Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Montasque posted:

Glenn Beck thinks that this bathroom thing is going to be the thing that destroys Trump and wins Cruz everything.

IN STADIUMS U WILL HAVE MEN IN WOMENS RESTROOMS... AND WHAT HAPPENS WHEN MEN GET ALL LIQUIRED UP???

NOW PERVERTS, STRAIGHT GUYS, WILL GO INTO WOMENS BATHROOMS! PEDOPHILES WILL GO INTO THEIR BATHROOM OF CHOICE!

He mad about Bathrooms.

The bathroom thing is a weak proxy. A lot of these leaders don't have the balls to stand for the basic conviction people are really advancing, which is the right to call things what they are and to refuse to participate in the degradation of Western Civilization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

Cruz wins?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Gyra_Solune posted:

has trump ever been to a manufacturing area

because perfectly operational facilities regularly look like this. who cares what our building looks like, we manufacture asbestos or some poo poo, nobody who doesn't work here every looks at this place

It's def abandoned this this particular case, even though you're absolutely correct on operating industrial buildings looking utterly forgotten.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

If Trump insults Syrian refugees, they might become radicalized and join ISIS, which is definitely why we should import Syrian refugees who are definitely not yet currently members of ISIS under current conditions! - a Hillary voter.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Islamophobia and immigration are both social issues?

Immigration is a labor issue. Islam is a national security issue.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
John Kasich eats like he just got off a cleanse lm fuckin ao

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/724771399252865024

What poll is this? Also LOL fox is pushing this.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Edit: ^^^^Is that Tucker Carlson on the right? I literally cannot recognize him without his bowtie.

Maoist Pussy posted:

The bathroom thing is a weak proxy. A lot of these leaders don't have the balls to stand for the basic conviction people are really advancing, which is the right to call things what they are and to refuse to participate in the degradation of Western Civilization.

It's almost as if being openly and unequivocally transphobic is not a winning public proposition anymore, and they have to conjure the most frightening strawman possible of allowing drunk rapists to barge in on little girls in the bathroom instead?

I agree on their base cowardice, but we should be rejoicing that they've been reduced to this mealy-mouthed half-argument much like the last refuge against gay marriage is insisting they don't have to acknowledge it. Either Trump takes the nomination despite his apathy on the subject which shows the grip of the evangelical social conservatives on the Republican party is broken or else Cruz steals the nomination and is lambasted for his open intolerance in the general - win win.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

mlmp08 posted:

I support makin candidates compete in the Indy 500.

President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho would do it

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Montasque posted:

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/724771399252865024

What poll is this? Also LOL fox is pushing this.

Tucker is lost without his stupid bow-tie shtick.

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

Maoist Pussy posted:

The existence of transgender persons, and their desire to be treated as members of the gender they most identify with, is not degrading to Western Civilization.

Your complete lack of empathy and compassion is however incredibly destructive to the effort of creating and maintaining pro-social society.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger
Just saw a Ted Cruz commercial and a Club For Growth #NeverTrump commercial during the Blues/Blackhawks game on Fox Sports Midwest. Can't imagine they're hitting a lot of Indiana voters with that one, but maybe they know something I don't.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Did this get posted? Because it deserves to be posted:

https://twitter.com/Olivianuzzi/status/724652055139344384

Dolash posted:

Edit: ^^^^Is that Tucker Carlson on the right? I literally cannot recognize him without his bowtie.

holy poo poo, me neither. It's uncanny.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Just saw a Ted Cruz commercial and a Club For Growth #NeverTrump commercial during the Blues/Blackhawks game on Fox Sports Midwest. Can't imagine they're hitting a lot of Indiana voters with that one, but maybe they know something I don't.

Given all we've seen thus far, the answer is almost certainly that they don't.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Coke cans in the US don't advertise Benelux TLD's, Ted.

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

"There are fair questions about shooting non-lethally at retreating civilian combatants."

Maoist Pussy posted:

If Trump insults Syrian refugees, they might become radicalized and join ISIS, which is definitely why we should import Syrian refugees who are definitely not yet currently members of ISIS under current conditions! - a Hillary voter.

