Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

punk rebel ecks posted:

I always LOVED that game's artstyle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The SVC sprites look bad

Mr.Flibble
Jul 23, 2008

Negrostrike posted:

No love for World Heroes?
I'd kill a man for a sequel. I can even imagine its name: World Heroes Excellent.

I love World Heroes! If you want to try out something new play the Gameboy Color version of World Heroes 2 Jet, to this day it's still one of the best portable fighting games I've
ever played. It even has something the original lacks, Endings!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WczBfvEqZLQ

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I money matched a guy in SvC Chaos as a joke once, and it turned out he knew how to play the game

He won by frame trapping me with farts the entire time

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Hugo's face looks like it's trying to escape from his skull.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Peak SvC: Chaos was that they chose the best version of Zero to put into a fighting game, but within days we discovered he has multiple single-move infinites.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I want to replace the white buttons in my TE2+ with red ones. Which model Sanwa button do I need for this thing and where should I order from?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
My favorite part about SvC Chaos is that since Dan from SF is meant to be a mockery of Ryo and Roberto from KoF and is super-weak in that series, in an SNK-produced game Dan was apparently pretty good?

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Baal posted:

The SVC sprites look bad

they remind me of donkey kong country

Luigi Thirty posted:

I want to replace the white buttons in my TE2+ with red ones. Which model Sanwa button do I need for this thing and where should I order from?

OSBF 30

can get on amazon ebay or focusattack

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I never played SvC so I can't really say anything about its quality but I know that charging is really wacky. For instance, you can't throw a sonic boom from down-back, you have to roll from down-back to back to forward. Same deal with flash kick.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
here's an svc zero infinite anyone can learn

start a juggle in the corner

and then do j.c

over and over

until they die

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Zand posted:

Japanese game devs taking advice from a westerner and likely being in charge of implementation sounds shaky to me

Well, Revelator's the first case of japanese devs correctly implementing lab zero's ps3 stick driver so it's a good start.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Chev posted:

Well, Revelator's the first case of japanese devs correctly implementing lab zero's ps3 stick driver so it's a good start.

I thought the first Japanese dev to use it was Koihime Enbu?

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

mycot posted:

I thought the first Japanese dev to use it was Koihime Enbu?

Note I didn't say "using" but "correctly implementing", so for Koihime, which I had forgotten about, it depends on whether you can just plug the stick and it works (which is how the driver really works) or you have to do the whole rigmarole like in SF4 and MKX.

Chev fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Apr 26, 2016

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

inthesto posted:

I like both ST and 3S and I am bad at both but come on this couldn't be any further from the truth and you know it

I don't see how an opinion about something as subjective as the natural evolution of something could be a lie? I think ST created the basic model of interaction in fighting games and then 3S added a mechanic that's so powerful and all encompassing it redefines every interaction with that new element, to me that's a natural evolution as it's a core rework of the basic parts of fighting games. I also think that fighting games are funnest when it's about reads and counter reads and levelling, and that every fighting game eventually boils down to that when you're good enough at spacing and anything game specific that requires precision, so to me 3S just makes the core part of what I enjoy about FGs more interesting and multi-layered. I have a whole thing against people who want regimented clear responses to everything ala SF4/5 because to me it's all reducing the impact the other player can have on you, which removes/dampens what I like about FGs in general.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'd like to thank brian for the only post he's ever made that is relevant to my interests because it led me to this

dangerdoom volvo posted:

interesting kof graphical journey comparison + its boob centric:

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

just doin my bit so everyone can see the vanessian blinders

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Realistic boob sweat. Really, KOF XIV has the superior graphical engine this generation.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I can't believe someone finally invented the technology to make a girl's body glimmer like in anime

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am all for emphasizing Angel's amazing assets

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Baal posted:

I am all for emphasizing Angel's amazing assets

Mai's a fraud.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Chev posted:

Arc System Works tends to be the exception with these things. I recall that Blazblue was the first Japanese fighting games was actual competent online. This also resulted in it being one of the first fighting games where a good share of its competitive scene was in online lobbies.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Corbeau posted:

The KOF14 character artists don't even seem to bumpmap these models. Or if they are, then it's not noticeable. It's so absurdly far behind in basic technical competence that I'm mystified. There's no defense for skipping something that basic in this day and age.

The animators are doing fine, mind, but the texture work is just silly bad.

Honestly, the animation is pretty bad as well. That's one thing SFV really nailed

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I can't believe someone finally invented the technology to make a girl's body glimmer like in anime

Perhaps you should check out DOA5 which was doing sweat on anime girls for 4 years now.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

punk rebel ecks posted:

Arc System Works tends to be the exception with these things. I recall that Blazblue was the first Japanese fighting games was actual competent online. This also resulted in it being one of the first fighting games where a good share of its competitive scene was in online lobbies.

Yes and no. Though the features around it are good, their netcode is still lackluster, it's the very reason we're discussing this in the first place.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Also isn't the reason Blazblue's netcode seems good because they specifically structured character frame data to mask out lag

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

I'm doing the challenge trials in SF5 and I can't finish some of the 4 move combos. I'm chaining them together in good time, but the last move keeps getting blocked. What do I need to do differently?

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Chinook posted:

I'm doing the challenge trials in SF5 and I can't finish some of the 4 move combos. I'm chaining them together in good time, but the last move keeps getting blocked. What do I need to do differently?

faster

as halfway crooks
Mar 7, 2007

by Shine
im good at dota and want to try something new, maybe a fighting game
whats good? sfv?
for pc, i have xbox controller i can use but no stick obviously

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo

Chinook posted:

You're probably trying to do a link when you should be trying to do a cancel. Post the specific trial you're having trouble with in the SFV thread.

as halfway crooks posted:

whats good? sfv?

SFV has the biggest player-base. KI is free and it has a solid tutorial, definitely worth checking out. Guilty Gear is awesome and has an amazing set of tutorial and training modes, but will be the hardest to get into overall.

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"
The best first fighting game to pick up is the one your friends will play

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
im good at craps and i want to try something new, maybe sailing

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

dangerdoom volvo posted:

im good at craps and i want to try something new, maybe sailing

I don't think you're good at anything

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

as halfway crooks posted:

whats good? sfv?

SFV is a pretty safe choice for the time being even though it's a little janky.

Dota won't help you though, and Xbox controllers are like the worst devices for FGs.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
If you don't want to drop money on a stick (totally understandable), just get a Hori FC4, they're $30-40 and already much better than a 360 pad.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Faffel posted:

I don't think you're good at anything

i loving rule at telling people who would win between the hulk and superman

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

dangerdoom volvo posted:

goku

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Saitama

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I'm having a ROM related problem with fightcade. Can I talk about it here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

punk rebel ecks posted:

I'm having a ROM related problem with fightcade. Can I talk about it here?

yeah.. it can be difficult to properly rip the roms legally from your arcade boards but plenty of people here play on fightcade so you know there are lots of knowledge people here

Zand fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Apr 26, 2016