Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

SeANMcBAY posted:

People with homebrewed old 3DSes have tried to run SNES ROMs with hilariously unplayable results so Nintendo isn't being shifty this time.

Also one of the contributors to a homebrew SNES emulator admitted somewhere on reddit that the homebrew methods relied on a lot of shortcuts and poo poo that are just not acceptable for accurate emulation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I'd imagine that if you have the Nintendo reps your NNID and password/security questions they could look up the serial though? It has to be in their records.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

You don't need the serial numbers. I just got a transfer over the phone a couple weeks ago.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Man, this Pocket Jockey demo is so good. I'm distraught that I can't buy the full game yet.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
I really like Pocket Jockey but it feels really hit or miss when it comes to the later races. Like, I'll get the 4 out of 5 bubble bonus to start in what feels like a reasonable amount of time, keep in the comfort zone for 3 rounds and hit some perfect clears and grab boosts and poo poo and then... I'll end up 14th place. And the games just like "Well you should've done better at the start and why weren't you in the completely random clusterfuck that is the comfort zone?"

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

epsilon posted:

You don't need the serial numbers. I just got a transfer over the phone a couple weeks ago.

Yeah, as long at it was associated with your NNID at some point Nintendo can look it up. If you bought stuff without attaching it to a NNID and lost/sold it without recording the serial, you're SOL.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Spoderman posted:

Man, this Pocket Jockey demo is so good. I'm distraught that I can't buy the full game yet.

I know. I hate that there's no release date and no price. It comes out May 6th in EU, so I can't imagine a NA release will be that far off.

I'm gonna be pretty torn if it's 40 bucks, because it really feels like a $20 eShop title at best. I'll probably still get it, since solitaire is something I've been able to play indefinitely since forever.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The JP versios is like 500yen or something, it'll be fine.

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

The price should be on the eShop, Australia's eShop has $9.10 so it'll be less than that for US/Euro

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

Do I look like a reasonable man to you, or a peppermint nightmare?
I am also completely onboard the Pocket Jockey train. I've played through the demo three or four times now and cannot wait for my new favorite time waster to be up for sale. That said, I also hope that it's a little more forgiving in the actual game or that you're meant to be hit or miss in races early on in the game once you're off of "First Ride." Maybe having the actual training function will help things along with raising your horse up right for the races.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

enojy posted:

I know. I hate that there's no release date and no price. It comes out May 6th in EU, so I can't imagine a NA release will be that far off.

I'm gonna be pretty torn if it's 40 bucks, because it really feels like a $20 eShop title at best. I'll probably still get it, since solitaire is something I've been able to play indefinitely since forever.

Pocket Card Jockey will be 6.99€ according to the EU eShop. I figured it would be 14.99€ at the most so I am pleasantly surprised; no idea how you thought this could be $40 or even $20 though lol

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Disargeria posted:

I really like Pocket Jockey but it feels really hit or miss when it comes to the later races. Like, I'll get the 4 out of 5 bubble bonus to start in what feels like a reasonable amount of time, keep in the comfort zone for 3 rounds and hit some perfect clears and grab boosts and poo poo and then... I'll end up 14th place. And the games just like "Well you should've done better at the start and why weren't you in the completely random clusterfuck that is the comfort zone?"
I had a very good run (good start, comfort zones, perfect clears, double boost, lots of stamina) and in the end the hint horse just tells me "Welp, you did well, but the other horses are just so much better. Maybe you'll get a better one later."

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Got my stuff transferred, the only thing that was a pain was having to know what I had purchased on the old console and the purchase dates- I had to kind of ballpark that because I sold my 3DS over a year ago and it just never occurred to me to redownload my VC games. I was able to provide enough info that they got it done, though.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Katana Gomai posted:

Pocket Card Jockey will be 6.99€ according to the EU eShop. I figured it would be 14.99€ at the most so I am pleasantly surprised; no idea how you thought this could be $40 or even $20 though lol

That's awesome. The only reason I'd expect a game like this to be over $10 is because Nintendo.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Well, I was able to associate my ID with my new 2DS but none of my purchases transferred over. Guess I'll need to call them again!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Well, I was able to associate my ID with my new 2DS but none of my purchases transferred over. Guess I'll need to call them again!

It takes a day or two for all the licenses to hit.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Two eShop card deals from Target US:

-10% off from April 24-30
-Buy $75 eShop credit, get a $15 gift card from May 1-7

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Two eShop card deals from Target US:

-10% off from April 24-30
-Buy $75 eShop credit, get a $15 gift card from May 1-7

Is that just online or in Target stores?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of April 28):

quote:

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Mini Mario & Friends: Amiibo Challenge (free, requires amiibo)
    Lost Reavers (free to download)
    Shutshimi - €9.99 / £6.99
    Tap Tap Arcade - €1.99 / £1.79
    Run Run and Die - €3.99 / £3.59
    Pixel Maker - €2.49 / £1.99
    Epic Dumpster Bear - €6.49 / £4.99 (permanent price reduction)
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Nano Assault Neo (Wii U eShop) - €7.49 / £6.70 until April 28
    Runbow (Wii U eShop) - €10.49 / £8.24 until April 28
    Shovel Knight (Wii U eShop) - €9.99 / £8.66 until April 28
    Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna) (Wii U eShop) - €3.74 / £3.34 until May 5
    Teslagrad (Wii U eShop) - €10.00 / £9.50 until May 18

