Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Xoidanor posted:

If I'd complain about anything it is that the scene seemed to be completely pointless except for getting the exact reaction it got. So the hot witch is... Not hot? That's the stinger you'll end your first episode on? Like how is this is even relevant to anything?

Doesn't exactly get me pumped for the rest of the season.

If the first episode is any indication then yes.

LOL suprised my friends groupme GoT spoiler chat didn't blow up over that. What rubbish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Here is literally everyone that's in the Twin Peaks revival.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

quote:

Michael Cera

Sold

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

MacheteZombie posted:

Game of Thrones still crap? Have to prepare myself before starting another season.

They're sticking to the books in that nothing loving happens.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Zaggitz posted:

Person of Interest's final season starts next week, here's a thread.

I was starting to wonder if it was coming back at all, I hope they finish strong after the giant poo poo the plot took last season.

Is Sarah Shahi still coming back? I thought I'd heard she had since been cast on a different show. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't know if she's in this season but she did get cast as the lead in a new Nancy Drew for a TV series.

Mu Zeta posted:

I think it's just setting up that we're getting way more magic in this show.

Also we haven't seen Hodor on TV for like 2 years now it's bullshit.

They're saying that this season we're getting more Bran (after being missing last year) so hopefully that means Hodor.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

it'll be just as good as new xfiles

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

corn in the bible posted:

it'll be just as good as new xfiles

All episodes written by Lynch and Lynch is so much better than carter its not even funny.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
There's some great names in that list. It's good to see that Lynch and Duchovny are coming back, as well as Cera, Tim Roth, Tom Sizemore, Monica Belluci, RICHARD CHAMBERLAIN and Laura Dern.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

raditts posted:

I was starting to wonder if it was coming back at all, I hope they finish strong after the giant poo poo the plot took last season.

Is Sarah Shahi still coming back? I thought I'd heard she had since been cast on a different show. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

Oh she's back alright

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Yeah there's a decent amount of comedic acting talent on that cast list and also Jim Belushi.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

hcreight posted:

Yeah there's a decent amount of comedic acting talent on that cast list and also Jim Belushi.

I can totally buy him as an utterly loathsome and repulsive monster of a human like Frank Booth or Willem Dafoe's character in Wild at Heart.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Is this season of Banshee any good? I thought things ended last season.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Josh Lyman posted:

Jury's still out, they might be able to turn it around, but it's not looking good so far.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

raditts posted:

They filmed all of s5 before Shahi got cast in another show.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Josh Lyman posted:

Yeah it's pretty good. Bit of a different turn plot wise, but still enjoyable with plenty of the good Banshee elements.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Not enough fighting. Lots of nudity still, but it's mostly corpses.

Jesus Louise
Jan 4, 2007

They're coming to get you, Barbara.
Season 3 of Turn: Washington's Spies premiers tonight. Doesn't seem to be any thread since season 1, but I just binged seasons 1-2 on Netflix and everyone is just ACTING! their hearts out, it's endearing. And the costumes are pretty.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Jesus Louise posted:

Season 3 of Turn: Washington's Spies premiers tonight. Doesn't seem to be any thread since season 1, but I just binged seasons 1-2 on Netflix and everyone is just ACTING! their hearts out, it's endearing. And the costumes are pretty.

Did that show get better in it's second season? The first one wasn't terrible, but certain things about it were and it got dull at times.

Anyway, Showtime leaked the season 3 premiere of Penny Dreadful today and it was so good that it's gonna suck all that much more waiting for the second episode. :(

Jesus Louise
Jan 4, 2007

savinhill posted:

Did that show get better in it's second season? The first one wasn't terrible, but certain things about it were and it got dull at times.

I enjoyed it, but I binged it. I was bored by the Benedict Arnold subplot, but the Simcoe/Hewlett rivalry kept me interested. I can imagine how waiting a week between eps would screw up the momentum and make the dull parts duller. I plan to live watch this season, so I guess I'll find out.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I'm on the second episode of The Night Manager and it's pretty good.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Sheesh, the pilot for Containment is loving awful. They may as well have called it "Women are Retarded" surrounded by :rolleyes: smileys. It is so frustratingly poorly plotted. I guess the CDC lady is competent so at least one female character has positive traits, I've never really noticed this kind of thing before.

