out harassing / farming my opponent. Play safe, don't die. Out scale everyone.

http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=Etrips

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I have been practicing TF as my go to mid champion, and someone actually picked it out from under me last night, so I picked Veigar to show them I wasn't happy about it. That TF was extremely salty the first time I pressed R, and I ended the game with 1200~ AP.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Hi, I heard this game was popular so I checked it out yesterday and played two really fun matches with human players. Jinx was fun to play but I had a lot of luck with Lux and using her ultimates to snipe people, I think I'm a natural pro at that. Everything I played with seemed real chill so maybe this game will be a fun place to unwind for 15 minutes.

Edit: The only thing I don't really get is the shop, there's just so many options. I heard stuff about using a guide for a specific character but I'd rather just play whatever Legend I feel like at the time so I don't think it's worth remembering any builds or anything.

Sinners Sandwich fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Apr 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

I have been practicing TF as my go to mid champion, and someone actually picked it out from under me last night, so I picked Veigar to show them I wasn't happy about it. That TF was extremely salty the first time I pressed R, and I ended the game with 1200~ AP.

He should've built iceborne i m o

• Locked thread