Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
the description in game made it sound like crescent was the real mode and the others are like simple mode or you know what i mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

interrodactyl posted:

watch any f-vakiha match with GO1 and you'll see why the character is stupid good: http://www.meltydb.com/resultall.php?1c=VAkiha&1m=Full&tdb=cl

besides having a billion traps and good ways to convert into really advantageous situations all around, she's a loving tank

her guts rating is super loving good for some reason

Do you mean F-Akiha? VAkiha is the fast, glass cannon-ish version, Tohno Akiha is the tanky rear end in a top hat.

dangerdoom volvo posted:

the description in game made it sound like crescent was the real mode and the others are like simple mode or you know what i mean

Nah, each moon plays quite different from one another. Think of it as grooves.

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009
Grooves that also can completely change your movesets and normals. Melty Blood is cool and fun but there are so many distinct characters I'm always paralyzed by choice and just pick c-kouma and mash rekkas instead of finding a char I'm willing to put time into and learn the game for real.

Toilet.Duck
Jul 13, 2006
Cleanest ever!
Can someone post the stick throw diagram again with the square and octogate, I'm trying to stage an intervention for a new stick player.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Ixiggle posted:

Grooves that also can completely change your movesets and normals. Melty Blood is cool and fun but there are so many distinct characters I'm always paralyzed by choice and just pick c-kouma and mash rekkas instead of finding a char I'm willing to put time into and learn the game for real.

Just choose your favorite maid.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Dias posted:

Just choose your favorite maid.

who is top tier

Toilet.Duck
Jul 13, 2006
Cleanest ever!

You are doing God's work, thanks.

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

Should be in op, imo

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

dangerdoom volvo posted:

who is top tier

who is top tier in your heart

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

dragon enthusiast posted:

Athena!

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

dragon enthusiast posted:

whoever is top tier on paper

e in every game

Toilet.Duck
Jul 13, 2006
Cleanest ever!

Serenade posted:

Should be in op, imo

Even better I actually just found high quality versions, but yeah if these can be added to the square v oct section in the OP that'd be swell.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

dangerdoom volvo posted:

whoever is top tier on paper

e in every game

Go play C—Nero he's a good maid. Or F—Aoko, I guess.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Zand posted:

Japanese game devs taking advice from a westerner and likely being in charge of implementation sounds shaky to me

It doesn't have a great track record, but I feel like Arcsys' willingness to listen to the community and respond is better than it's ever been, and I don't see any reason why it would change. If you had told me in the early 2000s that a vast majority of fighting game franchises would be available through Steam with online play I would've laughed and called it a pipedream. We live in a golden age of PC gaming, so many games past and present available at your fingertips.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Dias posted:

Go play C—Nero he's a good maid. Or F—Aoko, I guess.

NRVNQSR is pronounced nero?????

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

dangerdoom volvo posted:

NRVNQSR is pronounced nero?????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrzuiWnyfa8

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

burger time posted:

So here's another KOFXIV leak. Note that this is COMPLETELY unconfirmed and not necessarily from the same leaker as the first roster leak.

The King of Fighters XIV
Downloadable content
Japan (Shingo)
Art of Fighting (Takuma)
Fatal Fury (Blue Mary)
South America (MMA fighter of Brazil)
Official invitation (shapeshifter Fighter (Ash, Yashiro and Krizalid))
Another one of the world's (Lee)
K '(Whip)
Ikari (Heidern)
Yagami (Eiji)
Mexico (Vanessa)
Kim (Jhun)
South of town (Yamazaki)
Psycho Soldier (Bao)
Women Fighters (Kazumi)
Villain (Raiden)
China (Jin Chonrei)

"Lee is Mui Mui Friend from Dragon Gal Pachinko

Shipshifter Fighter have 3 transformations, representing Orochi (Yashiro), Nests (Krizalid) and "from the Past" (Ash)"

Blue Mary would be great. Most of these would be great. gently caress Krizalid and his tornado projectile thing though.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Commissar Ken posted:

Blue Mary would be great. Most of these would be great. gently caress Krizalid and his tornado projectile thing though.

thats not goenitz

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Toilet.Duck posted:

Even better I actually just found high quality versions, but yeah if these can be added to the square v oct section in the OP that'd be swell.

