Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

These are the people that will scheme to steal the nomination from Trump?

The MadAboutTrumps in this thread are delusional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

I have no idea why this became a serious thing people still talk about after 2008. It's pretty weird.

Not every younger, fresher face is a first term Alaska governor with a hilarious ignorance of everything ever.

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx

TheTatteredKing posted:

And Cruz's nutcases will do it optics be damned. He has the mandate of heaven. He will save the country by destroying it and triggering the rapture.

It's not even that, though it's certainly a huge factor. The money will threaten to walk or sit out and that would gently caress the Rs for the senate and house. If the Republicans are so undisciplined as to nominate Trump then it's a clear signal that they are a bad investment and ROI has been everything since last September and the candidates were complaining about fielding calls from nervous and pissed off donors. They'd burn it all down to stop the money from walking and Trump all but guarantees they do.

Ellipson
Sep 14, 2007

everything's cool

TRUMP!

*swipe*

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

The party has already made it public and clear that they're trying to gently caress Trump. What's worse- that they go for broke, or they suddenly stop and an arbitrary point and say "welp ok haha guess you're the candidate please trust us".

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

The party has already made it public and clear that they're trying to gently caress Trump. What's worse- that they go for broke, or they suddenly stop and an arbitrary point and say "welp ok haha guess you're the candidate please trust us".

Nah

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/rogerjstonejr/status/724565381189394432

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/VaughnHillyard/status/724632506654445569

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

I support makin candidates compete in the Indy 500.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I don't think Fox crowd liked Ted Cruz when he was introduced at town hall last night

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EHuaR4k5toU&ebc=ANyPxKqKYcHS1zqtgIqyLx4h8AkKksiHQQwFE1KO4NsvjBVLSAKvOb4ynnC4QpVoZXX5lkJxkdLw

I think sound guy didn't either

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Apr 25, 2016

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

The Scadenfreude of watching a republican president get the same stone-wall treatment from a republican congress that Obama got would be really a treat.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

I wonder how many times Cruz has read Crash. The one about people turned on by car crashes not the one about racism = bad.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I hate Trump but Kasich and Cruz are just sad. I just saw John Sonnunu trying to convince Andrea Mitchell that Kasich had a strong second place finish in New York and that's the evidence that he can win.

Its like the entire party is now playing the role of Jeb Bush.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Rush: After looking at the polling... I was wrong about The Bathroom issue sinking Trump...

LOL

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

I wonder how many times Cruz has read Crash. The one about people turned on by car crashes not the one about racism = bad.

Or watched the movie. He does seem like he would be a Cronenberg fan because Cruz is a body horror.

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

Montasque posted:

Rush: After looking at the polling... I was wrong about The Bathroom issue sinking Trump...

LOL

After looking at my ratings PLEASE DONT LEAVE MY SHOW I LOVE TRUMP I DO

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Personally today has wiped away any nagging doubts that Trump won't be the nominee.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Rush sounds really defeated today. Good stuff.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Or watched the movie. He does seem like he would be a Cronenberg fan because Cruz is a body horror.

LONG LIVE THE CRUZ FLESH

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Montasque posted:

Rush sounds really defeated today. Good stuff.

I'm pretty sure Hannity has cut his head off and absorbed his power.

Talk Radio works like highlander right??

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Schnorkles posted:

I'm pretty sure Hannity has cut his head off and absorbed his power.

Talk Radio works like highlander right??

I wish it worked like Highlander, instead it works like a Hydra...

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

But I thought Trump had the dankest memes.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

https://twitter.com/RogerJStoneJr/status/724324728127758336

Roger Stone is insane and I love it

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
Trump wasn't going to get Indiana even before this crappy alliance. It will go to a second ballot.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Trump will win on the first ballot.

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

Fiction posted:

Trump wasn't going to get Indiana even before this crappy alliance. It will go to a second ballot.

He is still going to win Indiana and it won't get to a second ballot.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
The Republican Party knows that Ted Cruz is unelectable on a national stage, right?

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot
Hmm I wonder what presidential candidate the KKK capital of the world is going to vote for in the Republican nomination.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Fiction posted:

I'm starting to think in the other direction. This alliance smacks of pretty serious desperation on the part of Cruz, and with what's coming out of Indiana and California right now, I'm not sure what his internals look like but they're probably bad.

Indiana is also an open primary, which is pretty key for Trump.

Basically the overriding thought in my head was that Indiana was going to look more like a midwest state with a solid Cruz 45-50esh and Trump in the 30's. But its really looking like the opposite atm, especially if Kasich continues to make come hither eyes even though he's moving his operation out of the state.

They could, of course, change the rules before the ballot even starts. [Actually I'm kind of rooting for this.]

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Slate Action posted:

Trump will win on the first ballot.

hosed up if true

it's true

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

e: quote is not edit.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
I don't frequent FREEP, I've tried for science but that forum is atrociously designed, but in the circles I do run in Cruz-Kasich is NOT going over well. AT ALL.

The diehard Cruz cultists will be loyal no matter what, but a lot of regular joes who were leaning Cruz over Trump with no axe to grind are PISSED.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Al! posted:

The Republican Party knows that Ted Cruz is unelectable on a national stage, right?

Hahahahahahahaha.

No, they don't. It's amazing.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Al! posted:

I think this election has proved that the republican party knows jack poo poo.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
Maybe you guys are right. Does the Indiana GOP like Pence? His approval could theoretically steer the wave.

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

WampaLord posted:

Hahahahahahahaha.

No, they don't. It's amazing.

No they clearly do. They might be willing to pull some amazing poo poo to gently caress over Trump if one of their own was close in delegates but they aren't going to do it for Cruz. They all despise him and they know he has no chance.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Pence is not popular but he will likely win anyway because Indiana.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

I can't believe a national campaign released a public statement leading off with "Due to the fact that...".

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Pence is not popular but he will likely win anyway because Indiana.

This is unfortunately true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Ted.

You're a loving moron, and clearly out of touch with racing fans in that neck of the woods.

go step in front of a bus.

• Locked thread