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Yokai Watch - €39.99 / £34.99 (April 29)
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Mini Mario & Friends: Amiibo Challenge (free, requires amiibo)
    Castle Conqueror EX - €0.99 until May 5, standard price €3.99
    SSSnakes - €1.99 / £1.79
NEW 3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Super Punch-Out!! (SNES) - €7.99 / £7.19
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT/B]
    Steamworld Heist - The Outsider - €4.99 / £4.49
[b]3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS

Aeternoblade (3DS eShop) - €10.99 / £9.99 until April 28
    Shovel Knight (3DS eShop) - €9.99 / £8.66 until April 28
    Shin Megami Tensei 4 (3DS eShop) - €9.99 / £8.99 until May 5
    Legend of Dark Witch (3DS eShop) - €0.99 / £0.79 from April 28-May 5
    Tappingo 2 (3DS eShop) - €0.99 / £0.79 from April 28-May 5
    Fairune (3DS eShop) - €0.99 / £0.79 from April 28-May 5
    Witch & Hero (3DS eShop) - €0.99 / £0.79 from April 28-May 5
    Swords 7 Soldiers 3D (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.59 from April 28-May 5
    Mercenaries Saga 2 (3DS eShop) - €2.49 / £1.99 from April 28-May 5
    Conception 2: Children of the 7 Stars (3DS eShop) - €9.99 / £8.99 from April 28-May 12

The Steamworld Heist DLC includes "a new playable character, new missions, new weapons and gear, and stylish new headwear.".

Mini Mario & Friends is a Mario vs. DK game that requires at least one amiibo to play and Mario character amiibos to unlock specific stages.

Will Yokai Watch finally murder Pokemon this week?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I was super hype for Yokai Watch but after 15 minutes in the demo I uninstalled it. The combat system just isn't my cup of tea

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Will Yokai Watch finally murder Pokemon this week?
Or will it, like all other Level5 collecting RPGs, dig its own niche and lie there?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm selling my soul to sacrifice the Yokai Watch series for another 6 Laytons

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Layton is dead. Layton will stay dead.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Layton 7's totally still happening, dudes!

Even if Yokai Watch burns itself out soon, L5 is prepping their next cross-media franchise right now.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Junpei Hyde posted:

Layton is dead. Layton will stay dead.

I'll believe that when I'm sliding puzzling his casket into the ground

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

SelenicMartian posted:

Or will it, like all other Level5 collecting RPGs, dig its own niche and lie there?

Lbx should have been a hit :smith:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Holy gently caress!! A permanent price reduction on Epic Dumpster Bear!!!!!!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm kind of excited for that amiibo game. But I like the M & DK games as something to do when I just want to do something for a few minutes at a time.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'd rather he died

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Regy Rusty posted:

I'd rather he died

Professor Layton: Ghost Trick

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Even if Yokai Watch burns itself out soon, L5 is prepping their next cross-media franchise right now.

I want them to bring back Dark Cloud. That and it sci-fi sequel Rogue Galaxy were amazing on the PS2.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm kind of excited for that amiibo game. But I like the M & DK games as something to do when I just want to do something for a few minutes at a time.

Let us know how it is. I like the M & DK games, but I only have 3 amiibo, and I don't have plans to open the Wolf Link one (I only got it because the game was cheaper with it than without it). Just curious if you need to own a bunch of amiibo to get the most out of it.

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

Do I look like a reasonable man to you, or a peppermint nightmare?
Having had that amiibo M vs DK game for about a month now, I feel that is really does require you have a lot of amiibo (specifically Mario themed ones) to get the most out of it. You collect character tiles and unlock character themed side paths as you go through the game that ultimately opens up additional star levels at the end, but only with the main Mario/DK crew which sucks if you're someone that mostly just has your favorite Smash characters or something. If you just have something like a Charizard you get some generic robot that can't collect tiles and can't unlock paths or star levels, which blows. I guess Nintendo couldn't be bothered to spend a few extra hours throwing together some assets for the game to push sales for their toys. :v: My Duck Hunt and Little Mac remain useful only in my heart. That said, if you're like me and know someone with a huge collection of the things just borrow a couple every week and have a blast.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

In Training posted:

Holy gently caress!! A permanent price reduction on Epic Dumpster Bear!!!!!!

Glad I waited.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Regy Rusty posted:

I'd rather he died
He did but he got better, sadly.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

So I've got a question about Bomberman.

I spent like an hour playing multiplayer Mega Bomberman on the Genesis at PAX this weekend and have consequently become preoccupied with finding more up-to-date Bomberman options that don't require a working Genesis (since mine broke in approximately 1997)

Among the results I found was Bomberman Blast, which is a WiiWare title and so should theoretically still be available for download on the Wii U store, right? But when I search "Bomberman" on the Wii U, there are no results. Am I doing this wrong or what, how do I buy this game

There's also a DSi game for like $5 of course but it seems not as good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

loquacius posted:

So I've got a question about Bomberman.

I spent like an hour playing multiplayer Mega Bomberman on the Genesis at PAX this weekend and have consequently become preoccupied with finding more up-to-date Bomberman options that don't require a working Genesis (since mine broke in approximately 1997)

Among the results I found was Bomberman Blast, which is a WiiWare title and so should theoretically still be available for download on the Wii U store, right? But when I search "Bomberman" on the Wii U, there are no results. Am I doing this wrong or what, how do I buy this game

There's also a DSi game for like $5 of course but it seems not as good

You have to launch the Wii inside the Wii U and then access that store.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fix posted:

Glad I waited.

I just checked and this game came out two weeks ago, lol.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
If you want Bomberman, check out Bomberman 93 and Bomberman 94 on the Wii VC for the TG16.

They will never be updated to Wii U (RIP Hudson), so this is the only way to play them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Speaking of Bomberman, what are the best single player ones?