One thing I never understood about these pictures is that they assume the height and width of the octagonal and circular gates is the same as the square gate. However, since you aren't messing around with the microswitch size, it seems like you could just make the octagonal and circular gates larger (ie. have them match the diagonal height and width of the square gate) and reach something much closer to the 11% you get on the square gate. In fact, looking at Sanwa's octagonal restrictor gate, this seems to be exactly what they do.

Am I missing something here?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Actually paying to download Bao as DLC for KOFXIV should probably have some sort of immediate extralegal consequences: thrown in ditch, splashed with muddy water by fast-moving car, made community manager

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

BattleHamster posted:

One thing I never understood about these pictures is that they assume the height and width of the octagonal and circular gates is the same as the square gate. However, since you aren't messing around with the microswitch size, it seems like you could just make the octagonal and circular gates larger (ie. have them match the diagonal height and width of the square gate) and reach something much closer to the 11% you get on the square gate. In fact, looking at Sanwa's octagonal restrictor gate, this seems to be exactly what they do.

even if that was possible, being able to quickly find, and easily remain in the diagonals is too important for fighting games, as opposed to finding the cardinals, that it's simply not worth using anything but the square gate.

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

BattleHamster posted:

The gate is there to ensure that you don't push the level too far / too hard into a microswitch and break it (or some associated mounting). There are four microswitches on a joystick. The standard square gate is very close to the limit that a joystick can safely travel before it breaks something; it will click in the little trigger on the switch itself, but shouldn't be hitting the actual switch body.

If you made the octo gate larger, it shouldn't be stopping the lever before it goes past the point where it triggers the microswitch if you moved it directly left / right / up / down. Same with the circle gate.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

and like, that's the first and biggest mistake everyone who thinks about getting an octogate makes. Thinking the cardinal directions are the important ones, or even as important as the diagonals.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

brian posted:

IMO 3S is the natural evolution of ST and yall too bad to get it

I like both ST and 3S and I am bad at both but come on this couldn't be any further from the truth and you know it

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

General Morden posted:

thats not goenitz

I wish we got goenitz. But no I'm talking about krizalid's tornado thing where there's two versions, one that's short and reflects projectiles and a long one that's an actual projectile.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
yea but goenitz is the king of tornadoes

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
BTW I would be pretty glad to see my favorite B-listers Heidern, Kasumi, and Whip in KoF14

I suppose I'll have to live with the death of the USA Sports Team

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

is there any muay thai dudes or karate dudes in the game i like those kinds of dudes

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

NecroMonster posted:

is there any muay thai dudes or karate dudes in the game i like those kinds of dudes

Joe is the literally the Young Champ of Muay Thai

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

is joe in 14?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Joe Higashi and King are the muay thai staples of KoF. KoF13 had Hwa Jai but he's not coming back apparently.

Karate representation has the entire AoF team but most notably Ryo and Takuma. They both literally take on the title of "Mr. Karate" at separate points.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

NecroMonster posted:

is joe in 14?

yes!!!!!

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

there are a lot of loving chracters i'm having a lot of trouble keeping this stuff straight

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
interesting kof graphical journey comparison + its boob centric:

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

NecroMonster posted:

Yuri is the greatest karate dude of all

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

NecroMonster posted:

there are a lot of loving chracters i'm having a lot of trouble keeping this stuff straight

It's easier if you know the franchises that KoF borrows from: Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting, Ikari Warriors, Psycho Soldiers, and some buttfuck sports games that nobody remembers. That nets you like 90% of the roster pre-99, and then after that you have to start straight up memorizing the weird designs that SNK started farting out (though a giant cyborg Canadian with a laser cannon in his chest is pretty good)

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
joe is the guy with the hair who looks less gay than benimaru

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

there are metal slug people too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

NecroMonster posted:

there are metal slug people too

Really? Which games, Leona doesn't count!