Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I have a PS4 and am excited for KoF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
if i cared about fighting game graphics id play third strike so nuff said

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

When I get a PS4 I will be similarly excited for KoFXIV

Same.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
They are bad compared to anything that came out this gen. They look incredibly flat, like plastic models, it's PS2-era skin textures all the way. I mean, just freeze frame on faces in that trailer. Now, if that bothers you or not, that's a different thing.

Also this PS4-exclusive release might backfire on SNK, I don't think the people that really care about KOF have current-gen consoles, hehe.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

It will be on PC, you guys. Be excited that there's a new KOF and that it's a good one.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I don't play PC games though

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Saoshyant posted:

It will be on PC, you guys. Be excited that there's a new KOF and that it's a good one.

It will be on PC or it will be on PC eventually like 13 was?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dias posted:

They are bad compared to anything that came out this gen. They look incredibly flat, like plastic models, it's PS2-era skin textures all the way. I mean, just freeze frame on faces in that trailer. Now, if that bothers you or not, that's a different thing.

Still better than the mess that is Eyes of Heaven

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Seriously though, for graphics, I'm with old man zand

Zand posted:

personally I don't really care what the hitboxes in my fighters are skinned with.. try not to get hung up on the graphics.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Dias posted:

Also this PS4-exclusive release might backfire on SNK, I don't think the people that really care about KOF have current-gen consoles, hehe.

I had a Brazilian coworker stuff his suitcase full of PS4s when he went home for Christmas last year because he could sell them for way less than MSRP and still make a ridiculous profit.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Baal posted:

What's wrong with it? I forgot all about it and haven't seen anything for a while, but if it's just sharper ASB I could deal with that.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Baal posted:

Eyes of Heaven is barely a fighting game, c'mon. When's a Good Modern Jojo Fighting Game

Sarchasm posted:

I had a Brazilian coworker stuff his suitcase full of PS4s when he went home for Christmas last year because he could sell them for way less than MSRP and still make a ridiculous profit.

It's still like 1900 BRL (about 500 USD right now, give or take) on legit stores, not counting games and controllers which are 200 a piece. There's a reason why I play on pad, a legit Madcatz is almost as expensive as the fuckin' console.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Other than the models the gameplay itself looks decent; hopefully it comes out on PC relatively quickly.

Baal posted:

Let's not say things we can't take back.

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Sarchasm posted:

It is literally cheaper for a Brazilian to fly to America, buy a PS4, and fly back to Brazil than it is to buy a PS4 in Brazil.

Also quit whining about the graphics everyone, they look fine and they'll still keep improving them since the game doesn't go gold for another three months.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
The KOF14 character artists don't even seem to bumpmap these models. Or if they are, then it's not noticeable. It's so absurdly far behind in basic technical competence that I'm mystified. There's no defense for skipping something that basic in this day and age.

The animators are doing fine, mind, but the texture work is just silly bad.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I don't play PC games though

i do, but doesn't SNK have a terrible record for netcode / ports even by Japanese FG dev standards

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

*best anton ego impression*

i don't like good netcode, i love it. if i don't love it, i don't install!

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i do, but doesn't SNK have a terrible record for netcode / ports even by Japanese FG dev standards

if it makes you feel any better, the netcode for console kof13 is a trillion times worse than pc

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
netcode doesnt exist

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
netcode cant be good or bad it exists only in yuour mind

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

They do but they actually tried to make KOFXIII PC be less terrible.

Mixed results on that.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Netcode is a lie perpetuated by the Esports Illuminati so people wouldn't play Melty Blood. The good netcode is a Caster because it references dark magic. Ask questions.

Also XIV is probably gonna have bad netcode and that's pretty sad. It can't be THAT expensive to license and use GGPO, can it?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Dias posted:

It can't be THAT expensive to license and use GGPO, can it?

Who knows. That Yatagarasu game is still yet to license/implement it even though they supposedly got the money for it through crowdfunding.

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

So here's another KOFXIV leak. Note that this is COMPLETELY unconfirmed and not necessarily from the same leaker as the first roster leak.