75% of Syrian refugees are women and children under 16. They've all been thoroughly, thoroughly vetted by dozens of international and American agencies. There's zero chance these vetted refugees are members of ISIS. I'd bet my life on it.

Look, there were more German-Americans that went over and fought for Nazi Germany than there are Muslim Americans joining ISIS now. The same thing will happen. They'll assimilate in a generation or two and we'll all be pals.

ISIS is trying to portray this conflict as Islam vs the West: that Muslims cannot peacefully live alongside Christians and Jews and secular, and have no choice but to join the Caliphate. If you're a racist islamophobic idiot, you help ISIS spread that message and boost their recruitment numbers. If you live peacefully alongside them, you defeat ISIS. This isn't that hard.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

owns

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

I've made a huge mistake.

Nameless_Steve posted:

75% of Syrian refugees are women and children under 16. They've all been thoroughly, thoroughly vetted by dozens of international and American agencies. There's zero chance these vetted refugees are members of ISIS. I'd bet my life on it.

Look, there were more German-Americans that went over and fought for Nazi Germany than there are Muslim Americans joining ISIS now. The same thing will happen. They'll assimilate in a generation or two and we'll all be pals.

ISIS is trying to portray this conflict as Islam vs the West: that Muslims cannot peacefully live alongside Christians and Jews and secular, and have no choice but to join the Caliphate. If you're a racist islamophobic idiot, you help ISIS spread that message and boost their recruitment numbers. If you live peacefully alongside them, you defeat ISIS. This isn't that hard.

One of the really interesting things about ISIS propaganda (including their high-quality, deeply horrible monthly magazine) is that they don't give two figs about their perception by the Crusaders the West. It's all for consumption by their constituency, and sympathetic or persuadable Muslims who haven't joined up yet. So all their portrayals of themselves in that propaganda are how they want to be seen by Muslims. It's some real through-the-looking-glass poo poo.

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008

Nameless_Steve posted:

If they're all innocent women and children who have been thoroughly vetted, then Trump's rhetoric will not turn them into terrorists so your entire point is invalid. We can talk about them however we want, they have been predetermined as safe.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Kasich is a mess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_wwnHa9c3o

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
Kasich 2016: Hungry for Sanity

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Aliquid posted:

Kasich is a mess

he's got the meat sweats

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Kasich is a waste.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

The best part of that interview is when, after being asked about Trump starting to insult him Kasich says "I kinda chuckle, I think it's humorous," as his shoulders twitch, he blinks rapidly, and his face is intensely serious.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
"I'm not gonna comment about Mr. Trump" -one second beat - *comments about Mr. Trump*

I am in a state of disbelief at how loving stupid this is.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

To Kasich I have only one thing to say: nice meltdown.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

man if there was ever a guy who looked like he was an inch away from a heart attack...

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

rakovsky maybe posted:

If they're all innocent women and children who have been thoroughly vetted, then Trump's rhetoric will not turn them into terrorists so your entire point is invalid. We can talk about them however we want, they have been predetermined as safe.

You turn them into terrorists by shunning them, keeping them isolated and rejected by mainstream society. That will ensure that the kids grow up good and alienated so then they'll be ripe for recruitment and strapping on a bomb vest.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

rakovsky maybe posted:

The dozens of vetting processes forgot to include the question "If someone says an unkind thing about Islam would you immediately join ISIS and start murdering people?"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I mean if you were the interviewer it would be clear he had poured Boodles, not Baileys, in his cereal.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

nice

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Yeah at this point Reince has to be on to a straight Jack/Cheerios breakfast at this point.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Haha come on why are you assuming he's mixing cereal at all with his morning booze?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Kasich settling on the euphemism "open convention"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I'm saying he eats 2 of these a day

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Kaisch is bucked in

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Two national polls were released today, one had Clinton +3 and the other one Clinton +11. You already know which one Fox is promoting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Subvisual Haze posted:

The dozens of vetting processes forgot to include the question "If someone says an unkind thing about Islam would you immediately join ISIS and start murdering people?"

Woo yeah. Totally one unkind word about Islam must be the straw breaking the camels back here; not the decades of poo poo like Southwest airlines kicking anyone another passenger thinks is too foreign off their flight and subjecting them to invasive public searches.

• Locked thread