Also the timing is weird, they see the patient zero guy alive in the room, then they see the doctor and her husband dead in the next room, but then later patient zero died before both of them? What?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I binged The Expanse on SyFy's website about a month ago and somehow, miraculously, I was able to watch every single episode with literally zero commercials. Now I'm going back to rewatch and only the first 5 episodes are up, and all five of them are laden with dozens of commercials. What the H?!

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

timp posted:

I binged The Expanse on SyFy's website about a month ago and somehow, miraculously, I was able to watch every single episode with literally zero commercials. Now I'm going back to rewatch and only the first 5 episodes are up, and all five of them are laden with dozens of commercials. What the H?!

They released the DVD/Blu-Ray set on the fifth. I imagine they restricted the streaming at that point.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, the Syfy show Hunters certainly shows how ridiculous TV content ratings has gotten. It's rated TV14 which is apparently okay for creepy body horror and mutilated corpses all over the place. Also people getting shot to hell.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

If nobody watches a show does its other rating even matter?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Speaking of ratings I heard an interesting podcast with Nikki Glaser where she talked about how the Comedy Central executives don't seem to give a gently caress about her ratings. They push her hard to create viral hits. In every episode she's in a studio with a couple guests but she also has segments where she goes to some class about anal sex or something wacky like that. Those segments are what really matters since they pretty much gave up on people live viewing.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Mu Zeta posted:

Speaking of ratings I heard an interesting podcast with Nikki Glaser where she talked about how the Comedy Central executives don't seem to give a gently caress about her ratings. They push her hard to create viral hits. In every episode she's in a studio with a couple guests but she also has segments where she goes to some class about anal sex or something wacky like that. Those segments are what really matters since they pretty much gave up on people live viewing.

I like those executives then, because her show is great and I'm glad it's probably not in danger of cancellation.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

ShakeZula posted:

I like those executives then, because her show is great and I'm glad it's probably not in danger of cancellation.

She got an extension for an additional ten episodes, which is unheard of for a freshman show on Comedy Central. Aside from the Daily/Nightly Shows, they are strict about ten-episode seasons, even for breakout hits like Broad City and The Meltdown with Jonah and Kumail, which must cost nothing to make.

I am thrilled, because Nikki is a a treasure, and her show is great.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

savinhill posted:

Anyway, Showtime leaked the season 3 premiere of Penny Dreadful today and it was so good that it's gonna suck all that much more waiting for the second episode. :(

The new episode of Penny Dreadful was so good. Watching Eva Green go insane over the season is going to be fantastic!

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Mu Zeta posted:

That podcast also spawned this clip which is a pro listen.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Jesus Louise posted:

I sometimes feel like i'm the only goon that enjoys that show. :(

Burn Gorman fuckin owns everybody on it.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Xoidanor posted:

By showing the magic witch still knows magic. Brilliant use of screentime.

I took it as her losing faith in her God.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I am watching Narcos and it's good, but so bleak and unrelenting it kind of wears me out. Also Colombia is an incredibly beautiful country.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Josh Lyman posted:

I'm on the second episode of The Night Manager and it's pretty good.

Dude... Hugh Laurie and your man are so delightfully english as well., it's one of my top shows of the year for sure.

Jesus Louise
Jan 4, 2007

Gonz posted:

I sometimes feel like i'm the only goon that enjoys that show. :(

Burn Gorman fuckin owns everybody on it.

Right? He kills it every episode. I think I'm going to enjoy the Roberts/Abe pairing this season, but I truly keep watching for Hewlett.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

cheerfullydrab posted:

I am watching Narcos and it's good, but so bleak and unrelenting it kind of wears me out. Also Colombia is an incredibly beautiful country.

When I've expressed interest in traveling to Colombia I've had a few people ask if it's because I watched Narcos. The answer is kinda yes, but only because of how gorgeous it looks in that show, not the depressing drug history.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
The fake accents in Narcos are all terrible

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

The fake accents in Narcos are all terrible

If you want to see some bad accents watch Containment on the CW. The cast is made up of Brits, Canadians and a couple Australians all trying to sound like they are from Atlanta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Having Claudia Black not use her actual accent should be considered a war crime in of itself.

• Locked thread