The King of Fighters XIV
Downloadable content
Japan (Shingo)
Art of Fighting (Takuma)
Fatal Fury (Blue Mary)
South America (MMA fighter of Brazil)
Official invitation (shapeshifter Fighter (Ash, Yashiro and Krizalid))
Another one of the world's (Lee)
K '(Whip)
Ikari (Heidern)
Yagami (Eiji)
Mexico (Vanessa)
Kim (Jhun)
South of town (Yamazaki)
Psycho Soldier (Bao)
Women Fighters (Kazumi)
Villain (Raiden)
China (Jin Chonrei)

"Lee is Mui Mui Friend from Dragon Gal Pachinko

Shipshifter Fighter have 3 transformations, representing Orochi (Yashiro), Nests (Krizalid) and "from the Past" (Ash)"

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Where is this KOF gameplay at so that I can watch it and make an informed opinion about it?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Dias posted:

Netcode is a lie perpetuated by the Esports Illuminati so people wouldn't play Melty Blood. The good netcode is a Caster because it references dark magic. Ask questions.

when's caster integration on steam

should i buy it before then or is this a Yatagarasu situation where they're like "no we're totally going to integrate GGPO, any day now" and then never do it until the game is dead and nobody even remembers it existed

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

when's caster integration on steam

should i buy it before then or is this a Yatagarasu situation where they're like "no we're totally going to integrate GGPO, any day now" and then never do it until the game is dead and nobody even remembers it existed

Well, Madscientist seems to be working directly with Arcsys to implement rollback, but it's still on its early stages - they're not sure if it's gonna be a new implementation, if they're just gonna license CCCaster, etc. The good thing is that Melty is already dead, so that which is dead may eternal lie and poo poo.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Dias posted:

Well, Madscientist seems to be working directly with Arcsys to implement rollback, but it's still on its early stages - they're not sure if it's gonna be a new implementation, if they're just gonna license CCCaster, etc. The good thing is that Melty is already dead, so that which is dead may eternal lie and poo poo.

Japanese game devs taking advice from a westerner and likely being in charge of implementation sounds shaky to me

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

burger time posted:

South of town (Yamazaki)

please god

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Zand posted:

Japanese game devs taking advice from a westerner and likely being in charge of implementation sounds shaky to me

I mean, kinda is, but hope springs eternal. They seem to be actively working towards it, at least.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

burger time posted:

Mexico (Vanessa)

boxcarhobo posted:

please god

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

really that whole list is good

except for whip

gently caress you bbj

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
i bought melty blood because thats what i do but i dont know poo poo about it, theres some guy in there called NRVNQSR CHAOS so thatscool i guess and like 10 different combinations of maids and cat maids and robot maids

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

dangerdoom volvo posted:

i bought melty blood because thats what i do but i dont know poo poo about it, theres some guy in there called NRVNQSR CHAOS so thatscool i guess and like 10 different combinations of maids and cat maids and robot maids

welcome to anime

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

dangerdoom volvo posted:

that game is very fun. i have only played as full moon seifuku ahika tohno personally. she seems really bad but she can press 2A like crazy.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Zand posted:

that game is very fun. i have only played as full moon seifuku ahika tohno personally. she seems really bad but she can press 2A like crazy.

2a is life and maids are life

i have no idea what f-seifuku can do, honestly. c-seifuku is an rear end in a top hat that shoots pillars and flame pits at you and you die

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I got my versions mixed up, and thought F-Seifuku was F-VAkiha who is anything but really bad. :downs: Fighting F-VAkiha is sadness.

I play C-PCiel, who is really fun but also really bad.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
VAhika as a whole is a jerk, H is annoying as hell and has mad corner carry.

I wish my vampire schoolgirl was that sick. H-VSion is a pretty well-behaved girl that has an okay overhead and some summon BS.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
also

dangerdoom volvo posted:

go peep mizuumi or melty bits: https://drunkardshade.com/category/melty-blood/

There are some pretty nice writeups for some characters there. Amazingly enough F-Nero is absent but my writeup on him is press j.C a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
watch any f-vakiha match with GO1 and you'll see why the character is stupid good: http://www.meltydb.com/resultall.php?1c=VAkiha&1m=Full&tdb=cl

besides having a billion traps and good ways to convert into really advantageous situations all around, she's a loving tank

her guts rating is super loving good for some reason